Page / 3284
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By WIC:

it was fookin delicious

pickle omelett

white pudding

burnt beelers

On the subject of breakfast, what do you guys use for the handle of your cast iron pan?

I have this silicon sleeve on there, which works for the heat, but always wants to slide off.

https://i.imgur.com/UYEkI3x.jpg
View Quote

Raw dog it or grab a dry towel if it's too hot.
Originally Posted By rbb2:

I'm hopefully nearing the end of 2.5 days leaking liquid from both ends so I'm a little feisty. Supper tonight was the first solid food I've eaten more than a few bites of.
View Quote

So much for a 24hr bug. Lol. At least you're on the mend
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Roll up for lunch at a restaurant, lady parked in handicapped stall with no handicap tags is just returning to her Genesis SUV. Shoves some chips in her mouth from the large bag she is carrying, gets in her vehicle, turns back and throws the mostly full bag on the ground outside her car before closing the door. Starts the car as I am walking over to her, sees me, starts backing up quickly but stops as she decides I am too close for her to turn out of the stall without hitting me, I bend over, pick up her chip bag shaking my head in disgust at her and walk away. She paused a bit until I got a little ways away then quickly pulled out and proceeded to drive towards the back of the large lot going the longest way around to exit in an attempt to avoid me at all costs.

Some people…

https://i.imgur.com/4J0sNRZ.jpg
View Quote

Shouldve put it under her wiper blade.

I got an in stock notification from DLT this morning. Didnt get to check my email until lunch and it, of course, was out of stock.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Roll up for lunch at a restaurant, lady parked in handicapped stall with no handicap tags is just returning to her Genesis SUV. Shoves some chips in her mouth from the large bag she is carrying, gets in her vehicle, turns back and throws the mostly full bag on the ground outside her car before closing the door. Starts the car as I am walking over to her, sees me, starts backing up quickly but stops as she decides I am too close for her to turn out of the stall without hitting me, I bend over, pick up her chip bag shaking my head in disgust at her and walk away. She paused a bit until I got a little ways away then quickly pulled out and proceeded to drive towards the back of the large lot going the longest way around to exit in an attempt to avoid me at all costs.

Some people…

View Quote

Methinks she was no lady.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 5:50:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbb2] [#4]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

View Quote

Yeah I'm back to about 95%. Unfortunately it hit the Mrs. with a vengeance last night so I've been home doing the Mr. Mom thing today.

ETA: thanks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I got an in stock notification from DLT this morning. Didnt get to check my email until lunch and it, of course, was out of stock.  
View Quote

For what? I didn't get one from them today so I'm obviously not signed up for whatever that one was.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

I would have.

I was walking out of the grocery store a few weeks ago with my human child and right when we got into the front of the store crosswalk section a car zoomed by way too fast. Maybe 30 mph trying to cut through and bypass heavy traffic on the actual city road. I had my kid’s hand in one hand and two grocery bags in the other. As I drove by us I smacked my bag against the door and ended up breaking the jar of preserves. Asshole car kept going. I hope they got a scratched or dented door. People suck.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

View Quote

I tested bare handle this morning. It is a large pan. Further out it was fine, but too heavy for me to pick it up just at the far end with my tiny womanly arms, so I had to choke up further where it was hot. I used the blue mitt. It worked.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Methinks she was no lady.
View Quote

You're right. Words are important, that was not the correct word.

I have to talk to an associate about words tomorrow...
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Yeah I'm back to about 95%. Unfortunately it hit the Mrs. with a vengeance last night so I've been home doing the Mr. Mom thing today.

ETA: thanks.
View Quote

some of your cooking afflicting the family?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

For...?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#12]

For what? I didn't get one from them today so I'm obviously not signed up for whatever that one was.
View Quote

This 31 with the Elforyn is really poetry in in the hand. Something so classic about the Sebenza design, perfected with additions from the Inkosi. It is great. The price on these is getting ridiculous, but CRK is still putting out the good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 80085:

I would have.

I was walking out of the grocery store a few weeks ago with my human child and right when we got into the front of the store crosswalk section a car zoomed by way too fast. Maybe 30 mph trying to cut through and bypass heavy traffic on the actual city road. I had my kid’s hand in one hand and two grocery bags in the other. As I drove by us I smacked my bag against the door and ended up breaking the jar of preserves. Asshole car kept going. I hope they got a scratched or dented door. People suck.
View Quote

Was it smuckers or Witherton Preserves?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 3xpert:
https://i.imgur.com/Dk0mErF.jpg
View Quote

normally I have your back, but there is nowhere near enough cheese on that.

inflation hitting hard?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#15]

speaking of orange
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#16]

I tested bare handle this morning. It is a large pan. Further out it was fine, but too heavy for me to pick it up just at the far end with my tiny womanly arms, so I had to choke up further where it was hot. I used the blue mitt. It worked.
View Quote

I use a towel most of the time
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#17]

some of your cooking afflicting the family?
View Quote

My wife took the kids to an indoor play center thing last week, that's probably where it came from.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#18]
ah

well, there you go
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#19]

inflation hitting hard?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

inflation hitting hard?

You have to look under the lettuce to find more cheese, but maybe I was a little light on the cheese.
Picked a hand full of cherry tomatos, sliced in half and threw them on, they made the Taco.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#20]
my smashburger today had fresh tomato, it was great.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Yes, orange.

Margarita mix is just simple syrup and lime juice, but over processed and fake.

A truly traditional margarita is something like three parts tequila, one part lime juice, one part triple sec. Simple syrup is usually added because people are wussies.
View All Quotes

orange? I don't taste orange. are you sure? maybe it's different up here like old fashioneds

Yes, orange.

Margarita mix is just simple syrup and lime juice, but over processed and fake.

A truly traditional margarita is something like three parts tequila, one part lime juice, one part triple sec. Simple syrup is usually added because people are wussies.

This.

"Fun" summer versions of Margarita's would be cutting whatever margarita mix of choice 50/50 with freshly de-seeded watermelon that is blended and mixed in.
You could also do a mix of cantaloupe and honeydew, (50/50 split with margarita mix), mangoes, strawberries, etc.

Instead of Margarita mix, try sugar-free limeade.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#22]
dafuq
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Mineragua is a good alternative to topo chico. You can get it in liter bottles too. I’ve seen it 5 liters for $5 before. But the plastic bottles sort of taste different than a cold glass bottle. It goes well with tequila and lime which is ranch water.

How are you liking that Walther? Every time I see it I hate those CAT tracks on the slide but I like the look of the gun. Might have to get one if I can find a good price.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JaredGrey:
https://i.imgur.com/J5jPZmm.jpg

Had to hydrate this morning before working out. Like this new Mexican sparkling water. I may have to buy more.

Mineragua is a good alternative to topo chico. You can get it in liter bottles too. I’ve seen it 5 liters for $5 before. But the plastic bottles sort of taste different than a cold glass bottle. It goes well with tequila and lime which is ranch water.

How are you liking that Walther? Every time I see it I hate those CAT tracks on the slide but I like the look of the gun. Might have to get one if I can find a good price.

The PDP's are ugly guns.
But they feel REAL good in the hand.
Triggers are decent too.

I dont want to like them, but everyone I know with one loves it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Some people…

View Quote

Next time put the bag under her passenger side windshield wiper so she has to get out of the car to go get it.
When she throws it on the ground again, do it again until she gets mad and drives off with under her wiper.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Some people…

See what I mean?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#26]

This 31 with the Elforyn is really poetry in in the hand. Something so classic about the Sebenza design, perfected with additions from the Inkosi. It is great. The price on these is getting ridiculous, but CRK is still putting out the good stuff.
View All Quotes

So which is better, Inkosi or Sebbie 31?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#27]

speaking of orange
View Quote

This post gave me Diabeetus
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

The thing in the pic I quoted.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#29]

For...?
View All Quotes

For...?

For the thing
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

Next time put the bag under her passenger side windshield wiper so she has to get out of the car to go get it.
When she throws it on the ground again, do it again until she gets mad and drives off with under her wiper.
View All Quotes

Some people…

When she gets out to get it, reach in and snag her keys. Drive off and drop them someplace random on the way home.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#31]
You guys have a lot more time to waste than me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#32]

So which is better, Inkosi or Sebbie 31?
View Quote

I have had Sebbie's before and Inkosi always won.

The Inkosi still wins for me, but the 31 is a close second. With time, maybe it will surpass the Inkosi for me. The Elforyn certainly helps.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#33]
You guys have a lot more time to waste than me.
View Quote

Stupid should be painful and made an example of.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Ti Tues

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Stupid should be painful and made an example of.
View Quote

I don't disagree, I just don't have time for all the stupid out there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#36]

The thing in the pic I quoted.
View Quote

Ooohhhh, that makes sense
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
Ti Tues

https://i.imgur.com/KIHOuZ0.jpeg
View Quote
Haven't had those in ages - fond memories.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Taco Tuesday!
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Was it smuckers or Witherton Preserves?
View Quote

It was the fancy one with the red/white checkerboard lid.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Cursive writing on the white label but most importantly it has pure sugar , none of this corn syrup trash.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Sorry Iowa but you’ve plagued america with your toxic liquid corn poison.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#42]

inflation hitting hard?
View Quote

He did it the right way. Melted cheese on the tortilla under the meat and vegetables.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:19:21 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

This is good stuff.

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Maybe this is a better pic for Ti Tuesday

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:22:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry Iowa but you’ve plagued america with your toxic liquid corn poison.
View Quote

I agree 100%. Adding it to gasoline is retarded, too.

I would much prefer that it be used to create delicious meat.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#46]

The PDP's are ugly guns.
But they feel REAL good in the hand.
Triggers are decent too.

I dont want to like them, but everyone I know with one loves it.
View Quote

Psa has had the steyr c9, m9, and l9 a2 mf on sage for $400 or less this last week. I’m tempted to buy another at that price since they’re also a damn good gun but would like to try that Walther too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

This is good stuff.

https://www.bonnemaman.us/media/cache/catalog/product/imp/ort/cropped/750x750/Bonne_Maman_FourFruits_Preserves.jpg

It really is
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Cursive writing on the white label but most importantly it has pure sugar , none of this corn syrup trash.
View Quote

It's easier to find jam/jelly/preserves without hfcs than it is to find ketchup (trader Joe's ketchup is the best) but it's still very difficult, maybe only one or two options in the store. Peanut butter that only has peanuts and salt is another one that's a chore to find.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:25:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Yes. That’s the one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#50]

I agree 100%. Adding it to gasoline is retarded, too.

I would much prefer that it be used to create delicious meat.
View Quote

Both solid points. You should run for governor.
Page / 3284
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top