BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3290
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sywagon:
My wife loves those (state fair zinnia I believe).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sywagon:
My wife loves those (state fair zinnia I believe).

I really do too. Pretty and those stems are tough! Wife started them from seed.  Def doing them next year.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

I’ve seen copper liners done before, not bolsters. Now I’m curious what the patina looks like on those over time.
View Quote

Boker had some slippies in copper and micarta with O1 steel
Originally Posted By rbb2:

Sardines in mustard sauce.

They were on the discount shelf for 75 cents at the front of Menards, a one stop shop for all of your hardware, lumber, and tinned fish needs.

They were pretty decent given the price, but upon closer examination the ingredients list "vegetable" oil instead of the preferred olive oil, as well as sugar. And the fish themselves, despite being tinned in the sauce, were still quite dry. I'll eat the other ones (I got 4), but I probably won't buy more if they're there the next time I go.
View Quote

Menards is awesome. They still sell house and shop/barn kits, plus they also sell some pickled/preserved foods that don't have an ingredient label that reads like a science experiment.

Originally Posted By WIC:

while not opposed to 51200, is there something similar with a little better edge retention that is still easy to sharpen. I have been out of the steel hotness loop for a while, so nothing coming to mind, but is there something similar to Elmax or S35Vn on the non stainless side? something less than 15V? Or is what I am describing 52100? DFARM, isn't one or more of my kitchen knives 52100?
View Quote

Your petty chef is 80CRV2, the mini-me version of it is 1084 and I think your micarta utility is AEB-L, I think. I'd have to check over my records. Lol
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Fiber Friday.

Link Posted: 8/23/2024 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Me, too!

https://i.imgur.com/kY2pvTZ.jpeg
View Quote

Like the tasteful clip. And salad.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Reubjames:

My Dad got his undergrad in Aero then his masters and PhD focused on materials. He did spend some time early on at General Dynamics working on the F-111 but then spent the vast majority of his career (~40 years) as a bridge expert/researcher and teaching civil engineering classes at TAMU as well as running the student advising for the civil department. The good engineers can do it all even if they didn't specifically learn it at school. It's the engineering mindset that comes naturally to some people that really sets them apart. The ability to solve problems on the fly, recognize the root cause of the issue intuitively, and come up with unique solutions. When they have it, it's noticeable. Some of that certainly comes from life experience, some of it is what I like to call the "knack" and people either have it or they don't. Dilbert makes fun of it a bit but there is something to it and it's obvious when someone has it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8vHhgh6oM0

Ok, enough engineer dribble from me.
View Quote

Yep.

That's what the paper is supposed to infer. I know quite a few people that I graduated with that work in other fields but people like that paper so they got a shot.

Link Posted: 8/23/2024 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#7]

My electrician, who is not the owner of the business he works for, drives a current model M3 and has a bourbon collection three times bigger than mine consisting primarily of allocated bottles.

yeah, trades are alive and well
View Quote

It's true.

Definitely an option and something I've talked about with the kiddo
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Electricians do make bank. Especially in the copper mine cause they can have 80-100 hour weeks.
View Quote

My cousin works out near the mines doing infrastructure planning.

He was telling my son good welders can literally name their price. They can't get them out there fast enough.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

My cousin works out near the mines doing infrastructure planning.

He was telling my son good welders can literally name their price. They can't get them out there fast enough.
View Quote

100% and we need good welders. We were gearing up to start a new drilling project out there before I left, scope of work required a certified welder cause the guy on the last project couldn’t weld for shit, we had welds breaking 200+ ft down hole. Totally unacceptable when we’re dealing with stainless casing that runs $100 a foot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Need to dial in the cook time, but the dough definitely worked.
View Quote

AI generated recipe.

Pizza Hut-style thin crust dough:

Ingredients:

2 teaspoons active dry yeast
6 oz warm water (110°F)
16 oz King Arthur all-purpose flour
1.5 teaspoons salt
Optional: sugar (increased amount may be necessary for a crisper crust)
Steps:

Mix yeast, sugar, and warm water in a bowl. Let it sit for 10 minutes until yeast is dissolved and foamy.
Add flour, salt, and any additional sugar (if using) to the bowl. Mix until a shaggy dough forms.
Knead the dough for 10-20 seconds using a dough hook or spoon.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Cut off a piece of dough (about twice the amount needed for your pizza) and return the rest to the refrigerator for later use.
Roll out the dough to a thin sheet (about 1/8 inch thick) using a rolling pin.
Place the dough in a seasoned cutter pan or a lightly oiled pizza pan.
Dock the dough (use a dough docker or a fork to create small holes) to prevent it from bubbling up during baking.
Top with sauce, cheese, and desired toppings.
Bake in a preheated oven at 500°F (260°C) for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Additional Tips:

Let the dough ferment for at least 5 hours at room temperature, or up to 24 hours for a more developed flavor.
Use a high-quality all-purpose flour, such as King Arthur, for a better texture and flavor.
Adjust the amount of sugar to your taste, as some recipes suggest a higher amount for a crisper crust.
For a more authentic Pizza Hut crust, try using a perforated pan or a pan with a cut lip, as described in some sources.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I worked at a Pizza Hut in high school. Three Pizza Hut locations technically, but really only one location. I was the GD cook on the hunt for red October.

If I recall correctly after all these years, we made the thin crust dough, refrigerated it for an hour or two to cool it down, then dropped the portions into a roller press to flatten them placed on the pans and perforated the dough. Then back into the refrigerator they went again. We did not proof the dough at all for the thin crust.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#12]

That's a good looking pizza!
I could eat 2 maybe 3.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#13]
@MaxxII
Check out that red dot on a co-workers 43X

Used it to shoot this, 10yds. Yeah I meant to hit her, butt ugly.

Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 3xpert:
@MaxxII

https://i.imgur.com/3fNqwFS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qWrOBoZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6m4CIHJ.jpg
View Quote

That’s the Leupold optic for striker fired guns.
Don’t recall how that faired in Aaron Cowan’s testing.
It’s a neat concept that I don’t see often in the wild.

What did you think?
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

What did you think?
View All Quotes
@MaxxII

What did you think?

Co-worker likes it, When he does it's in a OWB holster.
I had my Crossbreed, Super tuck IWB, Does not work well.
When you reach for the pistol, you cant put a grip on it and draw, You have to reposition your hand.
As far as drawing and shooting, window is small put I could pick up the dot easily.
Would not carry in a holster, maybe my pack when fishing.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Throw some pineapple on there and I'm in!
View Quote
I ain't scared.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 80085:

AI generated recipe.

Pizza Hut-style thin crust dough:

Ingredients:

2 teaspoons active dry yeast
6 oz warm water (110 F)
16 oz King Arthur all-purpose flour
1.5 teaspoons salt
Optional: sugar (increased amount may be necessary for a crisper crust)
Steps:

Mix yeast, sugar, and warm water in a bowl. Let it sit for 10 minutes until yeast is dissolved and foamy.
Add flour, salt, and any additional sugar (if using) to the bowl. Mix until a shaggy dough forms.
Knead the dough for 10-20 seconds using a dough hook or spoon.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Cut off a piece of dough (about twice the amount needed for your pizza) and return the rest to the refrigerator for later use.
Roll out the dough to a thin sheet (about 1/8 inch thick) using a rolling pin.
Place the dough in a seasoned cutter pan or a lightly oiled pizza pan.
Dock the dough (use a dough docker or a fork to create small holes) to prevent it from bubbling up during baking.
Top with sauce, cheese, and desired toppings.
Bake in a preheated oven at 500 F (260 C) for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Additional Tips:

Let the dough ferment for at least 5 hours at room temperature, or up to 24 hours for a more developed flavor.
Use a high-quality all-purpose flour, such as King Arthur, for a better texture and flavor.
Adjust the amount of sugar to your taste, as some recipes suggest a higher amount for a crisper crust.
For a more authentic Pizza Hut crust, try using a perforated pan or a pan with a cut lip, as described in some sources.
View Quote
I think genuine cracker crust uses no yeast.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I worked at a Pizza Hut in high school. Three Pizza Hut locations technically, but really only one location. I was the GD cook on the hunt for red October.

If I recall correctly after all these years, we made the thin crust dough, refrigerated it for an hour or two to cool it down, then dropped the portions into a roller press to flatten them placed on the pans and perforated the dough. Then back into the refrigerator they went again. We did not proof the dough at all for the thin crust.
View All Quotes

I'm experimenting with cold fermenting now, switching between active dry and instant yeast.

That's a good looking pizza!
I could eat 2 maybe 3.
I should've had more than one, but the first one got turned into a mushroom calzone. Launch failure.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
Haven't posted in a while. Think I'm having a reaction to new meds! No ambition and tired and sore!
Outing tomorrow. Hope I can go.
Bringing these. Lol!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/IMG_9125_jpg-3302512.JPG
View Quote
You've posted that knife too much lately.

I've seen it enough.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:55:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Nothing like a 20"
250yds, Considering dot covers the diamond, 3.5X, Non free float 1-9 and bi-focals, I think I did pretty good.
I'll own my neighborhood should the need arise.

Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:17:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#21]
Had to look. They still have em.  I almost bought one of these last year when I was at smkw but I got my CF butterfly knife instead. Lol

Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:17:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#22]
Weird dt
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DFARM:
Had to look. They still have em.  I almost bought one of these last year when I was at smkw but I got my CF butterfly knife instead. Lol

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-9ovoti0bdi/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/33095/187843/BK111519_JPEG-09__13497.1709822843.jpg?c=1

View Quote

Hey look at that! Very similar to what I’m working up for WIC.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Nothing like a 20"
250yds, Considering dot covers the diamond, 3.5X, Non free float 1-9 and bi-focals, I think I did pretty good.

https://i.imgur.com/v1osTHc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/um0Xyk4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/n6Kagpb.jpg
View Quote
Good shootin'.

20" is something else. The only one I have currently is a SAM-R, but I've been wanting to build an A4 clone for years. I just can't jive with a ta31.

I picked a up a different flavor of 20" this afternoon. It was already dark when I got home, so I got blue balled on shooting today. Maybe tomorrow.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#25]
the one you are doing will be so much better. better lines. better micarta.

Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Good shootin'.

20" is something else. The only one I have currently is a SAM-R, but I've been wanting to build an A4 clone for years. I just can't jive with a ta31.

I picked a up a different flavor of 20" this afternoon. It was already dark when I got home, so I got blue balled on shooting today. Maybe tomorrow.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/218303/IMG_2175_jpeg-3302821.JPG
View Quote

44?
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Good shootin'.

View All Quotes
Nothing like a 20"

https://i.imgur.com/v1osTHc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/um0Xyk4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/n6Kagpb.jpg
Good shootin'.

I need to get another lever gun. I bought a Golden Boy a few years ago that I haven't shot. A rifle in 38/357 would be fun.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 11:15:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#28]

44?
View All Quotes

44?
357/38spl

Started out looking for a 45lc, as I'm already set up to reload for it, but I received a pile of 38spl and this is a good way to get rid of it.
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I need to get another lever gun. I bought a Golden Boy a few years ago that I haven't shot. A rifle in 38/357 would be fun.
Exactly what I got. Interested to see the difference between 357 and 38spl out of the 20".
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Currently in Japan so no big knives.

Link Posted: 8/23/2024 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice dragonfly. Very appropriate for your location too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Went to Scheels tonight hit with some buddies, was very close to walking out with a Kershaw Lucha or a some Giantmouse ACE model. Luckily my friends did their job and kept me from bringing down the wrath of my wife for buying another knife so soon.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 11:57:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Went to Scheels tonight hit with some buddies, was very close to walking out with a Kershaw Lucha or a some Giantmouse ACE model. Luckily my friends did their job and kept me from bringing down the wrath of my wife for buying another knife so soon.
View Quote

Sounds like you need to ditch these so-called "friends". You don't need that negativity in your life.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Sounds like you need to ditch these so-called "friends". You don't need that negativity in your life.
View All Quotes

Concur.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I think they care for my safety and whether or not I sleep on the couch tonight.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 12:14:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Friday!!

Time for an evening smoke!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 1:47:20 AM EDT
[#36]

When you reach for the pistol, you cant put a grip on it and draw, You have to reposition your hand.
As far as drawing and shooting, window is small put I could pick up the dot easily.
View All Quotes
@MaxxII

What did you think?

Hmmm...Was your supertuck was not designed for optic ready pistols?

Take a look at the Holosun SCS MOS specifically for Glock pistols.
It is an open emitter, meaning debris can get in between the projector and the screen.
But like I said earlier, I don't think that's a deal breaker for most people.

Link Posted: 8/24/2024 1:47:58 AM EDT
[#37]
I ain't scared.
View All Quotes

Throw some pineapple on there and I'm in!
I ain't scared.

Link Posted: 8/24/2024 1:49:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Nothing like a 20"

View Quote

I think you did alright.
200/300 dog target at boot camp was bigger.

I need a 20 inch fixed stock AR.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 1:53:19 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-9ovoti0bdi/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/33095/187843/BK111519_JPEG-09__13497.1709822843.jpg?c=1

If you're going to put a cow shield on the scales, you should engrave a monkey on the inside, just for WIC.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 1:59:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#40]
Mr Conway Fiddy

In Da Club (by "Conway Fitty")

It's late, but it's Friday. Lol

(Fixed blade Friday)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 2:17:09 AM EDT
[#41]
I fucks wit da pineapple, but there's a special place in hell for people who put sliced tomatoes on top of pizza.

Grind that shit up and make sauce like a normal person.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 2:17:28 AM EDT
[#42]

It is an open emitter, meaning debris can get in between the projector and the screen.

View Quote

I’m quite pleased with the SCS. If HK trusts it enough to sell factory guns with the SCS installed on it from HK then I’m good with it…

Link Posted: 8/24/2024 2:31:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Mr Conway Fiddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Qg99MhZQM

View Quote
That guy does solid work.

The Hank Williams "Straight Outta Compton" is a certified chart-topper.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 2:48:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rbb2] [#44]

Don't believe the pepper, that was a good pizza!
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 2:49:54 AM EDT
[#45]
I fucks wit da pineapple, but there's a special place in hell for people who put sliced tomatoes on top of pizza.

View Quote

Try again. (See above.)
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 2:52:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 80085] [#46]
Eight minutes to the monkey edge sale. I wonder what they will drop the shiros down to…

Edit no discounts on the shiros. Tactile and Spartan and protech have good prices
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 3:08:43 AM EDT
[#47]

Try again. (See above.)
View All Quotes

Try again. (See above.)
That may be a pepper, but I stand by what I said.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 3:24:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Eight minutes to the monkey edge sale. I wonder what they will drop the shiros down to

Edit no discounts on the shiros. Tactile and Spartan and protech have good prices
View Quote
$370 on a pj Harsey sounds pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:05:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:
Friday!!

Time for an evening smoke!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160658/1000002831_jpg-3302898.JPG
View Quote

well that's convenient
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

No, but the pistol fit into the holster. When carried there is no gap between pistol and holster.
Its tight against my body. The extra half inch it overhangs the slide makes it hard to grip when your trying to draw it out.

Buddy carries it OWB, that works for him.

Also he had some flavor of a G17 size Walther 9mm with a Leopold RDS.
I shot it well, this was the first time I was able to shoot any RDS.
Now I want a RDS.
But on a Glock.
Page / 3290
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top