Quoted:
Lightly Soiled John.
It doesn't have the same ring.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m triggered by your use of the word ‘blanket’. Why not try another, less offensive word?

Sometimes, my vehicle-carry rig is an old Blackhawk .41 Magnum with hard-cast bullets. You know, just in case grizzlies learn to drive and want to have their bachelorette party in Nashville.
Lightly Soiled John.
It doesn't have the same ring.
I thought the ‘grizzly-bear-bachelorette-party-gun’ joke was better, but whatever.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If you don’t carry a belt fed you’re gonna die.

That said I never feel under gunned with a 1911 or P7M8 or USPc .45. All with a spare magazine. And there’s always a J frame in my pocket. If I went somewhere I felt I needed more I would take a rifle or simply not go.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Many of you carry simply to say I carry. or the famous "Something is better then nothing" You carry a little small capacity, hard to hold low power caliber gun as if it is a magic Talisman that will magically help you win the fight of your life. Don't fool yourselves that you making a choice based on anything else...'

Then when challenged or questioned on your choice, you pull the "Hey, The chance of needing it is low anyhow, so it makes little difference what I'm carrying, and then you loop back around to "It's better then nothing"

I hope none of you have to ever find out the hard way, and chances are, you won't.
View Quote
That is fucking retarded sir. Just stop it. Carry what you like and get off your fucking high horse.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That is fucking retarded sir. Just stop it. Carry what you like and get off your fucking high horse.
View Quote
This is a discussion forum on firearms, the fact that you disagree with someone is part of that discussion, I could easily tell you that you are retarded and that you should stop.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What ammo was he issued during his career? LRN? LSWC? LSWCHP? I ask because while NYPD held onto their LRN for years because of a single one stop shot of a bear in the zoo, there was a litany of documented failures of that round. Yet, plenty of "experts" claimed "well it worked for me" and pointed to a single instance as evidence. We have to look at hard, repeatable data, not personal anecdotes colored by the unreliability of memory & bias. How many shootings was he involved in, i.e. does "worked alright" = gunned down a half dozen armed suspects or does it mean he was never in a shooting, in which case a rubber gun would have "worked alright".
View Quote
@SEK7562 I'm not sure what ammo, I wasn't much into shooting when he was around. I know he was in at least 2 shoot outs but he didn't go into specifics. He worked his way up to chief of police, so he wasn't in the bad neighborhoods alone anymore. We didn't know he carried until we found his CHL one day at like 70+ years old. I've never met a more bad-ass person.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I thought the ‘grizzly-bear-bachelorette-party-gun’ joke was better, but whatever.
View Quote
I was going for a not-so-strong  as Dirty Harry joke. Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#7]
You ain’t a man unless you carry a 1911 slide first in your prison wallet. Mag floor plate facing your 12:00 of course.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I carry a double stack 9 most of the time but I also carry a double stack 10MM or .45 some of the time. Don’t tell me what to do!!!!LOL
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey man, is that my case?
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Many of you carry simply to say I carry. or the famous "Something is better then nothing" You carry a little small capacity, hard to hold low power caliber gun as if it is a magic Talisman that will magically help you win the fight of your life. Don't fool yourselves that you making a choice based on anything else...'

Then when challenged or questioned on your choice, you pull the "Hey, The chance of needing it is low anyhow, so it makes little difference what I'm carrying, and then you loop back around to "It's better then nothing"

I hope none of you have to ever find out the hard way, and chances are, you won't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop feeding trolls and they go away. The stupid was strong with that one.

All pistols suck at stopping threats. Carry a rifle or don't carry at all.

But yeah, anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knows that carrying anything IS better than carrying nothing.

ETA- if you disagree with that statement then tell me HONESTLY, if you don't comprehend the "something is better than nothing" logic, then you would prefer to enter a gunfight unarmed vs with a Glock 43?
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Most guys here have little girl hands and can not grip a double stack.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

But yeah, anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knows that carrying anything IS better than carrying nothing.

ETA- if you disagree with that statement then tell me HONESTLY, if you don't comprehend the "something is better than nothing" logic, then you would prefer to enter a gunfight unarmed vs with a Glock 43?
View Quote
Since the odds are so low that I would need one, why should I waste the time to carry something of little value. If carrying is a worth while endeavor, Shouldn't I carry something (In the Pistol world)that would give me the best chance to come out on top?

Why would I carry something that I can barely get a decent grip on, with sights that in many cases are useless, with a trigger  that is going to make getting good hits on a target past 10-15 yds extremely difficult, and limits my magazine capacity if I have to engage multiple attackers.

So what the "Better then nothing crowd" is wanting to believe, is that
A. I won't likely need it, so anything is good.

B. On the off chance I do, Hopefully the scenario that plays out, will be one attacker, at very close range.

C. That you will be able to stop him with what ever ammo you have in the gun and will not have to do a reload (If you get the time to dig around your pocket to get out  this tiny little magazine and actually do a reload in a decent amount of time, and get the gun back into the fight.

All this, while the attacker gives you ample time and does nothing to attempt to defeat you.... Yeah, good luck.

In the end, those of you who chose to carry a small little pistol in your pocket are going to continue to do so, and will in all likely hood never have to regret that choice, since were all making our choices, I will choose the opposite and live with my choice... good luck to all.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is a discussion forum on firearms, the fact that you disagree with someone is part of that discussion, I could easily tell you that you are retarded and that you should stop.
View Quote
Telling people on here that have been carrying CCW for years they don't have enough magical made up number of bullets in their pistol so stop carrying is beyond being reasonable and retarded. I guess I could be more subtle but why bother. I don't think you will find one person on here that agrees with you but you're welcome to find out.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Does this P30 make me look fat?

Link Posted: 6/23/2018 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#16]
No, not at all.

Your fat makes you look fat
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yep the videos of flash mobs of rich and vibrant teens tearing up convenience stores convinced me of this.
View Quote
When the first shot goes off, they'll scatter like cockroaches.

I wouldn't completely depend on that, but it is almost always the truth.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yeah, I know you’re little single stack 9mm or .380 is lighter and conceals better and all that.

But face it, when you’ve got 15+1 and at least one reload on the belt, you don’t feel as undergunned.

Don’t give me any of that .45acp talk, neither.
View Quote
Fuck a pansy Euro-fag 9mm! I'll stick with strictly American cartridges, thank you, all of which begin with a '4'!  

Who needs doublestack unless you plan to miss a lot???
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What if i can only carry 10rds
View Quote
Carry more mags then.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Since the odds are so low that I would need one, why should I waste the time to carry something of little value. If carrying is a worth while endeavor, Shouldn't I carry something (In the Pistol world)that would give me the best chance to come out on top?

Why would I carry something that I can barely get a decent grip on, with sights that in many cases are useless, with a trigger  that is going to make getting good hits on a target past 10-15 yds extremely difficult, and limits my magazine capacity if I have to engage multiple attackers.

B. On the off chance I do, Hopefully the scenario that plays out, will be one attacker, at very close range.

C. That you will be able to stop him with what ever ammo you have in the gun and will not have to do a reload (If you get the time to dig around your pocket to get out  this tiny little magazine and actually do a reload in a decent amount of time, and get the gun back into the fight.

All this, while the attacker gives you ample time and does nothing to attempt to defeat you.... Yeah, good luck.

In the end, those of you who chose to carry a small little pistol in your pocket are going to continue to do so, and will in all likely hood never have to regret that choice, since were all making our choices, I will choose the opposite and live with my choice... good luck to all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You didn't answer my question.

Oh and the days of useless sights on small guns are over. See the Glock 43, Kahr, et Al.

Your argument is weak.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yeah, I know you’re little single stack 9mm or .380 is lighter and conceals better and all that.

But face it, when you’ve got 15+1 and at least one reload on the belt, you don’t feel as undergunned.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

FN FiveSeven laughs at your 15+1
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck a pansy Euro-fag 9mm! I'll stick with strictly American cartridges, thank you, all of which begin with a '4'!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who gets to choreograph their gun fight ?  To say nothing of how much ammo they will need before a reload ?
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Why not a 2011?
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Who gets to choreograph their gun fight ?  To say nothing of how much ammo they will need before a reload ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you not? That's why I gain valuable skills that 'won't get me killed on the street™' at USPSA every weekend.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I would just prefer to carry a gun that’s comfortable to carry and one that I practice and become proficient with. My G43 fits my hands and so does my G19. Other than that, practice with what you carry.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I have various guns for various situations.  From airweights to CZ SP01 and FNP 45

Also, clothing and concealability come into play.

The FNP is my usual vehicle gun, while I have something else on me.

I am digging my 12+1 M&P 9c.  Doing some upgrades to it. Sights, trigger...  Mostly for fun.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I carry a double stacked 9mm, with a reload.

Just got back from the range today, after practicing my 2 shots to the guts, 1 to head drill....  I feel quite confident in my abilities shooting wise.

That said, I have carried a 9-shot LC9S in the past but always with a reload handy.

Always carry a spare magazine.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have little girl hands, and I can grip a double stack just fine. I just can’t conceal it.

Little girl hand:

Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have little girl hands, and I can grip a double stack just fine. I just can’t conceal it.

Little girl hand:

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/Anahaimayna/Other/image-11.jpg
View Quote
You may need some more zinc in your diet.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Ak is what you seek
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Why?

When you shoot at one of them, they all run away.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have various guns for various situations.  From airweights to CZ SP01 and FNP 45

I am digging my 12+1 M&P 9c.  Doing some upgrades to it. Sights, trigger...  Mostly for fun.
View Quote
This right here.  If I'm just running to my local small town IGA  in a town of 8000 people then I grab my 642 and shove it in my pocket and off I go.  Im not likely to run into a threat needing more than that... Now, If I'm meeting someone for an armslist or craigslist buy then my CZ 75 and 2 reloads are coming along.  I have multiple carry setups for multiple situations.

Saying that, I mostly carry a glock 26 (10+1)with a 12 round reload.  If I had to have only one carry gun it would be something akin to a g26, sig 365, or FNS sub compact.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I always thought the 1.0 M&Pc was a good design. 12 rounds in a package barely larger than a G26. I always outfitted my M&Ps with Apex. It made for a great shooting experience. Too bad the full-size suffered from accuracy issues. The compact was tight. I wish they would have found a way to squeeze at least one more round of 9mm in the magazine with the pinky rest. They really could have gone the extra mile and designed a baseplate that allowed for more capacity.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I always thought the 1.0 M&Pc was a good design. 12 rounds in a package barely larger than a G26. I always outfitted my M&Ps with Apex. It made for a great shooting experience. Too bad the full-size suffered from accuracy issues. The compact was tight. I wish they would have found a way to squeeze at least one more round of 9mm in the magazine with the pinky rest. They really could have gone the extra mile and designed a baseplate that allowed for more capacity.
View Quote
Yeah, no aftermarket either.  (That don't look like blocky AIDS.)

There is this, the X Grip that takes a full-size mag.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Blackhawk's caliber starts with a '4', so it's cool...
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Little girl hand:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Little girl hand:

I just found it strange that he knows the size of most guys’ hands here. Kind of creepy if you figure how he would have had to find that out.

But I suppose OP and “1BigDog” know what’s best for all of us better than we do.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I am one of only a couple people that are approved to carry in our church.  I can't afford to have the grip of my CZ SP-01 heavily printing while I walk to the front and read scripture during worship service.  My j frame would be fine for a quick run to the corner, but seems lacking for Sunday morning.

I now exclusively EDC my CZ RAMI BD in 9mm for consistency.  I carry with the 10 rd magazine for concealment with the 14 round spare.  Although I'm not likely to need 25 rounds in "my gun fight", I like having it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Lately I have been carrying the G19/4 when I can IWB. When that does not work a Kahr PM9 w/ N/S in the front pocket holstered with a reload handy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Just keep a Kel-Tec rifle or AR pistol strapped under your coat and you can always tape steel plates to your back.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I only need to defend myself not fight a war. Most are not going to give me much trouble after two shots..even if there more than one. Statistics are on my side.
View Quote
Situations which are statistical outliers don't seem important until you find yourself in one. Remember, even needing a firearm as a private citizen is a statistical outlier.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
In all seriousness, I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 11:37:15 PM EDT
[#42]
I was carrying a G19, but now I'm carrying a G29 with +2 extensions to hold 12 rounds of Buffalo Bore.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#43]
My philosophy is that first shot matters and each shot after that has decreasing value until and if you get lucky.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Funny, that's exactly what I thought about your retarded post 2004. LOL

Practice more so you won't need 3 clips of ammo...still can't think of any AK scenario where pretty much any pistol wins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for your stupid contribution 2017. Maybe you would benefit from more reading and learning than posting?
Funny, that's exactly what I thought about your retarded post 2004. LOL

Practice more so you won't need 3 clips of ammo...still can't think of any AK scenario where pretty much any pistol wins.
Damn, you carry your reloads in clips??????????????????????????????????????

Just for clarity, I think OP is FOS for telling others what they "should" do.  That's BS.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Damn, you carry your reloads in clips??????????????????????????????????????
View Quote
Clips give me more ammo than mags... mybad!
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#46]
My pistol is on me so i can retreat to my rifle in my truck.  At least thats the "plan".  Once at the rifle reassess the situation of flight or flight from there.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#47]
If we're gonna play that game let's whip out the PMR-30.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
.454 Casull or nothing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#49]
I never leave the house ( including yard work) without a G19 and a spare mag of 147 hst. It’s what works for me and what I’m comfortable with. Might not work for others. Not up to me to tell others what to do...isn’t that why we aren’t leftists?

Quoted:
Glock 19 G4 15+1, and a spare 17rd off side, loaded with 147gr Winchester Ranger-T

Pays to have Law Enforcement discounts in the family, $0.55/round shipped is too sweet to pass up on a round that opens up to .65" or more.
View Quote
All day everyday for .40cents a round...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#50]
A G19 is my EDC, but the Sheild got some love yesterday.

I forgot how much better it is to carry a single stack.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top