Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#1]
. . . The targets, which Kiselyov described as U.S. presidential or military command centers, also included Fort Ritchie, a military training center in Maryland closed in 1998, McClellan, a U.S. Air Force base in California closed in 2001, and Jim Creek, a naval communications transmitter in Washington state.

Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That word "Hypersonic"... I don't think it means what you think it means (Putin)!

It really bugs me that people don't seem to know that an ICBM is by definition "hypersonic". 16,000 MPH bro... do you even math?!?

We should send some to him. Arm them with MIRDs... Multiple Independent Reentry Dildos.
View Quote
True, but it's not pedantics.  High Q delivery systems might be a better way of thinking about it.  Higher speeds, lower altitudes, less warning, lower probability of detection and intercept.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Eh, as long as they hit NYC, NJ, most of the New England and California, I'm actually okay with it.
View Quote
Used to be a time when comments can like that got you banned from the Site immediately.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Come back when you understand how a nuclear war actually works.
View Quote
Joke, bro. Not a Dr. Strangelove fan I see.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@FNBrowning

You really have a nuclear emergency response kit? What does that entail?
View Quote
A personally made copy of the highly regarded Ludlum kit, with a Survey Meter, high range GM detector, external pancake G-M probe, and a scintillation probe. With a cesium check source, and Pelican case.  It also had an alarming Polimaster Gamma Detector Dosimeter, but the Ukrainian POS developed an internal short, and I don't have the $$$$ to replace it at the current time.

Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Half of GD will be like the line of an old song. "I don't worry about getting bombed, 'cause I'm usually bombed anyway."   Fuck it, i lived under the threat of this bullshit my whole life, and I'm not about to worry about it now.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Used to be a time when comments can like that got you banned from the Site immediately.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eh, as long as they hit NYC, NJ, most of the New England and California, I'm actually okay with it.
Was that before the Site moved to Texas?
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would be really curious to know how many missiles the Russians have that are actually capable of making it off the ground.

Their recent naval and air issues leads me to think they have an equal chance of nuking themselves versus nuking us.
View Quote
That just gives the bookmakers in Vegas something interesting to bet over.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Commies being Commies...  Another item for the AM trashcan...
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
True, but it's not pedantics.  High Q delivery systems might be a better way of thinking about it.  Higher speeds, lower altitudes, less warning, lower probability of detection and intercept.  
View Quote
Most definitely. It's just one of my pet peeves. I'd really rather not find out if the AN/SPY-1 (or its' successors or software) can track inbound targets that can jink or that require scramjets and fly 15 feet off the deck.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
That’s some fucked up thinking.
Or actually a lack of thinking.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I have lived in Norfolk VA and Va Beach for most of my adult life I always figured if it ever went off I would be dead before I knew it,  Now that I live a bit further west I may live a few weeks longer.  Nothing I can do about it either way.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#15]
List of Targets in Russia:  475 kt to Putin's cell phone signal.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No shit. Article says but doesn't include a list. What kind of half assed reporting is that?
View Quote
It's called propaganda.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I expect crude threats like that from Iran or North Korea, but somehow I thought the Russians of today were a bit more sophisticated.

Not sure why. I suppose they've always been cavemen.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This is what real Russian interference in our elections would look like.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#19]

is it bad if I wonder how much would they charge us to take out Portland, Seattle, SF, LA, NYC, and Chicago while they are at it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A personally made copy of the highly regarded Ludlum kit, with a Survey Meter, high range GM detector, external pancake G-M probe, and a scintillation probe. With a cesium check source, and Pelican case.  It also had an alarming Polimaster Gamma Detector Dosimeter, but the Ukrainian POS developed an internal short, and I don'g have the $$$$ to replace it at the current time.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7849/47210623151_f56326eb36.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@FNBrowning

You really have a nuclear emergency response kit? What does that entail?
A personally made copy of the highly regarded Ludlum kit, with a Survey Meter, high range GM detector, external pancake G-M probe, and a scintillation probe. With a cesium check source, and Pelican case.  It also had an alarming Polimaster Gamma Detector Dosimeter, but the Ukrainian POS developed an internal short, and I don'g have the $$$$ to replace it at the current time.

Wow that's awesome thanks for sharing. Now let's just hope you never have to use it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/hDrTRHql.jpg

is it bad if I wonder how much would they charge us to take out Portland, Seattle, SF, LA, NYC, and Chicago while they are at it?
View Quote
I know in Or its Portland, eugene and K falls on the target list.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Disappoint that the full list isn't in the thread. I can't seem to find it online. Anyone able to find it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Russian graphics look like something from a 1980s James Bond movie.

Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/hDrTRHql.jpg

View Quote
No Texas, don't worry guys when the inevitable fractional war occurs we can do the gun running for you fellas.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#25]
oh for fuck sake, anyone old enough to remember the cold war has heard all this BS before. Only difference is we thought they were actually competent
enough to pull it off and that their shit might really work  
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not saying we won't get our hair mussed, but... 30 million dead Democrats tops.
Are you saying George C Scott is wrong?

Heresy!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Classy
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Russia. China. Norks.

When we're having positive interactions with one, the other two start trouble.

Hmmm, it's almost like they're acting in concert or something...
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
New York, Boston, Denver and Los Angels aren't included. See map at link:

https://www.businessinsider.com/likely-us-nuclear-targets-2017-5

I join FNBrowning in not wanting a nuclear war.  Does anyone seriously believe that the missile defense system would be used to protect the general population?
View Quote
I am right in the bullseye @Malmstrom,I guess I won't be joining you guys at your Red Dawn Party
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not saying we won't get our hair mussed, but... 30 million dead Democrats tops.
I don't know him, but I can tell from his posts that:
1)  He does understand how Nuculur Combat actually works.
2)  Knows the strategic importance of Mine Shafts.
3)  Knows the layout of the War Room.
4)  Has seen pictures of the Big Board.

and likely keeps on hand:
1)  One 45 caliber automatic.
2)  Two boxes of ammunishun.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Never happen. It would fix too many of our problems if he took out DC and Massatwoshits.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Ukraine needs to hire one of those guys from that car repo show to repossess their nukes.

Probably guarded by a bunch of drunken, teenaged, malnourished, fetal alcohol syndrome, slave conscript catamites.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
. . . The targets, which Kiselyov described as U.S. presidential or military command centers, also included Fort Ritchie, a military training center in Maryland closed in 1998, McClellan, a U.S. Air Force base in California closed in 2001, and Jim Creek, a naval communications transmitter in Washington state.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/X3DQ0d9QJVEpa/giphy.gif
View Quote
Reminds me of the scene from "Canadian Bacon" where Rip Torn as General Panzer is going through the slides of potential patsy's to start a "2nd Cold War" with and its Mao (dead), Noriega(dead), Jane Fonda(she's reformed and looking great),  etc and Alan Alda says "What, are you  guys working from an old list?"" I'm surprised you left the killer bees off the list"

It is the ONLY movie of Michael Moore's I will admit to liking (and owning) Its early 1990's, before MM thought people gave a shit about what he thought.

One of the best lines from this movie and top 50 ever:

President: "What about terrorists"
Rip Torn: "Sir, we're not going to re-open defense plants to fight guys running around blowing up rental cars"

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0109370/
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#34]
That... really isn't anything new.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I wish we could use this banter of theirs to justify a preemptive strike and end this garbage once and for all.  We saved them from Hitler and they repay us with 74 years of hollow threats.  3/4 of a century of saber rattling, grow a pair and pull their punk card already.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How often are the nuclear missiles checked versus the missiles used to launch into space? I assume anything mechanical needs periodic upkeep including the warheads?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would be really curious to know how many missiles the Russians have that are actually capable of making it off the ground.

Their recent naval and air issues leads me to think they have an equal chance of nuking themselves versus nuking us.
And, yet, we trust and use their missiles to ferry our astronauts to the international space station.
How often are the nuclear missiles checked versus the missiles used to launch into space? I assume anything mechanical needs periodic upkeep including the warheads?
I was being slightly sarcastic, but, that is a good point.  We shouldn't underestimate their missile technology, and likewise, we shouldn't overestimate their maintenance discipline.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
oh for fuck sake, anyone old enough to remember the cold war has heard all this BS before. Only difference is we thought they were actually competent
enough to pull it off and that their shit might really work  
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I know russia say's they've launched these things "up to mach 8"

but is there even any proof of this?
View Quote
Yes, the proof is right there beside the collusion.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A personally made copy of the highly regarded Ludlum kit, with a Survey Meter, high range GM detector, external pancake G-M probe, and a scintillation probe. With a cesium check source, and Pelican case.  It also had an alarming Polimaster Gamma Detector Dosimeter, but the Ukrainian POS developed an internal short, and I don't have the $$$$ to replace it at the current time.

View Quote
I have two broken Ludlums in my office.  You may want to update that unit.

D cells leak often.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The Pentagon is a target?  What a surprise!!  
View Quote
What's is more interesting, in a recent article in Eye Spy magazine, the Russians specifically targeted a small building in the center of the Pentagon since it was determined to have high amounts of pedestrian traffic at almost regular (predictable) intervals.

What they suspected to be a secret meeting room, due to the traffic, turned out to be a hotdog stand. Yes the Russians targeted a hotdog stand.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The Russkies have exponentially more than 4 US sites on their nuwep target lists.
View Quote
They have all 57 states targeted?
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Here you go,watching this repeatedly will have to tide you over until NY gets nuked.

9-11 crash different camera angles!

WTF is wrong with some of you
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#43]
If only we had a National Command Authority that could assure the destruction of Russia following such an attack.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Instead of duck and cover drills we should have point and laugh drills.

Most of their rockets are still 1950's tech complete with cloth covered wires that has been sitting in damp unheated silos for 60 plus years. I'm betting most of their missiles are akin to some of GD moving out of parents basements and will fail to launch.

Hell 1960's era transistors would be a huge step for much of their missile electronics. They like the Chinese are just now figuring out how to make modern cars for Christs sake. When the captured slave German scientists died, their missile and jet tech died.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Instead of duck and cover drills we should have point and laugh drills.

Most of their rockets are still 1950's tech complete with cloth covered wires that has been sitting in damp unheated silos for 60 plus years. I'm betting most of their missiles are akin to some of GD moving out of parents basements and will fail to launch.

Hell 1960's era transistors would be a huge step for much of their missile electronics. They like the Chinese are just now figuring out how to make modern cars for Christs sake. When the captured slave German scientists died, their missile and jet tech died.
View Quote
I think history has passed you by.  The Russians are not as backwards as you imagine.  FWIW their rocket tech is reliable enough that NASA trusts them to ferry our astronauts.

Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
How is their aircraft carrier doing these days?
View Quote
I hear it's for sale. Cheap.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
So we are not Americans? I am sick of this shit. It's not funny.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What's is more interesting, in a recent article in Eye Spy magazine, the Russians specifically targeted a small building in the center of the Pentagon since it was determined to have high amounts of pedestrian traffic at almost regular (predictable) intervals.

What they suspected to be a secret meeting room, due to the traffic, turned out to be a hotdog stand. Yes the Russians targeted a hotdog stand.
View Quote
and the hotdogs were pretty good. Sucked when they closed the best buy though...
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#49]
"“For now, we’re not threatening anyone, but if such a deployment takes place, our response will be instant,” he said."

One lying, disgusting specimen for a human being. Of course he's threatening us. He's making an obscene, direct threat with the arrogant gall that even lists targeted areas. Screw the Russians.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Fake, everyone knows  -"Russian Collusion". Putin is covering for Bad Orange Man. (Sarcasm off)
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top