[#1]
page 2 is mine
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
*unless you're China
View Quote
Lol! FPNI. They literally violate all of those to the extreme but Amazon loves that sweet sweet Chinese cheddar
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Isn't amazon the host of this website?
View Quote
Yup so watch what you say
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Maybe this site should list their positions?
View Quote
Subtle but effective sir.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I see Amazon made no comment on the rights of Bondage seeking individuals.  This is an outrage. I'll bet they don't even support universal pain tolerance affirming surgery.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Places allowing counterfeit items to be sold should be penalized just as harshly.  Looking right back at you Amazon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Counterfeiters should receive stronger penalties under federal law.
Places allowing counterfeit items to be sold should be penalized just as harshly.  Looking right back at you Amazon.
Same with their consumer privacy stuff while listening to everything you say and do.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Fucking activist industrialists are the real fascists.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#8]
punish counterfeiters?

Half of Amazon's shit IS counterfeit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone have a good substitute for amazon online? I’d be happy to not use them, but the selection, prices and ease sure makes it hard.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah that's great. Now stop talking and send my money to SAF.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Its.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a good substitute for amazon online? I’d be happy to not use them, but the selection, prices and ease sure makes it hard.
View Quote
Ebay is the closest I have seen. Assuming you have an aversion to warranty service for your purchases.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Big business loves big government, always has, always will.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks about like the "Values" of any modern corporate entity in America today. Most of them aren't Hobby Lobby.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you had 300 billion and literally all options were available to you, you wouldn't be so judgemental. It's easy to be faithful without women throwing themselves at you 24/7
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not cheating on your wife is conspicuously absent
If you had 300 billion and literally all options were available to you, you wouldn't be so judgemental. It's easy to be faithful without women throwing themselves at you 24/7
Huh, I have women throwing themselves at me all the time and somehow I manage to stay faithful to my wife, seriously hot bitches too, not the fat bitches and trannys y'all love so much around here, real, honest to goodness hot women.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Only the boot lickers would exist here if they did that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Man, Kaczynski was right
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's mighty nice of the  to call for higher minimum wage once they achieved market dominance.   Amazon can eat the 15 an hour.  You local grocery or hardware store can not.

Guess the right thing to do is to support amazon.

As for the copy rights and global warming points.  They could just as easily prohibit any goods made in china from being sold in their market place like they did with gun parts.

Lol support tranny and immigrant rights while selling products manfactured  by slave labor.
View Quote
The ironing is thick with that statement since they’ve recently been found to be knocking off allbirds wool sneakers which are made with all renewable materials, with cheap chinese made copies.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Again, fuck Amazon. I don't buy anything from them anymore. Ever.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Federal law against counterfitters. Push it off on the government while you shovel out the crap by the ton hourly.
View Quote
Good point.  It's safer to sell fake stuff for real money than make fake money to buy real stuff.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hmmm. Got me thinking.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Hahaaha!
Minimum wage should be higher, as we work tirelessly to automate everything and eliminate human labor!
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why can’t companies just sell shit?  Why do they have to be all political and commie?
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
FPNI

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
*unless you're China
FPNI

First Post Nails China

Fuck China
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like a bunch of corporate doublespeak.  Amazon was a great business idea and they do a good job of delivering products to customers quickly but they should shut up and stay out of politics.  A lot of things in the list below are great ways for a big business to use the power of government to hurt smaller competitors.

Quoted:
https://www.aboutamazon.com/our-company/our-positions

The federal minimum wage in the U.S. is too low and should be raised Amazon plans to have almost their entire business automated so they would love to raise the cost of business for their competition

Human-induced climate change is real, serious, and action is needed from the public and private sectors Are they going to do away with all the amazon trucks delivering products to their customers?

The energy industry should have access to the same technologies as other industries.  I don't know what they mean by this.  Is there a law that says "The energy industry is not allowed to use computers"?

Diversity and inclusion are good for business—and more fundamentally—simply right.12/50+ or whatever the numbers are this year

The rights of LGBTQ+ people must be protected  There are no laws in this country against being homosexual, bisexual, or any other variation.  Now, if we bring in enough moslems that might change.

We strongly support the rights of immigrants and immigration reform  I think this is leftist code words for "There shouldn't be a border around the United States" but it is difficult to say for sure because they are purposely confusing the term "immigrants" with the term "illegal aliens."

Governments should work quickly to put in place a regulatory framework for facial recognition technology.  Any particular reason, other than it will make it easier for the government when the time comes for mass murder in this country?

Counterfeiters should receive stronger penalties under federal law.  Unless the government or central banks are doing it.  Then they call it QE or some other term which makes it ok.

Consumer data privacy should be protected under federal law.What laws would amazon propose to protect consumer's data from amazon?

Corporate tax codes should incentivize investment in the economy and job creation  What kind of incentives are you talking about?  Raising the minimum wage is an incentive for investment.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm trying to find ways to hate these 4. I'm pretty sure I can see how #4 can backfire, but the first three don't seem bad at 0052.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The energy industry should have access to the same technologies as other industries.

Consumer data privacy should be protected under federal law.

Corporate tax codes should incentivize investment in the economy and job creation
I'm trying to find ways to hate these 4. I'm pretty sure I can see how #4 can backfire, but the first three don't seem bad at 0052.
Number two is in their own self interest.

Number 3 is just lol, with all the voluntary Alexa type spying.

Number 4 is also lol because this company doesn't pay corporate tax. You can't skeet around a tax as a multi billion dollar company and have a damn thing to say about what tax money should do.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
i thought since arfcom is on an amazon server. they are one and the same positions or they will be.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
You’re one of those want to watch the world burn kind of guys, aren’t you?
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Asking that question will get your account locked.

Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Dear Amazon, you can get fucked.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Yet 87% of the folks here buy shit from Amazon
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#33]
NO GUN CONTROL ACTIVISM.  

Anybody notice that?
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Then why don't they raise their pay? Fucking retards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The federal minimum wage in the U.S. is too low and should be raised

Human-induced climate change is real, serious, and action is needed from the public and private sectors

The energy industry should have access to the same technologies as other industries.

Diversity and inclusion are good for businessand more fundamentallysimply right.

The rights of LGBTQ+ people must be protected

We strongly support the rights of immigrants and immigration reform

Governments should work quickly to put in place a regulatory framework for facial recognition technology.

Corporate tax codes should incentivize investment in the economy and job creation
Higher minimum wage would kill any startups that would possibly compete.  Its a ploy to be a 'legal' monopoly
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Typical globalist bullshit.
View Quote
Sadly you are very correct.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
I believe this site is hosted by AWS. So you're giving them money.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#37]
All those cardboard boxes they are using that don't get recycled are killing the environment.

I think we need to pass a law requiring them to take all those boxes back free of charge after shipping for recycling.

Time to start a youtube campaign, Why Amazon is killing the Amazon Rain Forest.

Oh and all those delivery trucks not being electric, is also killing the environment.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
NO GUN CONTROL ACTIVISM.  

Anybody notice that?
View Quote
Doesn’t matter...the rest if the list is straight out of the commie/leftist playbook.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter...the rest if the list is straight out of the commie/leftist playbook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NO GUN CONTROL ACTIVISM.  

Anybody notice that?
Doesn't matter...the rest if the list is straight out of the commie/leftist playbook.
I agree.  Not suggesting you should bow to them.  But given their agenda here, maybe we should all be happy this is one company less we seemingly have to fight on the issue???

I kinda think it does matter they aren't announcing the hill they want to die on is gun control.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Human-induced climate change is real, serious, and action is needed from the public and private sectors

Diversity and inclusion are good for business—and more fundamentally—simply right.

Governments should work quickly to put in place a regulatory framework for facial recognition technology.

View Quote
Diversity and inclusion have no business in business.  The most qualified person should be hired regardless of sex, age, ethnicity, gender, orientation, etc.

Hiring people based on anything other than qualifications is retarded.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#41]
If Amazon really cared they would stop doing business with China but that would kill their entire business model, and the wealthiest man on the planet would no longer be the wealthiest and he is not going to get on board for that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#42]
...The energy industry should have access to the same technologies as other industries...
View Quote
As heavily subsidized as solar, wind, and geothermal are?

Hey, Amazon!
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
no gun control?  good to see.
View Quote
That’s what I fully expected to see when clicking on this thread.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
and companies that facilitate counterfeit items on their site should be broken up?

Quoted:
View Quote
Check out buying directly from the merchant. I got a better price for a CDI torque wrench from CDI than from the amazon choices.

And didn't pay sales tax.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Diversity and inclusion are good for businessand more fundamentallysimply right.

Listen here peasant, you just keep buying our crap and don't question what we tell you the truth is!

Even better would be the basic rights of workers, which they happen to not mention, in having a stable work situation.  Such as having a job with the company they work for that is permanent and long-term, rather than being a cloud of temps whose hours get cut on a whim to trim the herd.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I agree.  Not suggesting you should bow to them.  But given their agenda here, maybe we should all be happy this is one company less we seemingly have to fight on the issue???

I kinda think it does matter they aren't announcing the hill they want to die on is gun control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NO GUN CONTROL ACTIVISM.  

Anybody notice that?

Very true....It is a topic people vote with their feet over.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Honestly not everything there was bad.

Sure they had one or two, but a lot are also good.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Now lets see their position on China?

I bet it is the complete opposite.
View Quote
Without China dollars, I doubt these companies would be so willing to go political & potentially flip off a big portion of their American customers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Amazon use to have good discounted prices. But to a large extent their prices are no better than from the manufacturer’s site or other retailers. And many retailers now do free shipping with $50 orders. I have shifted about half my online shopping to more reliable (non counterfeit) retailers. Rock Auto is much better for auto parts. Dltrading is better for knives.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top