Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He was doing presentation drills while taking a dump.  Screws up and squeezed the trigger while trying to push one out.
View Quote

I bet after the gun went off there was a secondary explosion into the bowl.......
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

IMO, just making the trigger guard wider would decrease these instances.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trigger guard width is to thin on those guns.

IMO, just making the trigger guard wider would decrease these instances.

Or put the little dingus thing on the trigger like everyone else, it appears to actually work.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Everything you wrote, but especially the bold part is why I ignore most of these threads.

Please tell me more about the pictures pistol with the comp. It's making my pants tight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just going to copy and paste this reply of mine from the last 320 thread that I was in...

It would be nice if people could rub two brain cells together and think about this without emotion because their gun didn't win a .mil trial.

The 320 Pro (no safety) has been issued at an SMU for ~ 5 years and used in various configurations. If you know anything about how they select weapons, they don't issue shit because it is new or "cool". No one else in the world has the budget to test weapons as extensively as they do and they have to meet pretty stringent requirements.

Now, think about what they subject their pistols to. They are in and out of vehicles, helicopters, cruising around in SxS, riding dirt bikes and banging them on all kinds of shit. Do you think that command would issue a pistol that "just goes off" and risk injuring guys that they have invested millions of dollars in? Do you think they will risk a mission that is handed down from the highest levels of the government over a pistol that is faulty? How about doing an offset infil where they hike in for miles and a guy takes a fall and his gun "just goes off" compromising his team and the operation over a pistol? Yeah, it isn't happening. If the pistols "just went off" they would have discovered it by now and shit canned them.

What the guys at that level are, and 87% of cops aren't? Pros. I have said it many times here, that equipment management is an issue and the vast majority of cops suck at it. Most don't give a shit about their gear, guns, if a jacket pull is hanging or a piece of gear that they don't need is impeding their draw etc. It is a constant battle trying to get people squared away.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_5256_png-3115703.JPG

Remember the JTF-2 investigation from 4-5 years ago that "the gun just went off"? It was discovered the operator was using a holster that wasn't made for the 320?  Yeah well, they are issued them now with good success.

https://i.imgur.com/86nFErW.jpeg
Everything you wrote, but especially the bold part is why I ignore most of these threads.

Please tell me more about the pictures pistol with the comp. It's making my pants tight.

It is a DEVGRU operators issued pistol. They obviously take advantage of the modularity of the 320. The still/photo was part of a massive "JSOC leak" a few months ago.

Despite what a few naysayers post here, the modularity of the platform is used often. For example this SF guys 320 at the end of this video.

Shake Down: Green Beret Assault Kit
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]

So what out of the safety measures is failing?

People are unintentionally pulling the trigger. The human in the loop.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
pit bulls of the gun world
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The resale value on these has to be rivaling the P250 for worst SIG ever.
View Quote

I've got 2 of em I cannot get anyone to buy
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How come no P320 sitting in a safe has ever fired by itself? It's always when a human has a hand on it. Strange.
View Quote

A Sig at rest stays at rest. Hard to generate the inertia needed for it to fire  sitting in a safe.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A Sig at rest stays at rest. Hard to generate the inertia needed for it to fire  sitting in a safe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How come no P320 sitting in a safe has ever fired by itself? It's always when a human has a hand on it. Strange.

What about jumping out helicopters, riding dirt bikes, SxS etc? Is that not enough inertia?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPKMu47uWXQ

View Quote
IF it's actually a gun failure, I would think it would have to be some kind of severe tolerance stacking or combination of out of spec parts.  Otherwise I think we'd already have evidence of multiple catastrophic parts breakages that would cause it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What about jumping out helicopters, riding dirt bikes, SxS etc? Is that not enough inertia?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would depend on if it’s an early civilian version, a military version, a manual safety version, or a post voluntary upgrade version

The dangerous ones are the early civilian guns lacking a manual safety
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
IF it's actually a gun failure, I would think it would have to be some kind of severe tolerance stacking or combination of out of spec parts.  Otherwise I think we'd already have evidence of multiple catastrophic parts breakages that would cause it.
View Quote

Or people pulling or interacting with the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It would depend on if it’s an early civilian version, a military version, a manual safety version, or a post voluntary upgrade version

View Quote

For the 87th time. The USAF security forces do not use the safety.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does that have to do with anything I wrote?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's why I said "IF"
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We have several members that have a 320 stored in their vehicle. That's a much better indicator since it's being constantly jostled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have several members that have a 320 stored in their vehicle. That's a much better indicator since it's being constantly jostled.

Wasn't there a guy who put a Glock in his glove box and it blew a hole in his dash?

Foreign object in the trigger guard does that.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nothing
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're talking about the very early civi version from 7+ years ago that SIG did the upgrade thing to?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So you're talking about the very early civi version from 7+ years ago that SIG did the upgrade thing to?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig offered to “upgrade” them. Only Sig knows how many thousands remain out there still subject to firing if dropped or struck
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#19]
always some fucking cop, never from regular citizens...
this is a cop is a retard issue, NOT a sig p320 problem

if, and big if it is p320, most likely the Dept never did sigs upgrade and recall... which they only admit to like 5 years later in court under oath
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

if, and big if it is p320, most likely the Dept never did sigs upgrade and recall... which they only admit to like 5 years later in court under oath
View Quote

There was no recall
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:  Sig is the Boeing of firearms.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:  If these P320’s are that unstable why hasn’t every agency yanked them?
View Quote
As long as the big guy gets his 10% the P320s remain .
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPKMu47uWXQ

People are unintentionally pulling the trigger. The human in the loop.
View Quote

People are pulling the trigger on holstered pistols that are dropped? Stop carrying water for Sig.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:  Arfcom assured me the gun is perfectly safe and it must be the owner making a mistake.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Of course, that’s what’s happening in some instances. But not all.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because you posited the manual safety which isn’t even used by a service that carries and employs them.

I personally know a USAF Security Forces member who has had to use his. He didn’t miss.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:  Because they are safe.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There was no recall
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was no recall

SIG said if you have one between X serial number range send it in and we will fix it. That was for 320's made before August of 2017. 7 years ago.

That's a hell of a lot more than Glock did with their pile of shit G22's kabooming and 9mm's breaking slide rails off.

We get it bro, you don't care for the 320.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:  Not sure if this is cheap or not.  $350https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/305651
View Quote
That’s damn cheap .
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Feel free to demonstrate the failure and then sit the stand for every LEO who desk pops his 320.

The military isn’t having issues. The LEO community is.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then what's happening?

Why isn't this phenomenon happening to JSOC guys? Or SF guys carrying them? Or JTF-2?

I can go on and on. I know what the issues are and it isn't with the gun.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:Youth resource officer Frank Greenidge was using a staff bathroom and removed his department issued firearm from its holster when it unintentionally discharged  Mfer pulled the trigger [/img]
View Quote

How dare you !!  An LEO would never lie .  Why they are the pinnacle of honesty!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:  How come no P320 sitting in a safe has ever fired by itself? It's always when a human has a hand on it. Strange
View Quote

You keep loaded guns in your safe ?!?  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Has a mechanical issue ever been identified in any of these sigs just going off in their holsters?  

The guns are safe.

Put a dingus on the triggers and I bet it stops.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Feel free to demonstrate the failure and then sit the stand for every LEO who desk pops his 320.

The military isn’t having issues. The LEO community is.
View Quote

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/06/investigates/sig-sauer-p320-drop-fire/
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Has a mechanical issue ever been identified in any of these sigs just going off in their holsters?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No

Quoted:
Put a dingus on the triggers and I bet it stops.

Doubtful.

Cops have been NDing since forever. Doesn't matter if it is a DA revolver, Beretta 92 or a Glock with a dingus.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Did you read it? There's no physical proof the guy didn't pull the trigger just that it fell out of his truck and discharged and killed the other guy. They didn't even go into any detail how a P938 or that specific one was defective in a way that it had a ND when dropped. Big chuck of that suit is negligence against the owner too.

The foregoing assumes that Caleb Boutwell did not pull the trigger on the
pistol. That is what Caleb Boutwell told law enforcement officers immediately
after the incident occurred. One of two things is true: Either Caleb Boutwell did
not pull the trigger, in which event Sig Sauer is clearly liable, or Caleb Boutwell

did pull the trigger, in which event Caleb Boutwell is liable. It is also true that
even if the trigger was not pulled by Caleb Boutwell, he was nonetheless negligent,
as outlined in Count Five, below.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You keep loaded guns in your safe ?!?  /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/wow-727.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  How come no P320 sitting in a safe has ever fired by itself? It's always when a human has a hand on it. Strange

You keep loaded guns in your safe ?!?  /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/wow-727.gif

I keep one loaded in my nightstand. Still no big bada-boom.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I left my 320 on my bench down by the range and while I was pissing it shot a 99, cutting 6 X's from the 25.

I don't like that it goes off by itself like that but damn that thing can shoot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Glocks are widely issued to LE. Why are there no current reports of Glocks going off in holsters? Why only Sig?

Are the officers who are issued Glocks better trained on trigger discipline? Are the departments that issue Sigs less competent?
View Quote

Either you're young or have a terrible memory.

Funny how its always cops and if its not a cop its someone trying to be John Wick with multi cam
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Well no shit.

Guess what every 320 sold today is just like that and if someone has the older design that they haven't sent in then they are dumbasses.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Well no shit.

Guess what every 320 sold today is just like that and if someone has the older design that they haven't sent in then they are dumbasses.
View Quote
Why are they dumbasses?

SIG clearly states that those pistols are safe.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Funny, none of my sigs ever do stuff like that…
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:  Lotta dudes on here seem to love the dingus!dingus /ding'?s/
noun
1. Something whose name is unknown or forgotten.
2. A person regarded as stupid.
3. Something whose name is either unknown or forgotten; a thingamajig.
4. A fool or incompetent person ok.
5. Penis.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:  I've never seen, or been given a reason to like anything about 320's, quite the contrary, but if that cop had a Glock, FN, HK, SW, it still would have gone off.GayJay
View Quote

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top