User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CRSSBNS:

No I'm being serious lol
View Quote

have your husband/bf get a warm, damp sponge, and wipe it out for you sweetie. he gets extra credit if he then wipes it dry with a paper towel when he's finished. be sure to cook him a special dinner, after attending to this life-altering problem.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#2]
OP, I mean this in a nice way, but you are wound up way too tight lol.

Also, it’s water-soluble, so if you’re that worried, just wipe it all down with a wet rag a few times.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Toker_:
I would just a new house, just to be sure.
View Quote

Just.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#4]
What if your pal had residue on his hands and actually ingested some? You better have him go to the ER immediately.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I eat lunch in my combine or tractor when I am in the field and probably have diesel, ether, grease, hydraulic fluid residue on my hands.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#6]
This is why I'm not interested in owning rental property.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 2ANut:
Tiny amounts won't hurt you. The danger is it tastes sweet so it encourages kids/animals to consume enough to become toxic.

A quick Google search says LD50 (dosage that is lethal in 50% of cases) is about 7.6 ounces for an adult. That is about 2/3 of a 12-ounce soda.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, but I am not a lawyer nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
View Quote

Makes you wonder how this data was generated. Controlled experiments? By whom?
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Dibs on gun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Wipe it down with alcohol, an edible variety of course, I would chooze a light Rye myself.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By evofxdwg:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By evofxdwg:
Tiny amounts won't hurt you. The danger is it tastes sweet so it encourages kids/animals to consume enough to become toxic.

A quick Google search says LD50 (dosage that is lethal in 50% of cases) is about 7.6 ounces for an adult. That is about 2/3 of a 12-ounce soda.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, but I am not a lawyer nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Likely rat studies and use the human conversion calculation.

Also coolant has had bittering agents added since the 90’s, nothing is drinking it now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#11]
The antidote to antifreeze poisoning  is ethanol.

Thus if you pound two beers with what ever you microwave for the next month, you'll be fine.

Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:41:55 PM EDT
[#12]

I know its a minuscule amount thats in there, I'm more worried about the continued exposure to it, with it soaking into my food every time I cook it. I use the microwave about 2-3 times a day.
View All Quotes

A quick Google search says LD50 is about 7.6 ounces for an adult. That is about 2/3 of a 12-ounce soda.

I know its a minuscule amount thats in there, I'm more worried about the continued exposure to it, with it soaking into my food every time I cook it. I use the microwave about 2-3 times a day.

Stop being terrified of everything.   Anti-freeze is not Polonium.
Anti-freeze is not VX or any type of Nerve Agent.      

People breathe it in for Years, from leaking radiators.    

I’m not going to say “Don’t be a pussy”, but I will say, “Grow up and learn how to make Rational risk/benefit calculations.  Practice using Critical Thinking at all times”.   The more you do it, the easier it will become.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
What the fuck?

There's no way this isn't a troll post.
View Quote

Is this the same character who drives a motorcycle as a lifestyle choice, and always would post about his trials and tribulations in dating, or trying to find a date?  

If so, it could be an early itineration of SarahPlainandTall / TWP.  
Similar posting style, similar stories.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:54:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lighthammer72] [#14]
Take it outside and hit it with a pressure washer. You'll want to rig the door so you can spray inside while it's running.

But seriously, you'll probably be fine. I was eating after messing with a gun once and thought "why is this sweet?" I had some blue loctite on my finger and after googling to see if I was about to die I learned it has saccharine in it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#15]
We were pumping a couple thousand gallons of glycol into a HVAC system at a school we built when a 2 inch hose fitting blew apart. Me and a few others got soaked with that stuff. Everybody lived.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By hi_capacity:

Clicked on the link & received...
Last purchased Oct 23, 2023
Size: OLD 1.0 Cu. Ft
It works fine, wish I would have ordered one with a larger cooking chamber.
View Quote

The newer version has HD 8K microwaves.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:25:57 AM EDT
[#17]
So hand, to cell phone, to microwave food container to air contact, to microwave wall contact, to future food contact is what we are worried about here?

Shit, I hope you don't eat at popular sandwich chains .that will give you nightmares if you worry about foodborne illness the same as Chem contamination.

for some science, the potentially lethal dose is 1.5ml per kg, so if you are 200lbs 135ml or ~4oz injested could kill you.

I would think that the amount transfered to your microwave would be  .less than that. Or otherwise insignificant exposure. You probably are exposed to more handling the pen at the auto dealership service counter and itching your nose afterwards.

Not a scientist, but yeah. Interesting thread.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:39:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Every hear of someone dying from riding in a car with leaky heater core?

Me either.

Wash it like your chili with beans blew up and move on.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:02:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

Is this the same character who drives a motorcycle as a lifestyle choice, and always would post about his trials and tribulations in dating, or trying to find a date?  

View Quote

Yes, this is the same guy. He also drives an old cop car. I think crossbuns is real, just kinda different. (We even have democrats on here, so how's that for being fucking weird?) He loves his dog, though, so that makes him okay in my book.

He definitely needs a woman in his life, that's for sure. I wish he and SSG would hook up. That would give him a woman in his life and give her a new man in her life so she'd quit talking about her fucking buddy - maybe.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Eating pizza with antifreeze soaked hands is a delicacy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:35:40 AM EDT
[#21]
This dude needs a sandwich maker in his life. Three meals a day out of the microwave sounds dreadful.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Roommate and I were working on his motorcycle radiator system and he ended up with antifreeze getting on his phone. He had antifreeze residue on his hands from handling his phone and used our microwave to heat up some food. I know for a fact that the antifreeze was the ethylene glycol stuff, not the polypropylene glycol low toxicity stuff some vehicles come with.

Not sure if I should be looking at replacing the microwave or not because of this. Worried that whatever antifreeze was on his hands got on the food container and evaporated into the crevices and fan system in the microwave, which might re-deposit on food cooked in there in the future.

What do you guys think?
View Quote

The real question is - is ethylene glycol bioaccumulative? In that circumstance you might need to be concerned about ongoing exposure.

It is not.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Roommate and I were working on his motorcycle radiator system and he ended up with antifreeze getting on his phone. He had antifreeze residue on his hands from handling his phone and used our microwave to heat up some food. I know for a fact that the antifreeze was the ethylene glycol stuff, not the polypropylene glycol low toxicity stuff some vehicles come with.

Not sure if I should be looking at replacing the microwave or not because of this. Worried that whatever antifreeze was on his hands got on the food container and evaporated into the crevices and fan system in the microwave, which might re-deposit on food cooked in there in the future.

What do you guys think?
View Quote

@CRSSBNS

1) Ethylene Glycol is soluble in water.  Rinse the rotating plate under hot water in the sink, then dry off with paper towels.  

2) Take moist paper towels and wipe off the inside surfaces and the outside buttons.  Done.

Please don’t buy a new microwave.  The above is above and beyond what you need to do.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:07:45 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

A quick Google search says LD50 is about 7.6 ounces for an adult. That is about 2/3 of a 12-ounce soda.

Stop.  Follow my advice above.  You are waaay overthinking this.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:17:39 AM EDT
[#25]
It's awesome that you are able to fix your motorcycle inside the house. A woman would prevent this. A woman would also have prevented getting antifreeze in the microwave.
They are good at things like that, and also why they live longer than men.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:18:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#27]
You survived serious weinerfreeze.
Any man who can survive that should not worry about much else in life.
Also..get a female roommate.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By rtlm:
You survived serious weinerfreeze.
Any man who can survive that should not worry about much else in life.
Also..get a female roommate.
View Quote

Solid advice. 10/10

Even a fat chick that weighs in at 130-140 would be better than living with another dude. Geez...why do we have to tell you guys this.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#29]
This has to be a joke
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MrGoodkat:
This has to be a joke
View Quote

You think keeping a tidy kitchen/motorcycle shop combination is some kind of fucking game?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:04:59 AM EDT
[#31]
You should be more worried about seimal fluid in the microwave. You know when you get done beating off and want a hotpocket afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Golden-Arm:

have your husband/bf get a warm, damp sponge, and wipe it out for you sweetie. he gets extra credit if he then wipes it dry with a paper towel when he's finished. be sure to cook him a special dinner, after attending to this life-altering problem.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Tell me you haven't laid under a vehicle to change a lower radiator hose and accidentally taken a shower in coolant without actually telling me. Lol

I'd wager most mechanics have accidentally ingested more coolant on one occasion than you have a chance of being exposed to from dirty hands touching a container in a microwave.

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Clicked on this thread wondering how the fuck antifreeze got into a microwave

And now I'm even more confused
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By zukguy:
lol, Do people really worry about useless shit like this?

Clean the microwave and forget it, the small amount on his hands wouldn't harm a mouse, but I guess you could put a mouse in the microwave and turn it on, if the mouse is dead, you have your answer. Don't do this, you might turn into Mickey Mouse.

I'm a mechanic, and wash my hands before using the microwave, but I'm sure there are still chemicals on my hands to some degree when I use it, but I'd worry more about all the chemicals the microwave is built with before worrying about the small amount still on my hands.
View Quote

If he's microwaving every meal, his "food" is probably as bad for a human as the coolant. Lol
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Cut open some lemons, run a few batches through and let it air out a few minutes between batches.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
I would not worry about this at all.
View Quote

I agree, this is not a justifiable concern for replacing the microwave.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By RTX:

Yes, this is the same guy. He also drives an old cop car. I think crossbuns is real, just kinda different. (We even have democrats on here, so how's that for being fucking weird?) He loves his dog, though, so that makes him okay in my book.

He definitely needs a woman in his life, that's for sure. I wish he and SSG would hook up. That would give him a woman in his life and give her a new man in her life so she'd quit talking about her fucking buddy - maybe.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTX:
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

I admit I used to think he was real.    Wasted valuable time giving him good advice.   Realistically, there’s no way he can be authentic.
Nobody could be that pitiful for that long.   It’s impossible.
Plus, he shares too many similarities with the other characters who proved to be fake.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:52:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cobra-Commander] [#39]
How some of you made it into adulthood is astounding. Have your mom cut the crust off of your sandwich and carry on.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#40]
If you're worried about this, just wait until you have to cross a street for the first time OP.  Just look both ways and if no cars are coming, you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Microwave a cup of white vinegar for a minute or two.
Wipe down the residue.
Then wash interior of the microwave with a damp towel.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Toker_:
I would just a new house, just to be sure.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Every day arfcom members become more and more helpless.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Just put the microwave in the dishwasher pots and pan setting it will be fine.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:44:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StarCityShooter] [#45]
OP, are you the guy that used to post all the dating threads and couldnt get girls?

Is 556Cliff your roommate?

@JLPettimoreIII
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#47]
I think its already leached into your brain because worrying about that minuscule amount of antifreeze is retarded.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
OP, are you the guy that used to post all the dating threads and couldnt get girls?

@JLPettimoreIII
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rtlm:
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

@JLPettimoreIII

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/542569/thank_you-3286440.gif
wiener freeze is no motherfuckin' joke, man.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Cobra-Commander:
How some of you made it into adulthood is astounding. Have your mom cut the crust off of your sandwich and carry on.
View Quote
MA

MOAR NACHO CHEESE HOTPOCKETS AND MOUNTAIN DEW
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top