Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got 11
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
As someone said earlier in the thread, after living your life wanting kids but not being able to have them it's much easier to say you don't want kids than to explain why you don't have them. It's also nobody else's fucking business.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just did a quick calculation and I will be getting to send another check to the .gov for taxes,since I didn't pay them enough, this year.  If I calculate in one child, with no further childcare expanses, I would be getting back over $3K. It kind of sounds like more money is being taken from me, because I don't have children, so that it can be given to those with children.  There may be some bolsheviks here, but I don't think it's the ones with no kids.
View Quote
You don't say!!!

Color me shocked.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]
For those that are on the fence and are good folks Ill share.

Wife and I didn't think we wanted a kid. Well we changed our mind and can not imagine our world without him.

and we dont even like kids but when it is your own it fucking amazing.

I know you've heard it all before but its fucking true.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've got 11
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've got 11
Quoted:
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Every human on the planet has three biologically programmed purposes when they first breath air.

#1 is to survive to reproductive maturity.

#2 is to mate and have offspring to continue the cycle.

#3 insure that the offspring survive to reproductive maturity.

Those that choose to not reproduce take themselves out of that cycle. That inaction is self correcting in the big scheme of things.
View Quote
At the moment we are past the need for it, and people know this.

It's not like if we don't all breed we will be endangered in the next decade, even if only half the population maintains breeding habits that's still billions of humans.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Every human on the planet has three biologically programmed purposes when they first breath air.

Those that choose to not reproduce take themselves out of that cycle. That inaction is self correcting in the big scheme of things.
View Quote
That is a very simplistic and incomplete view of human life.  Humans have always lived in groups beyond biological families.  Most of us manage to make contributions to group success that benefit others, including making it more likely that those who are well-suited to reproduce are able to do so successfully.  This is by no means unique among mammals.

As has been stated several times in this ridiculous thread already, there are individuals who SHOULD NOT reproduce for any of various reasons.  Some simply cannot, some lack the desire to do so for whatever reasons, and some make an informed and conscious decision not to breed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#10]
People who don't have kids expect the government to care for them in old age. They have rejected traditional family in favor of the nanny state, but karma's going to bite them on the ass once they're in a nursing home with no children to make sure they are being well cared for. Too bad, so sad.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Children are a blessing. Men that don’t father children are simply weak. They are the first weak link in the long genetic chain that gave them the gift of life.

Having worked in healthcare for over 20 years I can tell you there is nothing more sad than a person approaching the final stages of life with no family. You can bash on having kids/family all you want, but people without children will ultimately regret that decision.
View Quote
Whose bashing who? Which side started this thread, Mr. Compassionate McDouchebag?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#12]

I don’t know why i even bothered.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
People who don't have kids expect the government to care for them in old age. They have rejected traditional family in favor of the nanny state, but karma's going to bite them on the ass once they're in a nursing home with no children to make sure they are being well cared for. Too bad, so sad.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Negative.  
Incidentally having kids doesn't necessarily mean they will take care of you in your old age. Nursing homes are full of people whose kids never visit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I see you've been to the Team forum.
View Quote
I must’ve missed it. I hardly ever go there.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Negative.  
Incidentally having kids doesn't necessarily mean they will take care of you in your old age. Nursing homes are full of people whose kids never visit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Negative.  
Visiting to say "happy birthday" and fluff a pillow, and taking care of someone, are two wholly different things. As a former paramedic I spent a lot of time in skilled nursing homes and assisted living facilities where family members visited but the care of the old person was left up to the old person and/or their spouse, the facility staff/aides, and the myriad of government programs. The vast majority of lower and middle class people simply cannot afford the cost of caring for their "golden years" parent.

I think an expectation today of most people for their golden years is their care will be rendered by their spouse and/or paid staff in an assisted living facility or nursing home. The quality of said staff vary dramatically based on what you can afford. Just have Medicare, have fun with that bottom of the barrel nursing home that reeks of soild linens and is staffed by CNAs that barely speak English and rarely come change your depends. Have a decent retirement, then depending on how much you have you get to live out your years in a better quality place.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Everyone settle down. This is veering into personal insult territory!
View Quote
It's just a bunch of apes throwing feces around.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Negative.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Negative.  
that's part of planning to have enough money to get you through death, you know retirement savings

Or buying a corvette when your old and delirious and driving it into the grand canyon... thats what I hope to do
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Fpni as always
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If people are healthy and successful(and conservative) I sort of think it's a moral imperative to have children.
View Quote

If it is a moral imperative it would have to be applied universally, not just to "people that are healthy and successful (and conservative)".

So...your premise is wrong.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Everyone settle down. This is veering into personal insult territory!
View Quote
That's why it's fun
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The only way I'd say church answering that question is if it was accompanied by "do not look for them in".  I don't know where a young man would find women like that anymore, but I know that church is not that place.  Very happy to be out of the dating pool at this point.

There is possibly an alternative for ATC.  If you are willing to adopt, and you're willing to accept a child that might not be completely perfect, it can be surprisingly easy even doing it as a single parent.  It will depend on the laws in your state, of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want a kid...I just can't find anyone that will let me stick my dick in them
Where does one find good looking single conservative chicks these days who are fun to be around? And don't say church.
The only way I'd say church answering that question is if it was accompanied by "do not look for them in".  I don't know where a young man would find women like that anymore, but I know that church is not that place.  Very happy to be out of the dating pool at this point.

There is possibly an alternative for ATC.  If you are willing to adopt, and you're willing to accept a child that might not be completely perfect, it can be surprisingly easy even doing it as a single parent.  It will depend on the laws in your state, of course.
Single men (me) cannot adopt children.  If I wasn't single, then I wouldn't need to adopt. Soooo....
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So lol.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Demographics is destiny.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I have 3 and wouldn't mind a 4th.

Isn't doesn't take long on GD to be happy some of you choose not to have kids.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:24:01 PM EDT
[#27]
i have a 6yr old son and 3yr old girl.  is it easy?  no.  is it for everyone?  no.

i dont understand why people get all worked up over things like this.  its nobody's business what you want to do w/ your life.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#28]
The only people with kids in San Francisco are the Chinese community, Mexicans in the Mission district who are being pushed out by "gentrification" as locals call it and that bottom right hand corner on the map is what's left of the 6.5% of the city that is black
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:31:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

i have a 6yr old son and 3yr old girl.  is it easy?  no.  is it for everyone?  no.

i dont understand why people get all worked up over things like this.  its nobody's business what you want to do w/ your life.
View Quote
But that doesn't make for good GD threads, now does it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's not like if we don't all breed we will be endangered in the next decade, even if only half the population maintains breeding habits that's still billions of humans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People are concerned about hhwhite babies.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
there is no "moral imperative" to have children

I personally think it's odd to not want to have children, but at the same time I think there are plenty of people that shouldn't have children
View Quote
Yep

This is another one of those topics where idiots cook up "moral" arguments that they contradict in other threads.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Not having kids is the biggest FU to the biggest slave master of them all, mother nature.

Having no skin in the game is great.  And for all those proud fathers, let me tell you the list of crack-head hoes from upper class families I've met....

Bottom-line, you will slave your life away for someone else who will not appreciate it one bit.

I am lucky to have a good wife.  Why would I want to take a chance and ruin what we have? (which is 5 luxury cars, two homes, and machine guns....sounds horrible I know).
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I hear this one a lot as welll,.. who will take care of you when your old?...

My worst effing nightmare is forcing some poor soul to clean me, wipe my ass, help me do mundane tasks, I would never ever burdon someone with those things.

When I'm to old to feed myself or wipe my own ass I will die a dignified death, if I make it that long.

I know some people can't wrap their heads around this, but I like being alone, other people annoy me, I don't want them around...at all...period.

It's not because I'm angry, or sad, or psycotic, or whatever, I'm super happy and love life,..as long as I don't have to put up with other people.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My worst effing nightmare is forcing some poor soul to clean me, wipe my ass, help me do mundane tasks, I would never ever burdon someone with those things.

When I'm to old to feed myself or wipe my own ass I will die a dignified death, if I make it that long.

I know some people can't wrap their heads around this, but I like being alone, other people annoy me, I don't want them around...at all...period.

It's not because I'm angry, or sad, or psycotic, or whatever, I'm super happy and love life,..as long as I don't have to put up with other people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't imagine a greater disappointment in life than having kids that you expect to come through for you when you are aging, but don't.  It happens a lot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

that's part of planning to have enough money to get you through death, you know retirement savings

Or buying a corvette when your old and delirious and driving it into the grand canyon... thats what I hope to do
View Quote
I'm thinking more a plane on auto-pilot out into the ocean. . .but yeah
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

But that doesn't make for good GD threads, now does it?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm a cripple, partially by injury and partially by birth. I cannot give a child what a father should be able to give. Add in the factor of having a few serious genetic issues that I'd be devastated to force upon a child and it's not right for me to have a child. It isn't selfishness and I expect no government or person to take care of me in my old age.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Really?  Or do you mean a woman that is at least semi-attractive/nice/sense of humor?

A woman is not that hard to find, plenty of psycho's, scrawnies, fatties, medically desperate, married women, stalkers, older women etc...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want a kid...I just can't find anyone that will let me stick my dick in them
Really?  Or do you mean a woman that is at least semi-attractive/nice/sense of humor?

A woman is not that hard to find, plenty of psycho's, scrawnies, fatties, medically desperate, married women, stalkers, older women etc...
Yeah, that part in Red.  I'm 30, so every woman my age (that's available) has kids already...which means A) they are divorced.  or B) they weren't good enough to marry in the first place.  Then, you have baby's daddy to deal with until the kid is 18+.  You will never be above the child in that relationship as long as the father is still in the picture.

And then there's the whole, "If they are still single at 30, then just how fucking crazy (or ugly) are they?!"

Yeah, that ship has sailed for me
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Their favorite term is crotchfruit, when I hear that I know I'm dealing with an imbecile.
View Quote
I prefer the term "paycheck vampire".
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I agree OP, the idea of ending your bloodline with yourself voluntarily is just bizarre to me. It's unnatural. It's short sighted, and as most "no kids but have the means" folks will admit it's selfish.

But hey, it's just not in the hand your dealt for some. You don't want kids, no sweat off my back. I got no ill will towards you. Carry on!
View Quote
Agreed.

Meeting people in their 60s-80s that didn't have kids is a humbling experience. Some have outright told me they regret not having them....and I think regret is a polite term to the emotions I saw in them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
there is no "moral imperative" to have children

I personally think it's odd to not want to have children, but at the same time I think there are plenty of people that shouldn't have children
View Quote
Agree with this too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Let's fight for our 2A rights, protect the US Constitution, live free or die!

So that we can allow Western Civilization to dry up and disappear.

Fuck the sacrifices made by the dozen or so modern generations of my ancestors.

I AM THE FINAL END PRODUCT--- IT WAS ALL FOR ME!!!!!!

I have no obligation to them, or to the God who made it possible.

My great grandfather boarded a ship, left Copenhagen, started from nothing, failed at farming in Illinois, failed at farming in Wisconsin, finally succeeded in Minnesota where he built a solid foundation for our family.  FUCK HIM!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I will be supported in my dotage by the labor of OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS.

I feel no moral compunction about any of this, because I am a modern American.
View Quote
I agree with you.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why not church?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#46]
No. I'm quite conservative as is my wife, but we have no interest whatsoever in ever having kids. Fuck that noise.   Never wanted it growing up, never had the urge ever in my life to have offspring.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#47]
No kids and no regrets. Several people I know have had unplanned pregnancies and fatherless children. This is the beginning of welfare. If a lot of other people had been as responsible as I then we wouldn't have welfare, housing projects and dignity cards.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#48]
I have kids and grandkids.
I like my kids, I just don't like anyone else's kids.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#49]
If ARFCOM says you must have children, then you must have children. So let it be written, so let it be done.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Some people don't want kids. They should probably stop complaining about the direction or country is moving in though.
View Quote

A single person or a couple without kids can contribute plenty to society (taxes, charity, activism, whatever) to earn their right to bitch.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top