Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 2:43:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Gay bar sex toys?  Da Fuq ?
View Quote

You saw that pic and instantly though about putting them in your butt. Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:02:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Filled mine with American dimes because it's a change purse.
View Quote

Nifty!

https://www.itstactical.com/gearcom/edc/making-change-less-lethal-coin-purse-mean-gene-leather/
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:13:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Find this interesting.

For those scenarios where you don’t want to use a firearm, but still have a legal justification and need to adjust an attitude.
View Quote

Bar soap in a tube sock.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:53:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
These seem interesting but it seems like every state has some archaic law from the 50's which will ruin your life if you're caught with one.
View Quote
They're surprisingly completely unregulated in WA but that doesn't stop the retarded state academy instructors from showing pictures of saps and blackjacks in their PowerPoint slide show of regulated 'dangerous weapons'

The law says slung shot, sand clubs, and metal knuckles are illegal. Nothing about saps, jacks or non metal knuckles.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 4:27:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Instead of striking with the flat side …you’d turn it and strike with the edge.  It is very rigid and more narrow and still has the punch of the lead in it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know nothing about saps, though they were only effective/used in smacking the noodle, Interesting.

What is an edge strike?

Instead of striking with the flat side …you’d turn it and strike with the edge.  It is very rigid and more narrow and still has the punch of the lead in it.

Exactly! Edge strikes are brutal. I made a nice dent in top of my wood work bench testing it. I didn't even hit it full force, I didn't want to mess up my slappy.

@LS1POWERED

You have to be real careful when striking to the skull especially in thinner bone area. Think rabbit punch strength. they work really good going for nerve plexus areas and joints.  The heavy ones you can even go for muscles. My uncle said if you use one of these right and have to go to court, by the time you go to court the bump and bruises have healed. Seems better than blood and cuts. Grandaddy and his brothers were old school, they both agreed they are handy weapons for self defense if a gun was over zealous and these often times stopped a fight.

I have this old buchmeier junior, I would like to make one using this as a template. It can't be too hard, right??  LOL

I will be going to check out the OP's suggested company as well. I definitely need something newer than my old weathered one.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 4:39:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one in my car.  Good for mini TONKS.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#7]
You need to know how to use those.  It's not like TV.  If you haul off with a round house swing and hit someone in the head you might kill them.

I assisted a small town cop in a mini-brawl one night as he attempted to process one of a group of guys he'd arrested before putting them in a cell.  He was rolling around on the floor with one of them, I pulled another one off his back and shoved his face into a corner and looked at the 3rd guy who through his hands up and gave the "I'm cool , I'm cool man" speech that told me he wasn't going to get off the bench and join the fight.

The officer had chosen the biggest meanest one first and wasn't winning the fight till he pulled that sap (smaller than the one in the OP's post) out of his back pocket and wrist slapped the guy between the eyes.  That big guy's head dropped back on the floor with a thud and he said, "I'm done man, I'm done, get off me."  When the officer got up the guy complied with the direction to empty his pockets, remove his belt, shoe laces, etc. and was taken to a cell.

I was amazed at what a "soft" tap that was vs. what I'd always seen on movies.

You know, they used to make leather gloves with shot pockets on the outsides of the finger/knuckle areas.  I heard those worked very well, too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:11:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got an old one my father had. It's not something I'd carry though. Things that are made for other purposes than self defense are legal and useful. A child's baseball bat, hickory ax handle, and an oak dowel rod come to mind.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Got a new sap from Todd Foster.

9 inches 15 ounces.

Shot filled.  

It would knock someone into next week.   Saps and Jacks are the most under rated defense things you can carry IMO.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81840/354E0673-E708-4A01-B4B5-F0C8AD163399_jpe-2061529.JPG
View Quote
Does it have the strap on the other side?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:38:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You should see what I can do with 9 inches.
View Quote

I’d like to see.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:42:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Filled mine with American dimes because it's a change purse.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Heavy duty change purses to me make the most sense.

Nickel (nickels are 75% zinc and 25% nickel) is about 25% less heavy than lead, zinc is about 35%.

Seems like a fair trade off for plausible deniability.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Suck it ?

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I thought I was done spending money.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:26:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what she said...

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Problem with "coin purses" is that one can only use a flat side. With real saps one can use a flat, an edge, and a point to "stab". A lot more versatile and effective. In fact, I would not call a coin purse a "coin sap" but rather a "coin slung shot".
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Beat it flatfoot
View Quote
"Hey you flatfoots , call your shots "
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Back in the day, the saying was. I will hit you so hard, when you wake up your clothes will be out of style.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Most places consider it a deadly weapon if you crack someone with it. Also many places (liberal shitholes) consider mere possession of it to be a misdemeanor.

I was issued a large and a small sap in the academy back in 1998... Mine was one of the last classes to get them. Within 2 or 3 years they were taken out of policy in favor of expandable batons...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These seem interesting but it seems like every state has some archaic law from the 50's which will ruin your life if you're caught with one.

Most places consider it a deadly weapon if you crack someone with it. Also many places (liberal shitholes) consider mere possession of it to be a misdemeanor.

I was issued a large and a small sap in the academy back in 1998... Mine was one of the last classes to get them. Within 2 or 3 years they were taken out of policy in favor of expandable batons...

In terms of "Tonk" in your experience which works better ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Definitely need a lanyard for that thing
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Saw thread title.

Was worried that pics of my penis had been leaked to the Interwebz.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Laughs in shillelagh walking stick.
View Quote

Your little twig hasn't got jack on what a sap is capable of.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:02:03 AM EDT
[#25]
My brother has our grandfather's old night watchman's stick. It's about a foot long covered in leather discs with a lead core. Thing would seriously eff you up if it connected.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

9 inches 15 ounces.

Shot filled.  

It would knock someone into next week.   Saps and Jacks are the most under rated defense things you can carry IMO.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81840/354E0673-E708-4A01-B4B5-F0C8AD163399_jpe-2061529.JPG
View Quote

NICE!!! that's awesome!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Daily back pocket carry.
Boston Leather..Texan model 4ply..11”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

No gag reflex? I bet you're popular.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. Can’t carry one in PA.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:22:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

9 inches 15 ounces.

Shot filled.  

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:22:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You need to know how to use those.  It's not like TV.  If you haul off with a round house swing and hit someone in the head you might kill them.

I assisted a small town cop in a mini-brawl one night as he attempted to process one of a group of guys he'd arrested before putting them in a cell.  He was rolling around on the floor with one of them, I pulled another one off his back and shoved his face into a corner and looked at the 3rd guy who through his hands up and gave the "I'm cool , I'm cool man" speech that told me he wasn't going to get off the bench and join the fight.

The officer had chosen the biggest meanest one first and wasn't winning the fight till he pulled that sap (smaller than the one in the OP's post) out of his back pocket and wrist slapped the guy between the eyes.  That big guy's head dropped back on the floor with a thud and he said, "I'm done man, I'm done, get off me."  When the officer got up the guy complied with the direction to empty his pockets, remove his belt, shoe laces, etc. and was taken to a cell.

I was amazed at what a "soft" tap that was vs. what I'd always seen on movies.

You know, they used to make leather gloves with shot pockets on the outsides of the finger/knuckle areas.  I heard those worked very well, too.
View Quote

They were not designed for nor ever intended to be used for head strikes. That would be relatively close to using a dead blow hammer on someones head... aka idiotic. They were specifically designed for close in fights where an officer couldn't deliver a full strike or punch, specifically against areas like thighs whenever possible, and with restraint. One of the reasons PD's ditched them so quickly (but long before political correctness became a thing) is how dangerous they can be, great for a life or death fight, but cops were "tuning up" thugs and breaking bones, dislocating joints, bursting organs, tearing muscle/ligament, and simply killing people. A leather sap is a lethal weapon but not in the same vein as say a bat, a sap is actually worse because it takes so much less effort, effectively it's closer to a hammer.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Laughs in shillelagh walking stick.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted: You don't use saps and blackjacks on the head unless you want to kill the other guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted: You don't use saps and blackjacks on the head unless you want to kill the other guy.

Fact

Edge strikes, imagine a blunt sword.

Edge strikes will split the seem and twist the grip in your hand. They are specifically meant to be used on the flat as it is more effective in causing pain and disruption due to the larger surface area.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#34]

So what you're saying is that you have no experience with using such weapons.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have used both. The advantage of the sap is that it fits in the pocket. The shillelagh will break concrete blocks.

ETA The cold steel shillelagh is more than twice the weight and three times as long. It hits way harder.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:33:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes…a few are legal though.  Utah is good to go.  I think texas is?

ETA Utah you are good if you have a CCW.  It covers “dangerous weapons”.  I go to a barber shop where the AG of Utah goes ..I asked him he said it’s kinda a gray area and they are allowed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA Utah you are good if you have a CCW.  It covers “dangerous weapons”.  I go to a barber shop where the AG of Utah goes ..I asked him he said it’s kinda a gray area and they are allowed.

Tejas is gtg for them
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted: I have used both.
View Quote

No, clearly you haven't.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Here is one more iteration in a sense.

I have flown with this several times and TSA has never looked twice at it.  I just clip it to my backpack and it looks like a key chain?  Either way it’s never been a problem.

The leather part is a loop that fits your hand and the snap hook part weighs 10 ounces.  It would do a ton of damage also.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81840/666B9BA6-AF60-48E8-AFC8-3070C5B78359_jpe-2061597.JPG
View Quote

Where to buy this key chain? My current key chain has been replaced a couple of times. This key chain  looks like it would hold up well for hard use. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Fact

Edge strikes will split the seem and twist the grip in your hand.
They are specifically meant to be used on the flat as it is more effective in causing pain and disruption due to the larger area.
View Quote

Keep talking...any specific strike zones that are effective but won't cause long lasting damage.
I understand training is key.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#40]
I still have my German Police Gummi Stick and that thing will bring a world of pain with it. [Gummiknueppel]

[spring steel surrounded by hard rubber]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No, clearly you haven't.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: I have used both.

No, clearly you haven't.

You are perpetually wrong. I know you are only like 20 years old so I just have to laugh at your ignorance. The shillelagh is absolutely devastating.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Against drunk, unarmed, unwary people I'm sure it does a great job.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are legal in Texas.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Daily back pocket carry.
Boston Leather..Texan model 4ply..11”

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/542569/95241E88-C25D-4DC4-8A2F-7CBC54571652_jpe-2061679.JPG
View Quote

I use the same one IWB behind my belt sheath for my knife.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I know nothing about saps, though they were only effective/used in smacking the noodle, Interesting.

What is an edge strike?
View Quote

You hit someone on the thigh right above the knee and they hobble around in circles for a few days.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Thought about doing one with some of the tungsten shot that I have. At nearly twice the density of lead, you could make it smaller for the same weight. Same force applied to a smaller area equals more pow per pop.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I use the same one IWB behind my belt sheath for my knife.
View Quote

Interesting.
Is it kept in place with just the belt pressure ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:02:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

If Texas tells me I can't have one, I am for sure ordering one then..
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Not today GD, you won't cost me any money.

Cause I bought one the last time this subject came up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You are perpetually wrong. I know you are only like 20 years old so I just have to laugh at your ignorance. The shillelagh is absolutely devastating.
View Quote

Your immediate retreat to ad hominem says I'm right on the money
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top