User Panel

Page / 70
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Correct, I guess I don't get it.  Either do your job, or if you feel that you no longer can, resign.  This milquetoast behavior is wrong IMO, but if the residents and government allow it, I guess it's their responsibility.  We're always told that cops have balls and integrity and stuff.  I guess not.
View Quote

The root issue, as with most problems today, stem from public apathy, a lack of civic engagement & mass media brainwashing (most of these wouldn’t be possible without decay of the family, community & lack of accountability).

Combine that with dirty politicians & the money men who fund them, the media & the agitators & it becomes the perfect storm of societal breakdown & loss of faith in government. The dead wood & tinder has been building for decades & failure to clean it up has allowed a lit match to build into a forest fire instead of a controlled burn.

Those with wealth & power already have the answer(s) ready for when enough people get pissed off & demand the situation be brought under control.

It will sound great on paper for most people who aren’t aware of their schemes & aren’t well studied in history, but the fear it brings will be worse than during this temporary chaos & much worse than before for everyone except the politburo on up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If an agency wants to get rid of an officer, there's a process to do so properly. If an agency can't do that the proper way,it's not the unions fault
View Quote

As an engineer and a supervisor of skilled trades I have sat across from a union rep who used the exact same language when I wrote up a worthless tradesman who couldn't be bothered to come to work on Mondays and continually f'd his fellow tradesmen.  His fellow workers wanted him fired.  I just wanted him to straighten up.

I recognize people who use this language.  I kinda knew who you were before, but now there's no doubt.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I haven't figured out a way to be six inches shorter, sorry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not the agitator in this thread. I'm not the one who suggested bombing a federal facility because someone on the Internet said they don't like my job.

Fucking please.  Don't come in preaching and then melt like a pussy when you get called out on being all talk and no action.  It's embarrassing to look at, its pathetic and womanly at best; faggotish at worst.

Jesus.  You want to preach about freedom but you fold up like a pissed-on flower when some fucking loud-mouth Cuban (a feature of the race) calls you out. Oh look at poor wounded you.  

If you have to be a bitch, stay out of the men's lodge and go hang out with the other women.
Cuban isn't a Race.... it is a goal all you lesser men should strive to achieve.

I haven't figured out a way to be six inches shorter, sorry.

Just have your shins removed.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
good
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:25:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
WTH? I did not know that...That sucks.

Many states have a provision that if you reach full retirement, (whatever statutory amount of years that is), that you can keep the state insurance at the same rate you pay as a state employee till medicare date.
View Quote

So if you hire in at 20, have a 20 year retirement (which people here tell me that cops have to take or it declines every year swiftly after that), that you'll have full government healthcare for another 25 years after you quit?  SRSLY?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#9]

New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles are the whole country to some people.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It happened, but we dont know the extent... Could have been 5 cops or 30. There has yet to be concrete inside information. Since we're not hearing about the day shift walking out...well good luck to you APD, you now have no respect.

Last night there was a spontaneous protest at the zone 3 station. 100 or so with a decent smattering of antifa. They were well organized and could have rolled right over the barricade and half assed police line. Then all of sudden everybody just kinda went home.
View Quote

Their overlords instructed them to calm it down and disperse, to create the impression that no cops are needed.  The media will spout that BS, and push for defunding and disbanding police.  And say, look, we don’t need them.

Until we do, when the anarchists, looters and rioters come back out, and career criminals see they have no opposition, and cities burn.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#11]
So did the Day Shift show up today?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why? DA is an elected official. Walking out is a show of no confidence by the officers right before his runoff election. Get the shitbag incumbent out and there's no reason to quit.

Cops and cop unions typically endorse Democrats.  Even after all the crap in NYC they are endorsing leftist Democrats.
@dannylgriffin. Really?

Largest Police Union in the nation, the Fraternal Order of Police union endorses Trump. The second largest Police Union, the International Union of Police Associations endorsed President Donald Trump's 2020 re-election campaign. In Florida, the Florida Police Benevolent Association (PBA), announced they are endorsing Republican Ron DeSantis for Governor.

Try again.
Ok......
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The controversy is that the DA decided to charge the cops even before the investigation is completed
View Quote

Not entirely accurate.  He completed his investigation.  In his press conference he detailed exactly why he was charging each of the eleven counts against the cop.

Remember Zimmerman?  The DA can do what he/she wants.  The DA is under no legal obligation to discuss this with the GBI.  Even if the GBI says "good shoot" the DA can still prosecute or hold over for a grand jury.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why? DA is an elected official. Walking out is a show of no confidence by the officers right before his runoff election. Get the shitbag incumbent out and there’s no reason to quit.
View Quote

That would require 51% of the voting public to come to a consensus on, or even having a viable alternative. There’s a reason why politicians are so slimy.

The fault lies with the machine as much as the operators. Without a great awakening of the voters we’ll continue to get a choice between a douche & a turd. Hell, many cities the only choices are somewhere between neo-liberal & outright communist, all with some form of SJW pandering to the Progressive Stack.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The police at all levels of enforcement need to fuck off entirely for two weeks.
View Quote

The chances of that happening are zero. LOL  They aren't going to miss two paychecks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You're bringing up the Michigan Fraternal Order of Police. A different organization than the National Fraternal Order of Police @RDak. Just like there is the Florida PBA and the Miami-Dade County PBA. Two different organizations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why? DA is an elected official. Walking out is a show of no confidence by the officers right before his runoff election. Get the shitbag incumbent out and there's no reason to quit.

Cops and cop unions typically endorse Democrats.  Even after all the crap in NYC they are endorsing leftist Democrats.
@dannylgriffin. Really?

Largest Police Union in the nation, the Fraternal Order of Police union endorses Trump. The second largest Police Union, the International Union of Police Associations endorsed President Donald Trump's 2020 re-election campaign. In Florida, the Florida Police Benevolent Association (PBA), announced they are endorsing Republican Ron DeSantis for Governor.

Try again.
Ok......

You're bringing up the Michigan Fraternal Order of Police. A different organization than the National Fraternal Order of Police @RDak. Just like there is the Florida PBA and the Miami-Dade County PBA. Two different organizations.

Ah.....gotcha.

How do they come out with recommendations, etc., all the state organizations vote and the winners carry the day?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So did the Day Shift show up today?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So you guys wanted grade inflation and spoon feeding state-test answers, sweet.
View Quote

That only goes so far.  Ace Detroit students who experienced this spectacularly flunked out of Michigan State University.  It was an embarrassment.  Kids who were written up in the Detroit newspapers as the next leaders and scientists of our generation couldn't do basic high school work in college.

They couldn't do math, they couldn't construct a coherent paragraph or use standard English, and science?  Yeah, top in chemistry and physics.  Not.

There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth on how to cover this up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#21]
JUST IN: Every Atlanta police officer to receive a one-time, $500 bonus today as thanks for their hard work during protests and COVID-19:

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
All I know about ATL I learned from my favorite rappers.
View Quote

You have favorite rappers.  LOL
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
JUST IN: Every Atlanta police officer to receive a one-time, $500 bonus today as thanks for their hard work during protests and COVID-19:

View Quote

Awesome, I am sure that 500 will go far in attorneys fees when the DA charges them criminally for doing their jobs.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Fuck 'em......this is what they voted for.........now live it assholes.
View Quote

The reality is that there isn't a single locality or state where 100% of the population voted a certain way. NYS is dominated by Democrats, but has a significant number of Republicans. The same split exists in every Democratic stronghold. Should the minority simply be thrown to the wolves? They didn't "vote for" any of this. ARF likes to talk about protecting minority views unless it's conservatives in Democrat- majority states
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL! My life and freedom are worth way more than $500.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Freedom ain't free.  It costs a buck oh five
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We aren't going to know.

The PD and the city are downplaying this as much as they can. We won't get transparency there.

Crime statistics and reporting are based on events that LE responds to. If LE isn't responding to events, they aren't being tracked or counted.

Last night could have been a wild and crazy night in Atlanta, but we'll never get the numbers.
View Quote

Great post.  Pin this answer for future people who keep asking the same thing over and over again.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

A little bribery huh?   Lets see how many bite.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's their response to moral? LOLOLOL

"Thanks for the money but nothing has changed"
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Many states have a provision that if you reach full retirement, (whatever statutory amount of years that is), that you can keep the state insurance at the same rate you pay as a state employee till medicare date.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Healthcare has never been a defined retirement benefit. When you retire, you gotta get your own shit.

Same in KS. Gotta get your own.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
@dannylgriffin, in Florida it is 30 years to reach full retirement and you don't get medical coverage wen you retire.

Try again.
View Quote

Yeah, surely there are departments somewhere that might have something akin to what @dannylgriffin is suggesting, but most departments/cities make you pay your medical insurance premiums after retirement even if you stay in the city system.  And most of them actually try to weed out retirees by making those premiums climb exponentially after retirement.  They don't want that drag on the budget.

I think firemen usually have a larger benefit system both during and after retirement, and most of that was accomplished by union activity.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Che Guevara said it best about the Revolution and how to deal with any threat to it.

"At the smallest of doubt we must execute."

He was referring to executing innocent people to prevent the escape of the guilty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better ten bad cops go free than one good cop get strung up for nonsense.

That was the old rule.  

The new rule is, better that ten innocent cops get strung up, rather than let one bad cop go free.
Che Guevara said it best about the Revolution and how to deal with any threat to it.

"At the smallest of doubt we must execute."

He was referring to executing innocent people to prevent the escape of the guilty.

And yet so many people wear his shirt around.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Its being paid by the Atlanta Police Foundation, doesn't look like its coming from Atlanta City/Mayor's Office
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So if you hire in at 20, have a 20 year retirement (which people here tell me that cops have to take or it declines every year swiftly after that), that you'll have full government healthcare for another 25 years after you quit?  SRSLY?
View Quote

So if you contribute to a retirement account for 20 years, so does your employer, and ay the end you say eff it and decide to leave and live off that money for the rest of your life via the 4% rule..

That’s wrong?

The military can retire at 37.

There’s a few you tubers who are retired in their 20s and work on a day to day basis.

Thanks to the army I will retire at 43.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ok......
View Quote

I guess we can bring up the John brown gun club or antifa’s gun organization as bullet points as to why gun owners suppprt biden.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
@dannylgriffin, in Florida it is 30 years to reach full retirement and you don't get medical coverage wen you retire.

Try again.
View Quote

Retiree health insurance is a negotiated benefit and varies from agency to agency.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would have sounded sweet to 10 year old me.

500 bucks is nothing.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#39]
60+ pages of regurgitated tweets with no real substance or information.  What happened to the ARFCOM that would break news before the news breakers?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
As a Civil Engineer, I doubt you'd be charged with Murder for doing your job right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's just another way to protest.  Very few cops don't want to do their jobs.  The overwhelming majority of cops WANT to make the neighborhoods they work in safer, more peaceful, and better overall.  Part of this includes getting drunks out of their cars and off the streets, putting violent criminals behind bars, and sometimes putting a threatening offender in the ground.  If the cops are getting arrested for DOING THEIR JOBS, then how else are they supposed to protest?  Think about that time a few years ago, in Baltimore, when the top prosecutor of the entire area marched with the protestors calling for cops' deaths... how would that have made you feel?  And now, Atlanta PD officers feel like they're in a no-win situation.  If they enforce the laws that they're sworn to enforce, then they get arrested and lose their entire future.  What would YOU do to protest this?

Then do it.  You can't protest your job.  Either you do it or you don't.

I'm a civil engineer designing a bridge.  I'm going to protest and ignore my responsibility because I'm angry at my boss.  Even though doing so could cause the life of innocent people.

I'm a cop responsible for answering calls.  I'm going to protest and ignore my responsibility because I'm angry at my boss.  Even though doing so could cause the life of innocent people.
As a Civil Engineer, I doubt you'd be charged with Murder for doing your job right.

True but it is not unheard of for the trial to be skipped and have the execution take place in the street.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Retiree health insurance is a negotiated benefit and varies from agency to agency.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try again.

Every police and fire fighter here gets medical after 25.

Its just the amount of what you pay differs from agency to agency.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The reality is that there isn't a single locality or state where 100% of the population voted a certain way. NYS is dominated by Democrats, but has a significant number of Republicans. The same split exists in every Democratic stronghold. Should the minority simply be thrown to the wolves? They didn't "vote for" any of this. ARF likes to talk about protecting minority views unless it's conservatives in Democrat- majority states
View Quote

For example:

I would NOT support your being ordered to come help Michigan's dumbass population to come and in and restore order if things get out of hand.

Even though I didn't vote for the 'tards........most voters who voted did and have to reap what they have sown.

If I knew you were coming I would try and meet you at the border and beg you to just come to my house and we'd just have a few beers........I would NOT want you to risk blood and safety to stop what these clown 'tards voted for.

That just wouldn't be right.  

A line has to be drawn somewhere, and some innocent from out of state should NOT be expected or ordered to risk his life and blood.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The chances of that happening are zero. LOL  They aren't going to miss two paychecks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The police at all levels of enforcement need to fuck off entirely for two weeks.

It will take that long just to fill out the citizen contact bias reports from the protests. Just follow deparment policies to the letter and you will paralyze the department.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Combine that with dirty politicians
View Quote

Okay, let's stop right there.  Who do the unions vote for and politic for?  As I've pointed out a number of times, NYC is endorsing liberal Democrats for office in the 2020 elections.  Want to go around the country?  

Also, as I said in a post very recently, do your job.  You can't protest your job.  Either you do it or you don't.

I'm a civil engineer designing a bridge.  I'm going to protest and ignore my responsibility because I'm angry at my boss.  Even though doing so could cause the life of innocent people.

I'm a cop responsible for answering calls.  I'm going to protest and ignore my responsibility because I'm angry at my boss.  Even though doing so could cause the life of innocent people.

Do you think #1 is criminal but #2 is no big deal?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
She's loaded with silicone.   Looks that bottom lip is just painted on.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like she came a little too hard.
She's loaded with silicone.   Looks that bottom lip is just painted on.  

If that's Ann Margaret, we need to go with an 81 year old Ali Mcgraw.

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If that's Ann Margaret, we need to go with an 81 year old Ali Mcgraw.
https://celeb-heights.com/cache/m/ali_macgraw_640.jpg
View Quote

Damn!!!

She's still pretty.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#50]

I went to see who the NYC unions were endorsing, and they are endorsing Democrats.  I didn't say Florida was, although I am happy to see they they aren't.  When I get a minute I'll dig deeper into Florida.  Thanks.  You might be hearing back from me.
Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top