Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The idiots going “this was JUST INCONPETENCE”

Shocking
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By savage_winchester:
13 days and we still don’t know jack shit about crooks.

Truly amazing.
View Quote

14 days later and we still haven't been shown a picture of the murder weapon.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

View Quote

I would be more interested in knowing the weight of the bullet fragments in the three other casualties.  If one or more adds up to, say, 150 g or thereabouts, it would prove a second shooter. We all know a 400 to 500 yard shot with 55 g ammo isn’t going to be ideal. So it would make sense for a second shooter farther away to use something other than an AR.  A 55 g bullet would not prove the opposite.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:

I would be more interested in knowing the weight of the bullet fragments in the three other casualties.  If one or more adds up to, say, 150 g or thereabouts, it would prove a second shooter. We all know a 400 to 500 yard shot with 55 g ammo isn’t going to be ideal. So it would make sense for a second shooter farther away to use something other than an AR.  A 55 g bullet would not prove the opposite.
View Quote

So you are thinking that there's some possibility of a second shooter firing from a water tower on a grassy knoll, then repelling down unseen.  Somebody set all that up, but forgot to pay off the doctor who would be removing the bullets?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There's nothing credible indicating a 2nd shooter.  Still a whole lotta unanswered questions about the actual shooter, uncharacteristically poor security and the withheld information.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 3:05:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#6]

View Quote

I highly doubt they recovered anything.  Maybe from the poor guy who was shot in the head, maybe.  At that range a 5.56 would T&T.  

I have shot 50 plus 150-200lb mammals.  Rarely do the bullets stay inside the target if it was a center mass shot.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By tree-hugger:

I have always thought this to be plausible.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit with what we've been watching for the past 10-12 years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tree-hugger:
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
Something says to me that the building, and someone from the crew inside; has something to do with this assassination.

Anyone else thinking this too?

I have always thought this to be plausible.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit with what we've been watching for the past 10-12 years.

Especially since the shooting we've seen some characters thoughts on it that have been shocking.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

I would also be curious about the optics, using a 1X magnification red dot at 150yards does not make a whole lot of sense to me, as it would likely make the dot bigger than the target, in this case Trumps head.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Socio:

I would also be curious about the optics, using a 1X magnification red dot at 150yards does not make a whole lot of sense to me, as it would likely make the dot bigger than the target, in this case Trumps head.  
View Quote

A 2moa dot is only 3" wide at 150yds.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 4:24:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#10]
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Notrega:
View Quote

Hmm, outfit looks different though? 🤔
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

The couple old dudes standing around with their SUVs open and the cases, it looks to me like they were flying a drone.  Thats the same sort of case I've seen people tote their high dollar drones in before.  And they were both standing there, looks like 1 of them holding the controller flying and both of them looking at the screen on it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:20:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyLoco] [#14]
Originally Posted By giantpune:

So you are thinking that there's some possibility of a second shooter firing from a water tower on a grassy knoll, then repelling down unseen.  Somebody set all that up, but forgot to pay off the doctor who would be removing the bullets?
View Quote

No. That’s why I believe,  if there were a second shooter, based on the audio analysis and distance, it would have been from a similar distance like the building with the windows just adjacent and similar round/gun. The video (tmz) of him on the roof as gunfire erupts doesn’t look or sound like he fired the first round and doesn’t sound like the 5 rapid shots came from the exact same location as the first 3 (relative to the location of the camera).
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

There is also a hypothesis that Crooks was also going for a mass casualty event by shooting into the crowd after shooting at Trump to cause panic to have the crowd run into where he had the explosives with the remote detonator. Then, such a set up would be more plausible.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By giantpune:

View Quote

Not so much I think it is a real possibility as much as another data point.  If they recover 55 g from a victim, that eliminates a long distance shooter.  But if they find 150 g in someone, it proves a second shooter.

It’s a pointless question though. I am sure if there was 150 g of fragments, the FBI would have been right there in the OR to “bag the evidence” so it would never be weighed.  But I still would like to know.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:59:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#17]
Youtuber Benny Johnson just got back from his trip to the site. Said this building pictured (M&R Power Equipment) they hit with a range finder and it was only 300 yards away. They talked to the owner and said there was nobody at their site doing security on or around the rooftop during the rally.

(34:00)

I Just Left The Trump Assassination Site, We Found The TRUTH | It's Worse Than You Can Imagine...

Attachment Attached File

This is where they believe Crooks climbed up to the roof (59:00)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

Hmm, outfit looks different though?
View All Quotes

Hmm, outfit looks different though?

Yeah, this shirt is too dark, different camo on shorts, sneakers are darker, calves are too muscular

My Highlights homework has finally found a use !

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Totally different, so may not be the same guy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#20]
That hi-res AP photo ain't no joke.

Ordering a 3-footer was a bit excessive on my part.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:34:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Socio] [#21]
Originally Posted By wganz:

There is also a hypothesis that Crooks was also going for a mass casualty event by shooting into the crowd after shooting at Trump to cause panic to have the crowd run into where he had the explosives with the remote detonator. Then, such a set up would be more plausible.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wganz:

There is at least one theory I read, that suggests he was the decoy, intentionally sent with poor optics, to inadvertently cause a mass casualty event, panic, and draw attention to himself trying to shoot Trump while the real assassin took the kill shot, then easily escaped unnoticed during the ensuing chaos.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#22]
There is one theory that suggests he was the decoy, intentionally sent with poor optics, to inadvertently cause a mass casualty event, chaos and draw attention to himself trying to shoot Trump while the real assassin took the kill shot, then easily escaped unnoticed during the panic.
View Quote

Mr. Rate: Would've been a bad job to take, though.
   Nick Memphis: How come?
   Mr. Rate: Whoever took that shot's probably dead now. That's how conspiracy works. Them boys on the grassy knoll, they were dead within three hours. Buried in the damn desert. Unmarked graves out past Terlingua.
   Nick Memphis: And you know this for a fact?
   Mr. Rate: Still got the shovel!
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#23]
This guy found some info on the remote control device found on Crooks

Shocking Truth Behind The Device and Bombs of Thomas Crooks

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45309/0F00916B-EB0C-4E82-B284-D8D93B575259_jpe-3278599.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:11:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyLoco] [#25]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Youtuber Benny Johnson just got back from his trip to the site. Said this building pictured (M&R Power Equipment) they hit with a range finder and it was only 300 yards away. They talked to the owner and said there was nobody at their site doing security on or around the rooftop during the rally.

(34:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vXHgjZs0j4

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32274/Screenshot_2024-07-27_at_14-56-31_I_Just-3278570.JPG

This is where they believe Crooks climbed up to the roof (59:00)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32274/Screenshot_2024-07-27_at_15-54-48_I_Just-3278633.JPG
View Quote

Around the 45-50 min mark is the most telling. His source is saying the counter snipers in the window left their post because one must have been ordered to search for Crooks on the ground then got locked out, the other guy going to help him. This matches what Paris, PA commissioner said but conflicts with the local da who said only one sniper left. This is smelling like Uvalde where the LE and sources are feeding a bunch of bullshit to cover their asses. I’m about to say one of those officers must have either been in on it or they were purposely pulled away to allow Crooks to shoot or to get their man, the real shooter, into position.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:12:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:28:52 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Holy cow, that looks like an original Polymer80 Spectre frame.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 5:28:30 AM EDT
[#28]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45309/0F00916B-EB0C-4E82-B284-D8D93B575259_jpe-3278599.JPG
View Quote

That rug really ties the room together, dude.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JohnnyLoco:

Yeah. Crooks could have been manipulated into thinking he was the main shooter’s backup, proving cover fire against the counter snipers, which is why he was seen fixated on the counter snipers with his range finder. Also the original 5 shell casings found would match the 5 rapid shots taken after the first 3 that nearly killed Trump, and the video of Crooks on the roof when the firing began looks like he’s not firing. Part of his role would have been to detonate the “bombs” obviously given to him which probably were dummies or junk to give him and his partner time to get out of the area.

For a little soy boy he sure had down his method of getting onto the roof quickly, however that was (even though cops couldn’t figure it out) and getting into the right position which just happened to have a tree partially blocking him from one counter sniper team but was in full view of the building with the window and “Greg”. Now the main shooter in the building would have perfect view of Crooks and be waiting for him to get into position before firing, which may have been accelerated by the commotion of people seeing him. The first 3 shots were the “kill shots”, coincidentally matching the amount taken at Kennedy. Probably pre planned. Why, probably he had to take his shots and get out of dodge, blend in with LE at the scene, and leave his patsy on the roof to get blasted.

If Crooks was obviously prepared enough to sneak into position with stashed rifle, use rangefinders, drones, ieds, remote detonators, he would have been smart enough to know if his ultimate goal was to get a precision shot on a target over a hundred yards away he would have also had a magnified optic on his rife. The real shooter probably did, but wind, stress, head movement is a bitch.

The body cam video stoppage for 13 minutes before resuming was when someone on the inside placed the three shell casings nearby.

I know it sounds crazy, but you couple with the history of the FBI handling and entrapping dimwits with how they acted afterwards, stories changing from the SS, FBI, PA state police, etc. No useful information about his internet history, social media, contacts, we can see that this was a setup and we ain’t in Kansas anymore.
View Quote

Makes more sense than anything I have heard so far.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Does anyone really call her that though?
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Yeah......excessively AWESOME!  

I'm going to order something similar for the home library, although perhaps slightly smaller.  But it's goin' up.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By DaGoose:
View Quote

I'm noticing the change of tides across multiple events where push back from the masses is proving too strong a force to combat with traditional narrative shaping.

Mr. Beast pedo groomer
Olympics Opening
Kamala's fake rise in polularity
Trump assassination attempt

The common folk are pushing back faster and harder than I've ever seen.

I think the Trump event is going to be one where the digging, discovery of new of evidence, and exposure of "unimpeachable source(s)" is going to be overwhelmingly handled by, we the people and we will ultimately be responsible, through sheer will, for forcing the few good people that remain in the DOJ to act in a meaningful fashion. Millions are at the point of "enough of the bullshit", if you're not going to do your jobs, we're going to do them for you.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Trump Assassination Attempt - 2nd Shooter? Sniper on Water Tower? New Evidence That's Being Ignored!
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Au4z3cwNo
View Quote

Benny Johnson was saying when he went out there he found out the water tower was under the control of DHS. I'm wondering if people denied to be up there on the day as we already know drone surveillance was denied.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:01:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#36]

Benny Johnson was saying when he went out there he found out the water tower was under the control of DHS. I'm wondering if people denied to be up there on the day as we already know drone surveillance was denied.
View Quote

Listening to multiple sound cuts and seeing all of the helmet cam vids, I'm 90% on the side that the shooter acted alone.

------------------------------------------------------------

On another note... I don't know about this one.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:06:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LittleBigHorn] [#37]
Originally Posted By Advance:

Listening to multiple sound cuts and seeing all of the helmet cam vids, I'm 90% on the side that the shooter acted alone.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Screenshot_2024-07-28_105756_png-3279144.JPG

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Advance:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Screenshot_2024-07-28_105756_png-3279144.JPG

What don't you know?   Look at Finks left arm, it looks ridiculous.  

Some of these conspiracy theories are getting outright stupid.  Lets all think before we post.  At worst, someone was in contact with the shooter ala Garland Texas (again, burner phone for a 20 year old like him makes no sense, the explosives tie in to this as well with the FBI's weird story on how they knew they weren't going to detonate).  At "best", it was complete LE incompetence with a retard that has been taught to hate Trump for nearly 10 years now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#38]
I have thought about this as well. If persons in the two story building were in on it. They groom Crookes beforehand on what to do, then stage his rifle ahead of time. Use a similar rifle as his to "assist" with the shooting. They let him into that building and hustle him up to the 2nd story side window that was level with the lower building where the entrance was. Crookes climbs directly out onto the roof with his rifle. Crouches over to the mezzanine and start crawling up the last roof. Witnesses said he used his phone at some point while over there. Maybe letting the other party know I am ready. The "real" shooters take 3 measured shots from the open window on the two story building and report they are going to look for Crookes before or after doing their part. Once they fire Crookes fires his 5 shots and starts to leave. One report I saw even said that he may have been shot from behind. Not sure about that, but it would make sense if his patsy role had expired and his groomer needed to toss three like casing over onto his position before the Calvary showed up, which btw were delayed due to gates being chained shut.  Its a stretch I know. But it would explain the roof, the rifle, and lack of foot prints anywhere on the AC units etc... its just an opinion and you know what they say about that
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

I've been away for a while...do we have confirmation about the shooters gun, optics, ammo, etc?

Last I heard he used irons. Certainly a doable shot at the distance assuming he was not aiming for the head (which would be stupid unless he had magnified optics properly zero'ed).
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By brass:

Without bloom from competing with ambient light and not a high quality optic instead of a Holosun or Eotech/Eotech knockoff?

Still, no magnification makes no sense for walking around with rangefinder.   Can he clearly see target? y/n  That's the rangefinder info needed for a red dot.  Seeing rest of gear is likely amazon/eBay/Chinesium quality gear, a knock off would jive with old DPMS rifle and cheap accessories that mostly work but not at the performance/durability range most members here would accept as not-junk.

Could get rangefinder, drone, and optic for under $500, even well under $500 if buying off aliexpress or other direct import sites.

View Quote

Yup. Unless he brought optics but removed them for the close shot? A range finder for under 300 yards seems silly to me but I have never used one.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I've been away for a while...do we have confirmation about the shooters gun, optics, ammo, etc?

Last I heard he used irons. Certainly a doable shot at the distance assuming he was not aiming for the head (which would be stupid unless he had magnified optics properly zero'ed).
View Quote

It looks like he had a basic Holosun.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:19:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#42]

View Quote

Not ideal but not difficult at all. Also a 1 moa dot is only covering 1.5-2 inches at that distance, his head would still have been wider.

Fortunately it's just some dumb kid that didn't know how to shoot and wasn't prepared. Trump is super lucky, that's an easy shot at that distance.

I was able to land a shot on this plate first try from 160 yards with my 9mm shadow systems yesterday.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:20:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LittleBigHorn] [#43]

Yup. Unless he brought optics but removed them for the close shot? A range finder for under 300 yards seems silly to me but I have never used one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brass:

Without bloom from competing with ambient light and not a high quality optic instead of a Holosun or Eotech/Eotech knockoff?

Still, no magnification makes no sense for walking around with rangefinder.   Can he clearly see target? y/n  That's the rangefinder info needed for a red dot.  Seeing rest of gear is likely amazon/eBay/Chinesium quality gear, a knock off would jive with old DPMS rifle and cheap accessories that mostly work but not at the performance/durability range most members here would accept as not-junk.

Could get rangefinder, drone, and optic for under $500, even well under $500 if buying off aliexpress or other direct import sites.

The range finder is kind of odd until you realize that this is some weird autistic tard who probably went to the range and practiced at a certain distance, being the range/club he went to with a 200 yard range.  He wanted to be within that distance of practice.  Now lets figure a red dot sight, probably 2ish MOA dot.  2 MOA at 150 yards is a 3" target dot, while laying prone, absolutely nothing wrong with that and an easy shot considering.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
because it was his dad's gun, not his. he used what was available  
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mcantu:

Minus the dad saying he sold it to his son.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:32:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DM1975] [#46]
Funny that you go to the optics forum here and say a red dot isn't good for over 100 yards and you will have a few dozen people telling you they can make 300 yard head shots all day long standing in hurricane winds while jumping rope with a red dot, but then you go here and suddenly it’s impossible and no one would ever consider such a thing.

Also it isn’t like Crooks was trained. His training likely consisted of shooting on a 100 yard range from a bench and playing Call of Duty. It makes sense that he would just use what was available to him. And the range finder? It was likely he was just simply trying to find some place within what he considered to be a comfortable range for him to shoot.

All of the speculation on this hinges on giving Crooks a lot of credit for knowing more than he likely actually did. To me it looks like a kid with a little bit of knowledge who thought he actually knew better. People like that are extremely numerous in any subject.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Interesting. The shooter has a dark shirt in this video. Smart to change up, assuming it was him. Looks like several people in the crowd and police noticed the guy as suspicious yet no one challenged him or detained him. And he is not black or Hispanic...what were they afraid of?
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#48]

There is at least one theory I read, that suggests he was the decoy, intentionally sent with poor optics, to inadvertently cause a mass casualty event, panic, and draw attention to himself trying to shoot Trump while the real assassin took the kill shot, then easily escaped unnoticed during the ensuing chaos.
View Quote

That would assume the real killer is a "pro" yet doesn't know about SS protocol to surround the VIP. Very doubtful to give up the first shot with no warning in favor of a further shot at Trump surrounded by SS and being rushed off stage. I dont buy it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JohnnyLoco:

Yeah. Crooks could have been manipulated into thinking he was the main shooter’s backup, proving cover fire against the counter snipers, which is why he was seen fixated on the counter snipers with his range finder. Also the original 5 shell casings found would match the 5 rapid shots taken after the first 3 that nearly killed Trump, and the video of Crooks on the roof when the firing began looks like he’s not firing. Part of his role would have been to detonate the “bombs” obviously given to him which probably were dummies or junk to give him and his partner time to get out of the area.

For a little soy boy he sure had down his method of getting onto the roof quickly, however that was (even though cops couldn’t figure it out) and getting into the right position which just happened to have a tree partially blocking him from one counter sniper team but was in full view of the building with the window and “Greg”. Now the main shooter in the building would have perfect view of Crooks and be waiting for him to get into position before firing, which may have been accelerated by the commotion of people seeing him. The first 3 shots were the “kill shots”, coincidentally matching the amount taken at Kennedy. Probably pre planned. Why, probably he had to take his shots and get out of dodge, blend in with LE at the scene, and leave his patsy on the roof to get blasted.

If Crooks was obviously prepared enough to sneak into position with stashed rifle, use rangefinders, drones, ieds, remote detonators, he would have been smart enough to know if his ultimate goal was to get a precision shot on a target over a hundred yards away he would have also had a magnified optic on his rife. The real shooter probably did, but wind, stress, head movement is a bitch.

The body cam video stoppage for 13 minutes before resuming was when someone on the inside placed the three shell casings nearby.

I know it sounds crazy, but you couple with the history of the FBI handling and entrapping dimwits with how they acted afterwards, stories changing from the SS, FBI, PA state police, etc. No useful information about his internet history, social media, contacts, we can see that this was a setup and we ain’t in Kansas anymore.
View Quote

Once we get some details on his rifle we will know more, but maybe he used a 3x or 5x prism and the large irons were for a closer use case.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Inside job.  We're not going to get anything definitive from the government other than 'it's still under investigation.'  They can't risk coming out with a lie/narrative that subsequently has new video released to refute it  They just want everyone to draw their own conclusion that it was the shooter on the roof.

Attachment Attached File

Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top