Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree with everything she wrote there.

Another term Tim Pool likes: “political refugees.” Ex-Democrats/ liberals/ leftists who wake up one day on the other side of the border from the “woke enoughs”. They ain’t center, they ain’t right. But they ARE politically homeless.
View Quote

If we're intelligent, we'll welcome them insofar as our objectives align.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Screw this bitch

Literally and figuratively
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

She should out every one of them.

Where were they when she needed them?  When we needed them?  And if they're driven from the paper, they're sure to be replaced with even less competent groupthink hacks, bringing about the paper's downfall even faster.

If any do survive, maybe they'll be more inclined to hang together rather than catch the gallows separately.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The message will be completely lost on those it is intended for.
Lol the people she intended it for are probably trying to arock the people that agreed with her in private as we speak.

She should out every one of them.

Where were they when she needed them?  When we needed them?  And if they're driven from the paper, they're sure to be replaced with even less competent groupthink hacks, bringing about the paper's downfall even faster.

If any do survive, maybe they'll be more inclined to hang together rather than catch the gallows separately.

She should file the lawsuit she's setting up in that letter and write a book about the experience.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing new here, Some Liberals are really Liberals & not Communist.
The Communist do not tolerate any dissent, especially from their own people; she will be sent to the Gulag with the rest of us if they completely take over!
As far as guilty or innocent!
10 drinks last call = not guilty!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Andrew Sullivan just tweeted he's been fired from NY Magazine. The leftists are jeering him on Twitter.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

WTF is with the dudes eyes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She isnt a super model, but 2am last call at the bar.......i'd do things

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8d/08/ea/8d08eaea9167c7e0cb5748b0cf22f2f9.jpg

I asked Alita. She said he looked fine.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
“Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.”

Sha-zam!
View Quote

THIS... this was probably the best zinger in the letter, and it really describes exactly what is happening on the far left, which has thoroughly infected most of the media.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It started with repeating Tweets instead of doing real journalism.  I remember a time when practically no one in college used the platform, but every celebrity, journalist, and most politicians did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This should be telling.  She's really a very left-of-center NY "centrist" but at least someone that can reason a position.  Center is now framed as the 'extreme right wing' and left is not good enough.  Left is now the 'right wing' and the only acceptable leftist is the complete radical frothing communist.

Really this is all the result of Twitter and social media.  Too many corporations live in fear of the Twitter mob and bend over to appease it.  The only power these groups have is what is given to them.  Ultimately it's a bunch of angry strangers screaming on the internet, no one should give any value to it but for some reason they all do.

Journalists love twitter, because twitter comes with easy to generate engagement metrics that can be shown to your boss because managers love metrics.

If you write a shit article that gets a lot of twitter clicks, then congrats!

It started with repeating Tweets instead of doing real journalism.  I remember a time when practically no one in college used the platform, but every celebrity, journalist, and most politicians did.

Yeah, that's another reason reporters love it. You can write a shit article without ever leaving your desk or picking up a phone.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I agree with everything she wrote there.

Another term Tim Pool likes: “political refugees.” Ex-Democrats/ liberals/ leftists who wake up one day on the other side of the border from the “woke enoughs”. They ain’t center, they ain’t right. But they ARE politically homeless.
View Quote

Hey, now, The Politically HomelessTM has been MY invention since 2016!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

holy shit, The Bee nailed that one!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Screw this bitch

View Quote

Exactly.

She isn't a "centrist", she just isn't the right flavor of progressive.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
She'll still vote democrat.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Can't she sue for the paper for allowing a hostile work environment? Because it sounds like they allowed her co-workers to harass her relentlessly.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can't she sue for the paper for allowing a hostile work environment? Because it sounds like they allowed her co-workers to harass her relentlessly.
View Quote

She sure used the words like she's going to sue over it.  She specifically mentioned hostile work environment.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Really good thread about this. I wonder if the liberals can pull themselves out of this or if it's all over for free speech, independent thought, and objective reality for the foreseeable future

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Her letter hints at the real News: the *loss* of the News is now *the* News, and the News cannot cover it.
View Quote

Ok, that is just too Zen for me, someone explain it to me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

They look dead.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Her letter hints at the real News: the *loss* of the News is now *the* News, and the News cannot cover it.

My take on that is we have propaganda of different flavors, but no real "reporting"   She has put that into the news, but they can't report on that without calling themselves out.

I think Arfcom likes people like Tim Pool because he actually reports, he has bias and spin and opinion, but he knows how to actually report
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is iron in her words of death so there must be iron in her words of life.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#20]
10/10 rant. hope she wins her lawsuit
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Meh....eating their own...don't care.
View Quote

And it won't be enough for them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#22]
We get free NYT paper to use for packing material. Its nothing but full on BLM, LGTBXYZ and Trump bashing, and not a dam thing outside of that.  Its so bad I feel guilty we let it touch gun parts.....

But then again, I get a great satisfaction telling liberals we love that the NYTs is a great paper for packing gun parts with.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Screw this bitch

View Quote

YEP

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Here is--a part of-- her interview with JR last year. . .

NYTimes Writer Defends Against "Fake News" Thinking | Joe Rogan
--a
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#25]
a local radio guy brought up some points that the media as we know it are in their death throws and are fighting to stay relevant.  As such they are doubling down on the very things people are being driven away by.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:16:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
She was on Rogan a couple months ago, she struck me as really stupid.  I can't remember what it was exactly, but I remember her using words incorrectly, she didn't know the correct definitions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dave Rubin needs to get that woman on his show ASAP.
She was on Rogan a couple months ago, she struck me as really stupid.  I can't remember what it was exactly, but I remember her using words incorrectly, she didn't know the correct definitions.

I agree... she sounded like an idiot. I honestly don’t believe she penned that letter of resignation.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:53:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I agree... she sounded like an idiot. I honestly don’t believe she penned that letter of resignation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dave Rubin needs to get that woman on his show ASAP.

Her trade is writing, not public speaking.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:56:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Her creation turned against her

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
She was there to be the OPINION EDITOR.  Hello.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She's obviously never worked in the corporate world other than the news.  The rest of us know that you do not speak your mind at work, unless it is to further the corporate goals.  And even then it better not criticize the status quo.  Maybe the co workers won't be as harsh as she described, but unless you know where the bodies are buried or are in a protected class, you keep your mouth shut.

And I said other than the news. HELLO. RIF.
Apparently, she believed she could speak her mind in the news room without repercussion.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

and/or DUH.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
She's obviously never worked in the corporate world other than the news.  The rest of us know that you do not speak your mind at work, unless it is to further the corporate goals.  And even then it better not criticize the status quo.  Maybe the co workers won't be as harsh as she described, but unless you know where the bodies are buried or are in a protected class, you keep your mouth shut.

and/or DUH.

And I said other than the news.  HELLO.  RIF.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You know how I know you didn't even bother to read the thread?

Nice stealth edit BTW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Powerful. He will be labeled as a racist and they will toss in the trashcan.  Doesn't meet the narrative.

You know how I know you didn't even bother to read the thread?

Nice stealth edit BTW.

Quoted:
Powerful. She will be labeled as a racist and they will toss in the trashcan.  Doesn't meet the narrative.

We have witnessed a transgender right before our eyes!
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#33]

stuff like that just makes me shake my head at her ignorance.  She obviously hasn't walked the dog to see what a 2A repeal looks like.

1.  She believes repealing 2A just magically makes all guns go POOF! into fairy dust?  I can assure her that the segment of society responsible for the vast majority of gun killings won't just hand them over.

2.  Has she ever contemplated what a world looks like where self-defense depends solely on physical strength and skill with a weapon?  Using pistol or rifle at bad-breath distance requires far less physical strength and skill than a sword, club, spear, knife, or nunchucks.  There's a reason why handguns were nicknamed Equalizers over a century ago.

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hilariously, she was writing articles that said Trump was okay with Nazis while her own coworkers were calling her a Nazi.
View Quote

she has a history of cancelling Arab and Muslim academics
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hilariously, she was writing articles that said Trump was okay with Nazis while her own coworkers were calling her a Nazi.

Muslims, which were allied with the Nazis.

Further proof that words no longer mean anything.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Anti-Semitism is Built Into the Scaffolding of Western Civilization?

according to her, anti-Semitism is built into the scaffolding of Western civilization
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

she was a part of cancel culture

now cancel culture is coming for her
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#38]
She is a centrist, very far from being an actual conservative.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMpLI8JnN0

according to her, anti-Semitism is built into the scaffolding of Western civilization
View Quote

she believes anti-Semitism goes back to the most important myth that Western civilization is built on, the Christian story
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Journalism, or what passes for it, is dead. And it's not just conservatives that are being canceled, it's anyone who doesn't wholeheartedly, at least out loud, agree with the Marxists. The old time liberals like Pelosi and Schumer have a tiger by the tail, and they're finding out that while they've been swinging it around trying to maintain control, it's taken their party and their entire establishment by the throat.

At this point liberals, centrists and probably libertarians are doomed. They'll either abandon their beliefs for Marxism, they'll try to make a pact with the Right (who won't have them IMO) or they'll be crushed under foot and canceled.

I consider myself to be a libertarian, and there's no future in it. Zero. You're either with the Marxists or against them, they allow nothing else. And the religious and far Right conservatives, while somewhat more flexible than the Marxists, probably won't accept most libertarian thinkers unless we adopt their narrative, which includes "Gay bad", "Drugs bad", "Abortion bad". Everything that's given the Left the power over us that they have today.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think the importance of her resignation as a data point is that she's a conservative (which she isn't).  The importance is that someone OTHER than a conservative is calling NY Times out for the thing conservatives call them out for -- for being so far beyond "liberal" that they are a hotbed of actual Leftists.

The other importance is that now someone from inside the NY Times is laying it out to the whole world how dependent on public approval the NY Times is, how they bend their reporting to satisfy Twitter mobs, and how closeminded they are towards anyone who doesn't toe the orthodox line.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Journalism, or what passes for it, is dead. And it's not just conservatives that are being canceled, it's anyone who doesn't wholeheartedly, at least out loud, agree with the Marxists. The old time liberals like Pelosi and Schumer have a tiger by the tail, and they're finding out that while they've been swinging it around trying to maintain control, it's taken their party and their entire establishment by the throat.

At this point liberals, centrists and probably libertarians are doomed. They'll either abandon their beliefs for Marxism, they'll try to make a pact with the Right (who won't have them IMO) or they'll be crushed under foot and canceled.

I consider myself to be a libertarian, and there's no future in it. Zero. You're either with the Marxists or against them, they allow nothing else. And the religious and far Right conservatives, while somewhat more flexible than the Marxists, probably won't accept most libertarian thinkers unless we adopt their narrative, which includes "Gay bad", "Drugs bad", "Abortion bad". Everything that's given the Left the power over us that they have today.
View Quote

I was with you in the first paragraph, but libertarians joining Marxism is
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Centrists" aren't calling for the repeal of the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#45]
She needs to fix her husband a sandwich and STFU.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

"Centrists" aren't calling for the repeal of the 2nd amendment.
View Quote
Some are. We exist in a tiny bubble, here.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Now read this to understand the people she works with.  She's practically the leader of right-wing death squads don't you know:

https://theintercept.com/2017/08/31/nyts-newest-op-ed-hire-bari-weiss-embodies-its-worst-failings-and-its-lack-of-viewpoint-diversity/

View Quote

I was going to post that up.

A New York centrist is a Alabama commie. But she is pro Israel  and that is unacceptable to the neo marxist.

They are really starting to wat each other.

To her credit, she did write and publish materials in support of academic freedom no one else would have. But still sees the Republicans as the real enemy.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

She's been "red pilled".
View Quote

Not even close.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Nothing will happen. The leftist puppets will still buy that rag and lap up the lies written within like a two dollar whore.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#50]
If a civil war broke out tomorrow, I believe journalists would be considered enemy combatants. I watched some TNT on demand stuff on TV this weekend, the commercial breaks were filled with nothing butt CNN propaganda, we're talking Joseph Goebbels type stuff.

I majored in journalism in the 90's in college, there's nothing resembling ethics anymore. It's simply a platform for activism and enforcing your will and beliefs upon others.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top