BCM
User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 4:39:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:

Now that’s awesome.

It also brings more degeneracy to light in the face of budweiser.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

Consumers' Research@ConsumersFirst

🚨 @TedCruz and @MarshaBlackburn  are moving to hold @AnheuserBusch  accountable for targeting children through @BudLight's sponsorship of trans-TikToker Dylan Mulvaney:
From Will Hild
1:00 PM · May 20, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsAf6jpTl_I
The AB bit starts at 5:30 into the video. Link directly to that section: https://youtu.be/lsAf6jpTl_I?t=330

Transcript from YT, cleaned up:

>> Brian: ... You are member of the commerce committee, i should say and you want to investigate what bud light was doing with dylan mulvaney, it destroyed a brand that may not recover. What's your focus?

>> Well listen, I can’t think of a company in modern times that has more alienated it's customer base and had seemd to have so little understanding of who it is that actually drinks bud light. But, but, this week, i sent a letter to the ceo of anheuser-busch, along with senator marsha blackburn because the ceo anheuser-busch is also the ceo or the chairman of the beer institute, which is the regulatory body, the industry regulatory body that regulates itself and one of the rules that beer companies are supposed to follow is that they are not supposed to market to kids. Remember joe the whole whole joe the camel thing, this is the same thing here. Well you know what? Dylan mulvaney, a massive percentage of dylan mulvaney's audience are kids and budweiser was trying i believe with this ill fated marketing attempt to target teenagers. If you look at things dylan mulvaney has online, it's things like "days of girlhood," uh there's another video where dylan mulvaney is singing "my name is eloise, and i am six," there's another one where dylan mulvaney is shopping for barbie dolls these are clearly things aimed at teenagers and even children younger than teeangers, which violates the rules and so we are calling on the beer institute to investigate the degree to which anheuser-busch knowingly was marketing to children in in going down this road. .

Now that’s awesome.

It also brings more degeneracy to light in the face of budweiser.

Now we need south park to do an episode on them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Still not drinking a beer whose owners encourage child sex grooming and child sexual mutilation.

They stepped into it. Now they can step out of it. Come out against it publically make commercials saying they are against it and donate millions to stop it. Otherwise go out of business.

They made their choice I'll make mine. It's not a hard choice.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 9:52:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LoBrau] [#3]
Originally Posted By colklink:

Its not even the mentally ill dude, it was doing it right after one of those folks shot up a Christian school.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By colklink:
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

There's been plenty of discussion about it.

The thing is, I'm not sure it's more than tangentially related.

I think the correct answer is the simplest one: Bud Light's dominant market demographic by volume (the kind of people that were drinking it by the case) is almost entirely straight dudes. Shoving Mulvaney in the face of that audience was always a terrible idea.

I would also say there's a big difference between the canned lager guys and the microbrew IPA guys, and the IPA guys wouldn't have cared as much.

Its not even the mentally ill dude, it was doing it right after one of those folks shot up a Christian school.

That's my point. It was an extremely raw nerve at that very moment, and bud light chose to be as tone deaf as they possibly could. If the can thing had happened, say, March 1st, nobody would've even noticed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
Group (one table of land whales) heckles comedian, storms out after Dylan Mulvaney joke

Mayr, who is known for irreverent and politically incorrect humor, shared video of herself poking fun at transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney at Hyena's Comedy Nightclub over the weekend. Mulvaney was infamously featured on Bud Light cans in celebration of the activist's "Year of Girlhood," despite being a biological male.

Mayr joked about Mulvaney not having top or bottom surgery a year after transitioning.

"Why has it been a year of girlhood and still no tits? That's day one," Mayr said, going on to suggest that if she herself transitioned to becoming a man, she would get the largest male genitalia she could find. "Why no tits for Dylan? I don't understand."

Somebody from the audience interjected, "Because he's a man!"

Mayr repeated, "Because he's a man," in agreement, but another member of the audience appeared to take offense and replied, "No! She's a woman!"

"Uh-oh," Mayr said from the stage. "We have one of those."

The comedian went on to say, "No, it's all good. We can all have different beliefs, it's okay. Some of us can believe in reality and some of us can't," as the majority of the audience laughed.

Mayr then declared, "This is America, we should have different beliefs, it's all good."

She later joked about how modern America needs labels for so many sexualities, "You're not bisexual, you're just fun at parties." The video she shared then zoomed in on the patrons who were offended earlier in the show, with one looking visibly uncomfortable.

The video cut to a later point during the show where the table of offended patrons got up and left the show, with one yelling, "F--- you, transphobe!"

"Is that the best you can do?" Mayr asked. "Oh, my God, it's so sad. Make sure she gets home safe, I don't want those women to get harpooned in the neck on their way to their cars," referring to the weight of the offended attendees. "There are poachers out there, they are going to want their tusks!"

She later posted that the offended patrons went on a "stampede" outside.

"Just FYI these 'women' went straight to management to complain and then proceeded to stampede (knock over) my merch table," she tweeted. "This is the conflict when it comes to comedy and Leftists. It's just not compatible."

Many comedians such as Dave Chappelle have faced public outrage and even violence for questioning transgender ideology in recent years.

Mayr told Fox News Digital this small confrontation speaks volumes about the battle for comedy in modern times.

"They can't have it both ways. Leftists want to be culture makers but also want certain groups exempt from ridicule," she observed. "If you believe in true equality then there's no such thing as 'punching down'. No group should be 'safe' from being made fun of. I will keep making fat jokes and trans jokes because I enjoy it and the crowds clearly do too."

She noted how while culture may restrict what people can say in polite society, people are still going to laugh at great comedy.
View Quote
That's actually rather promising.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Not far from me.

Bud Light Distributor Sends Out Public Plea to Bring Back Customers

A Bud Light distributor in Alabama issued a public plea to bring back customers who boycotted the brand after it produced a can with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney's face on it.

Steve Tatum, with the Montgomery, Alabama-based Bama Budweiser distributor, deployed a radio advertisement for several area stations, pleading with customers to purchase Bud Light again. In April and during the first week of May, sales of Bud Light were down significantly, and sales of other Anheuser-Busch products also dropped amid the Mulvaney backlash.

"We too at Bama Budweiser are upset about it and have made our feelings known to the top leadership at Anheuser-Busch," Tatum said in the ad, according to multiple news reports. "The voice of the consumer has been heard, and Anheuser-Busch has taken action."

'#BudLightPartner'

Like Anheuser-Busch's leadership, Tatum also tried to distance Bud Light from Mulvaney, a biological male who had posted the custom-made Bud Light can and used the hashtag "#BudLightPartner" in early April, drawing significant ire from consumers and conservative celebrities. Several popular country singers, including Travis Tritt and John Rich, said they wouldn't serve the beer, while Kid Rock posted a video of him shooting cases of Bud Light with a gun.

"We at Bama Budweiser, an independent wholesaler, employ around 100 people who live here, work here, and our children go to school here," Tatum said in the ad. "We do not, and as I said before, did not support this issue involving Dylan Mulvaney. There was one single can made. It was not for sale and wasn't properly approved. As a result, the Bud Light brand has new leadership.

"Dylan Mulvaney is not under contract with Bud Light. The videos you may have seen are Mulvaney's own social media posts that went viral, and many web-based news outlets have distorted the story. You deserve to know the truth, and life is too short to let a couple of individuals decide what you can eat or drink or spend your hard-earned money on. And remember, making friends is our business, not enemies."

Drop in Sales

The latest industry data show that Bud Light's sales dropped in the first week of May, falling by 23.6 percent in the week that ended on May 6, Beer Business Daily reported using Nielsen IQ data. In the final week of April, sales for the beer dropped by 23.3 percent.

"Trends aren't getting much worse, but certainly not getting any better either," Beer Business Daily wrote in a commentary on the figures.

Tatum told AL.com that he's received positive feedback for his ad campaign. However, he said there has been no response from Anheuser-Busch or Bud Light corporate officials.

"I'm just trying to look after Bama Budweiser," he said. "I've worked too hard to give it all away."

The distributor told Newsweek, "I felt like we had to get a message out there.

"We are tied to a corporation, but that's not necessarily our beliefs in our market here in Alabama."

Sales volumes for Anheuser-Busch products also dropped by 9.7 percent for the first week in May, a slight improvement on the 11.4 percent decline in late April, according to industry data. Anheuser-Busch, which has headquarters in the Netherlands, also makes Budweiser, Michelob, Stella Artois, and Beck's, among other beers.

'Misinformation and Confusion'

Anheuser-Busch CEO Michel Doukeris told the Financial Times in a recent interview that his company believes that the Bud Light boycott was triggered by "misinformation and confusion" circulating on social media and sought to distance his firm from Mulvaney. Doukeris said Mulvaney wasn't part of an official marketing campaign and that "one can" was produced with Mulvaney's face on it.

"It was one post. It was not an advertisement," Doukeris told the media outlet. He said the viral videos of billboards with images of the Bud Light can with Mulvaney's face on it were created "electronically," but he didn't address why Mulvaney wrote the hashtag on social media suggesting a partnership.

Initially, Anheuser-Busch USA CEO Brendan Whitworth released a statement that didn't address the boycott or the Mulvaney partnership. The company "never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people," he said in a statement, which was criticized by conservatives.

In the meantime, Anheuser-Busch InBev had its stock downgraded recently by an HSBC analyst who said the firm is now dealing with a "Bud Light crisis" of sorts. There are "deeper problems" than Anheuser-Busch would like to admit publicly after its marketing engagement with the transgender influencer became a hot topic, according to the analyst.

'The Tide Has Turned'

While some analysts and researchers say boycotts of large corporations are rarely effective, former Anheuser-Busch executive Anson Frericks said last week that the Bud Light boycott is actually working.

"Now, the tide has turned. A poll conducted earlier this year shows that 68 percent of Americans think that companies that speak out on social issues do it as a marketing ploy," he wrote. "And a study out earlier this month shows that Americans are much more likely to distrust institutions they view as politicized even when they take political positions that align with their views. In today's heated political environment, the surest course for companies particularly those in high-visibility, competitive markets is to focus on their brand and stay out of the debates."

Anheuser-Busch didn't respond by press time to requests by The Epoch Times for comment.

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Two dive bars I frequent have pulled their A-B kegs and put Grain Belt on them instead.

They said it took them over 2 weeks to drain the last keg and (wisely) chose not to restock.

The only reason they gave for still having BL signs up is that they don't want to have to pay $$$ to swap them out.
(getting new signage ain't free)

They would go back to their old Hamms signs, but, they can't get Hamms these days.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#7]
A few weeks ago I wondered if anyone would ever go after alcohol companies for promoting their brand to LGBTQ minors or even the mentally handicapped.

Guess I got my answer.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 4:31:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#8]
Originally Posted By OG1:
Not far from me.

A Bud Light distributor in Alabama issued a public plea to bring back customers who boycotted the brand after it produced a can with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney's face on it.

Steve Tatum, with the Montgomery, Alabama-based Bama Budweiser distributor, deployed a radio advertisement for several area stations, pleading with customers to purchase Bud Light again. In April and during the first week of May, sales of Bud Light were down significantly, and sales of other Anheuser-Busch products also dropped amid the Mulvaney backlash.

"We too at Bama Budweiser are upset about it and have made our feelings known to the top leadership at Anheuser-Busch," Tatum said in the ad, according to multiple news reports. "The voice of the consumer has been heard, and Anheuser-Busch has taken action."

'#BudLightPartner'

Like Anheuser-Busch's leadership, Tatum also tried to distance Bud Light from Mulvaney, a biological male who had posted the custom-made Bud Light can and used the hashtag "#BudLightPartner" in early April, drawing significant ire from consumers and conservative celebrities. Several popular country singers, including Travis Tritt and John Rich, said they wouldn't serve the beer, while Kid Rock posted a video of him shooting cases of Bud Light with a gun.

"We at Bama Budweiser, an independent wholesaler, employ around 100 people who live here, work here, and our children go to school here," Tatum said in the ad. "We do not, and as I said before, did not support this issue involving Dylan Mulvaney. There was one single can made. It was not for sale and wasn't properly approved. As a result, the Bud Light brand has new leadership.

"Dylan Mulvaney is not under contract with Bud Light. The videos you may have seen are Mulvaney's own social media posts that went viral, and many web-based news outlets have distorted the story. You deserve to know the truth, and life is too short to let a couple of individuals decide what you can eat or drink or spend your hard-earned money on. And remember, making friends is our business, not enemies."

Drop in Sales

The latest industry data show that Bud Light's sales dropped in the first week of May, falling by 23.6 percent in the week that ended on May 6, Beer Business Daily reported using Nielsen IQ data. In the final week of April, sales for the beer dropped by 23.3 percent.

"Trends aren't getting much worse, but certainly not getting any better either," Beer Business Daily wrote in a commentary on the figures.

Tatum told AL.com that he's received positive feedback for his ad campaign. However, he said there has been no response from Anheuser-Busch or Bud Light corporate officials.

"I'm just trying to look after Bama Budweiser," he said. "I've worked too hard to give it all away."

"We are tied to a corporation, but that's not necessarily our beliefs in our market here in Alabama."

Sales volumes for Anheuser-Busch products also dropped by 9.7 percent for the first week in May, a slight improvement on the 11.4 percent decline in late April, according to industry data. Anheuser-Busch, which has headquarters in the Netherlands, also makes Budweiser, Michelob, Stella Artois, and Beck's, among other beers.

Anheuser-Busch CEO Michel Doukeris told the Financial Times in a recent interview that his company believes that the Bud Light boycott was triggered by "misinformation and confusion" circulating on social media and sought to distance his firm from Mulvaney. Doukeris said Mulvaney wasn't part of an official marketing campaign and that "one can" was produced with Mulvaney's face on it.

"It was one post. It was not an advertisement," Doukeris told the media outlet. He said the viral videos of billboards with images of the Bud Light can with Mulvaney's face on it were created "electronically," but he didn't address why Mulvaney wrote the hashtag on social media suggesting a partnership.

Initially, Anheuser-Busch USA CEO Brendan Whitworth released a statement that didn't address the boycott or the Mulvaney partnership. The company "never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people," he said in a statement, which was criticized by conservatives.

In the meantime, Anheuser-Busch InBev had its stock downgraded recently by an HSBC analyst who said the firm is now dealing with a "Bud Light crisis" of sorts. There are "deeper problems" than Anheuser-Busch would like to admit publicly after its marketing engagement with the transgender influencer became a hot topic, according to the analyst.

'The Tide Has Turned'

While some analysts and researchers say boycotts of large corporations are rarely effective, former Anheuser-Busch executive Anson Frericks said last week that the Bud Light boycott is actually working.

"Now, the tide has turned. A poll conducted earlier this year shows that 68 percent of Americans think that companies that speak out on social issues do it as a marketing ploy," he wrote. "And a study out earlier this month shows that Americans are much more likely to distrust institutions they view as politicized even when they take political positions that align with their views. In today's heated political environment, the surest course for companies particularly those in high-visibility, competitive markets is to focus on their brand and stay out of the debates."

Anheuser-Busch didn't respond by press time to requests by The Epoch Times for comment.

View Quote

The only way they get to come back is to disavow faggotry and troonyism PUBLICLY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY.

But they won't do it.

So they're fucked, and they'll STAY FUCKED.

AB management was always in position to PREVENT THIS. Nobody is going to listen to excuses now.
If the TROON fucked up their brand all by itself, and AB is genuinely blameless, where is the lawsuit? Where are the lawyers?

Fucking crickets.

No, AB thought they could capitalize on this. So they let it happen. All out of greed and arrogance toward decades of CUSTOMERS WHO WANT NONE OF THIS SHIT.
Right there is the collosal fuckup.

Sell off the equipment for what they can get, and go suck dick behind the WALMART.
That's what they have left because they DON'T HAVE THE BALLS to accept responsibility, and admit this should never have happened, and that they could have prevented it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Not far from me.

'#BudLightPartner'

Drop in Sales

'The Tide Has Turned'

View Quote

Screw that guy.  He's just making excuses and is really just parroting AB's explanation.  He hitched his wagon to a major corporation who he bet all his chips on.  They decided to go woke.  Sorry for ya luck bro.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

LOL, the VP that was in charge of the whole mess wasn't even fired last I checked. She's on vacation. I feel bad for the 100 people who had nothing to do with this, but time to back a different beer. Maybe they can bring Yuengling to Alabama?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:00:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIASL] [#11]
Not far from me.

'#BudLightPartner'

Drop in Sales

'The Tide Has Turned'

View All Quotes
Not far from me.

'#BudLightPartner'

Drop in Sales

'The Tide Has Turned'

snipped from above (in bold) -

“…but he didn't address why Mulvaney wrote the hashtag on social media suggesting a partnership…”

So, why hasn’t InBev/AB/BL announced plans to take legal/civil actions against Mulvaney for misrepresenting their relationship if that is the case? If what’s being said is true, Mulvaney’s claim of some sort of partnership has caused damage to the toll of billions of dollars so why are there no actions being taken?

ETA: Not, thousands, not millions…talking about billions. Someone or “someones” dropped an atomic bomb on the brand. So, what’s up?

ETAx2: Also, distributors need to get really loud and in-your-face with InBev/AB/BL. It’s all good and well to speak to their customers, saying they are not in agreement with such a stunt but they need to focus that in the other direction. Don’t use that old “our livelihood is at stake” but ‘cause you know what…we all know all about it. They’re trying to preach how hard times are getting to the working class who live it in very fucking day. So, turn right around and get loud with InBev/AB/BL.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SIASL:

So, why hasn't InBev/AB/BL announced plans to take legal/civil actions against Mulvaney for misrepresenting their relationship if that is the case? If what's being said is true, Mulvaney's claim of some sort of partnership has caused damage to the toll of billions of dollars so why are there no actions being taken?

ETA: Not, thousands, not millions talking about billions. Someone or "someones" dropped an atomic bomb on the brand. So, what's up?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:29:43 PM EDT
[#13]
https://nypost.com/2023/05/22/bud-light-sales-plunge-nearly-25-in-latest-week/

Bud Light sales plunge nearly 25% in latest week as rivals steal away customers
By Lisa Fickenscher

May 22, 2023 3:24pm Updated

Steep drops in sales of Bud Light continued to worsen for the sixth consecutive week, plunging by nearly 25% since the ill-fated promotion with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney, the latest industry data shows.

Sales of the US’s No. 1 beer were down 24.6% for the week ended May 13 compared to a year ago — slightly worse than the 23.6% dip they suffered a week earlier, according to Bump Williams Consulting and Nielson IQ research. 

Even more alarming, industry experts say, is the negative impact on Anheuser-Busch InBev’s other brands, including Budweiser, Michelob Ultra — with the latter being the nation’s No. 3 beer last year with more than $3.3 billion in sales last year.

Michelob Ultra sales were off 2.9% versus a year ago in the latest week, in line with a drop a week earlier, according to a Bump Williams analysis of Nielsen IQ data. Sales of Budweiser, last year’s No. 7 beer with more than $1.8 billion in sales, were down 9.7% in each of the two most recent weeks.

Sales of Busch Light were down 6.8% compared to 0.3% decline the previous week, while Anheuser-Busch’s Natural Light sales were down by 2.8% in the week ended May 13 compared to a 2.5% decline the previous week.

Meanwhile, Anheuser-Busch’s competitors are guzzling market share with Coors Light up 23.2% in the week ended May 13 compared to a bump of 22.2% the previous week. Sales of Modelo Especial – the second most popular beer brand in the US with more than $3.7 billion in sales last year – are up by 10% in the most recent week compared to a 5% increase the previous week.

Bud Light has lost $110 million in sales volume year-to-date compared to the same period last year. The number of Bud Light cases sold was down 28.4% in the week ended May 13 from a year ago compared to a 27.7% decline the previous week.

The timing couldn’t be worse for the Belgium-based conglomerate. Beer is most in demand in the summer months and key drinking season kicks off on Memorial Day weekend.

“If Bud Light doesn’t stop the bleeding now, [it] runs the risk of losing the entire three months of the high demand for beer,” Williams said.

Anheuser-Busch’s 385 distributors are feeling the most pain, imploring consumers and businesses alike to look past the Mulvaney flap and understand how the backlash is hurting local businesses.
View Quote

Sales of the US’s No. 1 beer were down 24.6% for the week ended May 13 compared to a year ago — slightly worse than the 23.6% dip they suffered a week earlier, according to Bump Williams Consulting and Nielson IQ research. 

Even more alarming, industry experts say, is the negative impact on Anheuser-Busch InBev’s other brands, including Budweiser, Michelob Ultra — with the latter being the nation’s No. 3 beer last year with more than $3.3 billion in sales last year.

Michelob Ultra sales were off 2.9% versus a year ago in the latest week, in line with a drop a week earlier, according to a Bump Williams analysis of Nielsen IQ data. Sales of Budweiser, last year’s No. 7 beer with more than $1.8 billion in sales, were down 9.7% in each of the two most recent weeks.

Sales of Busch Light were down 6.8% compared to 0.3% decline the previous week, while Anheuser-Busch’s Natural Light sales were down by 2.8% in the week ended May 13 compared to a 2.5% decline the previous week.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/22/bud-light-to-buy-back-unsold-beer-following-dylan-mulvaney-crisis/
Bud Light to buy back unsold beer following Dylan Mulvaney crisis
By Ariel Zilber
May 22, 2023 11:43am Updated

Bud Light has reportedly told wholesalers that it will buy back unsold cases of beer that are past their expiration dates as sales of the Anheuser-Busch-owned brand have lagged following its disastrous marketing partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Anheuser-Busch is looking to make amends with alienated consumers who were put off by the Mulvaney social media posts touting Bud Light, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The company is planning to have Bud Light sponsor a veterans group for the first time ever, the Journal reported.

The brand will also be promoted in commercials that will play heavily on themes such as football and country music, according to the Journal.

Mulvaney, 26, who amassed a following of millions on social media who tracked her transition from a man to a woman during the COVID pandemic, posted a video on her Instagram account, where she was nearly 2 million followers, promoting a Bud Light contest.

She was given a specially designed commemorative can of Bud Light that included her likeness.

The posts sparked outrage as well as calls for a boycott of the brand, which appear to have resulted in depressed sales.

The controversy and Anheuser-Busch’s handling of the backlash appear to have alienated a wide swath of its consumer base.

While conservatives vowed to boycott the company’s brands, LGBTQ advocates accused the firm of capitulating to the outrage aimed at Mulvaney.

The fallout has led to two of the company’s top marketing executives being put on leaves of absence.

Nationwide retail sales of Bud Light sales dropped 23.6% versus a year ago during the week of May 6 — which was slightly down from the 23.3% decline for the week that ended April 29, according to data from Bump Williams Consulting and NielsenIQ data.

Sales of other Anheuser-Busch brands also continued to drop, albeit at a slower rate than the week before.

Those included Budweiser, down 9.7% versus an 11.4% drop a week earlier; Michelob Ultra, down 2.9% versus 4.3%; and Natural Light, down 2.5% versus 5.2% the previous week.

Meanwhile, rival beer brands competing against Bud Light — the No. 1 beer in the US, generating revenue of $4.8 billion last year — are grabbing market share at a faster clip.

Sales of Pabst Blue Ribbon were up 21.6% in the week of May 6 — slightly up from the 18.9% spike the previous week.

Miller High Life gained 10.4% in sales compared to an 8.3% bump over the same time period the previous week, according to Bump Williams and NielsenIQ data.
View Quote

Bud Light has reportedly told wholesalers that it will buy back unsold cases of beer that are past their expiration dates as sales of the Anheuser-Busch-owned brand have lagged following its disastrous marketing partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Anheuser-Busch is looking to make amends with alienated consumers who were put off by the Mulvaney social media posts touting Bud Light, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The company is planning to have Bud Light sponsor a veterans group for the first time ever, the Journal reported.

The brand will also be promoted in commercials that will play heavily on themes such as football and country music, according to the Journal.

They just don't get it.

It wasn't just the advertising. It was what it showed about your company, and what people have found out since.

The only way they could even begin to walk this back is to expunge the ESG nonsense, the dei nonsense, and quit it with the shoving what isnt' normal in people's faces ... you know, show people that they realize and believe they did wrong, and not just "oops wrong advert."
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By W_E_G:

The only way they get to come back is to disavow faggotry and troonyism PUBLICLY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY.

But they won't do it.

So they're fucked, and they'll STAY FUCKED.
View Quote

The only way they could even begin to walk this back is to expunge the ESG nonsense, the dei nonsense, and quit it with the shoving what isnt' normal in people's faces ... you know, show people that they realize and believe they did wrong, and not just "oops wrong advert."
View Quote

They won't do what might bring some customers back, advertising (statement) like this:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#15]
My local establishment has pulled out all of the ab kegs and replaced them with non ab products.  This is not going to turn around soon. They were doing $1 ab drafts and even 2 for 1 to try to empty the kegs. They finally gave up and just pulled them out. They are taking up space that could be used by a beer that sells.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Even though it costs a little more than ultra, I’ve been buying Flight which is now stocked at my local haji mart.  I have not seen a single person buying a case Of bud light anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Alien:
As far as I know, she hasn't even been fired yet. What kind of country do we live in where a company is unable to fire somebody (whether it be out of fear
or stupidity) who was so incompetent at their job they cost you billions of dollars and have threatened the future viability of your business?

They can collapse and go bankrupt for all I care. Sorry to all of the good people that have suffered from this boondoggle, but other companies need to learn what happens when they get in bed with the mentally insane woke cult.
View Quote
Maybe she really did have a mandate to change the culture from the top brass. Even so, why not stuff her full of money, sign an NDA and send her out the door?

I feel marginally bad for the distributors. Unfortunately they invested in something they have no control or say over, and this is one of the risks. Sounds like they should be organizing a revolt against leadership, not browbeating customers.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By NH556:
I feel marginally bad for the distributors. Unfortunately they invested in something they have no control or say over, and this is one of the risks. Sounds like they should be organizing a revolt against leadership, not browbeating customers.
View Quote

They should find other brands to distribute.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Allow me to simplify.

Translation: AB despises you but wants you to buy their shit anyway.

Lol
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Anheuser-Busch CEO Michel Doukeris told the Financial Times in a recent interview that his company believes that the Bud Light boycott was triggered by "misinformation and confusion" circulating on social media
View Quote
Very similar to how the Bud Light spokesman decided to spend a year masquerading around in fantasyland, in a state of confusion and spreading his own brand of misinformation.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe she really did have a mandate to change the culture from the top brass. Even so, why not stuff her full of money, sign an NDA and send her out the door?

View All Quotes
As far as I know, she hasn't even been fired yet. What kind of country do we live in where a company is unable to fire somebody (whether it be out of fear
or stupidity) who was so incompetent at their job they cost you billions of dollars and have threatened the future viability of your business?

They can collapse and go bankrupt for all I care. Sorry to all of the good people that have suffered from this boondoggle, but other companies need to learn what happens when they get in bed with the mentally insane woke cult.

because the lefty would go ape shit

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Boomer:

View Quote
It's not like they are not already set up to do that.

I would love to see the Yuengling brand expanded in my area beyond the basics
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#23]
He's pleading to the wrong people.  He should be pleading to the InBev CEO to unfuck this situation.
Not far from me.

'#BudLightPartner'

Drop in Sales

'The Tide Has Turned'

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By callmestick:
He's pleading to the wrong people.  He should be pleading to the InBev CEO to unfuck this situation.
View Quote
I agree
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

That's the bottom line: liberals are miserable and want everyone else to be miserable too. They can't stand people having fun or being happy.

I have a niece like this. Late 20's, everything so serious. A complete wet blanket.
View Quote

My mom, 80s, thinks that I, 50s, am a wet blanket making those around me unhappy by complaining about the deliberate destruction of western civilization and the rights enshrined in the US Constitution.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Corporate bigots are going to be ...
well, corporate bigots.

It's not THEIR distribution company and their mortgage payment.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By aggiesq:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aggiesq:

Yes, all five of them would.

They might even get a few hundred on twitter all riled up.

Of course, it wouldn't matter if they were 100% of the customer base for ab, what AB did was wrong ... but they don't care about that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

They can't. BlackRock probably owns enough shares to threaten management. They also probably have  lots of sway on financing sources that could squeeze inbev.
My belief is that obama had a lot to do with a bunch of this shit when he weaponized the doj. Settlements were made that let corporations get off lighter IF they'd donate to lefty groups. I'd also guess there were situations where his comrades also pushed to get their political cadre onto the boards of the companies.
----------------------
BlackRock is the world's largest asset manager, with USD 9.74 trillion in assets under management as of December 31, 2022.

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Oceans87:

Screw that guy.  He's just making excuses and is really just parroting AB's explanation.  He hitched his wagon to a major corporation who he bet all his chips on.  They decided to go woke.  Sorry for ya luck bro.
View Quote

What's he supposed to do about it?

We're talking about a legendary American brand that's almost 150 years old, and that only went woke very recently. There are a whole lot of businessmen and workers out there that have spent decades investing and laboring just for this to hit the fan, and this guy is one of them. They can say and are saying "we don't agree with this," but they still have to make a living.

Switching brands is probably a long shot at best for these independent distributors. Is he supposed to shut down is company, fire his employees, and sell his assets? What do you want him to do?

I'm all for consequences being felt by AB and Budweiser corporate, but these independent guys are getting killed by collateral damage, and they didn't really do anything to deserve it.

View Quote

Which ones? The other brands that already have distribution in their area?

These guys are screwed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Wake me up when they are at an all time low. They need to be ran outta the market and resorting to selling their piss beer at queer bath houses.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Not far from me.

'#BudLightPartner'

Drop in Sales

'The Tide Has Turned'

Because he (the distributor) knows that corporate AB/InBev is a dead end. They're committed to their road. He's hoping that a slightly lower totem pole position pleading might sway the gen pop.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#32]

We're talking about a legendary American brand that's almost 150 years old, and that only went woke very recently. There are a whole lot of businessmen and workers out there that have spent decades investing and laboring just for this to hit the fan, and this guy is one of them. They can say and are saying "we don't agree with this," but they still have to make a living.

Switching brands is probably a long shot at best for these independent distributors. Is he supposed to shut down is company, fire his employees, and sell his assets? What do you want him to do?

I'm all for consequences being felt by AB and Budweiser corporate, but these independent guys are getting killed by collateral damage, and they didn't really do anything to deserve it.

These guys are screwed.
View All Quotes

These guys are screwed.

They don't want to give up those sweet dental plans either, huh?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By norseman1:
Two dive bars I frequent have pulled their A-B kegs and put Grain Belt on them instead.

They said it took them over 2 weeks to drain the last keg and (wisely) chose not to restock.

The only reason they gave for still having BL signs up is that they don't want to have to pay $$$ to swap them out.

They would go back to their old Hamms signs, but, they can't get Hamms these days.
View Quote

If I were a smart salesman or marketing team of a rival beer, I would replace the signs for a significant discount or free just for the advertising. Imagine the positive press you could get for a few hundred/thousand dollars.  Plus you get bars pushing your brand.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#34]

These guys are screwed.
View All Quotes

These guys are screwed.

Sucks to suck I guess.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#35]
This is going to be brutal for BW and the distributors with Memorial Day and the 4th coming up.

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Are we still claiming this is a nothing burger for corporate?

Poor dude in AL just caught in the middle but still slinging BS. Yeah, right. One can. Not for sale.

Dude. Corporate doubled down and basically called the haters a bunch of unenlightened bigots.

Anyone who doesn't see this opportunity to finish lighting the barn full of Corporate trans straw on fire, is blind. Pull your head out of your ass and get involved in pushing the train off the cliff. There is a real chance at some momentum to get this shit out of our schools and culture.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#37]

These guys are screwed.
View Quote

If this small business owner had to lay off his employees, and increase unemployment it would make Jerome Powell happy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Anheuser-Busch CEO Michel Doukeris told the Financial Times in a recent interview that his company believes that the Bud Light boycott was triggered by "misinformation and confusion" circulating on social media and sought to distance his firm from Mulvaney.
View Quote

Mr Doukeris should not be allowed to speak to the media. He basically dismissed the concerns of his customers and said they are confused.
Doubling down on stupid.

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#39]

https://nypost.com/2023/05/22/bud-light-to-buy-back-unsold-beer-following-dylan-mulvaney-crisis/

They just don't get it.

It wasn't just the advertising. It was what it showed about your company, and what people have found out since.

View All Quotes

By Lisa Fickenscher

Steep drops in sales of Bud Light continued to worsen for the sixth consecutive week, plunging by nearly 25% since the ill-fated promotion with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney, the latest industry data shows.

Meanwhile, Anheuser-Busch’s competitors are guzzling market share with Coors Light up 23.2% in the week ended May 13 compared to a bump of 22.2% the previous week. Sales of Modelo Especial – the second most popular beer brand in the US with more than $3.7 billion in sales last year – are up by 10% in the most recent week compared to a 5% increase the previous week.

Bud Light has lost $110 million in sales volume year-to-date compared to the same period last year. The number of Bud Light cases sold was down 28.4% in the week ended May 13 from a year ago compared to a 27.7% decline the previous week.

The timing couldn’t be worse for the Belgium-based conglomerate. Beer is most in demand in the summer months and key drinking season kicks off on Memorial Day weekend.

“If Bud Light doesn’t stop the bleeding now, [it] runs the risk of losing the entire three months of the high demand for beer,” Williams said.

Anheuser-Busch’s 385 distributors are feeling the most pain, imploring consumers and businesses alike to look past the Mulvaney flap and understand how the backlash is hurting local businesses.

By Ariel Zilber

Mulvaney, 26, who amassed a following of millions on social media who tracked her transition from a man to a woman during the COVID pandemic, posted a video on her Instagram account, where she was nearly 2 million followers, promoting a Bud Light contest.

She was given a specially designed commemorative can of Bud Light that included her likeness.

The posts sparked outrage as well as calls for a boycott of the brand, which appear to have resulted in depressed sales.

The controversy and Anheuser-Busch’s handling of the backlash appear to have alienated a wide swath of its consumer base.

While conservatives vowed to boycott the company’s brands, LGBTQ advocates accused the firm of capitulating to the outrage aimed at Mulvaney.

The fallout has led to two of the company’s top marketing executives being put on leaves of absence.

Nationwide retail sales of Bud Light sales dropped 23.6% versus a year ago during the week of May 6 — which was slightly down from the 23.3% decline for the week that ended April 29, according to data from Bump Williams Consulting and NielsenIQ data.

Sales of other Anheuser-Busch brands also continued to drop, albeit at a slower rate than the week before.

Those included Budweiser, down 9.7% versus an 11.4% drop a week earlier; Michelob Ultra, down 2.9% versus 4.3%; and Natural Light, down 2.5% versus 5.2% the previous week.

Meanwhile, rival beer brands competing against Bud Light — the No. 1 beer in the US, generating revenue of $4.8 billion last year — are grabbing market share at a faster clip.

Sales of Pabst Blue Ribbon were up 21.6% in the week of May 6 — slightly up from the 18.9% spike the previous week.

Miller High Life gained 10.4% in sales compared to an 8.3% bump over the same time period the previous week, according to Bump Williams and NielsenIQ data.

They just don't get it.

First time ever, even worse, they sought to support Tran people before veterans.  Do they not have a communications department?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:

First time ever, even worse, they sought to support Tran people before veterans.  Do they not have a communications department?
View All Quotes

By Lisa Fickenscher

By Ariel Zilber

They just don't get it.

They do. Doing a bang up job, too.

That's the great thing about zealots. Right or wrong, they cannot help but preach their true beliefs. In their damaged brains, they think everyone else believes as they do...or at least should and will if the troglodytes can only be educated and enlightened enough.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Time to unhitch the wagons and find a new pair of ox to pull it with.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#42]

Mr Doukeris should not be allowed to speak to the media. He basically dismissed the concerns of his customers and said they are confused.
Doubling down on stupid.

View All Quotes
Anheuser-Busch CEO Michel Doukeris told the Financial Times in a recent interview that his company believes that the Bud Light boycott was triggered by "misinformation and confusion" circulating on social media and sought to distance his firm from Mulvaney.

Doubling down on stupid.

Oh, it was definitely triggered by confusion. Confusion on the part of some dude pretending to be a chick. Confusion on the part of advertising staff who thought anything about their influencer partnership ad campaign was a good idea. Confusion at corporate HQ about how badly they fucked up and whose fault it was. And some misinformation in there too. Advertising misinformed everyone that their advertising idea was brilliant and innovative.

Mr. Doukeris is just solidly mistaken on exactly who was misinformed and confused.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Human Rights Campaign removes Anheuser-Busch from best employer list
USA TODAY
05/19/2023
The Human Rights Campaign has sent a letter to Anheuser-Busch advising that it has removed the company from its Corporate Equality Index, which scores companies based on their policies for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer employees. The move was made following the brewer’s response to opposition to using Dylan Mulvaney, a transgender influencer, as part of a broader inclusivity social media marketing campaign. A-B may appeal the ruling, which would remove the beer company from a list of best employers for LGBTQ workers.  
View Quote

this is lefty firing a warning shot to AB.

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#44]
If you want this esg crap stopped, you don’t stop it by going after the people with golden parachutes. You take out the distributors and small/medium businesses that keep those golden parachutes golden. The people that have the most to lose should abandon the esg corporations or go out of business. Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#45]
So Budlight is saying it is all because "one can" ect.

So can i get them to make me a can supporting "365 days of  cross burning, gay bashing , jew hating, puppy kicking, AR15 toting ... (EVERY contriverial group both sides)" ?? I mean it isnt for sale and thus not bad...

Exactly , no sane company will let themselves be associated with a political hot potato that might alienate them from their customers.

You think LaRue would make me a custom AR lower with "Guns R BAD, SN Brady group rules" engraved on it? would i want it?

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Company needs to be broken up and working under new management.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:33:48 AM EDT
[#47]

These guys are screwed.
View Quote

It’s not an American brand and hasn’t been for over a decade. This is just more proof.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
None of this is possible because GD has taught me that nothing matters.  Nothing will change.  Just look at the biden news conference thread.  Every other post is the same.
View Quote

...and the sky is always falling.
There's a conspiracy for that.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:42:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wjoutlaw] [#49]
Originally Posted By norseman1:

View Quote

I went to Cowboys and Cadillacs in Amarillo Texas several weeks back. I just went to get out of my hotel room and decompress when I was sitting with my mom in the hospital. I noticed that the bar had all of their AB product  neon signs turned off. They were way over stocked on Bud Light and Budweiser. Nobody was drinking anything related to AB at all.  

This is the Panhandle of Texas. Bud Light and Budweiser are staples up there. My first beer when I was a teen was Bud Light. I grew up on it, and it WAS my go to beer for camping when it was hot weather.

All AB had to do to maintain market share was absolutely nothing at all. Just release a new America is great commercial once a year during the Super Bowl, sit back and count the cash flooding in.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By wrc777:
If you want this esg crap stopped, you don’t stop it by going after the people with golden parachutes. You take out the distributors and small/medium businesses that keep those golden parachutes golden. The people that have the most to lose should abandon the esg corporations or go out of business. Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas.
View Quote

This is the way

I am sorry for the people that work there though. Doesn't change my opinion and buying habits though.

So we're on keto and bud light made a zero carb beer. Not good, but at least I could have a beer again. Ever since the mentally ill person became their spokesman haven't bought it. Started making my own 3 carb beer at home.

And whomever the person above who talked about if it was just 1 person and not sanctioned by AB, why aren't they suing the shit out of him?
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top