Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 28
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Chevy Dealer SELLS $5.4 Million of C8 Corvettes in just 30 Minutes

Chevy Dealer SELLS $5.4 Million of C8 Corvettes in just 30 Minutes! *NO MORE ORDERS*

From the video:

Within the first 30 minutes of unveiling the new 2020 Mid-Engine C8 Corvette within Connell Chevrolet, they completely SOLD OUT! 90 Allocations for the 2020 model year taken! They are now already accepting deposits for the 2021 model year... This demand is crazy and continues to grow.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 12:06:00 AM EDT
[#2]
So if this one dealership got 90 C8s, how many 2020s do you think they'll make? That seems like a pretty good number.

I do really like the C7. But ever since the C8 came out and it's so sexy, I haven't really given it another thought. Kinda to see them sitting around unsold.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So if this one dealership got 90 C8s, how many 2020s do you think they'll make? That seems like a pretty good number.

I do really like the C7. But ever since the C8 came out and it's so sexy, I haven't really given it another thought. Kinda to see them sitting around unsold.
View Quote
Mike Furman, one of the top Corvette salesmen in the country, sent an email last week that he had more than 50 allocations per month (yes, over 600 for the year) and still had a bunch left for 2020 production.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 12:14:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I get the feeling that there will be some pretty fat discounts on the 7s though. Maybe not enough to sway everyone but I bet there will be some nice deals out there.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 7:10:10 AM EDT
[#5]
GM
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn... it's painful that I am not financially ready to pull the trigger on one of these. I want the spider anyways... but those will be gone the minute they are released.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Damn... it's painful that I am not financially ready to pull the trigger on one of these. I want the spider anyways... but those will be gone the minute they are released.
View Quote
meh, one rule that usually holds true is don't buy the first model year of a new design, and this is a totally new design.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Actually the first year C7 (2014) was the one to get if you wanted an auto. It had the A6. The 2015+ went to the A8 and they never got it working right with the AFM switching on/off. In performance mode, the A8 was a solid beast but regular around town driving kinda sucked.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Buy a first year, then trade it in on a 2nd year. You take a hit but tempus fugit.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Because the first year MR Corvette in 50yrs will be sought after on the Barrett Jackson and Meecum blocks.

Buy one and park it in the 6th garage bay at home, right?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Because the first year MR Corvette in 50yrs will be sought after on the Barrett Jackson and Meecum blocks.

View Quote
Only poor people have an open garage bay. Will need to expand the garage.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
In 50 years unless there is some miracle medical breakthrough that extends life, I'll be gone, and my then 74 year old son probably won't care at that point.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#15]
My son is at Road America this weekend and they have a couple there. Sent me some pics. Said the car is 10 times better than you think it looks in pictures. They havent taken it on track yet though. Probably wont
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mike Furman, one of the top Corvette salesmen in the country, sent an email last week that he had more than 50 allocations per month (yes, over 600 for the year) and still had a bunch left for 2020 production.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just called and left a message for Mike.  Local dealer wants $5,000 for a deposit on one of their remaining allocations and was vague about how refundable it is.  I did some research this am and Mike and at least one other dealer who are taking orders nationally are stating $1 or $2K and refundable.  Without final pricing and seeing one, I'm not comfortable forking out $5K thats not 100% refundable.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I brought this up earlier as a reason to buy the first model year.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Performance cars purchased and not driven are like guns purchased and not shot. While I get it, I could never do it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Production is slated for around 40,000 for model year 2020
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. Thanks.

Will the demand keep up and they up the numbers, or I wonder is we will we see the hyp quiet down and production drop?

They made (rounding down)-

37,000 in 2014.
34,000 in 2015
40,000 in 2016
32,000 in 2017
8,000 in 2018
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I do not need one, but if they are really good.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:19:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Performance cars purchased and not driven are like guns purchased and not shot. While I get it, I could never do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only way I could is if I could afford 2 of them.  Order the rarest color,  have it ceramic coated, drain all fluids, put it on blocks, remove battery and forget about it. Maybe every year replace fluids and start it and let it idle until it warms up, shut down, drain and forget about it.

Meanwhile drive and track the other.

Me, I can't even afford one though...
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:28:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I REALLY like the C8 but to be honest, if I had $60k to drop on a fun car it would most likely be a Viper.

These Vetts are going to be a dime a dozen in a couple of years.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Only way I could is if I could afford 2 of them.  Order the rarest color,  have it ceramic coated, drain all fluids, put it on blocks, remove battery and forget about it. Maybe every year replace fluids and start it and let it idle until it warms up, shut down, drain and forget about it.

View Quote
Make a time a capsule for it.

Tulsa County Buried 1957 Plymouth Belvedere

THIS NEW CAR WAS LYING UNDERGROUND 50 YEARS
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2cPBl6scJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMxxS4tRhLM
they should have built a tomb above ground...
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:13:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2cPBl6scJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMxxS4tRhLM
Yeah, what a waste.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:55:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That is the coupe with the targa top removed. That is standard. And not the Spyder.
View Quote
Edited.  See above/previous page.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I just put a deposit down on an allocation.  Sounds like I'm looking at June of next year.  Not what I hoped to hear, but it gives me a place to start.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just put a deposit down on an allocation.  Sounds like I'm looking at June of next year.  Not what I hoped to hear, but it gives me a place to start.
View Quote

Pic of empty parking spot?
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.   Not giving up on my Porsche Cayman GTS search, but it gives me options.  Never know, some others ahead of me might drop off.  Rep I spoke with said they will not begin regular production until Dec 2019, deliveries in Feb...so June isn't that far off.  $1000 and fully refundable, no obligation.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#32]
LoL..no. C8 is a far cry from a super car.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
We will see when the ZR1 comes out.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
As you well know, we both were talking about the base model. Like everyone else on the planet when mentioning the C8.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
0-60 < 3 seconds, >1g lateral. I'd call that pretty super.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#37]
C8 Twin Turbo rendering

2020 Corvette C8 Shooting Brake

Link Posted: 8/6/2019 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, it's not got the fit and finish or interior quality blah blah blah.

Some vehicles may be status symbols, but I generally don't care or like them anyway. Except a Zonda, Zonda's are cool as hell.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Found this one.

Twin-Turbo V8 LT7 Engine For C8 Corvette Z06 Leaked

Last week, GM Authority reported that the base model of the upcoming mid-engine Corvette C8, set to be called Stingray, will be powered by the 6.2-liter LT2 engine that will make around 500 horsepower. And now, less than a week before its unveiling, GM Authority has obtained new information about an upcoming GM twin-turbo engine, dubbed LT7, that is earmarked for a future high-performance variant of the Corvette C8, potentially the C8 Corvette Z06.

Continued
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Found this one.

Twin-Turbo V8 LT7 Engine For C8 Corvette Z06 Leaked

http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/GM-LT7-Twin-Turbo-V8-Engine-CAD-Image-Leak-Mid-Engine-Corvette-C8-Z06-002.jpg

http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/GM-LT7-Twin-Turbo-V8-Engine-CAD-Image-Leak-Mid-Engine-Corvette-C8-Z06-001.jpg

Last week, GM Authority reported that the base model of the upcoming mid-engine Corvette C8, set to be called Stingray, will be powered by the 6.2-liter LT2 engine that will make around 500 horsepower. And now, less than a week before its unveiling, GM Authority has obtained new information about an upcoming GM twin-turbo engine, dubbed LT7, that is earmarked for a future high-performance variant of the Corvette C8, potentially the C8 Corvette Z06.

Continued
View Quote
well that engine is going to be a spinner.

As you can tell by the plug tubes. It's going to have overhead cams.

Project Caddilac Blackwing Ford GT and Eurotrash car slayer?

Could you imagine what dropping another 50k into the C8 would make it?
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Saw the New C8 today at a local dealership, place was packed. Car looks great in person, it was orange with the LT2 interior and z51 package. I was iffy about the rear end but in person it looks much better. It's a really wide car, and the interior feels great and the seats were very comfortable. Driving position is great.

Attachment Attached File

Got a bunch of videos on snapchat but this was the only picture I got. Place was so jam packed it was impossible to get a shot of the whole car.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Saw the New C8 today at a local dealership, place was packed. Car looks great in person, it was orange with the LT2 interior and z51 package. I was iffy about the rear end but in person it looks much better. It's a really wide car, and the interior feels great and the seats were very comfortable. Driving position is great.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/485301/Snapchat-501475515_jpg-1045765.JPG

Got a bunch of videos on snapchat but this was the only picture I got. Place was so jam packed it was impossible to get a shot of the whole car.
View Quote
People have said, you take that badge off and its a $150K car.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw the New C8 today at a local dealership, place was packed. Car looks great in person, it was orange with the LT2 interior and z51 package. I was iffy about the rear end but in person it looks much better. It's a really wide car, and the interior feels great and the seats were very comfortable. Driving position is great.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/485301/Snapchat-501475515_jpg-1045765.JPG

If it didn't have any badging, and you didn't know that it was an American car or anything about it, you'd think it was a car that cost well into 6 figures.  It could pass for one of the Italian car brands.  There are very few details that'd need to change.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
As you well know, we both were talking about the base model. Like everyone else on the planet when mentioning the C8.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot more goes into a super car than just performance.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like everyone KNOWING it's a low production expensive to buy and maintain brand of super car.

It's not just the fit and finish.  It's not the engineering, or performance.  It's what you call in sales, "The Sizzle".  It's everyone recognizing it as a very expensive and exclusive car to own.  It's the perceived status this exclusivity conveys to it's owner.

If the C8 was a low production, hand-built car, made in Italy, with a price tag 4 times it's MSRP, that not everyone could afford to buy and own, and everyone knew it as such.  ...it'd be a super car.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
 ...it would be a super car.  
View Quote
Look here Queef, whatever car I'm sitting in, is fucking super!  

Link Posted: 8/7/2019 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#49]
The C8 is a supercar.

So was the C7 ZR1.

"But muh high price and low production numbers..."

Adding all these little side clauses makes you sound like the committee that decided we have 57 genders.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#50]
The fuck do people care about what anyone else thinks for?

That will be my supercar. Everyone else's opinions can fuck off.
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top