Quoted:
What the fuck does that even mean?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
where the food consumption habits of white people are normalized,
I thought it was racist that they eat junk shit because of food desserts and it's white peoples fault they don't have vegetables and stuff.

I'm so confused about what to act indignant over.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This

My favorite is when they put the vegetables on the table in the same box they came in, not even a stupid basket
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most farmers' markets these days are simply produce purchased from a distributor sold to unwitting white morons who like to feel good about themselves by paying 3x the price for the exact same shit they could buy at the grocery store.
*Snip*
This

My favorite is when they put the vegetables on the table in the same box they came in, not even a stupid basket
Or when they sell something that's not in season and doesn't even grow in the area.

That being said there have been rare times where I've actually seen locally grown produce at one of the farmers markets here. It's a small one and most of the vendors are kind of old and sell shit they make.

There's seashell wind chime guy, the bread guy, the soap lady . . . .

My friend sells the eggs her husband gets from his chickens, I go hang out sometimes.

Now it's "closed for winter" which is silly to me because this is the perfect time to sell greens and most of the stuff there isn't seasonal anyway.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#5]
The two professors are geographers not geologists.

Even our journalists are illiterate.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It is the normal liberal tactic of using stupid language to try and sound smart.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#7]
The farmers markets out in LaLa land all accept ebt and snap.

And the organic and locally grown vendors also sell at the swap meet for a 1/3 the price. Same produce.

Farmers markets are such a racket.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Every Farmers Market I've ever been to had at least one brown guy at it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#9]
What I read into it, is the professor went to a farmer's market, tried to haggle on the price of something. Vendor told him to fuck off.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't swing a stick around here without hitting a carniceria or mercado....wondering if those are racist as well...
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I have to LOL, because some of the best produce in my AO are from minorities.

We have a good amount of Hmong in MN, and in season, you can get some high quality, locally grown produce from them. You can tell their stuff is not mass produced as the veggies are not uniform, come covered in dirt, taste very fresh/bright, etc. A good number of these farmers are highly respected by local chefs and said chefs buy up a good amount of ther produce at more than fair prices.

So racist!

And yes, you have to be careful at "Farmer's Markets" as you will be paying more for the same stuff your supermarket has if you don't watch it. Here in the Twin Cities, the Minneapolis Farmer's market is notorious for people buying from local produce wholesalers and jacking the price up.

OTOH, Saint Paul's Farmer's Market requires the produce/product come from a close radius around the Cities, and they enforce it. The Market there is full of local produce/meat farmers, cheese makers, etc. who also sell to local chefs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#12]
growing food causes global warming & climate change
denial is treason
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Geographer, geologist,  either way, the only thing they know shit about is DIRT.

Dirt stupid and talking out of their field of expertise.

OK, what are their arfcom screen names?
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#14]
That very thought is racist to the core. In a free market anyone can sell their produce. Nothing racist about it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I need to get me a Mercedes van, Patagonia jacket, marmot beanie, Merrill hiking boots, 400 dollar jeans, grow some dreads and sell something organic, locally sourced, gmo, free range, cruelty free at these places so I can fight the capitalist pigs who create food deserts for the underprivileged.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#16]
But my friend who shops at the farmers market say it's CERTIFIED
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I must resist the urge to run one of these asshole perfessers with mah black truck to even out karma.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Come to think of it, they are quite boring to go to.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
But my friend who shops at the farmers market say it's CERTIFIED
View Quote

Oh my!  Certified?  Is that the Farmer's Market equivalent to confirmed kills?
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It is the normal liberal tactic of using stupid language to try and sound smart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was thinking most vendors aren’t set up for ebt.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Geographer, geologist,  either way, the only thing they know shit about is DIRT.

Dirt stupid and talking out of their field of expertise.

OK, what are their arfcom screen names?
View Quote
They're talking out their politically prejudiced asses but not out of their field.
This is a perfect example application of 'Geo102: Economic Geography'.
Geologists being involved would be strange.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm sure that these markets could swing their demographics with just a few selection changes if that is what the researchers are worried about.

$1 single cigarettes, single 40 beers, cheezzzy puffs in brown lunch bags (organic I'm sure), and some other stuff as others have said.  

Stupid study is just research trying to prove an opinion. They are just trying to drive their agenda.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
But, I thought we were trying to solve the crisis of food deserts in the inner city.

So, absence of fresh food is racist.  Presence of fresh food is racist.  Everything is racist.
View Quote
Would it be racist to suggest that the problem is with these people that continuously complain of "racism"?

That was a rhetorical question.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If you have to ask, you're probably a racist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have to ask, you're probably a racist.
LOL!  FASPNI!
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#26]
The observation is all
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#27]
eating vegetables is racist now.  wow
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Post number 344 where I say it's time to end the special classification of student debt and allow it to be discharged in bankruptcy court.

These idiots need to feel the pain in their wallet.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Another thing who wants to setup a "farmers market" in a predominately black neighborhood?

In a free market if there was money to be made it would happen. This is why they complain about the lack of grocery retailers in mostly black areas.

These retailers can't make money. They have high theft rates and overhead because of security costs. the same would be true for a "farmers market".

This does not even get into forms of payment. I bet you most of those "farmers markets" in the burbs don't take food stamps/EBT but can swipe a credit/debit card.
View Quote
The farmers markets here take EBT...
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#31]
People trying to sell things seek people with money to buy said things. No shit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#32]
All the farmers markets  go to in my area are Amish, I must be a racist!
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
the so-called professor has no idea what it means, it just sounds all lofty and erudite.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#34]
It never ceases to amaze at what vile comes from California. Seriously, it has to be the most perverse state there is with the mentality to let it go on. I know there are good people there as well but the liberal ideals that come from that state are among the worst. Thank goodness for the electoral college, otherwise the who country would be a Sodom and Gomorrah.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Everything is racist.

Just this morning, the Boston news said that the cities desire to change School Start times did not take minorities into account, and the ACLU is filing a lawsuit.
View Quote
WTF? what does a start time have to do with race? is the ACLU saying that part of the student body is too stoned, or hung over to get up by a certain time? Sounds like the argument against Voter ID. Gotta love a government that is wholly paternalistic.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Most farmers' markets these days are simply produce purchased from a distributor sold to unwitting white morons who like to feel good about themselves by paying 3x the price for the exact same shit they could buy at the grocery store.

Regardless, the professor is mentally ill and should consider suicide.
View Quote
This. I never buy produce at the farmers market - I’m there for the prepped food stalls.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Also most vendors don't accept EBIT or WIC or some other kind of government food assistance. Could they spend thousands of dollars to get set-up to accept these forms of payment even though most people that use those forms of payment don't shop there, yes. That fact that they refuse makes them racist.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Regardless, the professor is mentally ill and should consider suicide.
View Quote
All the ones in my area are run by the migrant workers with subpar produce that is rejected for sale to major buyers and from the farms they work on or stuff they buy in bulk from Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Racist, that hilarious and

The local Farmers Market is a true Farmers market. Before they allow you to buy a stand site they come to your farm. If you don't have a farm you don't get a site. If you claim your produce is organic you have to show the inspectors your certs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Of course, if you closed the "racist" farmer's markets then they'd complain it was a "food desert" and that minorities had no opportunity to eat healthy food.
View Quote
Great point.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#42]
This is like human centipede if it was made entirely of libtarded hippies, where the mouth of the first person was sewn to the asshole of the last person forming a complete self contained loop.  I will leaving naming such a creature up to you guys!
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Ah yes, SDSU. And, geology "professors". Just think of the thousands of dollars you'll waste sending your daughter there for her degree in post-modern gender identity.

You couldn't force me to go to some shithole college like that. I'd loose my fucking mind.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who knows because I regularly eat food that originated from multiple continents
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Every week during the summer there's a farmers market in the park by the State capital and most of the customers are White leftist and the vendors are Mexican. Time to shut this racism down!
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
It means your dick is homophobic
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#47]
California can fuck up anything it seems like.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#48]

I really should let all the Mexicans and Blacks I see selling & shopping at the one down the road about this.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#49]
The Progressives are eating themselves.

Coke, please.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Every Farmers Market I've ever been to had at least one brown guy at it.
View Quote
95% of the fresh food, and nearly 100% of the food cart vendors at Southern California farmer's market are taco benders, so yeah, racis.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top