Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Breaking news 2040.........Canada is now a wasteland of an imobile starving population.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This isn’t about ev’s or the environment.This push is too big.This is about population reduction and control.
View Quote

Absolutely, been saying that for a long time.  The climate hoax is not about climate, it is about absolute control.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Many of you are assuming that EVs will be the same in 12 years as they are now…

I am against government mandates, but that is not a good assumption.
View Quote

In twelve years a mandate to buy an EV is still wrong and some aspects make them unrealistic for maybe 50% or more of the US population.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess Alberta and Saskatchewan better start looking at their own path going forward. This mandate is a blow at rural and energy producing provinces.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No unforseen consequences there!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You are correct.
Any consequences have been entirely foreseen.
All according to the plan.

Quoted:
The future, a SENSIBLE future, would be hybrid cars.
Why?

@Antero
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Took the guns.

All electric coming.

Control the power.

Can’t have slaves moving around freely.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#9]
One thing is certain. Nobody in this discussion will be providing answers.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Edmonton is colder than hell in the winter.  They'll be a huge hit there.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
does Castro Jr. just run the entire place at his whim or something?... seems to be ramming through all the globalists most sticky, nasty, wet dreams onto Canada weekly at this point..
View Quote

Pretty much, one of the big problems with the Canadian system is that there isn't a lot of checks and balances limiting the power of the Prime Minister's office.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Many of you are assuming that EVs will be the same in 12 years as they are now…

I am against government mandates, but that is not a good assumption.
View Quote

My father worked at a research lab where I learned that most research leads nowhere but the little that does succeed becomes cutting edge technology 20 years down the road.
Battery tech now is based on limited natural resource materials and until we get cheap and reliable battery tech we are looking at a dead end for vehicle use. Even electric generating capacity is running against its' limits now, particularly nat gas generation. All energy sources have their appropriate uses but EV's seem very wasteful of battery resources.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Reminder:

They don’t care if there aren’t enough resources for batteries, or if an EV doesn’t fit your lifestyle, or that they’re too expensive.

The goal isn’t to get you in an EV, it’s to get you out of a car period.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Took the guns.

All electric coming.

Control the power.

Can’t have slaves moving around freely.
View Quote

This right here.

No one in the media, or the talking heads are talking about how this will impact rural, impoverished or indigenous populations, because it’s about controlling the population and they know it.

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Canada is fucking gay
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This right here.

No one in the media, or the talking heads are talking about how this will impact rural, impoverished or indigenous populations, because it’s about controlling the population and they know it.

View Quote

I work very close to the most populace reserve in Canada. A lot of these lib policies are going to destroy that place. EVs being one of them because their infrastructure sucks on the reserve, and the other being the push for digital currencies as a large majority of reserve business is cash.

Granted, the tax laws are vastly different there, but a lot of the rich natives and their businesses are not exactly above board.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#17]
ZFG

I retrospect, I change my answer to good. Fail at this experiment before out country does.  

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My father worked at a research lab where I learned that most research leads nowhere but the little that does succeed becomes cutting edge technology 20 years down the road.
Battery tech now is based on limited natural resource materials and until we get cheap and reliable battery tech we are looking at a dead end for vehicle use. Even electric generating capacity is running against its' limits now, particularly nat gas generation. All energy sources have their appropriate uses but EV's seem very wasteful of battery resources.
View Quote

Reality be a bitch.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Canada - every bit as left extremist woke and insane left as California.   Fuck Canada.   Our grid, and no doubt Canada's too, can't even handle the current load.  If every household has a couple EVs, grid demand will double or triple.   Even for those who couldn't figure it out on their own, CA already proved all that last summer and throughout the south central US during the recent big freeze.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Canada is a great country to move to!
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Cool, because as we all know, long distances and EV ranges are perfect together.

Young Mr. Castro needs to go.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#22]
What's old is new
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Wow Canda just voted for 3 of its provinces to secede due to insane bullshit.
This is Tornto smooth brain retardation applied to fucking bumfuck real Canada with 200  mile stretched before civilization.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wow Canda just voted for 3 of its provinces to secede due to insane bullshit.
This is Tornto smooth brain retardation applied to fucking bumfuck real Canada with 200  mile stretched before civilization.
View Quote

I hope they break away from the assholes in Toronto.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#26]
I am sure they thought of everything that could possibly go wrong, and have done everything necessary to mitigate bad outcomes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#27]

I'll just leave this right here. Mining Cobalt is a nasty little secret.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Insane. I have a Model Y, love it.  Also have a 2020 Accord Hybrid. The future, a SENSIBLE future, would be hybrid cars. Most of the time it’s running on the electric motor anyway, but when I need the engine, it’s there. It’s the best of both worlds.
View Quote

I have been preaching hybrids in threads, but the EV commies just say it is a straw man.  Guess they can't wait for that government control, autonomy scares them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Got this email a couple days ago.

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have been preaching hybrids in threads, but the EV commies just say it is a straw man.  Guess they can't wait for that government control, autonomy scares them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Insane. I have a Model Y, love it.  Also have a 2020 Accord Hybrid. The future, a SENSIBLE future, would be hybrid cars. Most of the time it’s running on the electric motor anyway, but when I need the engine, it’s there. It’s the best of both worlds.

Okay, Ill ask you the same question: Hybrids... why? We don't "need" them any more than we "need" EVs.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
does Castro Jr. just run the entire place at his whim or something?... seems to be ramming through all the globalists most sticky, nasty, wet dreams onto Canada weekly at this point..
View Quote

This.  The guy seems like quite a little autocrat.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Driving to a protest? Gov will shut off your car remotely.  Another pandemic? Can't break lockdown if your car won't start.  This is about controlling your mobility, period.
View Quote

Yep.  This and digital currency, and it’s game over.  We would officially be serfs again.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

They don’t care that it’s at it’s limits.

That’s a feature, not a bug.

Travel; even that of which appeases the climate change cabal, will be limited solely (and purposefully) to the Politburo and it’s chosen people.

When the energy restrictions come in because the grid is at its limits, they will still have the ability to charge their vehicles to do *important* government work.

The remaining population will not.

That is by design.

They don’t care about the grid, they don’t care about the environmental impacts of cobalt and lithium mining.
They don’t care about the cold weather performance.
They don’t care about the short range.

the intended purpose of all of this is to severely limit the ability of people to travel.

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Canada is fucking gay
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Eventually we will need walls on the northern border, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Let them.. and when their leftist society crashes... laugh.

Eventually we will need walls on the northern border, too.

Eventually?
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Na, some of us want a real car with real feedback. If all you did is hate driving and have short commutes, sure. Everything else? No, not really. My buddies new hybrid Honda doesn't really get much better fuel economy on the highway than my 20 year old V6 station wagon. In the city is where it shines. We both work ~15 miles out of town by highway.

Besides, I like exhaust noises (my little German makes good noises around 3k and wakes up the neighborhood with a deep growl on cold mornings with a stock exhaust) and I basically refuse to drive a slush box of sadness. 3 pedals or nothing. Life is too short to drive a boring car or to hate what you drive.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Ya god forbid the average American home has 2+ cars lol

Quoted:
This isn’t about ev’s or the environment.This push is too big.This is about population reduction and control.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

A sensible future doesn't mandate people to buy or not buy things!  It also would provide infrastructure backbone when pushing towards a different solution.  I.e. more electric generation and distribution,  and not just due to EVs but the push for electric heat / appliances / etc
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Definitely easy to remotely monitor and control an EV.  Since they're implementing other retarded energy plans I wonder how they plan to charge all of these thing year round?
View Quote
No problem charging EVs with green juice year-round in Canada.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I for one would really like to see how these things are doing in the cold weather.
View Quote

“They” don’t want you driving in the cold weather.  In fact they don’t want you driving at all.  If you want to make yourself go mad join Reddit and be inundated with the #fuckcars movement.  

What they really want is European style living where we are all good little worker bees who never travel, never complain, use public transportation and utilities, and spend all our money on local consumables like coffee shops and restaurants.

And… Fuck Canada.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Okay, Ill ask you the same question: Hybrids... why? We don't "need" them any more than we "need" EVs.
View Quote

Wife's hybrid gets 10 mpg better than the non hybrid.  Amazing since we don't live near a city.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It’s about China.  China is the world’s largest EV market.  There are over 300 and growing EV manufacturers in China.  China also controls over 60% of the world’s lithium.

Look around.  See those electronics? All made in China.  We’re fools if we think can can compete with China in the EV market.  China owns Volvo and GM is already importing Buicks made in China. This is to warm us up to the idea of buying chi-com cars.

Once our domestic automotive production ceases, our steel industry will follow.  Our automotive industry is the backbone of American manufacturing.  Without it, we’re done.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I am sure the children in the Congo that mine the cobalt are very happy to read this thread.

This goal is unobtainable until they find different minerals to build batterieswith..
View Quote

Don't be such a Debbie Downer...  After all, we have 5% of the total mineral content we need to fulfill the EV dream, so how bad can it be? You'll just have to get used to walking.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Not possible.
View Quote
If the outcome is to be "Freezing in the Dark" that's a good start.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Every time I drive by a gas station in my lightning I giggle  like a little girl flipping it off.

Truck does everything I want and its why I purchased it,

3 bucks to fill it at home compared to 60+
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Hybrid, eh.   That seems like a compromise that acknowledges the EV craziness but provides some actual relief from the worst problems of the all-in vehicles.

Me, I want to see a manufacturer offer a gasoline car, no black box, no subscription features, no wifi, no bluetooth, no nothing.  Put the key in and drive.  

lol.  Ain't holding my breath.  The used car market seems better and better.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Good. Excellent! Most outstanding!

The brain dead idiots in the U.S. that think electricity just comes out of the wall need a real world example of why this is a terrible idea at this time, and they need it quick, and in a place that can be compared to the U.S.

Do it, Canada. When half your population freezes to death because of country-wide blackouts in 2040, or the economy collapses because nobody can charge their car and go to work in July, maybe... MAYBE... it will sink into the brains of enough liberals to stop that shit here until the technology is ready.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#48]
sounds good unless you grew up in the 70's without all that shit and no ac no power steering yep wonder years

Quoted:
Hybrid, eh.   That seems like a compromise that acknowledges the EV craziness but provides some actual relief from the worst problems of the all-in vehicles.

Me, I want to see a manufacturer offer a gasoline car, no black box, no subscription features, no wifi, no bluetooth, no nothing.  Put the key in and drive.  

lol.  Ain't holding my breath.  The used car market seems better and better.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey, how do you like my new not-a-car?

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Not worried.

Just a commie trying to stay relevant.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top