Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Suddenly another state will receive all the registration fees CO used to get on those vehicles.
View Quote

I’m going to buy stock in a Montana P.O. Box company…

And, OP, don’t you know that civilians don’t need military grade vehicles. Only the military needs them. And every Federal Agency with a SWAT Team. And every cop department in the state….

TC
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Pepperidge Farms remembers the VW diesel recall. I relinquished (sold back) my Jetta even though I could have kept it. I was afraid the state would disallow registration of such a heinous polluter and I couldn't be stuck with that. I really liked that car. Fuckers.
View Quote

How's this for a shit deal:

I used the cash from the diesel VW buyback to buy my Humvee.  Ended up getting fucked twice by government.

Almost 3 times after I was going to buy an imported turbo diesel 4Runner as a daily driver.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What was the reasoning?
View Quote

Im guessing that because they were exempted from emissions and crash standards for military service it somehow makes the vehicle unsafe for civilians. They should at least allow them to be registered as historical vehicles
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Im guessing that because they were exempted from emissions and crash standards for military service it somehow makes the vehicle unsafe for civilians. They should at least allow them to be registered as historical vehicles
View Quote

This was what I was trying to convince the VA transportation committee about.  The reality that military vehicles are basically antique vehicles frozen in time and produced for sometimes longer periods of time.  So they should be treated like antique vehicles with options to register as normal or not.

None of them had time to bother with understanding the issue.  And the state police already had a plan whether the bill passed or not to disqualify them from inspection.

They changed the administrative code a month before the senate hearings to change the inspection program from "make sure vehicles are mechanically safe to use" to "make sure of that but also make sure they comply completely with the FMVSS".  Not even the senators knew of this change, nor did I at the time.  It took 4 years for the state police to follow through and send the orders to inspection stations.

The senators didn't care enough about it to do anything.

They voted on 13 bills that day, I think.  They didn't care about any of them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What was the reasoning?
View Quote

muh climbat chanj im shore...

well, jokes on them, they still run and drive, keeep drivin em, if the ypull ya over, just ID as a transvestite, pedo, black person, and they wont mess with you
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ll be across the border in Cheyenne soon enough if anyone wants to sell me their K5 CUCV.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So, not only do they not read and/or understand the bills they are simply voting for they go a step further and say, "This is a great bill and I will help bring it to the floor!".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty sure this will get appealed, overturned/amended in regards to H1 owners, if not others as well.

https://gazette.com/news/local/colorado-legislators-question-dmvs-targeting-of-historic-military-vehicles/article_4c917e00-b834-11ec-ac54-6f7dee8d81b6.html

A few snips from the article.

Rep. Donald Valdez, one of the sponsors of SB19-054, told The Denver Gazette he never intended for existing registered military vehicles to have their titles effectively revoked.

"I believe the intent was to register military vehicles, but in that aspect, I was talking with the Colorado Public Safety and Department of Revenue and at that time they wanted to allow only for historical (military vehicles) and also for use for certain events," he said.

Asked if the statute as the DMV is interpreting it should be reviewed, Valdez said, "Absolutely."

Rep. Patrick Neville, who signed on as a co-sponsor, said he cannot recall any discussion indicating an intent that the law be used to revoke titles and removed licensed vehicles from the roads.

"I mean if there was discussion about revoking titles, the bill was supposed to make it more permissive, not less permissive," Neville said.

Sen. Jerry Sonnenberg, who was also a co-sponsor of the 2019 law, told The Denver Gazette, "I don't support their interpretation."

So, not only do they not read and/or understand the bills they are simply voting for they go a step further and say, "This is a great bill and I will help bring it to the floor!".

That's how I took it.  Makes those fools look like they didn't read the bill.  We all know they never read them, but they usually don't admit.  

Remember "We have to pass the bill to find out what's inside!"
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Suck it Colorado DMV

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nice job you liberal fucks.
Colorado DMV just revoked the titles to all military surplus vehicles. They will only be issued an "ORV" (Off Road Vehicle.) title.
This includes HMMV vehicles even if it was purchased from a dealer as a civilian vehicle when new.
You spent $70k on a brand new Hummvee H1 from your local Chevy dealer when they came out?
Fuck you, you can't drive it on the street anymore.
Bought a surplus HMMV and spent $50k to put it back together correctly?
Got grandpas flat fender Jeep he bought as surplus after WWII and restored it?

No more surplus vehicles in parades either.
This was a silent and sudden law.
"Arbitrary and Capricious" anybody?

Fuck you Military Vehicle Owners

3. Can any Surplus military vehicle be registered for on road use?
The only surplus military vehicles that can be registered for on-road use are vehicles that are leased or owned by a municipality, county or fire protection district for the purposes of assisting with firefighting efforts, including mitigating the risk of wildfires.
View Quote

What about the surplus .mil vehicles LE agencies have?
8. I currently have a M998 (HMMWV) registered with a Colorado license plate. What will happen with that registration?
The registration will be permitted to remain until it expires at which time it cannot be renewed or you can cancel it you will be eligible for a credit for another vehicle that you own. This credit is valid until the end of the registration period of the Surplus Military Vehicle. No refunds will be issued. The currently issued title will be replaced with an OHV title, and will be mailed to you at no additional charge.
View Quote

You want Killdozer?
This is how you get Killdozer.

Fucking pricks

View Quote
Wow.....

This is the first I've heard of this.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Have you seen our air lately? Really, you can see it. It seems worse than the 80s before emissions standards hit, brown and soupy. They need to do something to get all the crap off the roads and  hopefully this is just a small almost meaningless first step. I bet in 5 years I wont even be able to drive my vehicle(V8)
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#12]
If they wanted to, I guess they could use the same excuse to ban all jeeps through the cj line as well.  I do not know if our military used any YJ's and TJ's - apparently a few JK's were purchased, so throw those in too if you want to.  Might as well add the Dodge and Chevy trucks they used as well.
---
I took the smaller check and keep my VW diesel.  No problems keeping it registered in Texas
---
Where I live, our air quality is generally imported from Mexico.  Mexico still burns sugarcane fields - so we get smoke from that fairly regularly.  The other main pollutants are dust from gravel roads and pollen.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#13]
So sue them. Was a reason given? Were transparency laws broken? Don't care unless people fight back.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#14]
hahhaa,, you let all those liberals in, elect all the liberal leaders and then wonder why me world,, why me

Its all fun and games until somebody can't register their MIL surplus vehicle.

Same thing is going to happen to this country as a whole, allowing millions of unregestered illegals crossing our borders, but nobody seems to care enough to do anything about it
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
hahhaa,, you let all those liberals in, elect all the liberal leaders and then wonder why me world,, why me

Its all fun and games until somebody can't register their MIL surplus vehicle.

Same thing is going to happen to this country as a whole, allowing millions of unregestered illegals crossing our borders, but nobody seems to care enough to do anything about it
View Quote

Do you have any great suggestions as to how anybody might stop either the flood of californians or the flood across the southern border?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No, the civilian H1 for road plates was sold with a petrol engine (5.7-liter gas V-8) that was smog legal.

Its just the military surplus diesels that where never smog legal to begin with, that you can not get plates for to drive the roads, and the same reason that you can not import a Toyota Hilux diesel into the states for the same reason.
View Quote

Are you claiming there are no civilian H1s with a diesel?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Lol, we are not even close. You should see the voting results from last election.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got news for Ya'll...... MONTANA is one of the next to fall into commie majority.

Lol, we are not even close. You should see the voting results from last election.

You now have legal weed and hippies fleeing states like crazy heading into Montana because of it
If you can stay red longer than 8 years I’ll be shocked

I wish the best for you because your my neighbor to the north but, I’m not convinced your gonna keep it for long
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Pepperidge Farms remembers the VW diesel recall. I relinquished (sold back) my Jetta even though I could have kept it. I was afraid the state would disallow registration of such a heinous polluter and I couldn't be stuck with that. I really liked that car. Fuckers.
View Quote
#metoo I went back to a MKIV ALH TDI. Black smoke everywhere but at least it isn't a cheater clean diesel
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Stop complying
Our enemies rule us...wake up
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I would keep driving that shit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I will gladly give a Blazer CUCV a good home.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Guessing tree hugger feel good BS?

The carve out for municipalities is a nice touch though.

Liberals should FOAD.
View Quote

Any law that has a carve out or exception for LE, County, State or Federal, or politicians, judges, etc, is no law at all.

The laws must apply to all equally, or not at all.  Founders were pretty clear, and all it takes is united citizens standing up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I predict there are going to be a gang of newly registered Montana business vehicles in Colorado...
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

One way to get around CO BS is to form a trust and list the address of the trust in MT and put the vehicles in the trust.  You get pulled over, you hand the LEO the registration showing the owner of the vehicle is an MT trust and you explain you're just using the vehicle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you register it in a neighboring state?

You can, but then the State of Colorado will go after you for not registering your vehicle/paying sales tax in Colorado per State Law.

One way to get around CO BS is to form a trust and list the address of the trust in MT and put the vehicles in the trust.  You get pulled over, you hand the LEO the registration showing the owner of the vehicle is an MT trust and you explain you're just using the vehicle.

I’ll venture a guess that CO Vehicle Code already requires vehicles primarily used in CO to be registered in CO. If it already isn’t the case it soon will be….

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#25]
MT LLC.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#26]
What's that colorado?

You said you want to split the state and lose the part split off to another state?

West virginia did it. Colorado can do it too. All you have to do is have the guts to do it.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I wonder if the guys with the PzIII out there are going to stop using the roads?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I would keep driving that shit.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Good thing the MVCC is right on top of this!

Right? Guys? Hey, anyone home?

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What's that colorado?

You said you want to split the state and lose the part split off to another state?

https://www.pamallison.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Colorado-Politics.jpg

West virginia did it. Colorado can do it too. All you have to do is have the guts to do it.

View Quote

Well, you also need the consent of Congress to form a new state from the territories of existing states.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What was the reasoning?
View Quote

Commies took over about 20 years ago.

Non commies likely own those vehicles, and commies don't like to see symbols of nonconformity.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#32]
For certain people here.

THEN MOVE TO A FREE STATE.

Oh wait Colorado was a free state before the liberal locusts……..
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Time to get an old military vehicle freedom parade/convoy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#34]
LOL
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Well, you also need the consent of Congress to form a new state from the territories of existing states.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's that colorado?

https://www.pamallison.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Colorado-Politics.jpg

And yet I don't think california or the left coast ask the federal government pretty please on all the laws they ignore.

Legality doesn't define things in the union now. Someone will eventually decide to jump on the leftist bandwagon and start the nullification/robust federalism/secession train going without one care what anyone else says.

The left just keeps pushing and pushing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I left Colorado 3 years ago after having lived there 35 years. Whenever I feel a little homesick for Colorado I remember shit like this. Colorado is not what it used to be.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Liberals should FOAD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What was the reasoning?

Liberals should FOAD.
Cops need to keep their MRAPs
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Attach smv triangle, drive it anyway. No officer, this is farm equipment, for farming.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#39]
you will own nothing
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Horrible.  I can't believe that it includes H1s.  They have full DOT approval like any other passenger vehicle.
View Quote

Probably includes jeeps too.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I left Colorado 3 years ago after having lived there 35 years. Whenever I feel a little homesick for Colorado I remember shit like this. Colorado is not what it used to be.
View Quote

Stay gone my friend. I was able to escape for a year. Then got sucked back in due to personal issues.

You wouldn’t believe how shitty the Denver area has gotten.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Register out of state to get around bullshit.

Like Vermont
Ask me how I know
View Quote

My first thought.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#44]
This is tyranny.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:18:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Need to form an llc in kansas. Plate vehicles in kansas. Tell CO to fuck off
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:22:23 PM EDT
[#46]
But it’s safe enough for municipalities to use

Easy work around is to use dirt legal to register in Vermont or Montana.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What was the reasoning?

Liberals should FOAD.

I've seen armored rigs mentioned several times in here. Those can't be sold as surplus right? Nothing with armor was what I thought the rules said.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#48]
So if they are no longer road legal then I guess its ok to drive straight through those dumbass politicians yards instead?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Reasoning?
View Quote
Military service = Conservative
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:17:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/PZBYOze.jpg

Fuck all that! I would drive them up the state capitol steps. The old vets at the local VFW would be pissed if I couldn't bring my trucks to the local parades for them to ride in. The Memorial Day Parade was dying off as the older guys could no longer make the march through town to the cemetery until I started bringing my trucks. Now it's one of the largest parades in our county.
View Quote
That is a sweet collection
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top