Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
People are so fn stupid
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Title is completely fucking misleading.

Line cutter is the guy that pulled out a crowbar from his trunk, which then provoked the guy complaining about the line cutting to pull his gun.

Good draw.

View Quote

By the way, not sure if other cities have become this way but out here, line cutters are everywhere and seriously annoying.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I want to know how a guy cuts in line at costco Gas.

It usually looks like this, did he just drive up the middle and then force his way in? That's a serious dick move.

And that was a good draw, fucker pulled a deadly weapon and could have been killed. Instead the gun was the equalizer.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I like Costco but I never buy gas there. The station is stupid as for the most part only half the pumps are in use and they have a pump Nazi. 70% of vehicles have filler on the drivers side.
View Quote
You can't use Mastercard on their pumps either.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:25:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Is shit like this why they started putting the barriers in the aisle between the pumps?

I have seen these in Chicagoland and southern Wisconsin. Are they anywhere else?
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Uh oh someone doesn't like zipper merging
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is normal according to ARFCOM, the guy was just merging into traffic and should be allowed to cut in wherever he wants.

You mean cutting in line ?
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm gonna go with bad idea confronting strangers over frivilous shit especially while armed.

Looks like armed dude started the confrontation quite aggressively. Does it usually work?
View Quote

Never confront anyone over anything. Democrats are depending on that.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I like Costco but I never buy gas there. The station is stupid as for the most part only half the pumps are in use and they have a pump Nazi. 70% of vehicles have filler on the drivers side.
View Quote

That’s what you got from watching the video?
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#10]
What video did you guys watch where you saw the OC guy be aggressive?   Pointing to where the line was that the guy bypassed , is that what you view as aggressive?

The linecutter went back inside his car and popped the trunk and then retrieved a collapsible baton from a sheath on a belt from the trunk, and then attempts to either threaten or assault the OC guy with the baton for telling him he's an inconsiderate asshole.  This is after the OC guy has started to walk away from the conversation.

Was it a good idea to tell the linecutter he's an asshole? Probably not, but in WA words alone (not verbal threats, but words like "you're an asshole/hey shithead, you cut in line") do not make the person the initial aggressor. The guy pulling out a baton would make him the aggressor and well within the OC guy's perception of being a deadly threat.

Would he be charged for shooting him ? All going to depend on the jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Good draw, but should've bounced when dude showed he was unstable

Quoted:

View Quote

Right? You have a yield sign, fuck off and wait. Someone far more knowledgeable than you, at traffic control devices, put it there for a reason.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

And, that's why Costco uses extra long hoses on their dispensers. You can reach the far side of your vehicle from any dispenser.

The extra length is contained by a spring loaded cable to keep the extra hose out of the way when not needed.

My filler is on the left side but I have no problem getting gas from the left side of the dispenser when I pull up to it on my right.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is shit like this why they started putting the barriers in the aisle between the pumps?

I have seen these in Chicagoland and southern Wisconsin. Are they anywhere else?
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:33:51 PM EDT
[#14]
There’s being right and there’s being dead over something dumb.

People don’t care about life anymore, and will risk dying to be respected.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:36:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That cheap gas is serious business.
View Quote

I’ll pay the extra to save my time and keep drama away.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Right? You have a yield sign, fuck off and wait. Someone far more knowledgeable than you, at traffic control devices, put it there for a reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, you drive up past all those suckers who got in line waiting their turn and just shove your way in.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:38:36 PM EDT
[#17]

ETA:
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I think the linecutter would have hit the open carry dude had he not drawn. Pulling the baton out of the trunk and whipping it open, taking a step towards open carry dude sure looks like the start of an attack. The draw of the pistol just made the line cutter change his mind very rapidly.

My vote line cutter bigger douche, but both are a douche. I still support open carry dude over all.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is normal according to ARFCOM, the guy was just merging into traffic and should be allowed to cut in wherever he wants.

Zipper merge = joinder.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#20]
The grocery store I go to has an attached gas station that is divided from the parking lot by a busy to two lane road. There have been a couple occasions where I pulled in to the pumps and cut someone off who was in line from the parking lot, in what looks like a similar set up. It's not 1979, you're going to get gas. If you're carrying a gun you don't go instigating fights over a gas pump. I think the guy pulling a crowbar out of his trunk was a very reasonable and justified response to an aggressive person confronting them over something they may have not even been aware of was a problem.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#21]
That never happens at Sams club.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#22]
So dude didn't just pull a gun, other dude went to his trunk and retrieved a weapon.

The initial confrontation was stupid...especially when openly carrying a firearm. (Another good reason not to OC because even trivial shit means the other person can say you threatened them with a gun)

But the dude in the car escalated. You cannot go to your trunk and retrieve a weapon just because somebody comes up and yells at you.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Don't think for one second that DNC operatives, or even federal agents aren't staging these little "irresponsible gun ownership plays" for social media. I don't believe for one fucking second that this is real. Those are federal agents or Democrat operatives. And you're gonna see this shit over and over again, trying to convince, the useful idiots that this kind of stuff is commonplace.
View Quote
Interesting, being that the video was horizontal and quite steady ..you might be right.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#24]
The PoS line cutter is brave with a bunch of middle class white folks waiting in line. He wouldn’t pull that shit in the hood.
Personally, I’d like to see his face get lit up by OC dude.
Nothing worse than self entitled  elitist pricks thinking they don’t have to abide by the same code of conduct the rest of civilized society does
Edit spelling
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What video did you guys watch where you saw the OC guy be aggressive?   Pointing to where the line was that the guy bypassed , is that what you view as aggressive?

The linecutter went back inside his car and popped the trunk and then retrieved a collapsible baton from a sheath on a belt from the trunk, and then attempts to either threaten or assault the OC guy with the baton for telling him he's an inconsiderate asshole.  This is after the OC guy has started to walk away from the conversation.

Was it a good idea to tell the linecutter he's an asshole? Probably not, but in WA words alone (not verbal threats, but words like "you're an asshole/hey shithead, you cut in line") do not make the person the initial aggressor. The guy pulling out a baton would make him the aggressor and well within the OC guy's perception of being a deadly threat.

Would he be charged for shooting him ? All going to depend on the jurisdiction.
View Quote

Little guy in the khaki shirt walked up to the big guy, got in his face, and was yelling at him.  That was aggressive.  

Two assholes collided at Costco - one was open carrying
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the kind of thing a jury of your "peers" will look at and view in the light that you used lethal force on another person.

Remember we live in a society where people routinely argue that a dude who tries to murder a cop on the side of the road on camera was "shot over speeding", as in the officer being responsible for starting trouble in the first place by doing his/her sworn duty.

Do not expect your actions in contributing to a conflict to be viewed innocently in the aftermath.

"Innocence" is one of the key elements of a self defense claim. Shit like barking at people over line cutting undermines that key pillar of self defense.

And it is an ESPECIALLY bad idea to have that confrontation when you are openly carrying a firearm. Whether you pull it or not, you can expect the other guy to claim you did. And then you have to somehow prove you didn't.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Strangely the attendant doesn’t seem to react…at all….

Seems oddly suspicious that a guy draws a gun and NOBODY is ducking or trying to run/pull away….
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#28]
“He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to feel.”
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good man
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

World would be a better place if assholes had to deal with consequences of being assholes. Appeasement just makes them bigger assholes.
Good man

GD rooting for OC guy over line cutting guy because most of GD looks like OC guy but lacks the stones to confront line cutter guy.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#30]
I’ve never seen more pumps in use vs empty pumps at our local ShopCo.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There’s being right and there’s being dead over something dumb.

People don’t care about life anymore, and will risk dying to be respected.
View Quote

Car dude has intimidated people before. Plenty of times. And he's gotten away with it. That's evident by his actions.

He did not count on the other guy having a gun. From his angle on the confrontation, he likely never saw it until it got pulled. Then shit changed. It got real, real quick. And he stopped his aggressive actions and had to rethink his assessment of the situation.

He's a classic bully. And it's likely had he been shot dead right there, it would have been an act of social hygiene. But Mr. Line Enforcer's entire future would be on the line in a shooting that, let's face it, didn't have to happen.

You don't ever want to find yourself there.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:04:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Little guy in the khaki shirt walked up to the big guy, got in his face, and was yelling at him.  That was aggressive.  

Two assholes collided at Costco - one was open carrying
View Quote

Well, when someone is an idiot and a jerk about line cutting, he was confronted. The big guy sounds very upset and is really the aggressor in all of this.

And remember, there is a difference between confronting someone and being aggressive. OC guy confronted him. Look who makes physical contact. Look who is bigger. Look who still goes to his trunk, pulls out his security guard belt and deploys an expandable baton. If you don't know who did all that, I will help you. It was the big guy line cutter.

GD seems to be a punch of pantywaist basement dwellers after all.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#33]
COSTCO gas lines.. yea,

Fuuuucck that.   I'm not poor

You can have your 75 cent savings for putting up with that shit show.

But then, I'm the guy who purposely leaves his Aldi's cart in the lot - to display my supremecy.  

Some people Make it Rain.  I make it hail baby!
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#34]
That's typical Price Club cheapskate drama. You should see the violence in the hot dog line.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

GD rooting for OC guy over line cutting guy because most of GD looks like OC guy but lacks the stones to confront line cutter guy.
View Quote

We really need a like button on this site.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:05:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yep, you drive up past all those suckers who got in line waiting their turn and just shove your way in.
View Quote

No. I'm saying wait your turn.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I think the linecutter would have hit the open carry dude had he not drawn.
View Quote

Ability - With an impact weapon and size on the line enforcer, he definitely has the ability to cause death or serious injury
Opportunity - He's most definitely close enough to use an impact weapon
Manifest Intent - The act of cussing dude out, then opening the trunk and unsheathing a weapon is action consistent with preparation to use said weapon

Car guy's actions were most definitely an assault that was cut short when he realized he'd brought a club to a gunfight.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#38]
I might call someone out for something unpleasant or rude, but I certainly wouldn't go get in a dude's face and start yelling at him over something trivial, esp. when OCing. If this had resulted in either of the dudes getting harmed it would have been a messy legal situation. As it is, both could articulate why it was reasonable that they took the actions once the confrontation was under way.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:07:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The grocery store I go to has an attached gas station that is divided from the parking lot by a busy to two lane road. There have been a couple occasions where I pulled in to the pumps and cut someone off who was in line from the parking lot, in what looks like a similar set up. It's not 1979, you're going to get gas. If you're carrying a gun you don't go instigating fights over a gas pump. I think the guy pulling a crowbar out of his trunk was a very reasonable and justified response to an aggressive person confronting them over something they may have not even been aware of was a problem.

View Quote

...and this is why you don't want to bet a jury is going to see things your way, folks. You can't even get everyone on ARFCOM to agree that the douchebag who pulled a weapon is in the wrong for doing it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Strangely the attendant doesn’t seem to react…at all….

Seems oddly suspicious that a guy draws a gun and NOBODY is ducking or trying to run/pull away….
View Quote

The vast majority of people will be so shocked by what they are seeing that they literally will not react until the loud noises start.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Zipper merging is fine if everyone stayed in the both lanes until the end.

If the one lane is empty and you go to the "front of the line" that is cutting.

Back to Costco gas line. I've seen people wait until the spot directly in front of them opens while the middle spot is empty.

I'll go around them and take that spot if they don't want it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:11:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Don’t cut in line.
Don’t confront someone when you are armed. Avoid confrontation.
Don’t pull a crowbar on someone you are bigger than. Or just don’t pull anything at all and handle your business.
Don’t start no shit won’t be no shit.

Lucky for the short guy he didn’t have to shoot.

Costco chickens are really good but the burnt ends are even better.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Costco gas is worth killing for, but not dying for.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Title is completely fucking misleading.

Line cutter is the guy that pulled out a crowbar from his trunk, which then provoked the guy complaining about the line cutting to pull his gun.

Good draw.

View Quote

That's what I saw too.  Complainer didn't draw until line cutter escalated with a blunt force weapon.  Self-defense.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
COSTCO gas lines.. yea,

Fuuuucck that.   I'm not poor

You can have your 75 cent savings for putting up with that shit show.

But then, I'm the guy who purposely leaves his Aldi's cart in the lot - to display my supremecy.  

Some people Make it Rain.  I make it hail baby!
View Quote

20000 miles a year at 20mpg with 30 cents per gallon savings is $300.

$300 a year compounded over 5 years at 5% is $2047

Thats a bit more than 75 cents.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#46]
There are assholes that block traffic trying to stake out every gas lane until the last minute.  I got stuck behind one in a costco driveway with my trailer in the street so I wiped around him and picked a lane.  He was literally hopping in his seat until I got out and he saw my size.  He calmed down real quick.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't think I've ever waited anything close to 10 minutes for gas. Depending on the cycle Costco ranges from 5-10 cents cheaper to 40-50 on the high end. Usually right around 15-20 cents for me. I alternate between costco and my grocery store when I can use the points to be cheaper than costco.  
Quoted:

It's 60 to 70 cents a gallon cheaper here. Rarely does it take more than 5 minutes or so. Pumps have long hoses and can be used on either side of the car. I get 4 points on my Costco credit card and 2 points toward my Costco membership. It's a substantial savings, especially with the cash back, for us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much do you really save there on a typical 20 gallon tank… like $6 (no way it’s more than 30 cents cheaper)

And how long do you gotta wait and how much gas you burning idling there?

It's 60 to 70 cents a gallon cheaper here. Rarely does it take more than 5 minutes or so. Pumps have long hoses and can be used on either side of the car. I get 4 points on my Costco credit card and 2 points toward my Costco membership. It's a substantial savings, especially with the cash back, for us.

I'm solo but the gas savings alone covers my membership. The 4% back is nice because it's at all gas stations. I didn't think the 2% back for premium membership applied to gas.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well, when someone is an idiot and a jerk about line cutting, he was confronted. The big guy sounds very upset and is really the aggressor in all of this.

And remember, there is a difference between confronting someone and being aggressive. OC guy confronted him. Look who makes physical contact. Look who is bigger. Look who still goes to his trunk, pulls out his security guard belt and deploys an expandable baton. If you don't know who did all that, I will help you. It was the big guy line cutter.

GD seems to be a punch of pantywaist basement dwellers after all.
View Quote
As I said, both those guys were assholes.  Both could have been arrested for their behavior in that confrontation.  

People cut in line all the time.  That's not even a crime, it's just a minor nuisance in a normal person's day.  
Knowing when NOT to confront a jerk is part of being a man.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:35:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Zipper merging is fine if everyone stayed in the both lanes until the end.

If the one lane is empty and you go to the "front of the line" that is cutting.

Back to Costco gas line. I've seen people wait until the spot directly in front of them opens while the middle spot is empty.

I'll go around them and take that spot if they don't want it.
View Quote

Sometimes it's a timing thing. I've waited a bit if another car is about to be done so that we can all just pull in instead of leap frogging people.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:35:47 PM EDT
[#50]
HA HA, fucking hilarious!  Going to get shot for some cheap gasoline!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top