User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 11:49:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hesperus] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FredMan:

That’s not that uncommon.

The last few Mission Impossible movies, they specifically dreamed up a bunch of cool stunts and then designed the movies around the stunts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FredMan:
Originally Posted By captexas:

Saw it this morning with my son and thought it was fun movie.  Afterwards though, it does feel a bit like Reynolds and the writers sat around putting together a list of all the characters/people they wanted to put in it, all the jokes they wanted to make, and then wrote the plot/storyline after the fact trying to piece them all together.

That’s not that uncommon.

The last few Mission Impossible movies, they specifically dreamed up a bunch of cool stunts and then designed the movies around the stunts.

Yep, this is something directors talk about with some regularity. They have a notebook or 2 that they scribble down random cool ideas that come to them, usually when working on a film and often they make it into various stunts and other scenes in later films.

Unfortunately every now and then some director tries to make their entire notebook of random cool ideas into a movie and it usually comes out as a bunch of gibberish because it's a bunch of clashing action scenes strung together with the thinnest thread of a plot.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 12:35:35 AM EDT
[#3]
$824 million in 9 days.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 7:57:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cpt_Kirks] [#4]
Originally Posted By RikWriter:
$824 million in 9 days.
View Quote

Is that worldwide?

Link Posted: 8/5/2024 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Twenty years of inflation makes such comparisons weak. I bet that "Passion" still put more asses in seats
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 9:24:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

Is that worldwide?

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Marvel Jesus defeats actual Jesus.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I was disappointed in the movie.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:

Don’t you be talkin’ shit about Blade!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
Originally Posted By texas_mustang_01:
The entire The Void middle section could have been removed with no harm to the movie.

The first 3rd and third 3rd were great. The old supes cameo team was uninteresting and slowed the whole thing to a crawl.

EDIT: Except Gambit. He was great.

Don’t you be talkin’ shit about Blade!

Yeah...put me with this guy.  I thought the Blade movies were pretty damned good.  Sure wish Stephen Dorff would make more films.  Liked him as Winter.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By manowar669:
I was disappointed in the movie.
View Quote

Aw, we all feel bad for you.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Chris Evans was Johnny Storm in the fantastic four before he was Captain America.

View Quote

Something to the effect of “He was killing the budget.” after his epic swear dump.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:

Twenty years of inflation makes such comparisons weak. I bet that "Passion" still put more asses in seats
View All Quotes

Those are the numbers for The Passion after years.

Those are the numbers for Deadpool & Wolverine after 10 days.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#13]
The movie gets better with each viewing.

Link Posted: 8/5/2024 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Saw it friday. It was great.

I don't see how you can be "disappointed" at this point. It's the 3rd movie of more of the same.

I didn't love the storyline I guess, but it's DP not Titanic...
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Marvel, reportedly, cleaned house of the activists pretending to be producers.

Star Wars, reportedly, is NOT following suit.

Hollywood Is Abandoning "The Message"

Link Posted: 8/5/2024 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxFlOd2zOR8
View Quote

Star Wars is still Kathleen Kennedy's baby, unfortunately.  Until she dies or gets shitcanned, SW will continue the woke no matter how much money it costs Disney.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw it and it's The Best of the series! This one is going to my Fandango account as soon as it's released.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Most of the box office for the Passion was 20 years ago when it was released and tickets were $8. I'm sure that it's still making a little money but it's big money days are years in the past. Like I said, let's compare asses in the seats. Back when Passion was released theaters weren't ghost towns
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Most of the box office for the Passion was 20 years ago when it was released and tickets were $8. I'm sure that it's still making a little money but it's big money days are years in the past. Like I said, let's compare asses in the seats. Back when Passion was released theaters weren't ghost towns
View All Quotes

Again: “The full run at the box office” vs “10 days.”

I bet a year from now DP&W made more money, adjusting for inflation, and had more “asses in the seats” than The Passion.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:
Saw it friday. It was great.

I don't see how you can be "disappointed" at this point. It's the 3rd movie of more of the same.

I didn't love the storyline I guess, but it's DP not Titanic...
View Quote

If you hadn't seen at least some of Loki, the time travel and TVA in general would be confusing.

Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Sorry man, but you're just wrong no matter how many logical loops you jump through here.  The total take of Passion adjusted for inflation over its entire run would be the equivalent of $997 million today.  Over its whole run including its PG-13 re-release.  Deadpool 3 is going to pass that in maybe 3 weeks of release.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Seent it twice.  Once with the kids. Once with the wife and the kids.  Unfortunately for my wife, her lack of movie knowledge didn’t allow her to enjoy some of the lines and cameos/easter eggs.  Personally, I loved all the Gambit lines.  They were written perfectly.  If it only could be a contender for the Academy movie of the year.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

Star Wars is still Kathleen Kennedy's baby, unfortunately.  Until she dies or gets shitcanned, SW will continue the woke no matter how much money it costs Disney.
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxFlOd2zOR8

So the Force is still female?
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

So the Force is still female?
View Quote

Until the day she keels over from a stroke at the age of no less than 95.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By cap6888:
Seent it twice.  Once with the kids. Once with the wife and the kids.  Unfortunately for my wife, her lack of movie knowledge didn’t allow her to enjoy some of the lines and cameos/easter eggs.  Personally, I loved all the Gambit lines.  They were written perfectly.  If it only could be a contender for the Academy movie of the year.
View Quote

4 dimensional comedy, fo-sho.!

The "Proposal" jab got everyone in the theater busting with laughter.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Sorry man, but you're just wrong no matter how many logical loops you jump through here.  The total take of Passion adjusted for inflation over its entire run would be the equivalent of $997 million today.  Over its whole run including its PG-13 re-release.  Deadpool 3 is going to pass that in maybe 3 weeks of release.
View Quote

People in this thread keep saying that the Deadpool film is drawing people in. The film was showing on a half dozen screens here last week when I saw it and there were maybe a dozen other people in the auditorium I was sitting in.
Maybe its doing super well in other areas, but I haven't seen anything locally approaching a packed theater for any Marvel film like we used to have for every Marvel film with maybe the exception of the last Spiderman film.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
The total run for Passion was $622,313,635.

Adjusted for inflation..$1,036,016,477.

This movie will surpass that.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 5:05:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#28]

People in this thread keep saying that the Deadpool film is drawing people in. The film was showing on a half dozen screens here last week when I saw it and there were maybe a dozen other people in the auditorium I was sitting in.
Maybe its doing super well in other areas, but I haven't seen anything locally approaching a packed theater for any Marvel film like we used to have for every Marvel film with maybe the exception of the last Spiderman film.
View All Quotes

"I didn't see a ton of people at the theater at the exact time that I was there, therefore the movie must not be doing well."

Typical GD logic.

It had the 6th biggest domestic opening of all time for ANY film.  6th.

Link Posted: 8/5/2024 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I didn't care for "Deadpool and Wolverine", too much crude humor, too much breaking the 4th wall, too much blowing up shit, too many bodies getting ripped apart in a pointless grotesque slaughter fest. Some of the special effects were very good. Not my kind of movie. YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By spmx7777:
I didn't care for "Deadpool and Wolverine", too much crude humor, too much breaking the 4th wall, too much blowing up shit, too many bodies getting ripped apart in a pointless grotesque slaughter fest. Some of the special effects were very good. Not my kind of movie. YMMV.
View Quote

A Deadpool movie had crude humor, 4th wall breaking, shit blowing up, and a bunch of bodies dropping!?!

Link Posted: 8/5/2024 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#31]

"I didn't see a ton of people at the theater at the exact time that I was there, therefore the movie must not being doing well."

Typical GD logic.

View All Quotes

"I didn't see a ton of people at the theater at the exact time that I was there, therefore the movie must not being doing well."

Typical GD logic.

Seriously.

Reading that post reminded me of:

Link Posted: 8/5/2024 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Typical GD logic.

View All Quotes

Typical GD logic.

He didn't like the movie, so he's gonna bloviate through the whole thread.

Link Posted: 8/5/2024 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Did the theater you were in play this “PSA” before the movie?

Link Posted: 8/5/2024 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By LOS:

4 dimensional comedy, fo-sho.!

The "Proposal" jab got everyone in the theater busting with laughter.
View Quote

Yup.  This is the first movie in a while where the whole audience was wailing laughing at the jokes and clapping and everything. Marvel Jesus’ educated wish paid off.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#35]

He didn't like the movie, so he's gonna bloviate through the whole thread.

View Quote

All the showings here were full as fuck. Looking at different times they were all damn near sold out.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Sadly, no. We were at AMC and got the same old no phones spiel as always.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Dude, the plural of anecdote is not evidence.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

That is sig line worthy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 7:43:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#39]

View All Quotes

You must write or something…
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

No, they did not.

And I saw DPW twice, a week apart.

Link Posted: 8/5/2024 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#43]

No, they did not.

View All Quotes
Did the theater you were in play this "PSA" before the movie?

No, they did not.

Saw it at my local theater, first Saturday it was open and got that PSA. Audience loved it
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 10:10:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#45]
Green Lantern could have helped…

Oh yeah, that version of Ryan Reynolds got retro-terminated.  Maybe Van Wilder.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Green Lantern could have helped…

Oh yeah, that version of Ryan Reynolds got retro-terminated.  Maybe Van Wilder Milder.
View Quote

FIFY.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Green Lantern could have helped

Oh yeah, that version of Ryan Reynolds got retro-terminated. Maybe Van Wilder.
View Quote
For Canada.

Nick
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Chris Evans was Johnny Storm in the fantastic four before he was Captain America.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dangus:
This one I think catered to the true comic book nerds.

I was lost with the Fantastic 4 stuff.  I never watched any of those movies since it's universally accepted that they call sucked.  

Pretty sure I never saw any of the Blade movies either, and I had no idea he was tied into any of these other universes.

I was a bit confused there for a minute. I was expecting, Avengers Unite, and I got Flame On. I had forgotten entirely that he played Johnny Storm.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By hoodonit00:

I was a bit confused there for a minute. I was expecting, Avengers Unite, and I got Flame On. I had forgotten entirely that he played Johnny Storm.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hoodonit00:
Originally Posted By Dangus:
This one I think catered to the true comic book nerds.

I was lost with the Fantastic 4 stuff.  I never watched any of those movies since it's universally accepted that they call sucked.  

Pretty sure I never saw any of the Blade movies either, and I had no idea he was tied into any of these other universes.

Assemble.

It's Avengers Assemble.

Link Posted: 8/8/2024 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#50]

The Honda Odyssey fucks hard!
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top