Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Ahsoka Tano isn't a Mary Sue character of worthlessness like Rey Palpatine was. You have someone bitching that a strong female character is a bad thing.

I'm glad my daughter can look at Ahsoka Tano and see the character development from an annoying kid to a strong warrior. A properly written strong female character is something girls need too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

Looks like more shitty girlpower and diversity. Thrawn is the good guy in this.
I'm glad my daughter has female characters she can enjoy that don't lead her to simply being barefoot and pregnant.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/confused-britney-spears--83.gif
Ahsoka Tano isn't a Mary Sue character of worthlessness like Rey Palpatine was. You have someone bitching that a strong female character is a bad thing.

I'm glad my daughter can look at Ahsoka Tano and see the character development from an annoying kid to a strong warrior. A properly written strong female character is something girls need too.

Just thought it was odd that a fictional character is needed for that.

/thread derail off

Hopefully the show is good.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

This will be my red line in the sand... If they ruin her, I will forsake SW and be done. Until the next Andor season
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bigern314:
They need to take this dog out and shoot it.  These shows are just AWFUL.  

I've been a SW nut since 1977 and Its sad to see what has happened since Disney bought the IP.

Oh well.
View Quote

The baseline many Star Wars fanboys have, under the Disney regime, for what qualifies as "quality content" has plummeted so ridiculously low that they are like a battered wife that regularly gets so severely beaten by her POS husband that on days in which she “only” gets a few hard slaps across the face she celebrates the merciful “gift."  All the while dismissing her friends as "haters" for calling the POS out and saying she deserves better.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Just came to say, "Fuck Disney".
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Laufen:
Just came to say, "Fuck Disney".
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Joruus C'baoth went insane due to being one of the few surviving Jedi from Outbound Flight. The project that Palatine had Thrawn intercept and destroy. I hope it is him. Also hope they work in the Spaarti cloning tech and the cloaked attacks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
The Ahsoka trailer looks good. Do we have any idea who the two Sith are? Wasn't there a rogue? Maybe Joruus C'baoth? Outside chance we get a Bendu appearance?
Joruus C'baoth went insane due to being one of the few surviving Jedi from Outbound Flight. The project that Palatine had Thrawn intercept and destroy. I hope it is him. Also hope they work in the Spaarti cloning tech and the cloaked attacks.

It's been decades since I've read the books but I thought Joruus C'Baoth was insane because he was a clone that had been grown too quickly - the original Joruus was killed on the flight.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

LOL. I'll believe Doomcock the first time he actually predicts something that comes true.

We're about 4 years into his "Kathleen Kennedy is getting fired in 2 weeks" schtick.
View Quote
Hey, he's better than Mike Zeroh. According to him, KK's been fired so many times she counts as her own layoff.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

I don’t understand how you guys take anything doomcock says seriously. He’s been wrong about pretty much everything.
View Quote

He has a secret base at the center of the earth, dude.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By crazytuco:

View Quote
He pissed off the writers for She Hulk so much they made him the bad guy. That's gotta count for something.

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnzNZ0Mdx4I

Heir to the Empire!

Who's the white bearded fella with a red lightsaber?

Is purple hair a Mandalorian?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, Ahsoka and Thrawn.

Maybe the two best liked characters in all of the EU?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
The Ahsoka trailer looks good. Do we have any idea who the two Sith are? Wasn't there a rogue? Maybe Joruus C'baoth? Outside chance we get a Bendu appearance?

Outbound Flight is one of my top 5 EU novels. That scene where he obliterates the Neimodian fleet with 3 cruisers and 9 fighters is poetry.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

I think people throw out that word for any strong girl, forgetting it means instant superpowered.  Ahsoka had 7 years of clone wars to show how she became a badass.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

I think people throw out that word for any strong girl, forgetting it means instant superpowered.  Ahsoka had 7 years of clone wars to show how she became a badass.

And a lot of screw ups and pain along that path.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I think its funny that all these posters are saying "oh no look at all these girls in the trailer its the end of star wars"...

Bruh most of those characters have already been introduced, have already had amazing stories with loss, growth, development, evolvement, and sacrifice.

Anybody who is turning down live action Hera, Chopper (for more than the 1 second he was in Rogue One), Sabine, more Ahsoka as some capitulation to Kathleen Kennedy's endorsement of shitty Ray-esque mary sue writing is ignorant. Probably the same idiots who did not appreciate the Zeb cameo in Mando two weeks ago.

They're setting up the Ghost crew's reunion... .They're bringing Thrawn back to reconquer the galaxy...

I, for one, also cannot wait to see live action Jabba show up again... and I wish we could get some Zeb - Kallus action as well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Heir to the Empire!

Who's the white bearded fella with a red lightsaber?

Is purple hair a Mandalorian?
View Quote

I believe that's Sabine Wren, so yes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Ahsoka Trailer 2023: Thrawn Returns, New Sith Master and The Mandalorian Star Wars Easter Eggs

This guy speculates that Thrawn is going to be going after the Dark Force.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#17]

/thread derail off

View All Quotes

I'm glad my daughter has female characters she can enjoy that don't lead her to simply being barefoot and pregnant.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/confused-britney-spears--83.gif

/thread derail off

Fictional and real life figures inspire people. Stories have done that for Millennia.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By LV1976:

It's been decades since I've read the books but I thought Joruus C'Baoth was insane because he was a clone that had been grown too quickly - the original Joruus was killed on the flight.
View All Quotes

Been a while too... he could have been a Spaarti clone.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes

The multiple U's tell you he's a clone, like Luuke grown from the hand he lost on Bespin.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By BB:
Holy crap episode!
View Quote

Meh, except for the very end, it was a comedy throwaway.  I've seen that in just about every type of series.

I didn't mind them casting Lizzo, I mean, she and Jack Black kind of complement each other, two moons caught in each others gravitational pull, but her acting was frigging awful!
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Looks good.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Bad guy is not Joruus C'baoth. Subtitles in the credits have him listed as Baylan. New character I guess.

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Looks like it could be good.

But, then, so did The Book of Boba Fett and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
View All Quotes

Looks like it could be good.

But, then, so did The Book of Boba Fett and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I agree with what you said.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#26]

The multiple U's tell you he's a clone, like Luuke grown from the hand he lost on Bespin.
View All Quotes

The Luuke concept was interesting in the way Zahn described it, what would it be like having an identical copy of a force-sensitive being facing off against the original force-sensitive being.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:13:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LV1976] [#27]
Bad guy is not Joruus C'baoth. Subtitles in the credits have him listed as Baylan. New character I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q004RwyhUPc
View Quote

When I imagined C'baoth in my head as a kid it was more like Gandalf.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Forgot about the Luke clone
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Some of the Star Wars fanboys, under the Disney regime, remind me of a battered wife that regularly gets so severely beaten by her POS husband that on days in which she “only” gets a few hard slaps across the face she celebrates the merciful “gift.”
View All Quotes

Some of the Star Wars fanboys, under the Disney regime, remind me of a battered wife that regularly gets so severely beaten by her POS husband that on days in which she “only” gets a few hard slaps across the face she celebrates the merciful “gift.”

The baseline many Star Wars fanboys have, under the Disney regime, for what qualifies as "quality content" has plummeted so ridiculously low that they are like a battered wife that regularly gets so severely beaten by her POS husband that on days in which she “only” gets a few hard slaps across the face she celebrates the merciful “gift."  All the while dismissing her friends as "haters" for calling the POS out and saying she deserves better.

Are you just copying and pasting your previous comments?
No one is making you post in this thread you know.

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

View All Quotes

He’s a bot, you can tell from the avatar.

He tried to kick me out of his GoT thread for being amazed at how he took personal offense that they didn’t make the show his way. I eventually just lost interest.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
He pissed off the writers for She Hulk so much they made him the bad guy. That's gotta count for something.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crazytuco:

Doomcock in She Hulk?  I never heard anything about that.  Can you elaborate?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#32]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q004RwyhUPc
View Quote

I've been a Ray Stevenson fan ever since Rome (highly recommend TV show, BTW).

Its insane to think HBO once had, at the same time, The Sopranos, Deadwood, and Rome. Arguably 3 of the top 10 dramas of all time.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:07:50 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

BklynZoo made a post about "I can't believe that I'm reading a bunch of these posts praising or making excuses for this abomination of a season" and I responded to that.

Bigern314 made a post about "they need to take this dog out and shoot it, these shows are just AWFUL" and I responded to that similar post with a similar response.

No one is making you read my posts, you know.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:32:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: masterofpew] [#35]
Just seen the Ahsoka Series trailer drop. Looks pretty good, Thrawn is back

Coming in August
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

I've been a SW nut since 1977 and Its sad to see what has happened since Disney bought the IP.

Oh well.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Some of y'all are wound a wee bit too tight over a story. I don't always enjoy the content, sometimes it is just plain bad, sometimes its meh, sometimes its WOW! But at the end of the day, it's a story... make believe.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Doomcock in She Hulk?  I never heard anything about that.  Can you elaborate?
View Quote

She-Hulk writers make YouTuber DOOMCOCK the show's VILLAIN!
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

I still firmly believe they released the first three episodes on the same day because they were a snooze and they needed people to power through them to get to the good stuff. If it took a month to get to episode 4 where it began to pick up, few would have stuck with it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
I tried watching Andor, but it honestly put me to sleep. I just couldn't find the plot interesting

I still firmly believe they released the first three episodes on the same day because they were a snooze and they needed people to power through them to get to the good stuff. If it took a month to get to episode 4 where it began to pick up, few would have stuck with it.

Yeah I tried again last night and just couldn't do it. Too G'damn boring.

Ended up watching Rebels instead and was pleasantly surprised at the Ashoka trailer this morning.. good timing.

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Some of y'all are wound a wee bit too tight over a story. I don't always enjoy the content, sometimes it is just plain bad, sometimes its meh, sometimes its WOW! But at the end of the day, it's a story... make believe.
View All Quotes

Oh well.

Bigern314 said he's been a Star Wars fan since 1977.  That's 45 years of investing his time, money, and emotion.  Personally, for me it's not difficult to understand why some Star Wars fans are pissed about the way Disney has not only been using Star Wars, but shitting on the source material on top of it.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
I get to sit on my couch with my wife and daughter and we all get to share the experience of watching the show. We enjoy it. It is entertaining and allows us to relax. Some folks want Shakespearian works out of a show met to entertain a family.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By masterofpew:
Just seen the Ahsoka Series trailer drop. Looks pretty good, Thrawn is back

Coming in August
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#42]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDXKlnue1FQ
View Quote
I found She-Hulk funny.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#43]
I found She-Hulk funny.
View Quote
I enjoyed it as well, though about half of it was pure cringe.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Bigern314 said he's been a Star Wars fan since 1977.  That's 45 years of investing his time, money, and emotion.  Personally, for me it's not difficult to understand why some Star Wars fans are pissed about the way Disney has not only been using Star Wars, but shitting on the source material on top of it.  YMMV.
View Quote
I've read every EU novel before the Disney buyout. Played the RPG, watched every movie. Heck, I was even a provisional member of the 501st.

Disney has done some bad things. ButJon Favreau and Dave Filoni have done the best they can under the circumstances. Especially Dave Filoni, the heir to George Lucas. A massive Star Wars geek himself. Someone that George Lucas trusts.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#45]
I get to sit on my couch with my wife and daughter and we all get to share the experience of watching the show. We enjoy it. It is entertaining and allows us to relax. Some folks want Shakespearian works out of a show met to entertain a family.
View All Quotes

Some people are seeing the original trilogy through rose colored glasses.  It was entertaining and used ground breaking special effects for the time, but the story was far from the greatest story ever told.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I enjoyed it as well, though about half of it was pure cringe.
View Quote
She-Hulk was so bad, it was good. It was something that was just worthwhile to watch and laugh at since it made me laugh. Some of the cringe was over the top and that in of itself led to the humor.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By November5:
Some people are seeing the original trilogy through rose colored glasses.  It was entertaining and used ground breaking special effects for the time, but the story was far from the greatest story ever told.
View Quote
Star Wars was entertaining, ESB was fantastic and, and ROTJ had high and low points. Replacing Wookoes for Ewoks due to merchandising is horrible.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

I found She-Hulk funny.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Oh well.

Yeah I just don't care personally. I saw Star Wars in the back of my mother's station wagon with four of my friends on opening night at the drive-in. I've been a big fan since, obviously not as much as some folks here... who arguably take a children's story to an unhealthy obsession. YMMV
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Same, but my daughter doesn't watch Star Wars.
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top