“Papers citizen”  oh and pick up that can
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've rarely had to say a word going through the NM or TX checkpoints.  If I got the where are you going, I always just pointed to the windshield with a that way without being a dick.  Of course I was pretty obviously military with my out of state plates and appearance.

I go thru checkpoints all the time.  Usually pulling a center console.  Never been searched, never asked to get out of the car.  Mostly, the guys want to talk fishing. Anyone having drama at a checkpoint brought it with them.

Yep

“Papers citizen”  oh and pick up that can

and who is asking that?

Certainly not any of the interior BP checkpoints I've gone through.

None of this is saying I enjoy the premise of checkpoints within the border.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Rolling Probable Cause

Seriously, if your goal is to not get harassed by "The Man." This is pretty shitty way of not drawing his attention.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Rolling Probable Cause

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjxEityW0AANGo8.jpg

Seriously, if your goal is to not get harassed by "The Man." This is pretty shitty way of not drawing his attention.
View Quote

That's like those two Brit clowns roaming around the world screaming they want their privacy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Here if they are going to argue imaginary sovereign law, they have to self represent because a state certified lawyer cannot argue state law with imaginary law or case law.  Then the problem for them becomes you do have a right to represent yourself, but you are expected to comply with state and applicable federal laws and to the best of your ability comply with state law.  The classic result of "you wanna see what happens when a sovereign represents himself in court" was what we saw with the guy that killed and injured those people by driving through the parade.  He tried to derail the court at every juncture and was found guilty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My buddy is a criminal defense attorney and has had them as clients from time to time. He just files all the correct paperwork behind the scenes and then announces to the judge in open court that the arguments he's about to make are at his client's request.  I think having an actual lawyer tempers the client as the judge will shoot down an argument and my friend just advises his client to move on in the moment.

Here if they are going to argue imaginary sovereign law, they have to self represent because a state certified lawyer cannot argue state law with imaginary law or case law.  Then the problem for them becomes you do have a right to represent yourself, but you are expected to comply with state and applicable federal laws and to the best of your ability comply with state law.  The classic result of "you wanna see what happens when a sovereign represents himself in court" was what we saw with the guy that killed and injured those people by driving through the parade.  He tried to derail the court at every juncture and was found guilty.

The real SC types, based on messages they've sent me, wouldn't let actual lawyers represent them anyways. Something like we are part of an unconstitutional criminal organization, something something bar, something something maritime law.

Ok, then why are you emailing me?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ive been dealing with Moors for my entire police career.  In fact, they are the primary sovereign citizen group we deal with in the area and are pretty predictable in what they do.  At one point they did get so tired of being arrested for not having driver's license  that they all kissed the pinky ring of the man and got licenses.
View Quote
The Moors are a special bunch @NCPatrolAR.

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Around 12 years ago I met a couple people who were S.C.s  They seemed sincere.  I did a bit of research into the idea.

Seems there are two categories of them.  Some are well meaning decent people but have serious misunderstanding of our law and legal system.  Others are just plain nutcases and idiot/assholes.
View Quote

So sort of like Libertarians?

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The real SC types, based on messages they've sent me, wouldn't let actual lawyers represent them anyways. Something like we are part of an unconstitutional criminal organization, something something bar, something something maritime law.

View Quote
@LawyerUp

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#9]
My old neighbor was one.

It seemed to me there were two types of Sovereign Citizens.

1. Libertarians that went too far off the edge.
2. Criminals desperate for a way off the hook.

It's easy to be sympathetic for the Libertarians. We all see the government overreach.  I doubt there is any real research on it, but I'd guess the VAST majority of these guys are just criminals that don't want to be held accountable.

My neighbor was the first type.  He did believe in a few other conspiracies, but the choices he made left him in a relative life of poverty.  He didn't get into much trouble, but he couldn't earn a decent living, and the IRS was sending him letters every third day.  I think the IRS never put the hammer down on him only because he never had anything worth taking.

He died last year. He has true freedom now, but the poverty he dove into while on this Earth was not freedom.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ive been dealing with Moors for my entire police career.  In fact, they are the primary sovereign citizen group we deal with in the area and are pretty predictable in what they do.  At one point they did get so tired of being arrested for not having driver's license  that they all kissed the pinky ring of the man and got licenses.
View Quote

Aren’t they branch kin () to the Nuwaubians that’s leader got arrested in Georgia ?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
wtf borax? whats is "supposed" to do?
View Quote

Gets out stains, of course.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We definitely have members here, who are retarded enough.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
P. Barnes.
View Quote

You guys are really over-stepping your bounds...
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Been around gun shows, gun shops and public ranges, I have ran into a few. There all way out there and live way out here for the most part.

My dad knew a guy from the gun shows we attended who lived in Pasadena. I remember going his house as a kid and all two stories plus the garage were filled to the ceilings with milsurp. His Knick name was lobster claw cause he blew his hand off making fireworks. He used to advertise in the green sheet that he buys milsurp.

And I know of one now who lives in a tent on some desert land waiting for Russian paratroopers to start landing.

I do wonder what their screen names are or were
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#17]
If they only tried to annoy the .gov I would have no problem with them.

But the bullshit they pull with adverse possession and squatting is reason enough to hate them.

The rest of the shit they pull earns them getting beaten to within 1/2 inch of their lives repeatedly until they learn their lesson.

Absolute trash.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I identify as someone who wants freedom stripped to nothing so I can feel safer...
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I mean, I agree with less government, and so on. But we are where we are. And to ignore it and pretend it don't be what it be....

I don't believe the Founders would agree with driver's licenses to travel roads. Tolls were definitely a thing. Wagon checks and hand signals to turn, etc., were not a thing. I don't believe they would be happy with what we've created here. But that ship sailed a long time ago.

There are a lot of crazy people out there. I get emails and phone calls from them every day. Some are very intelligent and are highly educated. It's sort of like flat earthers. I really can't explain what makes someone go off on something completely irrational.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As title says, any members here openly advise they are Sovereign Citizens?

edit: reason why I ask is due to the video I watched that i posted just down the page a few posts. The guy who is in small claims court is arguing that anyone who has a birth certificate and a social security number has a Billion dollar line of credit with the federal reserve.. Quite strange seeing folks who whole hardheartedly believe some of this stuff, so I was curious if anyone here can enlighten me on how they came to believe that way.  Honestly curious.
View Quote

Had a kid work for the cleaning company who believed it. Started talking about getting "certified" and that somehow means he doesnt need a license to drive? He didnt have one anyway, and was driving on expired tags. I told him "I dont know where you're getting this info, but I'm quite confident that is NOT how it works.

Later I had an Uber driver try to tell me the same shit!
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone here that has said come and take'em, or "will not comply", is a sovereign citizen to some degree. But I am sure 99.99% of the people here are not the types roll around with license plate made from paper plates and crayon writing.
View Quote

I disagree. They have a belief system based on a child's reading of the Constitution and the UCC that people who simply don't like disarmament don't subscribe to. One is not a sovereign citizen by believing in limited or even no government.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My son doesn't have a social security number either. He's almost 14. SS is a totally voluntary program that you CAN'T opt out of once in.

Why would I tie my son to that for a lifetime just for better deductions on my taxes. Also, everyone that says you can't function without one is wrong. He has a passport, despite everyone saying you need a SS number to get one, including the folks at the post office. All the federal stuff says if you have a SS number you HAVE to put the number down but nowhere does it say you have to have one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got a buddy who is into that shit.  He does shit like refuse to get his kids social security numbers.  He started an LLC/dba and uses that tax number as their social security number.  Then if the kid ever gets in trouble or needs to switch, just make a new LLC/dba.  He said its not his choice to make.  When the kids are old enough, if they want a ssn, they can get it themselves.

He also suddenly started believing the flat earth shit, too.

But hey, he's been my buddy since middle school.  And he's got a job, running his own company and supports himself and his flock of kids.  When we talk, we dont waste our time arguing and trying to convince each other they are wrong.  I let him live his life and just get to sit back and be amazed at some of the shit he pulls out next.
My son doesn't have a social security number either. He's almost 14. SS is a totally voluntary program that you CAN'T opt out of once in.

Why would I tie my son to that for a lifetime just for better deductions on my taxes. Also, everyone that says you can't function without one is wrong. He has a passport, despite everyone saying you need a SS number to get one, including the folks at the post office. All the federal stuff says if you have a SS number you HAVE to put the number down but nowhere does it say you have to have one.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He's gonna have a great time when it comes to getting an actual job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got a buddy who is into that shit.  He does shit like refuse to get his kids social security numbers.  He started an LLC/dba and uses that tax number as their social security number.  Then if the kid ever gets in trouble or needs to switch, just make a new LLC/dba.  He said its not his choice to make.  When the kids are old enough, if they want a ssn, they can get it themselves.

But hey, he's been my buddy since middle school.  And he's got a job, running his own company and supports himself and his flock of kids.  When we talk, we dont waste our time arguing and trying to convince each other they are wrong.  I let him live his life and just get to sit back and be amazed at some of the shit he pulls out next.

He's gonna have a great time when it comes to getting an actual job.

Or buy a car.
Or buy a house.
Or get a credit card.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#24]
The government has no moral authority to do 99% of the shit that it does.

As a practical matter, you have to appear to be following the rules.  Do what you want, but by the time you're talking to LE or any other agent of the state, it is best to de-escalate--- so you can get back to doing what you want.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I hope nobody here is insane enough to believe that shit. However, we do have people who believe there were 80 million fake votes, so it’s possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

edit: reason why I ask is due to the video I watched that i posted just down the page a few posts. The guy who is in small claims court is arguing that anyone who has a birth certificate and a social security number has a Billion dollar line of credit with the federal reserve.. Quite strange seeing folks who whole hardheartedly believe some of this stuff, so I was curious if anyone here can enlighten me on how they came to believe that way.  Honestly curious.

I hope nobody here is insane enough to believe that shit. However, we do have people who believe there were 80 million fake votes, so it’s possible.

Let’s backup, you believe potato was actually legitimately elected?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#28]
the Indian Reorganization Act, aka the Wheeler-Howard Act of 1934
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

That whole billion dollar shit was fed to the black community hard and even the Hispanic community by white liberals (I am a Hispanic American).  Like it’s some weird fucking conspiracy theory, that makes absolutely zero sense. Apparently you can cash it out if you leave the country but can never return?  It’s so retarded. But I’m a Sovereign citizen of the United States of America. Which means if I’m chilling and a Chinese version of a G man comes up to me and wants to fuck around he’ll find out real quick this is America.  America is fucking awesome and why you’d not want to be a part of it is beyond me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Federal maritime law doesn’t apply on dry land wtf.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#31]
The ones I talked to say the term sovereign citizen is contradictory. You are either sovereign or a citizen.

It's a good way to end up in prison
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Lol at data mining

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sovereign Citizens are a pestilence. Scam artists, crooks, cons, and scum. They claim to hate everything that is the government but they sure as fuck love that government welfare benefits money.

Robert LaVoy Finicum was a prime example.

Took part in the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Spouted Sovereign Citizen bullshit and claimed he was a rancher. Turns out, he ran a hobby-farm that was a money pit and his main source of income was from the State of Arizona's foster care system. Arizona stated that the funds they provide to foster families aren't intended to be the sole source of income for those who foster. Doing so is a violation of the system and breeds corruption. The money provided is to benefit the children, not their caretakers.

Finicum stated during the occupation, that the State of Arizona bankrupted him when they took the kids away from him because his ranch was a hobby-farm that produced no income. He proudly stated that his sole source of income was the $100k that he got yearly from the State of Arizona for fostering kids.

But should the federal government killed him and tried to cover up the evidence?

Ya dude was wrongfully gaming the system, but he was killed by federal agents in a car full of kids.

No kids in that truck. In the spirit of accuracy.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326259/10E72CE2-E9D4-4A15-BAC6-E44C1113AFD3-2720501.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWLHiU8gYWY

Good catch my bad
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I like the Fezes. Some of those guys got arrested in MA(?) but it was all firearms violations so not guilty
View Quote

I always thought it was hilarious when ARFCOM supports firearms arrests and says "well the were a felon with a gun!"  

If you broke a gun law and that made you a felon, you aren't a felon.  You are a victim of government overreach.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Actually, you'd get an individual Tax ID number from the IRS by filling out a W-7 form. There is a mechanism to address this exact situation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walk into pretty much any employer or any bank and ask for a job or a loan without an SS number and see how far you get.

For one, how would I even withhold taxes for an employee without an SS? The payroll company would laugh at me.
Actually, you'd get an individual Tax ID number from the IRS by filling out a W-7 form. There is a mechanism to address this exact situation.

Those are for people who are ineligible for an SS number, not people that simply don't want to get one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
LaVoy died doing what he loved. He'd even written a fiction story about the Feds shooting some guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
LaVoy died doing what he loved. He'd even written a fiction story about the Feds shooting some guy.
Yeah, Finicum made his fanfic come true. I think he believed he'd die as a martyr and inspire an uprising. In the end, he died as a 'tard and thr FBI fucked it up post-investigation and Funicum is remembered for being a 'tard.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/confused-britney-spears--83.gif

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif
You seem to have a deeper understanding than I, and I'll admit I've not looked into it since my son was born 14 years ago.

Please enlighten everyone by sharing the law that requires everyone to have a social security number. I looked 14 years ago for about 2 months and I couldn't find it.

I'm sure you're up to the challenge.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#39]
No such thing OP. Without gov and military we would all be speaking Chinese or Russian.

Of course, our military was supposed to save us from the very mess.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Okay, never heard of the Borax thing, so I had to wander around the internet a bit and read whackjob posts.

Aside from a bunch of health nuts thinking it cures arthritis, etc,

It's used to neutralize the flouride.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You seem to have a deeper understanding than I, and I'll admit I've not looked into it since my son was born 14 years ago.

Please enlighten everyone by sharing the law that requires everyone to have a social security number. I looked 14 years ago for about 2 months and I couldn't find it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/confused-britney-spears--83.gif

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif

There likely isn't a law saying he needs one now, but it's use as an identification number for tax purposes will require him to get one when he reaches employment age.

Try filing a tax return without one and see how it goes.

Basically, to function as a normal adult in any capacity, you are going to need one at this point.

Its also required in your state to obtain a driver's license....unless he just plans on "traveling" everywhere and then arguing with the cop when he gets pulled over.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
@Josh, I said "The IRS does issue Tax ID numbers for the purposes of folks that don't have or qualify for a Social Security number. It is mostly used by migrant laborers and most banks don't use it for loan purposes."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep thinking I'm nuts but if you HAVE to have a social security number why do you have to sign up for it, why isn't it just assigned to you?

You are correct on that. The IRS does issue Tax ID numbers for the purposes of folks that don't have or qualify for a Social Security number. It is mostly used by migrant laborers and most banks don't use it for loan purposes.

He's not. ITINs are for people that do not qualify for an SSN, not for people who don't want one. If you're not in one of the very small categories that meet that criteria, the IRS won't give you one. Even if you are the IRS often won't give you one, I've been through this with an immigrant spouse.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/76647/D818A221-DBA1-4B7D-A772-2234F4B3BB56-2720477.png
@Josh, I said "The IRS does issue Tax ID numbers for the purposes of folks that don't have or qualify for a Social Security number. It is mostly used by migrant laborers and most banks don't use it for loan purposes."

Not “don’t have” - “not eligible for” - those are radically different things.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Sovereign Citizens, the retarded cousins of ANTIFA!
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If they only tried to annoy the .gov I would have no problem with them.

But the bullshit they pull with adverse possession and squatting is reason enough to hate them.

The rest of the shit they pull earns them getting beaten to within 1/2 inch of their lives repeatedly until they learn their lesson.

Absolute trash.
View Quote

This should happen to anyone who tries to pull bullshit to get off the hook, knowing exactly what they are doing. It is just so egregious. Who the fuck you think you are? Its just the principle of it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Rolling Probable Cause

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjxEityW0AANGo8.jpg

View Quote

That's what patrol officers call the " bumper sticker index." The more writing on the car, the higher chance of having to fight the driver.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This should happen to anyone who tries to pull bullshit to get off the hook, knowing exactly what they are doing. It is just so egregious. Who the fuck you think you are? Its just the principle of it.
View Quote

It is not just to get off the hook.

The pushing the line while trying to bait or troll somebody into a position where you can then pull a "gotcha" and sue.

It is in the same evolutionary line of as the whole 1st Amendment Auditard trolling nonsense.  Large scale losers trying to find a niche to land a big fish for a pay day.

Any good will they my have earned from trolling .gov, and showing clear abuses interacting with cops, are way outweighed by fucking with private property owners and being absolute fucking morons.

Thanks to the legal system we currently have there is no effective means of reasoning with them.   The beat downs they deserve do not take place and they feel as if they are a protected species same as many other dirt bags.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#47]
I self Identify as the non-identity CFSNB or "Citizen Fluid, Sovereign Non-Binary"
...but only on tuesday's between 2am & 4pm.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#48]
lol
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#49]
most of them seem pretty retarded in the videos I've seen but I like the basic principle.

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The beat downs they deserve do not take place and they feel as if they are a protected species same as many other dirt bags.
View Quote

They do get beat downs when they deserve them.
They are not the protected species you think they are.

Jay
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top