User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:54:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She's wearing clothes to bed.
View Quote
the photo is an obvious photoshop, using stock elements thrown onto an image (at the wrong scale)

The chinese make the strangest products sometimes
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:00:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I like her but not in that way.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:01:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My Chihuahua sleeps under the blankets snuggled with his back behind my knees. When I have to roll over, my legs go over him like an arch and he will reposition his back against the back of my knees. Going on over 7 years now.
View Quote
Now do that with 75# of greyhound! He'll ball up, down below and behind my knees, and stay pretty still all night long.

Goddard is also willing to snuggle up to my wife, or to our friends that're staying over, too  although he will low-growl grumble at them if they move around too much (although, I'm pretty sure that he learned that from my wife) or to chase him off and away.

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:01:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Dog sleeps on someone’s legs, normally it’s my wife or my older son, but he goes where ever he wants.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:15:53 AM EDT
[#5]
My mal sleeps at my feet every night.
Then the wife hops in.  Sometimes a kid or two will have a bad dream and join.  
Some days I wake up with zero room and wondering how I didn’t roll off the bed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:31:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope.  If you do, it's a step closer to him thinking he is an equal to the alpha. No kids sleep in the bed. No dogs sleep in the bed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:45:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Nope, she doesn't share bed space well.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:52:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Only way I can sleep
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 4:13:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Doggo is rarely more than 5 or 6 feet away from me when im home. She sleeps on the very corner of the foot of the bed unless she gets hot and moves to the cooler floor. Bitey end always aimed at the door with ears on alert.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 4:28:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Dachshunds are near perfect bed dogs. Sleep on your side and one will lay out by your back. So soothing on rare, cold nights.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 4:41:42 AM EDT
[#11]
No she has her own bedroom with her own bed. Now on the couch with padding yes. It's a 12 lb dog.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 4:49:29 AM EDT
[#12]
My dog has a bed on our floor. Throughout the night she alternates between that and several other spots around the house.

When she gets scared (like with NYE fireworks) we will let her sleep on our bed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 4:59:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dogs are cool
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Heck no, they're called "dogs" for a reason
Dogs are cool

Dogs are cool

I have two Aussies. Great animals! But not on the bed. Bed is for wife and I
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 5:08:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Mine always slept at the foot of my bed on a dog bed. When I was a little kid I had a golden retriever puppy that only liked me and it would sleep in my little twin bed with me. When he got bigger he would sleep next to my bed. Fun fact , after I got out of the Marines I was too cheap to buy a new bed frame so I got my childhood one and a new mattress and  stayed sleeping in a twin mattress till I was 24
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 5:27:28 AM EDT
[#15]
No, I don't eat of her bowl or shit in her yard either.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 5:42:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If so do you use their bed or yours?  
Apparently this is a thing now, I guess I've been under a rock.

Human dog bed:

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/GUEST_7ea6d81c-d40b-4cde-b29a-7ce207847bac?wid=1200&hei=1200&qlt=80&fmt=webp
View Quote

appears it was even a shark tank idea

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 5:49:01 AM EDT
[#17]
One of my dogs sleeps on a $300 queen-size, firm, memory foam mattress topper. It was my mattress topper before my wife and I married. Did my dog sleep on my bed, or did I sleep on his bed?
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 5:56:57 AM EDT
[#18]
The smaller three in this pic sleep on the bed.

The Dane, Anatolian, and JRT/Beagle/mutt in the below pic sleep on one of the various couches and dog beds throughout the living room and front room.

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No....

Dogs are filthy and nasty creatures.
View Quote

So are most women
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#20]
They crowd me out on the bed. Usually two of our three at any given time.  They rotate over the night.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:15:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No....

View Quote

I used to like you
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:19:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Ours sleeps in between us at our hips facing the bedroom door. She’ll curl up against me pretty tight.  She was a crate sleeper until I was out of the country for a week and the wife was all alone in house. I came home to find out that mama had changed the rules while I was away.

She also curls up between us on the couch in the evening. She seems less guarded on the couch, I’m guessing because she knows we’re alert and awake then.

She thinks her place is close to us at all times. Love that dog.

I don’t like the hair. But I’m probably more closely bonded to this dog than any I’ve had before.

Pretty sure I’ll morph into one of those “my pet is my child” types when i get old.

It’s funny catching her stretched out in one of our spots on the bed with her head up on the pillow like a person. We use all those extra useless pillows the wife has to block the dog’s access to our pillows, but sometimes I forget or leave a gap.

Edit: she sleeps above the covers on a quilt we can toss in the washer whenever needed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#23]
my dogs sleep in our bed for about an hour each night while we read. then we boot them to the main area of house to be alert for noises. they sleep right near front door.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:29:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Dogs on the bed, couch, etc.
View Quote

This. I love my pooch, but he knows better than to even think about laying on furniture. Same with any dog we've had.

He's curled up on his sleeping mat and blanket about 6' from the glowing woodstove right now. Couch, sofa or bed? Hell no.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#25]
No. They're dogs and have the floor.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:07:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Yes.   Which, since he is a 200 pound mastiff, is like having another human in the bed.

When my wife gets up before me he will get in her spot.

I routinely wake up to this.

Edit:  that’s my hand on top of his head in this picture.  I’m 6’5 and can easily palm a basketball

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#27]
We do share couch naps together from time to time, but that's it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My daughters doxie somehow melts into the bed and hard to get up from the bed.
View Quote

My Amstaff became a 500 lb rock when sleeping on my bed. In college I started having insomnia issues and rolling into her exacerbated it so I moved her out to the couch.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:23:37 AM EDT
[#29]
My 20lb shitzu does.   The 80lb mutt nope.   The big boy has gotten old and slow and his hips are getting weak so he isn't jumping onto the furniture anymore.  We used to let him on the bed on Saturday mornings and have snuggle time since he got jealous of the little one being up there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:24:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Mine has been through a lot before I got him. In spite of that he's an absolute angel. He sleeps where he wants.

I love it when I ask if he's ready for bed and he runs down the hall tail wagging, jumps up in bed and just plops down like he's in heaven.

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Nope.  I'm alpha for a reason.   And he stays off the furniture, too.

In that respect, the dog has 25x the room I have.
View Quote

This.
Animals on furniture.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's fucking disgusting. There was a poll on here awhile ago and 50% of GD slept with dogs. Absolutely insane... Question I would like to know is how often they wash their sheets
View Quote
When you have animals in the house their hair gets everywhere anyway. Get used to it or don't have animals in the house.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#34]
No
His farts smell like an oil refinery
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So are most women
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No....

So are most women

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#36]
If we had that stupid bed the dogs would get on our bed and look at us like we were stupid. We have a huge dog bed for our Dane and I don't think that fucker has ever used it. I never thought about it but it's probably large enough for me to sleep on. We have to put him in a slightly cramped crate at night or all of his 140lbs will be across our legs. I didn't especially want a fucking inside horse as a pet but the neighbor was giving him up as a young pup and my wife informed me we were getting another dog. This is with a new kid on the way in a fairly small house.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Nope.  If you do, it's a step closer to him thinking he is an equal to the alpha. No kids sleep in the bed. No dogs sleep in the bed.
View Quote

Yes . . . and if you touch a frog you'll get warts.  Yes . . . and if you step on a crack you'll break your mother's back.

Eleven dogs over 40 years, and all have slept on the bed. Not one ever thought it was the alpha.  That's because the training never stops.  They always lie down and stay until they get the release word to eat. They know the words for couch, bed, chair, rope, ball, car, etc.  They heel, sit, stay, come when called. They get ample exercise so they aren't bored.

That dumb line about "they think they're the alpha" is only true if a human is too lazy to teach their dogs how to behave.  It has nothing to do with the bed. It has everything to do with consistent training and reinforcement

But . . . people do like their mythologies and folk wisdom.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd give anything to have our Boxers back in bed with us.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Ive had dogs sleeping on my beds since I was a kid, current border collie is capable of taking up most of a kings sized bed, she is only 40 pounds.  sleeps on my pilows until I come to bed then moves to bottom and faces door, small but one heck of a watched dog.  she steals my chair every time I get up and wont move.  funny dog
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Yes our dog sleeps with us, and he is a bit of a bed hog as well.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Our old female cat Meme sleeps with us and in paticular snuggles with me.

The lads stay out sleeping in the front room.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Nope, dogs aren’t allowed on furniture or beds.  They have their own nice memory foam beds in the family room and master bed room to sleep or lounge in.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Fuck no.  My dog is an animal, not a human, and is not allowed on furniture.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#44]
He's not allowed in my bed and rarely even goes in my bedroom. He'll rotate between the couch, the floor and the very nice dog bed in his kennel.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Our dog would start out in bed with us, but wouldn't stay the night. She'd get too hot.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#46]
No.
We have a GSD and Maliois. They have their own dog beds in the living room. I keep them out of the bedroom because they prowl the house at night going room to room making rounds.

The Mal just throws his feet out and boom! on the floor shaking everything. Then he will put his paws on the bed and nuzzle you in the face to make sure you are alive. The hop down and go to the next room. So I shut them out and they take turns lying against the door.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#47]
I love my dogs dearly, but my bed is my bed. Bad enough I have to share it with my wife
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#48]
sometimes when I fall asleep in my recliner my dog sleeps on her pad next to it
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:43:21 AM EDT
[#49]
My 70 lb husky thinks my bed is his bed.    He has his own dog bed downstairs, but he never sleeps on it.   Its even worse when my girlfriend is here.   When my girlfriend is here i literally have to fight my dog to sleep next to my girlfriend.  He always tries to get between us.   When she is not here he does jump on the bed and makes himself at home.  Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:43:35 AM EDT
[#50]
No - he’s a 160lb Burnese with about 50lb of shedding hair.
He sleeps in the basement on a patch of concrete (even though he has a bed / blankets / carpet). Trying to stay cool with that fur coat.
Yesterday he got into something in the back 40 and was having diarrhea… so he slept outside.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top