Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s called the open fields doctrine. Wildlife officers can go onto private property to enforce wildlife laws. They cannot however enter your house without a warrant or permission.

Think about it, if they couldn’t venture onto private property it would be damn near impossible to enforce game laws, especially in states with very little public land.
View Quote

It’s still wrong on its face. Unless crossing the shortest path to state land, they have no business being on private property without written authorization from the owner.

The worst petty tyrants have always been wardens, everywhere I’ve been, everyone I’ve met, everyone that’s mentioned them, the story is consistent. The TV shows about their asshattery are very tame compared to the horror stories, and even the ones I’ve met. Think Rod Farva, only with near unlimited authority, and no one there to check his goddamn ego.

Even the local deputies hate dealing with them, and those guys are real easy to get along with.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The open fields thing gets interesting when you have an island with a wall around it.  Is that publicly accessible?  Would one have a reasonable expectation of privacy on a private island?  I had FWC come by the other day, and they seemed confused when I told them to go away.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Private property. Fuck off. Come back with a warrant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s called the open fields doctrine. Wildlife officers can go onto private property to enforce wildlife laws. They cannot however enter your house without a warrant or permission.

Think about it, if they couldn’t venture onto private property it would be damn near impossible to enforce game laws, especially in states with very little public land.

I think that wardens should have to get warrants to come on private property like any LE.

But for you people complaining about the "king's game", I have a question.

I have 50 acres I'm moving to in CO.
I've seen herds of 30 - 40 elk grazing on my land.

Are you saying under your system I can just shoot them all because while they're on my property, they're my elk?

Please explain how we'd have elk next year under your wildlife management program.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s sad. Very sad. I feel for them, I really do.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I was given a ticket for not having a life vest in a kayak, not a large river just a lazy float kind of place. You don't have to have a PFD on just in the kayak somewhere. How that helps if you fall out I don't know.

Anyways the whole time this guys is writing me the ticket probably 30 or so people float by on tubes drinking beer. Do they need life vests? Did all of them get tickets? Nope.

Stupid laws and stupid enforcement, thankfully I was able to donate $150 via the ticket to the state for that one. Maybe it can go to something useful for the fish cops like another new jet boat for chasing all of the dangerous people in kayaks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

In Texas, the game wardens can enter your house, without a warrant, to search your refrigerators, freezers and other storage areas in search of illegal game.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The open fields thing gets interesting when you have an island with a wall around it.  Is that publicly accessible?  Would one have a reasonable expectation of privacy on a private island?  I had FWC come by the other day, and they seemed confused when I told them to go away.
View Quote

The answer to this problem is indeed a private island and a wall.

Since SCOTUS says the 4A applies to curtilage, you simply expand your curtilage.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#8]

I always find it funny just how many people in thousands of cop threads over the years STILL get it all wrong.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#9]
In a more perfect world.

Commercial poachers should all be hanged.

Subsistence poachers with kids to feed is another story...case by case.

imo

However we do not live in a more perfect world.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Lacy Act is basically a 4th amendment invalidator. Based on my discussions with some of arf esteemed cops, they don't see to give a shit about the 4th amendment either.

https://www.fws.gov/international/laws-treaties-agreements/us-conservation-laws/lacey-act.html
View Quote

I'm guessing that because that is a treaty (has an "international" facet invovled) it allows fish po-po to skirt the 4th? From what i know (little), treaties can be constitionally binding?  

That is the warning pro 2A orgs were talking about in regard to that international small arms treaty that our domestic commies are always desiring for the US to ratify.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
King's men doing King's men things, plus poaching The King's deer is down right treason.

View Quote

Especially since the deer reproduce the same number of deer killed each year.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#12]
My problem is they go without any suspicion, they just assume you are guilty as fuck and come in.

My dad and I are eating dinner one night on private property in his travel trailer. We're kind of down in a bottom next to a river, you can't really see us unless you flew a helicopter over. Dad says he here's someone out there running around in the field with a 4 wheeler. So he jumps on our gator to drive up and see what's going on. He runs into the game warden in the middle of the pasture at night, 400 yards from the gate to get in the property.

Doesn't call or notify anyone, no suspicion of anything except he's looking for hunting camps, driving out in the fields at 8 o'clock at night.

Yeah, fuck that shit. Open fields doctrine is wrong.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I’ve never had a pleasant interaction with a game warden. My 1st encounter was about 16. Routine check of fishing license turned into an hour long lecture. Several deer hunts interrupted be a game warden checking licenses/deer tags. Range trip turned into firearms serial #’s being checked. Duck hunting adventure halted by game warden checking licenses and plugs in shotguns. Almost always they had condescending attitudes like dealing with some gun counter salespeople.
View Quote

My only interaction was as a teen and i was fishing without a licence. Bootleg beer bought by us then minors was the real motivation for that fish outing on the lake.  

That warden was a sneaky fucker. Only one boat on the lake that night. It passed around the bend, way out of sight, like a quarter mile. My brother and i were pretty shitfaced and fishing was interfering with beer drinking, so we'd already left the rods up in the woods. Our buddy Randy was still hard at, wading with his rod in the water.

Thirty minutes after we saw that boat pass an authoritative voice sounds from woods behind us: "You boys have fishing licences?" Lil Bro and i were kind of spooked by the fire, but Randy froze like a statue. "Ploop" went his rod in the water. The rod had been pointed out at the lake and Randy hoped the warden had not seen it. Nope. "Son, please fish up that rod out of the water or I'll tack on a littering  citation, too."

Luckily, he never saw our rods and did not appear to give two shits that three obviously underage teens were drinking beer. Guess he was tired after his long 1/4 mile sneak-stalk through dark woods to bust us. That dude was dedicated, i give him that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#14]
From my fuzzy memory or case law....

4th amend somehow only protects the curtilege of your property...your yard. If you own land, even if you have posted no trespassing, somehow it's okay for law enforcement to ignore this and walk your property. That case had something to do with someone growing the mary jane on his land.

As far as questioning someone, there is a difference between a stop based on authority and a casual conversation (custodial vs non custodial). If the wardens are coming to your front door and asking you if they can speak with you then it is probably because they ain't got sh*t and want you to make some admissions. If they are going to detain you and ask questions then then you get your miranda warnings.

Food for thought. And if the fed bois ever show up you should really keep your mouth shut and record yourself telling them to get off your property, you got nothing to say to them. I could be a witness to a bank robbery and I would not speak with them to even give a witness statement. They are liable to see you voted for trump and arrest you for saying it was around 2:05 pm when it was actually 2:01pm.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I always find it funny just how many people in thousands of cop threads over the years STILL get it all wrong.
View Quote

Kinda like how you got it wrong in the Amir Locke thread?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

In Texas, the game wardens can enter your house, without a warrant, to search your refrigerators, freezers and other storage areas in search of illegal game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where, exactly, do you people come up with this crap? Let me guess, your uncle's cousin's wife's neighbor knew a reserve deputy who seent it?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Open Fields applies to all law enforcement, not Game Wardens. Game Wardens have zero additional constitutional authority over any other form of government. Depending on the state and the agency, they may have more or less statutory authority, but state law cannot allow for the violation of constitutional rights.

Edit; In this thread we will get to hear about all kinds of things that never happened, and analysis of case law by folks who have no clue how anything works. These are always fun discussions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Open Fields applies to all law enforcement, not Game Wardens. Game Wardens have zero additional constitutional authority over any other form of government. Depending on the state and the agency, they may have more or less statutory authority, but state law cannot allow for the violation of constitutional rights.

Edit; In this thread we will get to hear about all kinds of things that never happened, and analysis of case law by folks who have no clue how anything works. These are always fun discussions.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I ain't got any use for them. They won't do shit to stop immigrants from going out and shooting anything they see during hunting season but will climb over a mountain of pussy just to fuck my hunt up
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think that wardens should have to get warrants to come on private property like any LE.

Are you saying under your system I can just shoot them all because while they're on my property, they're my elk?

Please explain how we'd have elk next year under your wildlife management program.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loaded question.

Both things can be true:

You can make what you're implying illegal.

You can also demand Law Enforcement respect the 4th Amendment and obtain a warrant to search the property.

It's not either or.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#21]

That is hilarious, but my favorite is the one with "Nice Underwear" on it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I wonder this to.  You also see the texas rabbit police show I think its called Lone Star Law that they appear to be able to stop and search a boat for no reason and no one objects to them searching the boat.  Why is a boat different from a car?
View Quote

I believe most states have boating safety laws that allow them to conduct "safety equipment" checks....i.e. life preservers and fire extinguishers.  Oh, hey!  You smell like you've been drinking!
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

PC, RS, whatever.

It’s still bullshit, semantics aside.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a lot of intricacies to boat safety inspections. As an anecdotal example, the city I live in owns four lakes. In order to put a boat on the water in one of these lakes, you much purchase a city permit.  The purchase of that permit includes a proviso that you agree to have the required safety equipment, and to allow safety inspections upon request. Safety inspections are not searches, and are no different than a DOT Inspection performed on commercial vehicles.

As for boat searches....you kinda got your legal terms discombobulated. Probable Cause is not required for a vehicle, or boat, stop. Reasonable Suspicion, however, is. Reasonable Suspicion permits the detention, and if Probable Cause is established, the vehicle exception of the search warrant rule applies.

PC, RS, whatever.

It’s still bullshit, semantics aside.

Lots of PC/RS/WTF up and down the coast between now and Labor Day.
I invite anyone interested to NOT pull your vessel over when FWC throws on the lights. If you're in the right place you might get to meet some Coasties too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Emphasis added.

WI Supreme Court thinks that any activity you're doing that falls under the DNR's authority to regulate meets that definition.  All the warden has to do is make a claim that you did something that made him suspicious you were participating in an activity (lawful or otherwise) that falls under his purview and presto, constitution smonstitution.  Whether it's your vehicle, or your freezer, or your boat or anything else they think you could possibly hide evidence of wrongdoing in.

A cop needs probable cause that commission of a crime has occurred.  This above is like saying police only need probable cause that you're participating in an activity they're responsible for policing whether lawfully or not.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
In general, warrantless searches are presumptively unreasonable under the fourth amendment. Marshall v. Barlow's, Inc., 436 U.S. 307 (1978); See v. City of Seattle, 387 U.S. 541 (1967). Exceptions exist, however, to this presumption in certain "carefully defined classes of cases." See Barlow's; Camara v. Municipal Court, 387 U.S. 523 (1967). Traditionally, these cases have concerned industries that have a history of pervasive governmental regulation and close supervision where there is no reasonable expectation of privacy, or 228*228 industries involved in activities affecting particularly important governmental interests.[5] In these cases, a warrantless search is presumptively reasonable. See Note, Constitutional Law  Fourth Amendment  Propriety of Warrantless Searches by OSHA Inspectors, 1979 Wis. L. Rev. 815.

Emphasis added.

WI Supreme Court thinks that any activity you're doing that falls under the DNR's authority to regulate meets that definition.  All the warden has to do is make a claim that you did something that made him suspicious you were participating in an activity (lawful or otherwise) that falls under his purview and presto, constitution smonstitution.  Whether it's your vehicle, or your freezer, or your boat or anything else they think you could possibly hide evidence of wrongdoing in.

A cop needs probable cause that commission of a crime has occurred.  This above is like saying police only need probable cause that you're participating in an activity they're responsible for policing whether lawfully or not.  

Yep, WI really sucks in this respect.  It doesn't help that every Warden I ever met was a class A prick.

I had a warden tell me once "if I knew you had ducks in your freezer, I could walk right into your house to look in your freezer and make sure you don't have over the limit and the courts would uphold it".
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Once I got pulled over after passing a game warden going 90 in a 50 zone. I was dumbfounded to get off with a warning. He made it clear he had full authority to ticket me for speeding however.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
One of my best friends has worked his ass off to build a business. He doesn't cut corners on jobs, and doesn't hire illegals. His old boss is the opposite, with many illegals on his crews and has gotten his pee-pee slapped numerous times for incorrect methods/supplies/etc. He has some sway in the local area and continues to get by. My friend beat him out on a huge job and the old boss was pissed. First day of Dove season is a big deal here with food, family, etc. Old boss calls fish cops and they come out via "anonymous tip" and hold everyone there over 8hr while they literally sift the ground for bait. They find an ancient piece of corn on another end of the property where he deer hunts and cited EVERY HUNTER for hunting over bait, and got him for other charges. He paid everyone's fines.

If you watch the game warden shows, they seem to be dicks as much as possible. They fine everyone that makes the edit pretty much...and that's been my experience. I've never been treated like a respectable law abiding citizen and they have nearly always fined me for something....for example, I was fined for not having a pen with me to fill out a tag even though I had one in the truck that I would have used to get a deer. I was fined for not having enough blaze orange on because the vest was mesh and you can't count the entire thing. That doesn't mention having to tear my boat apart to find this or that, one making a buddy clean an entire deer for him (by command) because his tags were in his truck within visual range and not on his person when he shot a deer on private property, etc.

Be reasonable, whether a real cop or fish cop or whoever. I try to be nice to every patient regardless of age race etc so why treat me like a second class citizen. Maybe it's the salary or high school experiences, I dunno.
View Quote

Tag in truck, not on you...fined for not having tag.
Cocaine in truck, not on you...
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Easy case to win.

"Officer, did you see my client place the corn on the ground?"

"No, I did not"

"Officer, could someone else have placed the corn w/out my client's knowledge?"

"Yes"

"Your honor, I ask that the case be dismissed for lack of evidence that my client placed the corn on the ground"
View Quote

That requires paying a lawyer more than the fine. It is similar to the traffic court scam.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

To be fair, they probably don't have to hear that very often.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#29]
It was decades ago while I was a Reserve Deputy Sheriff in Michigan, but the DNR / game wardens had all the LE powers of a State Police officer plus more due to wildlife conservation laws.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
......rather than acting like the BATFE's retarded step brother.
View Quote

Ain't that the truth.

I'm a normal, middle class, law abiding, working American guy.  I don't do drugs, I vote, I show up for Jury Duty.

I was literally forced off the road in my pickup by two Game Wardens in central WI back around 2002 or so.  They were driving an unmarked LE fleet style Dodge Charger with red and blues in the grill.  I had my brother and a friend of ours in the truck and a fresh killed deer we had just finished tagging, laying on the tailgate.  I was pulling out of a dirt driveway onto a county road and turning right.  They were coming from the direction I was headed.  I was just finishing my turn onto the roadway when they came across the centerline at me.  I went to the right into the ditch to avoid a collision.  They followed the move and went nose to nose with me right there in the ditch, then jumped out in Woodland BDU pants, pistol belt, t shirts and jackets.  They never asked me for my license, they just went right to the back of my truck to look at the properly tagged deer laying on the tailgate.  They looked at the name on the tag and said "which one of you is this?"  I responded, "that depends, who exactly are you and do you have some ID?"

"Wisconsin DNR" the older guy said and did the badge flip thing.  The big strapping young kid with the shaved head said nothing the entire time.  I got the feeling that maybe he was an MP on loan from Fort McCoy which is very near this location.  

Then they demanded we remove our rifles out of the truck and uncase them to see if they were loaded or not.  

I got out my 110FP tactical complete with 10x40 on heavy duty rings and a Harris bipod.  No shit, the fucking warden says "what are you shooting at with that?  Do you need a rifle like that for deer hunting?"  I just told him "I'm not shooting at a deer, I'm shooting at a 1" circle on the deer".  

They didn't find anything wrong and so after looking in the magwell of each rifle, they just walked back to their car, backed out into the road, and took off without even a "thank you" or a "have a nice day", or a "sorry to have bothered you", not even an acknowledgement of any kind.  

So yeah............"BATFE's retarded step brother" lololol.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Since it's the King's deer, I wish the king would reimburse me for damage to a car when one jumped (literrally in the path of my oncoming vehicle).
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Had a case here a few years ago, deer cop spotted a rifle barrel sticking out the window of a blind, on private property, in a field 1/4 mile from the road, during firearm deer season.  

Walked across the field to check the guys license.  Some strong PC, there I guess.  

Ended up giving the guy a ticket for not wearing orange, while in his own blind, on his own property.  His orange coat was hanging on a hook inside the heated blind.  
View Quote

That is some chickenshit baloney right there but I'm not surprised.

I forgot another good story - I was 13 and my friend was 15.  We had just walked back in from one of our strolls down the nearby county road with our BB guns where we generally would plink at signs, cans, and an occasional crow or blackbird.

So we are standing there in the driveway, and a government Ford Fairmont pulls up and stops.  Uniformed fish cop gets out and starts yelling immediately.  "What kind of rifles are those????"  "They are BB guns".  

"That's illegal for you to be out here shooting!!!!  It's the day before deer hunting!!!!!  You can't shoot ANYTHING the day before deer hunting!!!!  If those were real rifles I would be confiscating them!!!!  Get your asses in your house with those and don't let me catch you outside with them today again!!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

when the ice breaks off and you’re floating around fucked call the judge to come save you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The courts have long held if something is in "plain" sight, it can be used against you.  I believe plain sight extends to using any bit of common technology as well, such as binoculars...This even includes flying drones now over open fields, as drones are considered to be widely available to the public now, at least that's how our Sheriff's department is interpreting it.

Here in Minnesota the MN Supreme Court handed the fish cops their ass 20 years ago.  They loved to zoom up to fish houses in their snow machines and rip open the door on your fish house to see if you were in any violation.  MN SC said no-no, fish houses are considered homes while occupied.  You need to knock and ask to come in.

https://www.startribune.com/ice-fishing-enforcement-behind-closed-doors/83977767/

when the ice breaks off and you’re floating around fucked call the judge to come save you

You're upset about them not being able to violate people's constitutional rights?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Natural resource officers pretty much have the highest authority in states. County, state, and federal enforcement they have
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Possum Police
View Quote

By far my favorite nickname.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Easy case to win.

"Officer, did you see my client place the corn on the ground?"

"No, I did not"

"Officer, could someone else have placed the corn w/out my client's knowledge?"

"Yes"

"Your honor, I ask that the case be dismissed for lack of evidence that my client placed the corn on the ground"
View Quote

Jesus, this is too easy.  I agree with you, but your case is weaksauce.  

"Officer, was the corn in plain view on the ground where the defendent was hunting?"
"Yes your honor".

"Guilty of the charge of hunting over bait".

It doesn't matter who put it there, what matters is A) Where you hunting, and B) Was the bait there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh really?

TX Code Title 2 Section 12.102(d) disagrees

(d)  Nothing in this section authorizes a game warden or other peace officer commissioned by the department to conduct a search otherwise authorized by this section:

(1)  in a person's residence or temporary residence;  or

(2)  on a publicly maintained road or way that is:

(A)  improved, designed, or ordinarily used for vehicular traffic;

(B)  open to the public;  and

(C)  distinguishable from a shoulder, berm, or other area not intended for vehicular traffic.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

And I find it not funny, how, in a thread full of stories about law abiding fellow gun owners getting corruptly shafted by cops, you can't find a shred of sympathy for any of them and instead just show up to belittle them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And I find it not funny, how, in a thread full of stories about law abiding fellow gun owners getting corruptly shafted by cops, you can't find a shred of sympathy for any of them and instead just show up to belittle them.
View Quote

Well, if 92% of them weren't absolute, unadulterated bullshit, it might be easier.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I’ve never had a pleasant interaction with a game warden.
View Quote

that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#41]
I was once stopped while hunting so the officer could check my magazine capacity, and I had to show him the actual hunting regulations and explain them to him before he finally gave up.

They should be the ones required to have a fishing license.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Where, exactly, do you people come up with this crap? Let me guess, your uncle's cousin's wife's neighbor knew a reserve deputy who seent it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read it for yourself . . . Texas Statutes/Parks & Wildlife Code/Title 2/Chapter 12/Section 12.1106.

Texas Parks and Wildlife Code
Sec. 12.1106
Seizure and Disposition of Contraband; Immunity

(a)A game warden or other peace officer who has probable cause to believe property is contraband may seize the property without a warrant.

(b)The warden or officer shall give notice of the seizure, including a description of the seized property and the location and date of seizure, to the county judge or a judge of a county court at law, justice court, or district court of the county where the seizure occurred:

. . . more . . .

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Since it's the King's deer, I wish the king would reimburse me for damage to a car when one jumped (literrally in the path of my oncoming vehicle).
View Quote

Buddy of mine sent the repair bill to DNR when he hit a deer...went as far as he thought it did.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#44]

You should double-check Section 12.102
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#45]
CAN YOU TELL THEM TO GET THE FUCK OFF OF YOUR PROPERTY ???
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Game Wardens do have more rights to search than standard LEO's

Remember it is the kings deer....fish.....etc

Red
View Quote

Most of our hunting laws and regulations were designed to make a subsistence lifestyle completely untenable as part of the great urbanization and conservation push. It was all done with the intention of driving rural people off their lands. Ironically the indian exemption shows they knew exactly what they were doing and knew they were outright banning a subsistence rural life.

The area around my camp is a historical record of those two great pushes. A bunch of hill country that has just the remnants of what it used to be before all the land went either to the state or to large lumber companies. They used a multi prong approach to drive people out of the places they didn't want them and to the places they did want them. High taxes and tax breaks for the companies and larger farms combined with using "conservation" laws to literally drive people off their lands and have lumber companies be able to buy them cheap. It turned into camps when the government turned on the lumber companies in the late 70s early 80s.

This type of thing is why we'll never be able to stop the great reset. It would take people leaning things like exactly how they did things in the past and that if they could drive people from their lands that had no running water, no electricity, no central heat and before conservation laws could live off the land they can much more easily do it today.

Remember they didn't ban suppressors because they were worried about movie type assassins, they banned them because they were afraid people would be able to shoot animals without the king's men knowing. They were afraid suppressors would slightly slow down their great agendas that just also happened to help make them and their friends richer and everyone else got fucked.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They have sent fish cops in to known drug houses to look for wildlife violations and they then found drugs.  A judge was on standby for an instant warrant. The Sherrifs then entered seconds later.
View Quote

Perhaps your state has its own laws that suspend your rights but I doubt it.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#48]

I read your link and nowhere did I see that it was referencing seizing property that they suspect is contraband that is inside ones home.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Baiting?  Must be one of those stupid states.  My buddy in IL and has to plant actual plants in order to bait the deer.  I guess he can't use a feeder.  

I wonder if they'd still cite you if you put a big sign under the feeder that says "No Deer Allowed?

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Probably one of the "rights" you give away when purchasing a hunting/fishing license.
Just guessing
View Quote

Who said that he old guy had a license?

He wasn’t hunting.  

COC 4 ~ Bollocks44
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top