Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I can’t believe local residents aren’t taking things in their own hands at this point.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
American Chernobyl

May not be from the damage done, but from the governments response and lack of actions thereof.
View Quote

Let's just hope it doesn't become the American Mayak.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
This country is a trainwreck when it comes to handling domestic issues. If it was a foreign country we would be spending billions to help.

But remember kids; The solution to pollution is dilution.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that not the over flow for excess rain water?
I see there is stone rip rap laid down to prevent over flow from eroding out the mini dam.
If the chemicals are dense and hang out near the bottom this looks like it’s working as intended.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This country is a trainwreck when it comes to handling domestic issues. If it was a foreign country we would be spending billions to help.

But remember kids; The solution to pollution is dilution.
View Quote

If Trump were in the White House, DC streets would be filled with environment protesters, 24/7.

Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably the best thing that could happen

A shit load of rain to wash the shit out of everything.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Government Amateur Hour

Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Probably the best thing that could happen

A shit load of rain to wash the shit out of everything.
View Quote

Trade saying…
Dilution is the solution to pollution.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]
If this ain’t proof that you’re on your own, I haven’t a clue what is.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#10]
lol can't launder from domestic issues

arfmilz everything is not fine
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's a couple of pics from Feb 23rd.

These are from north to south; OP's are from south to north.

Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oh no, I hope the people of Ukraine aren't harmed by this. Better send them some money just to be sure.
View Quote

This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Might want to read that article.  The train exploded and burst in to flame immediately.
No one went near it till it burned out.

As for substantially worse? 4x the amount of people live in East Palestine

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's probably why Reagan didn't go to the substantially worse Livingston train accident in 1982.

Might want to read that article.  The train exploded and burst in to flame immediately.

I read the article as well as others.  There was more vinyl chloride burned, plus they had cars full of tetraethyl lead, trichloroethylene, etc spilled.

Livingston's soil and water got a huge dose of bad stuff, significantly worse than East Palestine did.

We live in a 24hr news cycle, where in 1982, noone reasonably expected the president to show up at a localized train accident.  

Joe Biden is a piece of shit, but other than sniffing children and clogging up traffic, I don't see what he'd accomplish in East Palestine.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And the never Trumpers here will still continue to spout their drivel while our country is purposefully destroyed by incompetence.

Great job dipshits. Orange man bad, societal collapse good as long as muh feels don’t get hurt.
View Quote

Stolen elections have consequences.  Of all of the democRATs to choose from they want Joe Biden.  America is just full of idiots and Joe is NOT the biggest one of all.  it's the people who orchestrated the coup.  Whys do I suspect nancy piglosi is a part of that cartel ??

I believe I found the game plan:
Time magazine and Molly Ball
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
American Chernobyl

May not be from the damage done, but from the governments response and lack of actions thereof.
View Quote
Chernobyl was a disaster orders of magnitude bigger than this, but arguably the soviets responded better and faster.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#16]
LOL
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#17]
There is a chance this was planned...just like the "clean-up".

Who would do a controlled burn unless they wanted to spread the dangerous chemicals?

It all sounds intentional.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
And the never Trumpers here will still continue to spout their drivel while our country is purposefully destroyed by incompetence.

Great job dipshits. Orange man bad, societal collapse good as long as muh feels don’t get hurt.
View Quote

Trump is a compromised asset.

Sure he was good, but the problem is he’s trump.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My favorite conspiracy theory. So glad did not get the vax.
View Quote

I didn’t get it either.

It’s very, very bad for you
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Third world, here we come!
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What does this have to do with trump?  And he will save us from incompetence, just like his stellar response to the china virus?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does this have to do with trump?  And he will save us from incompetence, just like his stellar response to the china virus?

Nothing but the Trump nut swingers can't stop yelling at clouds. They are just like the Hillary vast right wing conspiracy tards. See that tornado? There were no tornados when Trump was president!!!

ETA: the Trump Transportation Secretary was the wife of Mitch the Bitch, Elaine Chao. There's you a real train expert
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#22]
But does it affect the protected classes?
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m over it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#24]

What does Swan Lake - Pas de Quatre have to do with this? Just curious. I love ballet
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#25]
EPA is very good at downplaying terrible incidents when they want to. Anyone remember the Gold King Mine incident in 2015 when an EPA contractor breached a tailings pond, sending 3 million gallons of acidic tailings containing lead, arsenic, cadmium and other nasty stuff into the Animas River and ultimately into the Colorado River?

Within 24 hours, EPA was actually telling the public not to worry, that it would become diluted and wouldn't be a problem. Meanwhile, John Q. Public has to pick the fly shit out of the pepper on his property to avoid harming an endangered worm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Gold_King_Mine_waste_water_spill
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Not to diminish the fact that a dam may have collapsed, but the pic in the OP is not of a dam collapsing.  It's of an overflow doing it's job.  The overflow is lined w/ rip rap to prevent erosion when the overflow water runs down it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#27]
What a shit show.

Link Posted: 3/5/2023 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not to diminish the fact that a dam may have collapsed, but the pic in the OP is not of a dam collapsing.  It's of an overflow doing it's job.  The overflow is lined w/ rip rap to prevent erosion when the overflow water runs down it.
View Quote

Yea, the overflow spillway is what keeps the dam from collapsing.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#29]
The residents of East Palestine are going to end up owning the Norfolk Southern railroad.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The residents of East Palestine are going to end up owning the Norfolk Southern railroad.
View Quote

LoL no..

At best they will all get a big sympathy payout settlement with RR insurance company . RR  buying up any contaminated properties.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#31]
If a government containment fails, it's ''not a big deal, harmless,'' if a private/company one fails, it's ''life as we know it is over and only many hundreds of millions of dollars will allow survival.''
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#32]
That's a spillway, not a containment.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's probably why Reagan didn't go to the substantially worse Livingston train accident in 1982.

You should take your own advice. That or question your capacity to understand and comprehend.

Now all that remained were the 6 tank cars of vinyl chloride. Experts determined that it was too dangerous to try to move or off load the derailed tanks. They decided to blow them up and burn off the product: known as vent and burn. A pit was dug around the cars to contain the vinyl chloride spilling from the breached tank and allowing the vinyl chloride to burn. It took 12 hours to burn the contents of the six cars. During the sixth day of the incident the controlled explosions were set off at 5:30 p.m. Fires burned through the night making it easier for railroad workers to remove cars on day 6.

They response was nearly the same as East Palestine. And the residents and area have been studied for 40 years.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Gubmint don't care, its Trump Voters.

Remember the years of the left shouting Bush hates blacks over Hurricane Katrina?    

We know damn well we've heard them say so, Biden, Butt-jig, all of them, they don't care, these people would never vote for them.

This East Palestine is 100% pure negligence, incompetence and apathy.    

Years from now lets watch the cancer rates and birth defects.

But is just Trump Voters.   And they still care about Climate SHIFT and the environment.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#35]
This mess should be called biden's Chernobyl.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I get how it works.  I was just pointing out that the pic in the OP was not a dam collapsing.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  This is an overflow doing it's job, not a dam collapsing.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:25:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What does Swan Lake - Pas de Quatre have to do with this? Just curious. I love ballet
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They were playing it at the end of the Chernobyl mini series. Swan Lake has been historically used by Russian networks to signify turmoil and political unrest. As NPR reported last year, the ballet was shown on a loop by Soviet state television in 1991, when the failed coup of Mikhail Gorbachev spurred the beginning of the end of the Soviet Union.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:00:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is making the Flint water supply look like bottled Evian.
View Quote

It wasn't the supply, it was the pipes and when they switched sources....

Fuck it. I give up. GD reality wins.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well, for one Pete Buttfuck wouldn't be in charge of the operation.
View Quote
Isn't everything post-crash on the EPA and/or the Army Corps of Engineers?   Neither are exactly known for excellence.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:54:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
EPA is very good at downplaying terrible incidents when they want to. Anyone remember the Gold King Mine incident in 2015 when an EPA contractor breached a tailings pond, sending 3 million gallons of acidic tailings containing lead, arsenic, cadmium and other nasty stuff into the Animas River and ultimately into the Colorado River?

Within 24 hours, EPA was actually telling the public not to worry, that it would become diluted and wouldn't be a problem. Meanwhile, John Q. Public has to pick the fly shit out of the pepper on his property to avoid harming an endangered worm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Gold_King_Mine_waste_water_spill
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I can’t believe local residents aren’t taking things in their own hands at this point.
View Quote

@Krauss
What would you suggest we do?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Pete Buttsex has other priorities right now.

Pete Buttigieg Whines That Too Many White People Work Construction
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Pete Buttsex has other priorities right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzj-uKSbPb0
View Quote

That was 2 weeks ago.

He's already confirmed he's a pandering, rainbow licking, incompetent piece of shit who's more concerned with his appearance than helping a predominantly red town in Ohio.

What else we got fellas?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That looks more like a spillway doing what it's supposed to be doing.  

I imagine whatever chemicals are moving are greatly diluted.
View Quote

Shall we get you a glass of the water from the spillway for you to drink?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That was 2 weeks ago.

He's already confirmed he's a pandering, rainbow licking, incompetent piece of shit who's more concerned with his appearance than helping a predominantly red town in Ohio.

What else we got fellas?
View Quote

I live about 4 miles from you. I have heard a rumor that banks are not lending money for people to buy houses in the immediate area. So if true, those people are just stuck there. Have you heard about this?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That looks more like a spillway doing what it's supposed to be doing.  

I imagine whatever chemicals are moving are greatly diluted.

Would you normally drink a glass of stormwater runoff?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There is a chance this was planned...just like the "clean-up".

Who would do a controlled burn unless they wanted to spread the dangerous chemicals?

It all sounds intentional.
View Quote

That is what I have been thinking.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I live about 4 miles from you. I have heard a rumor that banks are not lending money for people to buy houses in the immediate area. So if true, those people are just stuck there. Have you heard about this?
View Quote

I stopped last Friday for a case of water for my mother (just had knee replacement surgery and is supposed to come home today.

Lady giving out water said a real estate agent friend of hers sold 8 houses last week above "market" value.

I have no idea what "market value" is these days and I can't say I believe her (in fact, I dont) but, to quote a great American: "at this point, what difference does it make"

At this point, I try not to "confuse people with the facts because, they've already got their minds made up"!
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Same RR had another derail in OH this weekend. This is between Dayton and Columbus.

Another Norfolk Southern train derails in Ohio

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top