User Panel

Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 13 of 279)
Page / 279
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JuanPing:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/398889/Image-742153-2348574.jpg

Note the part where Musk says he may reconsider his position as shareholder if they reject his bid. Is this his escape route from this entire charade to save face?
View Quote

It's his threat to crash the share price ... with no survivors.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:08:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Note the part where Musk says he may reconsider his position as shareholder if they reject his bid. Is this his escape route from this entire charade to save face?
View Quote
I would take it as a thinly veiled threat of "play ball, or I publicly dump your stock tanking it."

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

No, it’s his warning that he might tank their stock price if they refuse
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:11:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NunyaBidness] [#4]

View Quote
No, that's a threat to tank the stock and legal justification for doing so.

Edit: Beat like a drum.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL The attacks on Musk already started. @7:40

Basically the usual "he's a racist" rhetoric and demeaning Tesla. LOL Gonna be interesting seeing the reaction of all the libs who drive Teslas.

Tucker: This could break the Democratic Party
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:16:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SWIRE] [#6]
Originally Posted By pdb5906:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Dumps Twitter and buys ownership shares of DWAC, ie Truth Social.  Assuming it actually has a viable site ready for the public.  

The way the internet thinks: Elon Tweeted out yesterday "Truth is the first casualty".  He used the word Truth so he must Truth Social is going to the moon!
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

I'm thinking that even IF twitter pulls its strings in the .gov/courts, and fucks with Elon, and keeps their clubhouse?

Sonofabitch will probably announce he is going to make his own platform.

Yes, there have been other ones - but they were often started by political people who were tech-people 2nd or 3rd. Elon's got a leg up on that.
He's also going through this process showing people, "Hey look i TRIED to work with them, I TRIED. They didn't want to fix ANYTHING."

Yes, google and apple might pull his app off the markets, but that flies when it's a "small" platform with small visibility.
Something Elon touches is dramatically more visible, they will 100% out themselves in a way more people see.
View Quote

$43,000,000,000.00 is some righteous seed money.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#9]
It just occurred to me that Musk offered $54.20 a share. Making the offer end in "420" probably cost him billions. This man sacrificed a fraction of his net worth to make a "lmao weed" joke in front of God and the entire world.

We do not deserve him.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RSG:
View Quote
How dare they attack an African-American like that?!?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#12]
All Bluechecks

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Makes sense, but I also recall people saying Twitter would fail when they booted Trump off the platform.  It dipped for a bit, but came back again.

I just don't think they really care.  They will ride it into the ground just to make a point and will never concede anything which would signal they were in the wrong. That's why the right always loses...always willing to capitulate as soon as things get a little uncomfortable.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FullSemiautomatic:

No, it's his warning that he might tank their stock price if they refuse
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FullSemiautomatic:

No, it's his warning that he might tank their stock price if they refuse
I bought a couple of May 31 puts in case that happens. I think that's more likely than the psychos who run Twitter ever relinquishing it. But I hope Musk prevails. Who knows what his plan is.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#16]
All Bluechecks

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Freedom of speech terrifies them.

Do they not see the irony in their statements?  Are people really that stupid?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#19]
All Bluechecks

View Quote

Twitter & Friends is a woke clubhouse.
Has been for years.
And they want it to stay that way, while pretending that they're the TRUE townsquare for EVERYONE.

Recall that the edgy kids on ARF were telling us that twitter (and FB and the others) weren't biased against anyone not a totally woke progressive.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#20]

This is awesome.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By drillerdave:
Any chance of someone live streaming the board meeting.lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:42:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raven] [#22]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

View All Quotes

These people aren't really Americans. They don't have our values, we don't have anything in common with them other than our language. I'm serious. They have a vision of politics, government, law, justice, society, human nature, even reality I find completely alien. It's not what I was taught growing up or experienced in my life. Liberals in the old days at least had common agreement and understanding about things like that. These people don't.

Elon seems to get it though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Musk will be giving a TED talk in a bit.  LOL
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By OTHP:

He has fuck you money and says fuck you to a lot of things that piss him off or he sees as wrong.

Still don't trust him due to past things said but even with some of his past statements his actions seem solid.

Then again I don't follow him like a rock star so I have no idea what his real agenda is.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Where are the Talking Point Boys?

UPS must be late with the points.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By M4-AK:

View Quote

I think the morning block is for that muppet Dr. Fauci
Afternoon is where they get to glowie groups and lefty-tech-billionaire run platforms that censor republicans.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Thank you Elon. This is guy is just getting better all the time. FJB and Let's Go Elon.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#28]
All Bluechecks

View Quote

Where are they going to go to? Facebook?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By raven:
These people aren't really Americans. They don't have our values, we don't have anything in common with them other than our language. I'm serious. They have a vision of politics, government, law, justice, society, human nature, even reality I find completely alien. It's not what I was taught growing up or experienced in my life. Liberals in the old days at least had common agreement and understanding about things like that. These people don't.

View Quote

@raven

The woman responsible for turning Trump's account off literally was not an American.

She was Indian (south asian variety).
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

They were made that stupid. They were created by a society that prioritizes following orders above all else.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote
rallying the troops against him.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#33]
The next step in this evolution is ALL the diamond hand, to the moon types go along with Elon the Great and agree to purchase and vote with him.

This fucks BLACKROCK right off and the board as well.

It would be the equivalent to a revolution in the Stock Market.  They couldn't let it happen but would have to break the system to stop it.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By transplanted:

@raven

The woman responsible for turning Trump's account off literally was not an American.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By raven:

@raven

I'm sure we'll see a google doodle of her on the frontpage on her birthday.

They'll probably forget Christmas, July 4th (Google isn't biased btw, so said The Smart KidsTM on this site once or twice).
But they'll remember NPC Twitter Janitor #5,478.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 0002s:
The next step in this evolution is ALL the diamond hand, to the moon types go along with Elon the Great and agree to purchase and vote with him.

It would be the equivalent to a revolution in the Stock Market.  They couldn't let it happen but would have to break the system to stop it.

View Quote

Opinion: People seeing the tendrils of control to the ruling class has been helpful.
Think about how in denial people were about many of the most obvious things (like Wikipedia's bias. They scrubbed Obummer's Wiki page when he won the DNC nomination in 2008. even in a right leaning space like ARF they couldn't figure out what that meant).
In 2022 after their masks kept falling off, we found out they had a side, they had an agenda, and they were wielding their power to crush us most specifically.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
View All Quotes
Or announcing the sale.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#37]
It just occurred to me that Musk offered $54.20 a share. Making the offer end in "420" probably cost him billions. This man sacrificed a fraction of his net worth to make a "lmao weed" joke in front of God and the entire world.

We do not deserve him.
View Quote

LOL What a time to be alive.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

BlackRock being a very large shareholder doesn't have the fiduciary responsibility the board or CEO of Twitter do, but they do have a fiduciary responsibility to their own owners and investors.

That being said, BlackRock management is very heavily pushing ESG and DEI (their CEO literally started those two things) so they openly are not making profit their sole priority.

No doubt that BlackRock will rally their allies to try to fuck over or fence out Musk.

Musk will be trying to rally his own allies and oppose BlackRock et al.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:25:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope] [#39]
Elon Musk is offering $54.20 a share for all of Twitter and you don’t need to work up a discounted cash flow analysis to see how he arrived at the price.

Starting from Twitter’s closing price of $45.85 on Wednesday, $54.20 is simply the lowest price that includes “420,” a favorite Musk reference and shout out to cannabis culture. It reportedly dates back to the early 1970s and a small group of California high school students who met to partake at 4:20 p.m. each afternoon.

You might recall a similar nod in the 2018 tweet that landed Musk in regulatory hot water: “Am considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured.” This time, Musk announced his offer through a more traditional letter to Twitter’s board, which was published in a securities filing.

And funding in this case seems plenty secured. The offer works out to $43 billion, or $48 billion using a fully diluted share count, and Musk’s net worth recently topped $250 billion.

That leaves the question of why, and what comes next. In the offer letter, Musk calls free speech “a societal imperative for a functioning democracy,” and writes that Twitter “will neither thrive nor serve this societal imperative in its current form.” Break that into two parts: thrive and serve.

Twitter has been a stock market flop. It went public in 2013 at $26, and ended its first day of trading near $45. Before last week, when Musk’s share purchases were made public, it was trading at $39 and change.

But the company is far from a financial disaster. A new CEO has an ambitious plan to top $7.5 billion in revenue by 2023, a three-year doubling. Free cash flow is meager now, but bulls see it topping $1 billion by 2024.

For a back-of-the-envelope upside case, assume $10.5 billion in revenue by 2025, which is slightly above the current consensus estimate, and a free cash margin that is better than Twitter’s current trajectory of around 11% by 2024, but also well short of the estimated 21% that industry behemoth Meta Platforms (FB) is expected to clear next year. Call it 15%, and you can see Twitter approaching $1.6 billion in free cash flow by 2025, if you squint.

That means Musk is offering 30 times estimated 2025 free cash flow, which, for a company that can still grow revenues at high teens percentages, isn’t detached from reality. There are rosy assumptions built in here, including that Twitter will rekindle user growth and more fully cash in on its traffic. But the point is, Musk’s offer could pass for an act of capitalism, not just civic service.

BofA Securities recently had a $54 price target on Twitter. There’s no cannabis reference, but still.

As for what comes next, Twitter likely takes the deal or asks for more money. The company lacks a strong takeover defense, with no founder owning gobs of stock, and no supervoting shares. Musk in the filing calls his offer “best and final” and says that he’s “not playing the back and forth game.”

Management isn’t in a solid position to convince shareholders that it can unlock a higher value on its own. As for other potential bidders, social media players either lack the scale or would invite scorn from regulators. Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff considered buying Twitter years ago, but decided it wasn’t a good fit.

So assuming Cheech and Chong don’t team up with private equity for a $64.20 spoiler offer, Twitter could have a difficult time saying no. “We expect many twists and turns in the weeks ahead as Twitter and Musk walk down this marriage path,” wrote Wedbush Tesla  analyst Dan Ives in a Thursday note to investors.

Assuming Twitter accepts the deal, Musk’s past tweets hold some clues to other coming changes. Twitter will surely get an edit button for tweets. There will likely be expanded services for paying Twitter Blue customers, including jumping to the front of the line for verified status, with its blue check mark. The company might turn all or part of its San Francisco headquarters into housing for the homeless.

And––this one is more of a hunch––a certain former president and Twitter outcast might already be warming up his tweeting thumbs.
View Quote

https://www.barrons.com/articles/elon-musk-cannabis-twitter-offer-51649941030
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Twitter just announced they're considering his offer.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

And that's where the 'tendies' come in
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Love to be a fly on that wall.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#45]
All Bluechecks

View Quote

Wonder how they feel about Tesla's electric cars?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Elon doing his best Joker impression.
It's Not About Money, It's About Sending A Message ??
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#48]

Afternoon is where they get to glowie groups and lefty-tech-billionaire run platforms that censor republicans.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4-AK:

Do you think the same Talking Point boys post on other types of forums?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

Or welcoming their new overlord whether they like him or not.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Even though he can’t legally do it, I hope he announces his bid to run for President in the 2024 election.

The Reeeeeeeeeeeeee would be legendary.
Page / 279
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 13 of 279)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top