BCM
User Panel

Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 62 of 279)
Page / 279
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

It's my understanding he's buying it as is with no due diligence.
Like waiving the inspection contingency on a home purchase contract.
View Quote

What gives you that impression ?
since he is not using his personal actual money to finalize payment those putting up the funds on his behalf are dam sure going to do some due diligence. Secured with his stock or not. The deal goes through and stock plummets due to shit they never bothered to address..?
Musk has to put up more stock to cover it or they potentially get left holding the bag.
There is no way Private or institutional equity is funding it without some due diligence.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By xmission:

and advertisers?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xmission:
Originally Posted By fargo007:

The value of the company rests entirely on the quantity of real, human users.

If they misrepresented that, they have committed fraud by over-inflating the value of the stock.

Fraud not only in the sale of the company to Musk, but they would have also been committing fraud against the shareholders as well.

and advertisers?

As Elon pointed out, of course.  Yes.  

The noise now coming from the chubby indian is starting to sound like misdirection, CYA, and prevarication.

It's gonna come out that the "real person" behind all these obviously fake accounts is a "real person".... at twitter.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Not knowing how securities laws work, what would happen if Elon:

1. Disclosed an insider sale of 70 million shares at an average price of $30/share.

2. Backed out of the deal, claiming that all the so-called users were bots, and paid the $1B breach of contract fee.

3. Disclosed an insider purchase of 200 million shares at an average price of $10/share.
View Quote

He would not be in breach of contract if his offer was made against knowingly fraudulent representations of a true user count.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By spidey07:

Musk is playing them like a fiddle. He's in the ultimate power position.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:
The Tesla CEO added that there is "some chance" the number of fake and bot accounts "might be over 90% of daily active users", although Twitter told the SEC last month that the total was under 5% of its 229 million month active users. He also suggested users were being "manipulated" by Twitter's algorithm.

Hindenburg said Musk could pay the $1 billion break-up fee tied to the takeover and still come away with a better deal if he were to re-negotiate, noting his "significant leverage" over the micro-blogging website and the lack of a competing offer.

"Musk holds all the cards here," Hindenburg said. "If Elon Musk's bid for Twitter disappeared tomorrow, Twitter's equity would fall by 50% from current levels. Consequently, we see a significant risk that the deal gets repriced lower."

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/twitter-stock-slides-as-elon-musk-reveals-spat-with-legal-team

Musk is playing them like a fiddle. He's in the ultimate power position.
Fucking Beautiful
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Number1gun:

since he is not using his personal actual money to finalize payment those putting up the funds on his behalf are dam sure going to do some due diligence. Secured with his stock or not. The deal goes through and stock plummets due to shit they never bothered to address..?
Musk has to put up more stock to cover it or they potentially get left holding the bag.
There is no way Private or institutional equity is funding it without some due diligence.

View Quote

Numerous sources (WSJ, Bloomberg, Reuters, CNBC, etc.) report that he waived DD.  And while DD may be the norm for a corporate acquisition, funding from those investors probably goes into a SPAC, controlled by Elon.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:51:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#6]
Originally Posted By shaggy:

Numerous sources (WSJ, Bloomberg, Reuters, CNBC, etc.) report that he waived DD.  And while DD may be the norm for a corporate acquisition, funding from those investors probably goes into a SPAC, controlled by Elon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Number1gun:

This. The financial backers get paid no matter what.  They’re putting up the liquid capital backed by musks other not so liquid assets.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

Boom

There it is.

He is driving down the price and calling the past leaders on the table to the SEC.

He still wants Twitter but doesn’t want the dirty laundry.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:55:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#8]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Boom

There it is.

He is driving down the price and calling the past leaders on the table to the SEC.

View All Quotes

Boom

There it is.

He wants it on the cheap. That’s likely why the board agreed to his offer. They knew they were caught.  And his over the top offer was too much to turn down.

He’s got their short hairs in a vice, big time.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#9]

With 100% certainty there are people in the know talking to Musk. Musk is smart enough not to put this much money up unless he knows for sure what's up.

There's still no believable explanation for Jack's sudden exit. Jack is obviously bitter.

I believe Jack sanctioned a technical "golem" inside twitter to manipulate it hard during the "Orange Man Bad" years.

The golem was so useful, the wokes made it a central component of the platform against Jack's wishes. The public facing name for the golem is "the algorithm."

The golem at this point likely represents the power of a hundred thousand or more (fake) users.

Jack got outvoted on the golem, even after warning them they are committing securities fraud with it, and at this point removing the golem would be dramatically obvious and give up the whole show.

Jack was told he would be replaced by the chubby vegetarian indian computer room guy if he didn't play ball.

This is my working theory.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

I'm with you on that.

I don' think Elon is merely taking educated guesses on where to press.
Maybe Jack told him everything, maybe he's heard a lot of "open secrets" about what twitter is and how it's run.
I think Jack's talked to him, and he's probably had ground level employees talk to him too.

If you're a 20something year old tech kid who got his first Tesla, Elon Musk basically is Tony Stark.

I look forward to seeing this all unfold, I think Musk knows where the weak points are.

With 100% certainty there are people in the know talking to Musk. Musk is smart enough not to put this much money up unless he knows for sure what's up.

There's still no believable explanation for Jack's sudden exit. Jack is obviously bitter.

I believe Jack sanctioned a technical "golem" inside twitter to manipulate it hard during the "Orange Man Bad" years.

The golem was so useful, the wokes made it a central component of the platform against Jack's wishes. The public facing name for the golem is "the algorithm."

The golem at this point likely represents the power of a hundred thousand or more (fake) users.

Jack got outvoted on the golem, even after warning them they are committing securities fraud with it, and at this point removing the golem would be dramatically obvious and give up the whole show.

Jack was told he would be replaced by the chubby vegetarian indian computer room guy if he didn't play ball.

This is my working theory.

Part of me wonders about a few things.

1) I think they had to build the TW-1000 censorship tools, oh uh, I mean, The AlgorithmTM just to do business in China right? Same with Google?

2) TBH While I do believe Jack told Elon everything,
My guess? I think he was okay with it being turned on the republicans, at first.
If a bunch of alphabet soup people tell you, "Look this is due to Russian InfluenceTM. You're doing the right thing here son." Pretty persuasive in 2016 if you're a lefty.
He comes across as a wimpy soyboy, he probably felt guilty, "Trump won because of twitter", so no biggie.
He probably knew Twitter had influence on the news rooms, and for a time liked it.

Then the wheels started coming off, he wasn't allowed by the other parties to hit the brakes.
He didn't like Trump, but I'd bet this kid is a Sanders voter.
Bernie got screwed again, he probably had to sit and watch as the people who did that, now pushed forward Brandon

It probably bugged him how much his own company/platform was used to help Brandon.
Now Brandon is super unpopular, and human memories are kind of fluid - we use today's information to, at times ,edit our past beliefs.
He probably feels responsible he got him elected, that he was pushed into it, he felt comfortable with a lot of what went on, took a TON of shit for it - and they kick him out of his own fucking company.

"Know what? fuck you." he thinks to himself.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Boom

There it is.

View All Quotes

Boom

There it is.

Additional hypothesis: He's looking down the hall and around the corner.
He KNOWS they want and need him to fail after the purchase.
They NEED that. If they can't have Twitter, no one will.
Because they must have realized how dangerous it is, if their leftie SJW neighbors find out just how deeply unpopular a lot of their new religion is - and just how un-racist a lot of those people are.
HUGE threat.
They need to scuttle the ship.

Elon likely believes after purchase, there's a few things that would happen
1) Media articles critiquing EVERY decision he makes. Watch as they all agree with eachother too.
2) If they shut down the botfarms?
WaPo: "Millions leave twitter as Elon Musk's Hate SpeechTM supporters flood on."
ExpertsTM say Twitter has months to live.

3) IF* there were, say, bags of money coming in from NGOs or taxpayer money, (To say, look the other way on bot farms and provide data to big .gov) if those stop?
"WaPo: Elon Musk Twitter purchase a disaster, already running out of money in 5 months.
ExpertsTM say it may not survive to 2023"

And so on, and so forth.
It becomes a Dying BrandTM.
All the cool kids will "know" so.

"Ahh no point in going onto Twitter, I know Elon tried but oh well haha" would say the Greybars of society, accepting the MSM premise, not realizing that the puppet show of narratives was designed FOR that purpose.

I think Elon declaring the failure points BEFORE he gets involved for many reasons, including: When he fixes them, every fair-minded person knows why.
If he didn't?
People might not have opinions on it, and the media's stamping machine works best on blank-slate people.

WaPo: "Elon musk to suggest New ChangesTM
ExpertsTM say it won't work."

And the smoothbrains will now adopt WaPo's position, OR, do the ole, "Heh, guess what guys? Both SidesTM. Oh well debate over haha." which allows the lie to live.

TLDR: I'm just saying, I suspect Musk COULD also be stacking narrative sandbags, anticipating the PsyOp narrative machine that wants him to fail.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#11]

1) I think they had to build the TW-1000 censorship tools, oh uh, I mean, The AlgorithmTM just to do business in China right? Same with Google?

My guess? I think he was okay with it being turned on the republicans, at first.
If a bunch of alphabet soup people tell you, "Look this is due to Russian InfluenceTM. You're doing the right thing here son." Pretty persuasive in 2016 if you're a lefty.
He comes across as a wimpy soyboy, he probably felt guilty, "Trump won because of twitter", so no biggie.
He probably knew Twitter had influence on the news rooms, and for a time liked it.

Then the wheels started coming off, he wasn't allowed by the other parties to hit the brakes.
Bernie got screwed again, he probably had to sit and watch as the people who did that, now pushed forward Brandon

It probably bugged him how much his own company/platform was used to help Brandon.
Now Brandon is super unpopular, and human memories are kind of fluid - we use today's information to, at times ,edit our past beliefs.
He probably feels responsible he got him elected, that he was pushed into it, he felt comfortable with a lot of what went on, took a TON of shit for it - and they kick him out of his own fucking company.

View Quote

You and I are not far apart here.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

I'm too tired today, I didn't do a good enough job of selling where I'm seeing the overlap
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I almost feel sorry for Parag. He made it all the way to big dog Tech CEO, and he's still getting humiliated in public by his prospective boss like a sloppy 7/11 clerk.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Because they must have realized how dangerous it is, if their leftie SJW neighbors find out just how deeply unpopular a lot of their new religion is - and just how un-racist a lot of those people are.
HUGE threat.

1) Media articles critiquing EVERY decision he makes. Watch as they all agree with eachother too.
WaPo: "Millions leave twitter as Elon Musk's Hate SpeechTM supporters flood on."

3) IF* there were, say, bags of money coming in from NGOs or taxpayer money, (To say, look the other way on bot farms and provide data to big .gov) if those stop?
"WaPo: Elon Musk Twitter purchase a disaster, already running out of money in 5 months.

And so on, and so forth.

"Ahh no point in going onto Twitter, I know Elon tried but oh well haha" would say the Greybars of society, accepting the MSM premise, not realizing that the puppet show of narratives was designed FOR that purpose.

I think Elon declaring the failure points BEFORE he gets involved for many reasons, including: When he fixes them, every fair-minded person knows why.
If he didn't?
People might not have opinions on it, and the media's stamping machine works best on blank-slate people.

And the smoothbrains will now adopt WaPo's position, OR, do the ole, "Heh, guess what guys? Both SidesTM. Oh well debate over haha." which allows the lie to live.

TLDR: I'm just saying, I suspect Musk COULD also be stacking narrative sandbags, anticipating the PsyOp narrative machine that wants him to fail.
View Quote
I think you're directionally correct, but with a few differences.

Is everyone here familiar with Burnham's Managerial Revolution? James Burnham was essentially a former Marxist that developed a theory around the creation of a new class sandwiched between the capitalists and the workers called the managerial class. Essentially they don't own the capital, but they are credentialed experts that direct it and control it day-to-day. Basically what we're seeing now is The Capitalists Strike Back; billionaires like Peter Thiel, Marc Andreessen, Jack Dorsey, David Sacks, Elon Musk, and a coterie of others took their companies public, lost a large portion of real control, and now they're taking it back as a prelude to other, larger things.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#16]
It's amazing, Twitter and the media's freakout over this, is all because he's asking Twitter if what they're claiming to be true, is actually true.
They cannot handle it.
View Quote

That’s been my experience when challenging lefties in the public sphere.

They live on lies so are only able to look smooth when they control the flow of information.  If you can counter their bullshit and get word out on your own they collapse because they are building on sand.

This is why T$ was so effective and hated.  Unlike the average republican he didn’t just wait for the NYT or WSJ to report on what he said.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
I almost feel sorry for Parag. He made it all the way to big dog Tech CEO, and he's still getting humiliated in public by his prospective boss like a sloppy 7/11 clerk.
View Quote

He is getting called to the carpet publicly by his potential new boss for being part of a fraud.  I don't feel sorry for him at all.  Perhaps he should take it off Twitter but Musk is intentionally doing it for the reasons pointed out above.  

It appears Twitter is about to be hit for huge SEC violations if the bots, which are a thing, are prevalent as Musk and even I suspect.  

Lying to the public and to investors is disingenuous at the least and illegal at its worst.  In the case it is potentially illegal.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#19]

It appears Twitter is about to be hit for huge SEC violations if the bots, which are a thing, are prevalent as Musk and even I suspect.  

Lying to the public and to investors is disingenuous at the least and illegal at its worst.  In the case it is potentially illegal.
View Quote

We'll see.  FWIW, Twitter uses some pretty squishy language in its public filings regarding mDAU's.  For example in the 2021 10-K

"We have performed an internal review of a sample of accounts and estimate that the average of false or spam accounts during the fourth quarter of 2021 represented fewer than 5% of our mDAU during the quarter. The false or spam accounts for a period represents the average of false or spam accounts in the samples during each monthly analysis period during the quarter. In making this determination, we applied significant judgment, so our estimation of false or spam accounts may not accurately represent the actual number of such accounts, and the actual number of false or spam accounts could be higher than we have estimated."

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone who has ever used Twitter and has half a brain can see it has a VERY large % of bots.  Twitter bosses know it and those chickens are coming home to roost.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Is everyone here familiar with Burnham's Managerial Revolution? James Burnham was essentially a former Marxist that developed a theory around the creation of a new class sandwiched between the capitalists and the workers called the managerial class. Essentially they don't own the capital, but they are credentialed experts that direct it and control it day-to-day. Basically what we're seeing now is The Capitalists Strike Back; billionaires like Peter Thiel, Marc Andreessen, Jack Dorsey, David Sacks, Elon Musk, and a coterie of others took their companies public, lost a large portion of real control, and now they're taking it back as a prelude to other, larger things.

View All Quotes

HUGE threat.

And so on, and so forth.

If he didn't?

Correct. Large companies are infested due to board of directors also being infested.

Guess what?  Investor activism works, the left figured this out and have been doing for well over a decade.

Who gets to vote for board?  Shareholders. If you don’t vote your shares, you’re part of the problem.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#22]
The best part of this, is Parag and his ilk really don't understand, that EM already has all the answers to what is happening at Twitter, and because they don't understand it, they think they can still out maneuver him.

And every time they try it, EM shoves them into the break down lane.

Jay
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AZCOP:
The best part of this, is Parag and his ilk really don't understand, that EM already has all the answers to what is happening at Twitter, and because they don't understand it, they think they can still out maneuver him.

Jay
View Quote

Aka checkmate.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
As a multimultimulti millionaire, I'm sure he'll walk away with no fucks given.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:39:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shaggy] [#25]
I just want Musk to buy it, hire Trump for the day, and then call Parag and Vijaya into his office...

He could put that shit on pay per view.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:44:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#26]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:

He doesnt answer to money. Leftists and communists answer to satan only.  In their evil mind they are doing good.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

HUGE threat.

And so on, and so forth.

If he didn't?

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Lomshek:

They live on lies so are only able to look smooth when they control the flow of information.  If you can counter their bullshit and get word out on your own they collapse because they are building on sand.

This is why T$ was so effective and hated.  Unlike the average republican he didn’t just wait for the NYT or WSJ to report on what he said.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lomshek:
It's amazing, Twitter and the media's freakout over this, is all because he's asking Twitter if what they're claiming to be true, is actually true.
They cannot handle it.

It's amazing right?
The left had so effectively socially-bullied the right into being quiet, that it took a twitter-troll President to move the damn yardmarker out of our own homebase.

They'd ask him about something and he'd go,
"FRANKLY, YOUR NOSEJOB IS AS BAD AS YOUR RATINGS,
SAD."
Just launching into some of the most personal things you can even think of.
(against some of the meanest people in society who punch down at normal workers from an ivory tower in NYC but hey)

Now, while we don't necessarily "attack" like he does, the right is FAR more comfortable saying something like,
"Um, I just don't think drag queen story hour for children is a good idea at all?"
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I just want Musk to buy it, hire Trump for the day, and then call Parag and Vijaya into his office...

https://c.tenor.com/r9wJnDy3XyMAAAAC/youre-fired-trump.gif

He could put that shit on pay per view.

View Quote
I would buy a ticket.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Correct. Large companies are infested due to board of directors also being infested.

Guess what?  Investor activism works, the left figured this out and have been doing for well over a decade.

Who gets to vote for board?  Shareholders. If you don’t vote your shares, you’re part of the problem.
View All Quotes

HUGE threat.

And so on, and so forth.

If he didn't?

This is what I've been saying for years, and every time I, or anyone else, criticized a company, or C-suite/executive management, we were called socialists/communists/leftists by the principled, capitalist conservatives on arfcom. We were accused of wanting more government interference in business, told if we don't like it we should start our own company, etc. all so these nitwits could virtue signal to their mouth breathing, mullet combing ilk.

It's been amusing to watch nearly all of them shut the fuck up and now some are even critical of these corporations and good ole boys who run one company into the ground, be it financially, culturally, or service/quality wise and their golfing and yachting buddies on the BoD of another company bring them on and all their sycophants get brought with them to do it all over again at another company.

Even when Trump was banned from Twitter, we still had a few nitwits defending Twitter, asking "is he forced to use their servers?" and no, they weren't shills but long time, vetted members. What these principled, capitalist conservatives didn't realize was that it was much larger than just "servers" and when this very site was attempted to be deplatformed, I think that's when a lot of people here finally woke up.

One thing everyone needs to realize, understand, and accept is that while Musk may be doing a good thing with Twitter, ultimately he is not our friend. All of these unimaginably wealthy people are in their own club, and we aren't. Everyone is self serving, the unimaginably wealthy even more so than a working man who is just trying to give his family the best life he can. All it is to these ultra rich people, is a game. They will not think anything of destroying a 100 year old family owned company with a great reputation, putting thousands of people out work, and fucking over consumers with continually degenerating quality and service all so they can line their own pockets with bonuses. Now, it isn't just money, but pushing a leftist agenda for them too. Some of us saw this long ago and have been calling it out, but many others were too busy virtue signaling and telling everyone if they don't like it they should start their own business and they must be a marxist if they call out a C-suite/BoD.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Until someone like Musk decides to buy ALL the shares...
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AZCOP:

Jay
View Quote

^ Exactly this.  Musk probably has had all those answers for weeks.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Links?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:38:32 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

That just brings a smile to my face.

The Twitter board is gonna get sued by angry shareholders. Any financial benefit they reap from the deal will be at risk, assuming the FTC pretends they didn’t commit some serious fraud.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:16:57 AM EDT
[#37]
He tweeted the deal is off if they can't prove the Bot numbers.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:44:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:56:15 AM EDT
[#39]

He would not be in breach of contract if his offer was made against knowingly fraudulent representations of a true user count.
View Quote

It sounds like he agrees with you.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Expecting twitter to privide the truth, on almost anything, and watching them squim when lies are pointed out, is exactly why so many people want Musk to succeed. Even if he buys it and burns it to the ground.

Similar vein to Trump and POTUS.

Normal people are just tired of the bullshit parade.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Yessir. This is not  the first acquisition rodeo I've watched or rode on.

And the fraudulent filings with SEC are going to be impossible to ignore. There's a reason he mentioned that.

Seeing it burst into flames and crash to the ground will be just as fun as Musk buying it and turning it around.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JuanPing:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS6K7MMWIAESu2H?format=jpg
View Quote

Retarded take
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#43]
I asked this question in another thread, but I'd like to post it here as well...

If "bots" have infiltrated Twitter, what else are they being used for? Who creates them? And do they solely exist on that platform, or are they everywhere?

Makes you think...if bots can be created so easily, what other action requires anonymity and volume?

Also makes you think....when the DNC knew that Elon would inevitably expose Twitter's platform, they immediately created the 'Ministry of Disinformation"

The timing is all too close to be coincidental
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Man this is fun to watch.
The moves he's making seem to be accomplishing multiple things at once
1) They make business sense
2) They're exposing the truth, what's REALLY going on at twitter vs what were told was the truth about twitter.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:00:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fargo007] [#45]
Originally Posted By Im_Awake:
I asked this question in another thread, but I'd like to post it here as well...

If "bots" have infiltrated Twitter, what else are they being used for?

The "bots" haven't "infiltrated." They were almost certainly created by twitter itself.

Who creates them?

Anyone who wants to create the false impression that a large group of people either support or condemn a piece of information or idea. In this case as stated, these are most likely created and employed by twitter itself in order to create the illusion that left wing ideas there are far more popular than they actually are.

And do they solely exist on that platform, or are they everywhere?

Everywhere that you see "groupthink" that doesn't match up with reality. Other examples are changing counts of downvotes on Biden videos on YT, etc.

Makes you think...if bots can be created so easily, what other action requires anonymity and volume?

The "algorithm."  In other words, a golem, made of 1's and  0's that controls the fake bots into trending leftist ideas, and masking conservative ones.

Also makes you think....when the DNC knew that Elon would inevitably expose Twitter's platform, they immediately created the 'Ministry of Disinformation"

They did this in response to the notion of free speech being dangerous to them more than exposing the fraud at twitter.

The timing is all too close to be coincidental
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:08:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FivespeedF150] [#46]
Originally Posted By wyorock:
Anyone who has ever used Twitter and has half a brain can see it has a VERY large % of bots.  Twitter bosses know it and those chickens are coming home to roost.
View Quote

Yeah. Among “active” accounts trolls/bots are definitely disproportionate. Maybe it’s five percent if you include everyone who created a Twitter account but hasn’t signed on in years.

There’s also “bots” and “agents”, so I’m not sure how they’re counting dave979472973 with the mask and Ukraine emoji in his bio who is one of a few accounts run by the same live body. Not a “bot” but not a “real user” as far as advertisers are concerned either…

ETA I would say it counts as “fake/spam”, so if that’s what we’re counting yeah I’d say 20% is the floor for that count.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:09:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Palm] [#47]
If the Twitter Twats are juicing the numbers, does anyone else think CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS,  NYT, WO PO, and other leftists are juicing pole numbers too?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:10:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Im_Awake] [#48]

View Quote

Thank you. This is an interesting discussion.

So if these bots were created by Twitter, who is creating the bots for these other group think websites? Are these forums creating them themselves? Or are there 3rd party bot institutions that point-and-shoot at specific platforms unbeknownst to the website?

My concern with this is that it seems rather easy for software engineers to create an identity out of thin air. What other utilities has this technology been used for?

I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this...
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#49]
So out of curiosity, I went to see if I could find a quick clip about Elon Musk talking about how his purchase of twitter isn't just a money thing.
(This is from the recent TED talk)

Know what The AlgorithmTM fround for me?

Attachment Attached File

"Listen fellow NPC, Rocket-man bad."
He's gunna ruin it, it may no longer be this doubleplus good BlueAnon platform that helps the Chinese government crush its people in the name of ProgressTM.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:36:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 0002s] [#50]
People are missing the point about what Twitter has become.

Twitter ONLY EXISTS so that a fake anonymous sourced story can be pushed at light speed into the main stream media with a sense of validity due to the number of retweets, celebrity tweets and or supposedly important people tweets.  It's only function is to advance a narrative at speeds that couldn't happen before there was a Twitter.  The stories advance so fast that what use to take weeks or months to develop now takes hours.  As an added bonus nobody has to put their reputation on the line because Twitter is the journalist doing the reporting.  The rest of the journalists only use it as the source for their stories to advance the narrative.

It's a useful tool for advancing an agenda.  The bots exists to speed the process up.  We are fed the bullshit.
Page / 279
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 62 of 279)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top