Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 34
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Regarding the hangar fitting in the corner, it just has to be close.  The leaves from the ivy will cover any gaps.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought they were going to rivet it to the wall.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]

That's Bf-109

not Me-109
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you have a license for these? Looks modified.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
Just to make your day.....

There was a James Bond movie that starred Roger Moore.
I forget which one
Pre-Credit sequence had him fly a Tiny aircraft once or twice though a hanger.
Last time through he dropped a bomb and the whole thing went kablam.

Dare ya to find that aircraft and put in on one of the small displays.
View Quote
I don't think you can reference 'Octopussy' in school
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By brass:
They need to paint some trees behind it for depth first, then worry about the interior grey and lighting, and if the door is wide enough for 2 and how many other are ready in hanger, etc.  Could be a busy hangar!
View Quote
For sure... I hope they put LED hangar lights inside!  Great idea.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By guns762:
Update 9/2

Mural is progressing well.    We should be about ready for details, but my painters are wanting to roll sky paint from the lift.
https://i.imgur.com/xthGNO5.jpg

View Quote

Your photography skills have improved. Now you are keeping the majority of us happy. Notice all the women are facing the camera whilst the only male is facing the wall.

EBR
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By EBR666:

Your photography skills have improved. Now you are keeping the majority of us happy. Notice all the women are facing the camera whilst the only male is facing the wall.

EBR
View Quote

Haveaseatoverhere.jpg
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 9:44:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Update 9/3

Short Friday for students, as usual.   We are going to sit through our "Ladder Safety" lessons today, so we can break out the ladders.   Thus, not much is probably going to get accomplished, as far as project work.  

We think we will slowly work the areas where the drawing seems off, and figure out how to make the shape correct.    I think we are close on the nose.   We need to cut back into the main fuselage a bit and rework the first frame a bit more.  I think the intakes will also need some work, but not nearly as much as the tail section.   Major work needs done there.

https://i.imgur.com/BHL0cJy.jpg

The mural is getting some detail on the pad.   We will thin the lines out a bit and add highlights and shadows.   We are looking for good pictures of Vietnam from the air.   We will begin detailing some hills and trees soon across the horizon line.
https://i.imgur.com/CypeejX.jpg

Hangar roof is going well.  Students started the back walls yesterday.   I like the LED lighting idea.  I will get some coming.   Hopefully it won't be too difficult to get it installed with the roof and walls on.
https://i.imgur.com/rLv7slk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hyYYPFq.jpg
View Quote

Since you’re lighting the hanger, you aughta stick a flying saucer way in the back.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TrashWrencher:  Since you’re lighting the hanger, you aughta stick a flying saucer way in the back.
View Quote

That's WAY too easy.  Put in a Have Blue prototype.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I bet it will come out much nicer than Iran's stealth fighter jet.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TrashWrencher:

Since you’re lighting the hanger, you aughta stick a flying saucer way in the back.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TrashWrencher:  Since you’re lighting the hanger, you aughta stick a flying saucer way in the back.

I like this more betterer!
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Probably would not be visible at the height it will be at.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TrashWrencher:

I like this more betterer!

Probably would not be visible at the height it will be at.

The students who built the small model would know it was there, and sometimes having a small secret like that is fun.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#23]
these are the best threads on arfcom, by far.

OP is the best
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By guns762:  Very true.   I'll present the idea.
View Quote

Present as in y'all probably don't want to do this, or present as in if you make a perfect pasteboard replica of the super-secret prototype of the highly angular F-117 I might pass you?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Present as in y'all probably don't want to do this, or present as in if you make a perfect pasteboard replica of the super-secret prototype of the highly angular F-117 I might pass you?  
View Quote

IIRC Have Blue was a combination cross section model and controllability tester, and had all mechanical flight controls instead of fly-by-wire, and was substantially smaller than the 117.

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#28]

1/48th scale, then yes, we'd use it.  
View Quote

We won't ask the name of the "special" student who gets this project...  
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 12:23:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: redoubt] [#29]
Update 9/3

-snip-

The mural is getting some detail on the pad.   We will thin the lines out a bit and add highlights and shadows.   We are looking for good pictures of Vietnam from the air.   We will begin detailing some hills and trees soon across the horizon line.
https://i.imgur.com/CypeejX.jpg

-snip-
View Quote

You could probably pull some good stills from this.

APC CLIP 7-AIR STRIKE MISSIONS 8658, 8669 AND 8670, VIETNAM, 13 AND 14 MARCH 1965

Or this.
Crew Chief/ Door Gunner (UH-1Ds), Vietnam, Reel 1 of 2

ETA: One more.

APC CLIP 10-AIR STRIKE MISSION 7399 AND 8706, VIETNAM , 17 AND 15 MARCH 1965

ETA: If your mural is going to be Vietnam, you should have some Sandy (A1 Skyraiders) aircraft in it. Just go 2D in the mural.

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#30]
It is nice to know there are still some non-commie schools alive and well in this country today! These projects are awesome! You're a cool teacher and your students are so lucky to have you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Safety first.  Install a foam suppression system in the hanger, to be triggered randomly.

Yulista M6 Hangar: High-expansion Foam Fire Suppression System Test

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SilasB:
Safety first.  Install a foam suppression system in the hanger, to be triggered randomly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlmYBAxUUpc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzPVkPm43HA
View Quote

Yessss! but only at the freshmen.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 3:26:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kudzunc] [#33]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
Just to make your day.....

There was a James Bond movie that starred Roger Moore.
I forget which one
Pre-Credit sequence had him fly a Tiny aircraft once or twice though a hanger.
Last time through he dropped a bomb and the whole thing went kablam.

Dare ya to find that aircraft and put in on one of the small displays.

If going for an odd ""special"" plane, try the Transavia PL-12 Airtruk made famous from "Mad MAX : Beyond Thunder Dome" Although that might be to old &  Obscure of  reference and everyone will know Snoopy and  his Flying Doghouse/Camel and long aerial feud with the neighborhood cat Red Barron

See the more of this ugly Beauty Queen at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transavia_PL-12_Airtruk

Which doesn't cover  the  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wing_walking and/or  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnstorming  famous people that could be shown around the planes.  So there is room for some more fun.

Not counting adding Gremlins as shown  from the old "Twilight Zone" episode attacking the planes. Probably has been mentioned before.

On the  above mentioned Hanger's  "Fire Suppression System" of foam,  this might be able to be achieved to smaller scale with  a special effects "Snow" Machine.  That basically blows out very fluffy diluted soap foam bits. In a tight  concentrated space they can seem like foam flood or enough o get the point across. It doesn't leave a wet mess. My experience was more  with the large Venue 5k+ seats  sized ones ,  with brief install and forget on  the smaller ones. Although I'm a bit outdated on spec's.  Foam /snow would not likely  trip the fire detection system  (particle in the air type ) unlike a smoke/fog machine can, which Hazers  fluid  makes a fine mist.  ( yes Smoke, Fog, and/or Haze  is complex with multiple options).  That  "haze" is   small enough that the particles do not trip the particle type fire detectors.  Unlike the larger ""fog" particles  that  the common smoke/fog  machines' various  fluids  produce.  Which can linger or disappear quickly like shooting clouds at the plane that  will go away(disintegrate) as they pass with the right fluid type. The cheap  $9 a gallon from Walmart/party store at Halloween is far different fluid quality than the various professional types that are $120+ for the 2.5 gallon jugs. Which can last years in small  limited use in your case.

Warning  if adding any of the above,  you would have add the having to check the fluid(s) in your list of chores and budgeting orders or steal  the fluids from  the theater department 's supplies. Might even be able to pass of the cost off as a joint department cost to get the machine. They can take the machine for their shows that require such. How many shows a year and then that need snow? (just don't tell them that)  Which they could still use the old snow cradles on two fly line sets and leave our your machine for the visiting audience to see the display before their shows.  Really using snow cradles in front or behind the performers allows them to have quicker and contained area and allows you so much more creative control for how bad it snowing. You just don't bring that up until after they use the new machine once or twice...   The science behind how the different smoke/fog/haze work isn't hard for the machines themselves, if you want to make your own miniature one for less. The fluids types are the biggest difference and where the higher quality stuff works better(and is safer) but costs more.    Never  get the "scented smoke fluid" unless you are quitting in rage and on your way out with one last evil revenge....  

I 'm doubly jealous your students get to use a  nice scissor lift, I had to  often work from  large A frame  ladders with the dreaded middle extension. Which  becomes very ""butt friendly"" the longer you are sitting/working from up on top,  but  is  equally there when in need so you can grip quiet hard. In case if you start to loose your balance and/or  the ground crew starts to roll you  up small slopes......  

Have any  of your students, when in the Scissor lift ,   left their image  face planted on the clear domed security camera(s) yet?  

If so please share the video(s) because it almost always a classic D'oh! moment as people find that clear protective dome.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 4:25:39 AM EDT
[#34]
In on this one,the others have been great.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#37]
"Paint rollers at 15 feet. First one to drop their roller on the ground loses and gets painted by the winner!"

Dang, we never got to have this much fun in high school! Of course, we had the occasional saber-tooth stroll by... That was exciting!
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By guns762:  We sent in a freshman to make sure they could fit inside the hangar to install lighting.   The LED lights should be here today.   We will install them after some paint on the inside.
https://i.imgur.com/RP0FiO6.jpg
View Quote

A freshman for scale is so much more satisfying than a banana.  That would've been the perfect time to test the hanger fire suppression system of seniors spraying shaving cream.  Put a Go Pro on him next time & get video.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:55:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#39]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm liking the crossed paint rollers as part of the Shield logo of the Art Guild.

Two Amazon warriors w/ crossed paint rollers, rampant, surrounded by painted leaves, w/ a freshman male, hanging from the top of the shield upside down wielding a rivet gun.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm liking the crossed paint rollers as part of the Shield logo of the Art Guild.

Two Amazon warriors w/ crossed paint rollers, rampant, surrounded by painted leaves, w/ a freshman male, hanging from the top of the shield upside down wielding a rivet gun.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Standing on a bed of tiles....
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Today, I learned OP is a huge nerd.

As a bit of a nerd myself, I'm in
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Surrounded by leaves.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By pasquale91:

Surrounded by leaves.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pasquale91:

Surrounded by leaves.

Leaves are in there. I was hoping to find a way to add bubbles.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#49]
When loud snoring is detected in said hangar, I'd be inquiring if he is 'helping' by checking the soundproofing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Mak_380:  When loud snoring is detected in said hangar, I'd be inquiring if he is 'helping' by checking the soundproofing.
View Quote

That would be an ideal time for seniors to "test" the fire suppression system.  
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top