Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont know. JB being JB I guess.
Im sure some CAG Team 6 guy he gave a free hunt to suggested.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you seen his ARs? ARs should just be banned because of that. They look like a NASCAR car, or a rice'd out ricer
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/80601/security_jpg-945171.JPG
@dangerdan, any idea why the light is where it is? I am cornfuzed.
I dont know. JB being JB I guess.
Im sure some CAG Team 6 guy he gave a free hunt to suggested.
Do you not have a light?
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There's "phrase things poorly" and "threaten death on people."
Would a member who said similar things about cops, or black people still be on this site?
View Quote
Zing! Even after saying he was sick and had a terrrrrible temperature? Hell, just let Dave_A and SgtAR15 back if that's the case. (Please don't,  I was just kidding)
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Spend all the money on hookers and blow and waste the rest
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol. nice.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not my finest hour.

It seems a 103 deg temp, lots of cough med, and a bit of tequila can make dumb shit seem funny.

I don't remember much from that night.

That followed a few days of trying to explain to GD that there are real ligit reasons why bumpstocks were a threat to getting  a good ruling from SCOTUS on State level AWBs.

There are real reasons 2nd A scholars like David Kopel and Stephen Hallbrook, the NRA, the NSSF and most saw bumpstocks as a way to use the problematic dicta in the Heller Decision when the right AWB case hits SCOTUS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn

why would he be upset over bumpstock owners?

@JohnBurns
Not my finest hour.

It seems a 103 deg temp, lots of cough med, and a bit of tequila can make dumb shit seem funny.

That followed a few days of trying to explain to GD that there are real ligit reasons why bumpstocks were a threat to getting  a good ruling from SCOTUS on State level AWBs.

There are real reasons 2nd A scholars like David Kopel and Stephen Hallbrook, the NRA, the NSSF and most saw bumpstocks as a way to use the problematic dicta in the Heller Decision when the right AWB case hits SCOTUS.
Ok I am tracking.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Has JohnBurns been a paying sponsor (business) on this website, currently or in the past?
View Quote
Not that I know of...  However he did call me a no nothing bicycle repairman, and I know nothing about machining or building guns....  As a former sponsor of both  AR15.com, and an ISO/ AS certified machine shop, I found his logic a long distance from reality. ????
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not that I know of...  However he did call me a no nothing bicycle repairman, and I know nothing about machining or building guns....  As a former sponsor of both  AR15.com, and an ISO/ AS certified machine shop, I found his logic a long distance from reality. ????
View Quote
That's hilarious since he just assembles parts other companies made then lasers his logo onto them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hmm, I've heard the same.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ok, so do you believe throwing bump stocks on the grenade was the right call? @JohnBurns
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn

@JohnBurns
Not my finest hour.

Ok, so do you believe throwing bump stocks on the grenade was the right call? @JohnBurns
I believe blurring the line between semi auto and full auto would have made it impossible to get SCOTUS to rule that State level AWB are unconstitutional.

After the Vegas shooting bumpstocks were a goner, the only question was how.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Do you not have a light?
View Quote
It’s the placement of the light, shooter.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's a testament to your reading comprehension that you didn't know there was a bike repair man in that thread and I was referring to him.

Quoted:

That's hilarious since he just assembles parts other companies made then lasers his logo onto them.
Tell that to the 5 CNCs in the shop.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I believe blurring the line between semi auto and full auto would have made it impossible to get SCOTUS to rule that State level AWB are unconstitutional.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn

@JohnBurns
Not my finest hour.

So you are fine with the executive branch bypassing the legislative branch to change federal law by fiat?

good to know..... because you better not bitch when a dem uses the same power to go after something you do care about......because you sure didn't bitch about it now....hell you did worse.....you supported it
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What member did he threaten to kill?

He made a hyperbolic statement to make himself sound like an internet badass.  I did not see him threaten to kill any particular member, but instead just make a boneheaded general statement.
View Quote
Ah, okay that makes sense. I can see it being read both ways. Appreciate the explanation!
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#25]
what makes this even more funny to me is I know both of those guys.

dude on the left has a collection that would put most people here to shame. He def has a fascination with every form of Colt rifle, 1911, and wheel gun that has ever been made and owns the majority of them.

he rags on me because I dont own a Colt
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Looks like something the poors would do, ymmv.
View Quote
Well I haven't do it yet.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Looks like I need to pay to advertise my business on this website, maybe then I can get away with threatening to murder entire groups of people too!
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Looks like I need to pay to advertise my business on this website, maybe then I can get away with threatening to murder entire groups of people too!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just claim you were sick, had cough syrup, and were drunk......it worked for him
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The placement I'm talking about. it is, suboptimal.
View Quote
I know. the joke went over your head.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Long before bump stocks were a thing I remember being very concerned about the videos being posted on YouTube and LiveLeak of people bumpfiring their ARs and AKs.  I don't know if.mentioned my concern on arfcom, but I was genuinely worried that it would blur the full-auto Lin and when Suzie homemaker realized than any semi-auto could result in a full auto bullet hose then the next serious shooting could result in some real legislative hysteria.  Depending on who replaced Obama as POTUS, the combination of bump firing, a horrible shooting,  and SCOTUS liberal appointees - and we could genuinely lose the 2nd for all practical purposes.

The development of bump stocks just made me worry even more.  If Hillary had been elected, and appointment two SCOTUS judges the Nevada bump stocks shooting could have GUTTED the 2nd Amendment IMO.

So I totally understand the concerns.
View Quote
Even SAF won't touch the bumpstock issue.

Ted Cruz wants nothing to do with bumpstocks.

Alan Gura took a lot of heat for throwing full auto off the sleigh during oral arguments for Heller but he claimed it was the only way to get the win.

He figured he would have even lost Scalia to have argued for an unlimited 2A.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I haven't do it yet.
I guess you like shadows?

Or maybe you don't ever shoot from the support side?

Maybe you like to run wires and tape switches?

To each their own.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Alan Gura took a lot of heat for throwing full auto off the sleigh during oral arguments for Heller but he claimed it was the only way to get the win.

View Quote
So we shouldn't criticize President Trump as the major pro gun guys think banning bump stocks was the right choice.......interesting...

So AR15s were saved from being banned by the bump stock sacrifice?
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm certain. Long day...
View Quote
It has been for me. I'm toast.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#44]
I spent four hours at the VA today, that's for this thread it was just the laughs I needed.

Please continue with the memes
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#46]
if someone had said "If my bumpstock got banned because of people advocating for it, I might just go spraying rounds rapidly at close range. And I'm very good at rapidly spraying rounds at close distance, like into the driver's seat of a vehicle" and they were NOT a paying site sponsor, or Z-list hunting show personality... would they still be here?
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

what makes this even more funny to me is I know both of those guys.

dude on the left has a collection that would put most people here to shame. He def has a fascination with every form of Colt rifle, 1911, and wheel gun that has ever been made and owns the majority of them.

he rags on me because I dont own a Colt
View Quote
He also has a bolt gun and not a budget AR in the pic, but it's a good meme that has been floating around for a while. But wait...there's more.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So we shouldn't criticize President Trump as the major pro gun guys think banning bump stocks was the right choice.......interesting...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Trump had not told the DOJ to reinterpret the ruling after Vegas then Congress would have passed legislation that would have much worse.

Trump pretty much lost his mind after the Parkland shooting and wanted UBC, Redflag Laws, and age restrictions.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top