Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I had to lookup FoldAR to see what it is.

FoldAR - Folding AR-15 Upper and Double Fold AR
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
interesting
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Well...first I've seen of the folding AR...innovative indeed
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Corky, that .338LM Magnum Action looks sweet! Hope you can salvage and revive the design, maybe in a 20" or 22" .300WM, too?  Like a Jr Barret M82 M109.
Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#10]
@enov8ive I dont know anything about the background for all of this but you came up with 1 hell of a cool product. I would love to check 1 out. Are there any local shops that may have 1. I am in Montgomery county but I drive through the Henderson area a few times a week
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Could you make a 90mm recoilless AR? (AR67?)
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I guess everything...
-Have the hottest and most loving wife of anyone on this forum.
-Got F&D owners out of my life.
-Got all my intellectual property rights back.
-Have a nice machine shop where I love working.
-Have a great product that people love.

That doesn't mean its an easy life. But it's what I wanted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What exactly  have you won?
Well, I guess everything...
-Have the hottest and most loving wife of anyone on this forum.
-Got F&D owners out of my life.
-Got all my intellectual property rights back.
-Have a nice machine shop where I love working.
-Have a great product that people love.

That doesn't mean its an easy life. But it's what I wanted.
I don't believe you
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 7:47:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 8:02:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Hmm.  Sounds like an infringement on the right the keep and bear arms to me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Is this the place run by the headcase who came here and trash talked LaRue?
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No idea who they are, but my first question is if the ATF found actual machine guns, or did they find items they "classified" as machine guns?

Just remember that bumpstocks and boot laces can also be considered machine guns.
View Quote
According to Historic Arms' thread, if the ATF has to weld the receiver and make generously retarded use of duct tape and rubber bands, it's a machinegun.

For what it's worth, fuck the gayTF.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 8:16:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well here's the facts Lebowski (whom refuses to show his identity).

1) I never made fun of Larue's facilities. I simply stated that I have been in there twice. He did have crappy machines, but I don't remember ever publicly stating that.
Larue then wanted to make a public argument about it saying that I wasn't signed into his logbook and therefore I was lying about entering his facilities (which I lived literally 3 miles down the road and had several friends working there). Back then there was a dozen ways to enter his facilities legally without signing his visitor logbooks (i.e. employees AND reps who didn't care about his silly visitor logbook which wasnt used by half the people who visited anyways). FoldAR is able to produce up to 1,500 folding uppers per month. We don't run max capacity... yet. And, no, our facility is not as big as Larue's... but it does have potential to become much bigger. Last I saw from Afmers, Larue manufactured less than 2000 firearms annually.

2) It was a decision made by Brian Shirley and Stephen Prentice of F&D to sue LWRC. I was thrown into the mix because of the topic of the suit, which was inventorship of LWRC's product. That suit was resolved to my pleasure, as previously stated. At one short period, I did represent myself.

3) I didn't sue my business partners (Shirley and Prentice), they sued me immediately upon my discovering that the FFL they acquired was fraudulent, and then my decision to immediately remove all of my personally owned manufacturing equipment from the F&D facilities. Their purpose for suing me was to prohibit me from reporting the fraud to the ATF (acquired a no-evidence TRO), which worked for them for the most-part, and the ATF was not able to investigate the matter. Their act of suing me did -of course- result in counterclaims. They did not prevail in their objectives of forcing me to return the equipment, forcing me out of the company, or winning any award against me whatsoever. Refusing to stay attached to them as a business partner, I sold my ownership in F&D to them and started my own company with my equipment as a result, whereas I continued manufacturing their parts independently, and then invented and started producing the folding AR.

Of course all of these events were both dramatic and somewhat traumatic in a sense, but...
...still winning...
View Quote
Maybe you’re not running at max capacity because you created a product that the market didn’t ask for?  Let me know when you can match an ALG ACT of Larue MBT for less than $80...  Also, my wife is probably a lil better looking than yours.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah you can stop by our shop sometime. I will PM you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@enov8ive I dont know anything about the background for all of this but you came up with 1 hell of a cool product. I would love to check 1 out. Are there any local shops that may have 1. I am in Montgomery county but I drive through the Henderson area a few times a week
Yeah you can stop by our shop sometime. I will PM you.
So you're still making the rifle?

Honestly, the rifle looked fantastic. The issue was with the idiot front man.

Hope it works out for you. Where is your shop located?
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Maybe you’re not running at max capacity because you created a product that the market didn’t ask for?  Let me know when you can match an ALG ACT of Larue MBT for less than $80...  Also, my wife is probably a lil better looking than yours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well here's the facts Lebowski (whom refuses to show his identity).

1) I never made fun of Larue's facilities. I simply stated that I have been in there twice. He did have crappy machines, but I don't remember ever publicly stating that.
Larue then wanted to make a public argument about it saying that I wasn't signed into his logbook and therefore I was lying about entering his facilities (which I lived literally 3 miles down the road and had several friends working there). Back then there was a dozen ways to enter his facilities legally without signing his visitor logbooks (i.e. employees AND reps who didn't care about his silly visitor logbook which wasnt used by half the people who visited anyways). FoldAR is able to produce up to 1,500 folding uppers per month. We don't run max capacity... yet. And, no, our facility is not as big as Larue's... but it does have potential to become much bigger. Last I saw from Afmers, Larue manufactured less than 2000 firearms annually.

2) It was a decision made by Brian Shirley and Stephen Prentice of F&D to sue LWRC. I was thrown into the mix because of the topic of the suit, which was inventorship of LWRC's product. That suit was resolved to my pleasure, as previously stated. At one short period, I did represent myself.

3) I didn't sue my business partners (Shirley and Prentice), they sued me immediately upon my discovering that the FFL they acquired was fraudulent, and then my decision to immediately remove all of my personally owned manufacturing equipment from the F&D facilities. Their purpose for suing me was to prohibit me from reporting the fraud to the ATF (acquired a no-evidence TRO), which worked for them for the most-part, and the ATF was not able to investigate the matter. Their act of suing me did -of course- result in counterclaims. They did not prevail in their objectives of forcing me to return the equipment, forcing me out of the company, or winning any award against me whatsoever. Refusing to stay attached to them as a business partner, I sold my ownership in F&D to them and started my own company with my equipment as a result, whereas I continued manufacturing their parts independently, and then invented and started producing the folding AR.

Of course all of these events were both dramatic and somewhat traumatic in a sense, but...
...still winning...
Lol, or rails, mounts, uppers, lowers, kits, complete rifles while supporting 2a efforts at the same time.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Drama....IBTL
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nooooo,

A $80 drop in trigger for the CZ Scorpion Evo, comparable to the MBT
I'd hit that up.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Lol, or rails, mounts, uppers, lowers, kits, complete rifles while supporting 2a efforts at the same time.
View Quote
Or....  a $2,000 11.5” URG WITH a supressor.  And case...
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 9:09:07 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
+1 to never having heard of them before this thread.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like infringement
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Laughs in USFA.
View Quote
Never understood them either... "lets take these awesome SAA revolvers that people love... and just stop making them, and invest everything in this freaky, weird .22lr pistol that no one wants... ever..."
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Is this the place run by the headcase who came here and trash talked LaRue?
View Quote
He started this thread and explains it here.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Sounds like hell.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I concur
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#32]
All the explanations are great....

All I care about is actual support for those of us that spent thousands on the rifles....
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Good read, thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have to be honest.  I had literally never heard of them prior to this thread.
View Quote
Quoted:
No clue who that is.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
All the explanations are great....

All I care about is actual support for those of us that spent thousands on the rifles....
View Quote
The risk of purchasing from unknowns/small time nobodies.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Actual machines guns with auto sear and select fire installed.
View Quote
Make friends with dudes like this for the big igloo.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#37]
3 warnings and a thread lock.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
3 warnings and a thread lock.
View Quote
Maybe.

Site Staff should let ML back in GD
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Seems like a bunch of purse swinging between no name firearm manufacturers that I don’t care about and don’t want any products from.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:58:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Years ago, they were not nobodies. If you shot long range AR's, or played in those circles, they were not unknowns.

Everyone starts somewhere. They built a hell of a nice rifle.. accurate... seems the problem wasn't their product, but the people.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:58:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Years ago, they were not nobodies. If you shot long range AR's, or played in those circles, they were not unknowns.

Everyone starts somewhere. They built a hell of a nice rifle.. accurate... seems the problem wasn't their product, but the people.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 12:32:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you mean they trolled the shit out of internet forums, yes, they were well known. Not because they won or their rifle was winning the shit out of matches or anything like that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you mean they trolled the shit out of internet forums, yes, they were well known. Not because they won or their rifle was winning the shit out of matches or anything like that.
View Quote
Have you fired one? I have.. its a great rifle. Funny you mention internet trolls...

The leaders of many companies are aholes... doesn't mean their rank and file suck at their jobs, or their product sucked.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 1:57:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Laughs in USFA.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 2:08:36 AM EDT
[#46]
My god I do not miss gun industry drama.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 2:08:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 2:09:51 AM EDT
[#48]
OST
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 2:19:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Have you fired one? I have.. its a great rifle. Funny you mention internet trolls...

The leaders of many companies are aholes... doesn't mean their rank and file suck at their jobs, or their product sucked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, only seen a few in the wild and one was at a match. Can't wait to see what they put out next year,, wait, never mind that last part.

And speaking of internet trolls, the community definitely isn't and didn't forget the shit they pulled on the hide and here. That'll never go away.

And with what the op shared here (if true), it sounds like a real shit organization ran by a criminal. Glad I didn't spend my money on one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 3:07:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Been asking that question for over 5 years now. Apparently just used primarily as a fun-toy tax write-off for oil-man owner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blows my mind how someone can build a company making a top notch, high end manufactured product... then let it crash.
Been asking that question for over 5 years now. Apparently just used primarily as a fun-toy tax write-off for oil-man owner.
How many FFL/SOT/etc on arfcom do the same?

Come on Powerball
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top