BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 159
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Drakich:
A lot of New Jersey types posting in this thread.  This shoot went down in Abilene, TX.  Not exactly a bastion of liberalism.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By texasbagman:
Originally Posted By 40xb:

Can you expound on this please? Why would they be going to prison if they didn't break a law and got convicted on it?

Keep in mind I am not saying they did break any specific TX law. I am just wondering how they are gonna be put in prison if they didn't break a law.
Because a Jury trial, while being a decent system, can and do get it wrong. The "optics" of this look bad. Get a jury loaded with liberals and play the disparity of force nonsense and the unarmed daddy angle and it will not matter that the father/son were completely within the law.

Just look at the comments in this thread.
A lot of New Jersey types posting in this thread.  This shoot went down in Abilene, TX.  Not exactly a bastion of liberalism.
How long before this joins Western Lore like the gunfight at the OK Corral?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By waterglass:
What are the orange shirt guy scenes from?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Doom85:
http://i.4cdn.org/k/1537535615840m.jpg
Not sure, taken from /k/
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Can someone please post the Howard themed Kapernick/Nike "sacrifice everything" meme?

I don't do the book of faces.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By pcsutton:
Just to save the verbiage from his facebook post incase it's taken down:

So this afternoon Right as I wake up and before My medications I am checking On house Walk into the kids Room And see a Person In front Of the kids window..So me I go outside find out its the mailman and tell Him for the last time stay away from the kids windows We have asked you multiple times not to walk between cars an windows because You might get shot .......Being as How we have 2 girls that are children not to mention a little boy ..I believe its in my right to Protect these children from Perverts an Pieces of shit in this world. I also live down the street from a place where thefts murders an assaults have happened in the past. He told me because I wouldnt let him walk that way that he would not deliver the mail and would just send it back I tried calling the usps before walking down to make sure to get him On recording refusing to give me my mail he refused to say anything. so I called him a Bitch an a coward for not repeating what he said and I went Home....15 min later My home was swarmed with Police banging on my door Scaring Emegail so I had Kara leave with Emegail because my medications had not kicked in and I was getting overly anxious with the police.Tried calling Grandma only to realize well shes out of town. I asked if they had warrants they said they didnt need one as they continued to bang on my door profusely an hide away from my sight which I called them on multiple times. I told them I have a mental issue they needed to leave I did not want to talk to them and they insisted on causing me emotional and mental strain along with the physical strain of my heart not being able to slow down over an over.I told them you can call my caseworker I have the files verified of my disorder all you have to do is leave my property because you do not have a warrant I walked thru them and left MY OWN HOME because I did not feel Safe. I left long enough to allow my meds to kick in and calm me down before coming back discovering they were still there SO I showed them the video of exactly what I said when I walked down the street to him.. They are now reporting that I made a terroristic threat when I told the mailman to stay away from the girls windows because he might get shot..I also have had Adult Protective Services called stating that I am not in my right mind 3 hours after all transpired I told them I am fine and asked why they were calling they said because Abilene Police Department called saying I was a danger to myself.. Not anyone else to myself.. I am so sick of the harassment everytime APD shows up to my door ...I DO NOT HAVE TO ANSWER MY DOOR I DO NOT HAVE TO TALK TO YOU IF YOU DONT HAVE A WARRANT GET THE FUCK OFF MY PROPERTY .....then louder then louder then louder till I HAVE no hold back. They stand there laughing as I have a breakdown they refuse to leave stating they dont have to have a warrant..I need a Lawyer I have the videos Im tired so tired of them not allowing me to calm down...I told them I would talk to a detective after the report was made...and still they woiuld not leave...I am tired of losing my mind to stressful situations So I went and got medicine for it only for APD not to allow me to stop an take to walk away from situations they refuse everytimeI got arrested a year or so going thru withdrawals from my meds telling the officer I needed them only for him to refuse an charge me with a disorederly conduct which I cannot control without my meds.. I admit it I take my meds I do whats right only to have APD numerous times keep me in mental Strain..
View Quote
Wow.  If that guy isn't a mess, he'll do till the mess gets here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Contrary to popular belief, we do have laws here in Texas......those two idiots are just too dumb to realize that they were the actual perpetrators, and they were not defending themselves as they erroneously believed.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
being told to put trash back in the can sure sounds like a reason to draw down
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pike:
According to the UK Daily Mail, Orange shirt was the one bossing the Elder Pear around trying to force him to put the mattress BACK in the trashcan [which is against published Abilene solid waste rules] and that is when the elder pear first pulled his pistol.

"Howard [orange] then told Miller to put the mattress back into the dumpster. Miller [Elder Pear] refused, then added some foul language.

'That's when John (Miller) pulled a pistol out of his shorts,' she [deceased's fiance] said."

UK Daily Mail
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:39:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#7]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]
You know the more I think about this situation the more I think the Father and Son wanted to either "get it on" or were to damn stupid to understand what position they were in.

I understand SYG and all that. Even though it is legal to stand where you are at and defend yourself that doesn't mean it is the smarter thing to do. Had they just backed up and covered each other until they got back to their home and called the police for the raving lunatic outside they wouldn't be in jail for murder charges.

Both parties seemed to be in mutual combat mode, they were both instigating and taunting, one party just happened to bring a stick to a gun fight because he himself was a moron as well.
View Quote
I can’t help but wonder that it’s the whole “if I show them my gun they will run away in fear” and when the orange shirt guy didn’t run away, they had no plan b.

With that said, calling the cops on crazy neighbors is a joke. It does zero to resolve the issue unless there is enough to put them away for a long time. That kind of thinking got my sister’s car firebombed in her yard just a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you think the Millers were aware of the orange powderkeg's "interaction" with the "pervert" mailman and subsequently with the local PD?
View Quote
Highly likely as they're nextdoor neighbors. Hell, they may have watched it happen and/or they may have heard him screaming and shit on one occasion or another.

Ordinarily, when there's a lunatic in the neighborhood...the neighbors make it common knowledge.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By slick556:
Mailman? Bulk trash collection? Road Captain?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Sadly I deal with them due to my employment.
Mailman? Bulk trash collection? Road Captain?
They all have better hours, benefits, and retirement.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bagofcrabs65:

Hit him after he fired the gun.
View Quote
Leads me to believe he was in the process of swinging the bat when the ol' boy capped him.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#13]
They all have better hours, benefits, and retirement.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#14]
rofl, come on now, the original HS pistols that were dirt cheap don't count, you need a genuine XD.
View All Quotes
https://i.imgur.com/HakxH0A.jpg

Official Trailer Park Kittm
rofl, come on now, the original HS pistols that were dirt cheap don't count, you need a genuine XD.
I paid $275 for that HS2000
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:45:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pike] [#15]
I can't believe how many people think Orange was calm and collected in the earlier encounter when Miller Sr. was alone, when Orange was a raving lunatic with the mailman, with the cops, in every bit of the video, and in multiple other incidents with the cops that Orange referenced in his own Facebook screed.

It is like it is actually "MADE UP" that Orange had a documented disorder called IED! Yet some think he was not someone who would put a normal person in fear?

A flippin mailman called the cops on that nut after simply trying to deliver mail to his house.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

After reading the account of this guy threatening to  kill the postman for walking past his window, I've come to a different interpretation of their actions.

It seems to me that they were just trying to live their lives with a degree of normalcy, without constantly jumping through the hoops set by the insane asshole next door, who seems to enjoy threatening to kill people on a whim.  It is almost akin to finding yourself living next to a gang, and letting them dictate the terms and conditions of your life.

They must have heard about what happened with the post man, and figured they needed to set some limits, and to not get cowed by his  bluster.  Now this was the WRONG strategy--they should have just called the cops and let them sort it out (and I can understand why orange shirt guy didn't call the cops--he was on their shit list already).  They should have disengaged from his monkey-dance and called the cops, and kept doing that as these confrontations kept continuing to arise (while continuing to carry for their personal protection) and sooner or later the situation would have resolved itself.
View Quote
Cops don’t/can’t sort it out. Sure, they may defuse the immediate situation...but they’ve done nothing but add more fuel to the fire that will come later.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Me too, but at least they have their shirts on This was a great example of a bunch of bad judgment dimwits going at it. The world is full of people who either don't care or are too stupid to avoid ruining their lives over stupidity. Anyone who wants to have it out with them and either get deaded (or usually just beat up) or get arrested for free trip through the criminal justice system, well if you're going to be dumb, you better be tough. Please make sure it's all recorded and posted on youtube for everyone else's later amusement.

Even in cases where I got a not guilty I've never sat next to anyone who was thinking "if I had a second chance I'd do it again!"
View All Quotes
Sadly I deal with them due to my employment.
Me too, but at least they have their shirts on This was a great example of a bunch of bad judgment dimwits going at it. The world is full of people who either don't care or are too stupid to avoid ruining their lives over stupidity. Anyone who wants to have it out with them and either get deaded (or usually just beat up) or get arrested for free trip through the criminal justice system, well if you're going to be dumb, you better be tough. Please make sure it's all recorded and posted on youtube for everyone else's later amusement.

Even in cases where I got a not guilty I've never sat next to anyone who was thinking "if I had a second chance I'd do it again!"
Lucky you... some of my clients don't even wear pants and underwear let alone shirts
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Ahh doubt it!

Fat dad showed a lot of restraint.

He gave the bad guy 3 feet.

That’s 400% more than the cops woulda gave him.

I hope they walk.
View Quote
Me too, that big dumb fucker and his wife ask for this shit!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#19]
No AC? I thought Tennessee was too hot. I have never been to Texas and cringe at the thought of spending everyday broiling like a Thanksgiving turkey.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigFatDog:

Also, why do they hate shirts?

Do they sit around like that, or do they just peel them off when they are looking for a fight?
No AC? I thought Tennessee was too hot. I have never been to Texas and cringe at the thought of spending everyday broiling like a Thanksgiving turkey.
Come to Tallahassee! 98F, 99% Humidity, No Breeze!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By frayedknot:

Cops don’t/can’t sort it out. Sure, they may defuse the immediate situation...but they’ve done nothing but add more fuel to the fire that will come later.
View Quote
I've seen situations where the revenge was worse.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#21]
The only time I do not carry is essentially when I am sleeping.
View All Quotes
I pocket carry a LCP around the house, when doing yard work, cleaning the garage, and yes, when taking out the trash.
The only time I do not carry is essentially when I am sleeping.
Yup, and then i keep the AR by the bedside. Oh, showering too. No guns.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
You don't have a bathroom gun? I've got a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and 2 living room guns.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
LMAO
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#24]
The ole boys will likely get off because he was capt crazy with multiple police reports and visits. The shoot is maybe slightly questionable seeing as they were already armed but capt crazy wouldnt back off brandished a bat made threats etc. End of story dude was nuts and the world is likely not going to miss him.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Not sure, taken from /k/
View All Quotes
Not sure, taken from /k/
Mayne Commando.... there is a scene where they kill a guy taking out the trash.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By texasbagman:

Can you expound on this please? Why would they be going to prison if they didn't break a law and got convicted on it?

Keep in mind I am not saying they did break any specific TX law. I am just wondering how they are gonna be put in prison if they didn't break a law.
Because a Jury trial, while being a decent system, can and do get it wrong. The "optics" of this look bad. Get a jury loaded with liberals and play the disparity of force nonsense and the unarmed daddy angle and it will not matter that the father/son were completely within the law.

Just look at the comments in this thread.
By the looks of it, it’s a bastion of free range autism and a cardio free zone.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:54:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#27]
Originally Posted By davidb1982:
Just watched it on Facebook. Fucked up all around. They were both looking to shoot the guy and the other guy kept threatening. When assholes collide.
View Quote
Ouch. I feel for the wife and kids, but he was constantly threatening them (fat shirtless guys) throughout the video.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By toastandjam:
Link?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By toastandjam:
Originally Posted By Bounce19712:
The AKFiles thread is better on this.
Link?
I don't want the ban hammer.  Use his name and location to search yourself.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#29]
You don't have a bathroom gun? I've got a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and 2 living room guns.
View All Quotes
No bathroom gun.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
According to the UK Daily Mail, Orange shirt was the one bossing the Elder Pear around trying to force him to put the mattress BACK in the trashcan [which is against published Abilene solid waste rules] and that is when the elder pear first pulled his pistol.

"Howard [orange] then told Miller to put the mattress back into the dumpster. Miller [Elder Pear] refused, then added some foul language.

'That's when John (Miller) pulled a pistol out of his shorts,' she [deceased's fiance] said."

UK Daily Mail
You are taking the wife's statement as a fact.

There's the "excuse me fine sir, but could you please return the mattress to the garbage receptacle" approach, and then there is the behavior we saw on film which was Howard being irrationally aggressive and threatening to kill people.  I'm guessing Howard's approach to telling Miller to put the bed back in the trash was closer to the latte than the former.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:00:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 40xb] [#31]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#34]
I guess I missed the father provoking the guy...unless one considers taking the mattress out of the dumpster to be provocation. About all I heard him say was "I doubt it" in response the the lunatic's threats that he was gonna kill him.

The son's words and actions might be considered to be provocation but realistically they were in response to the lunatics tantrum.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out...if it makes it to court. That, I have my doubts about.
View All Quotes
The statute says you can't claim stand your ground if the victim was provoked. It's not conditioned on the victim's past behavior or anger issues. (I only read the statute and haven't looked at the case law).
I guess I missed the father provoking the guy...unless one considers taking the mattress out of the dumpster to be provocation. About all I heard him say was "I doubt it" in response the the lunatic's threats that he was gonna kill him.

The son's words and actions might be considered to be provocation but realistically they were in response to the lunatics tantrum.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out...if it makes it to court. That, I have my doubts about.
He said, "Come on,  take a swing" repeatedly.   What is YOUR definition of "provoke"?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By LRShooter:
I couldn't convict based on what I saw there.
View Quote
Same. They gave the guy about 200 warnings. Literally told him what was going to happen.

Some part of that man wanted to die.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
Dumpster gun?

I have no dumpster
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#38]
No bathroom gun.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#39]
"Grr you mother fucker I'll skull fuck you if you touch that mattress again grrr"
"Whatever dude" go back in house or "Whatever I'll call the cops" but [points gun]"Bring it on, I'll shoot you if you come within three feet of me"? That's a couple of dudes way on the wrong end of the bell curve
View All Quotes

You are taking the wife's statement as a fact.

There's the "excuse me fine sir, but could you please return the mattress to the garbage receptacle" approach, and then there is the behavior we saw on film which was Howard being irrationally aggressive and threatening to kill people.  I'm guessing Howard's approach to telling Miller to put the bed back in the trash was closer to the latte than the former.
"Grr you mother fucker I'll skull fuck you if you touch that mattress again grrr"
"Whatever dude" go back in house or "Whatever I'll call the cops" but [points gun]"Bring it on, I'll shoot you if you come within three feet of me"? That's a couple of dudes way on the wrong end of the bell curve
Fat boy and fat dad provoked the crap out of the guy. All they had to do was walk away and call the cops.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BabyGlock_27:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BabyGlock_27:
Originally Posted By Jodquist:
Gunned down by two sweaty shirtless fat guys by a dumpster. Entrance to Valhalla denied
Holy shit
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By KingRollo:

Dumpster gun?

I have no dumpster
View Quote
Dammit. Now I need a trashcan gun. Who has sales on AKs right now?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By deplorable17teener:
I highly doubt Mr. orange shirt canoe head would have let them just walk away, there is a good chance it would have emboldened him to step up on his threats.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By deplorable17teener:
Originally Posted By ske714:

You can't see a clear exit?   What's wrong with just walking away?
I highly doubt Mr. orange shirt canoe head would have let them just walk away, there is a good chance it would have emboldened him to step up on his threats.
Threats?  Who gives a fuck?   Your going to stand there and let it escalate,  rather than risk  more harsh words?   If you back away and he follows,  that's another matter, but you still have guns,  and he still doesn't.   It isn't pacifism to avoid killing someone that doesn't need to be killed.   It's called not being stupid.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd imagine that the guy with a long record of uncontrolled anger and violence making 8 threats to kill someone in 2 minutes, then grabbing a baseball bat would be a mitigating factor in any trial.
View Quote
Sometimes I think you can spot the 50+ year old guys who rage out in these threads.

I'm surprised the guy in the orange shirt made it as long as he did. Sounds like a real POS and the more we find out, the more it looks like the other two should walk.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Kiran04:
The two guys with guns may have been total and utter morons, but they weren't the ones who escalated the situation.  The guns were out already.  Everyone knew the score, but captain A-hole in the bright orange shirt just couldn't control himself.  The other guy repeated, "Back off" over and over again, even while captain A-hole threatened to kill him multiple times.  It wasn't until captain A-hole went for a weapon of his own and came at the gunmen that he got turned into swiss cheese.  What a stupid, stupid, stupid move.  That was more like suicide by red neck.  And his dumbass wife.  "You're not gonna kill my husband."  Uhm... yeah...
View Quote
My thoughts exactly
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
It was legally inadvisable...and possibly uncivilized, by white collar suburbanite standards. Modernist victim morality prefers outsourcing norm enforcement to minimize skin in the game wherever possible.

But can it be really be called wrong in a nation founded on the concept of standing your ground?

Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
Avg temp in northcentral Texas around Thanksgiving is, actually, usually warm.  Like 60-70s.

You snowbirds woudnt last very long down here
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Tactical Dab

http://i.4cdn.org/k/1537526112596.jpg
View Quote
Lololololol
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GreyHat:
It was legally inadvisable...and possibly uncivilized, by white collar suburbanite standards. Modernist victim morality prefers outsourcing norm enforcement to minimize skin in the game wherever possible.

But can it be really be called wrong in a nation founded on the concept of standing your ground?

https://i.postimg.cc/Kvbq6FYP/1537543863078.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreyHat:

https://i.postimg.cc/Kvbq6FYP/1537543863078.jpg
It can definitely be called dumb as shit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:36:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trueweltall] [#50]
Originally Posted By grey50beast:
Can anyone lookup Aaron Howard's criminal history?  With the temper and judgement displayed and lack of owning a gun I'd be surprised if he wasn't already a felon.
View Quote

Guy was a fucking nut.

Page / 159
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top