User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#1]
No thanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I look forward to police in liberal states adopting this immediately.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But states will make it mandatory and instead of a $30 safe you need to buy a $1,500 gun no one wanted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks totally concealable

It’s not intended to be. It’s designed to be a nightstand gun for people with kids who want to be able to keep it out and easily accessible. It sits in a USB-C powered docking station/holster.

But states will make it mandatory and instead of a $30 safe you need to buy a $1,500 gun no one wanted.

Buddy, I’m not promoting the thing and would never buy one myself. I’m just answering questions Ian covered in the Forgotten Weapons video I watched a couple days ago.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Buddy, I’m not promoting the thing and would never buy one myself. I’m just answering questions Ian covered in the Forgotten Weapons video I watched a couple days ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks totally concealable

It’s not intended to be. It’s designed to be a nightstand gun for people with kids who want to be able to keep it out and easily accessible. It sits in a USB-C powered docking station/holster.

But I’m mad. Reeeee!
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll consider one after a military branch or significant law enforcement department has used them and is satisfied for a few years.
View Quote

I still wouldn't
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You just grab and go.  No safe required.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious what this accomplishes that a biometric safe doesn’t?

You just grab and go.  No safe required.

Well sure but this doesn’t really seem any faster. Once you have it a hack or bypass is just a matter of time and knowledge. At least in a safe bolted to my nightstand I’ve made it bloody inconvenient to steal.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You’re asking the wrong person. I simply watched Ian’s video explaining and demoing it, which is why I’m able to answer some of these questions. I’m not promoting the thing.
View Quote

That’s fair.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Ian does a pretty good job of addressing the concerns we’ll all have with it.

Biofire: The First Worthwhile "Smart Gun"?

The only potential upside I see to this thing would be adoption by schools who wouldn’t otherwise ever even consider having armed teachers and staff due to alleged risk of kids accessing the weapon(s). Teachers and staff obviously shouldn’t have to rely on shit like this, as they should be allowed to carry whatever they feel comfortable with and shoot best; but, if it’s this or nothing at all?
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#9]
They can go fuck right off.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Spoofed print, try again.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks cool as fuck. Like a pistol Master Chief would carry.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#12]
If politicians care about gun safety, they will mandate this for all federal law enforcement and politicians' bodyguards to keep them safe from gun grabs.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ian does a pretty good job of addressing the concerns we’ll all have with it.

The only potential upside I see to this thing would be adoption by schools who wouldn’t otherwise ever even consider having armed teachers and staff due to alleged risk of kids accessing the weapon(s). Teachers and staff obviously shouldn’t have to rely on shit like this, as they should be allowed to carry whatever they feel comfortable with and shoot best; but, if it’s this or nothing at all?
View Quote

Good point their are some reasonable use cases. This tech after some refinement (Smaller, lighter, longer life) could save lives of police who are disarmed of their personal side arm. It's not practical for guns which are expected to be used by multiple people. Riot Shotguns for example.

Also lets be honest this is going to happen regardless of what we think. We should work to ensure the other options remain legal.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah and the one in the video had a failure each mag. Strong nope
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Company will be bankrupt within five years
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Unpopular opinion - the firearms community should strongly support the development of this sort of stuff.

The vast majority of crimes are committed with stolen weapons, and there is always the chance that your gun will be taken and used against you. Not to mention the defensive benefits of being able to keep a loaded gun out even if you have kids instead of locking it up in a safe.

There is no good reason we couldn't develop a decent system if someone put some real money and expertise behind the concept. But that's never going to happen as long as we keep treating it as a nefarious plot to steal our 2nd amendment rights.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When will Biden's Secret Service protective detail adopt them?
View Quote

And all govt agencies from local to feds.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#19]
The fingerprint reader only works about half the time on my stupid android phone.

When it doesn't work do I have to connect a keypad and manually enter a PIN?  

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He addressed that later in the video. There’s no direct mechanical link between the trigger and firing mechanism - it’s all run through the electronics.
View Quote

What a piece of shit.

Truth be told, companies need to STOP coming out with these ridiculous ideas, because they empower the idiots in charge to say "seeeeee, it exists, so let's legally force this upon the subjects".....
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#21]
In before some idiot that owns one gets shot because his pistol doesn't "know who he is".
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Me: *pulls trigger

Smart Gun: “Please wait, system processing.”

Me: *yeeted by a thug with a dumb gun.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Fingerprint doesn't even work for me on my I-Pads and they have been at this a long time.

Nope, nope, nope.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The fingerprint reader only works about half the time on my stupid android phone.

When it doesn't work do I have to connect a keypad and manually enter a PIN?  

View Quote

we just assume we're not going to be able to get into the data center unless someone hears
us banging on the door and lets us in.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Nah.  Got all the 9's I'll ever need.

Besides that.  Computerized/electric shit fails when you least expect it/need it the most.

I'll stick to the mechanical guns.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm holding out for the DNA locked model. Where a needle brutally stabs your finger with every press of the trigger to verify's your DNA identity. Would be nice if it also administered covid29 vaxes simultaneously as well.

Would definitely cut down on my recurring ammo expenditures.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#27]
If I win a huge lottery, I will buy the company and scrap the whole fucking thing.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Unpopular opinion - the firearms community should strongly support the development of this sort of stuff.

The vast majority of crimes are committed with stolen weapons, and there is always the chance that your gun will be taken and used against you. Not to mention the defensive benefits of being able to keep a loaded gun out even if you have kids instead of locking it up in a safe.

There is no good reason we couldn't develop a decent system if someone put some real money and expertise behind the concept. But that's never going to happen as long as we keep treating it as a nefarious plot to steal our 2nd amendment rights.
View Quote

Dumbest thing ever posted on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Whats next, wifi ?
View Quote
A monthly subscription fee and pairing with teledildonics, so a redditor's prostate gets stimulated with every shot.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#30]

They are Smurfs, unarmed traffic agents not popo.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#31]
What gun crisis?
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#32]
ROFL.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Wouldn’t take it if it was free
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#34]
range toy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#35]
This is a $1,500 answer to a very small problem.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
What are you going to do with all the other HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of guns out there in the US that don't have this system?
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
When will Biden's Secret Service protective detail adopt them?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It will be interesting to have one as a historic artefact.

Because someone WILL get killed by one of those turds because of the fingerprint reader not working properly. Company will get sued and then goes the way of the dodo.

Mark my words.

In short: That's super retarded, Sir
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It will be interesting to have one as a historic artefact.

Because someone WILL get killed by one of those turds because of the fingerprint reader not working properly. Company will get sued and then goes the way of the dodo.

Mark my words.

In short: That's super retarded, Sir

Damn. Beat.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#39]
It looks cool at least.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah, we know.

Fuck that gun.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#41]
What if you are wearing gloves?
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Crap like this is championed so worthless politicians have a talking point comparison to demand other legitimate gun companies strive for the same features. Meanwhile they continue to steal from the people they are supposed to represent.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I haven't watched the video or read the other thread, but here's what I can tell you...

If there's no mechanical link between trigger and firing mechanism, if it's all electronic, then it's going to be REALLY easy to bypass the safety system in that gun.....

And it's going to be REALLY easy to make it full auto.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What are you going to do with all the other HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of guns out there in the US that don't have this system?
View Quote

you outlaw them duh,  then demand more funding because of the rise in criminals.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 4:21:41 AM EDT
[#47]
If you think that's bad, just wait for V2.0.

Link Posted: 4/16/2023 4:50:11 AM EDT
[#48]
The front sight lighting up green is kind of neat. The whole idea not so much.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 5:35:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How many times on your mobile phone have you tried biometrics and it says "try again".  This is a terrible idea!
View Quote

Amen. My smart phone can’t read my face half the time, and my iPad usually can’t read my finger.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 5:48:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Who would buy one of those?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top