Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New Ford Broncos are junk.  Ford dealers are also screwing over those that ordered one.  Telling those that reserved them that they owe another $10,000 even though customers signed an agreement.  Dirtbags.  Already problems with torque converters and soon to have rear axle problems.  Wait and see.
View Quote

Also the pencil thin IFS tie rods are predictably bending like wet noodles.  

I've seen a few vids and photos of front tires pointing the opposite directions after encountering mildly tough terrain.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
200K?!  Jesus H Christ.... For 200k I could build something that would be funner and more capable than that.
View Quote
If you can build a competitive Baja 1000 truck for under $200k you need to start a team.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
New Ford Broncos are junk.  Ford dealers are also screwing over those that ordered one.  Telling those that reserved them that they owe another $10,000 even though customers signed an agreement.  Dirtbags.  Already problems with torque converters and soon to have rear axle problems.  Wait and see.
View Quote

Those are the sport models.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#4]

That's a good looking scout,   my dad had one in purple imron with side pipes and the original mag wheels when I was small boy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you can build a competitive Baja 1000 truck for under $200k you need to start a team.
View Quote

I didn't say Baja 1000 truck...I said funner and more capable.

and you think this thing is competitive? what class? with a trophy truck? lol
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#6]
fugly
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rather spend $19K on a Tacoma.
They need to make that with a diesel, manual trans , crank windows, leaf springs, manual lock hubs if they want my attention.

Lol.

It’s like clockwork.  They come out and claim they would buy a vehicle if only the automakers would make it, but they don’t make it because nobody buys it because the people claiming they would are driving 30 year old beaters Abe don’t buy new anything.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It’ll look great in a mall parking lot.
View Quote

On a trailer because it’s not street legal.

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go on.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Some of you are so out of touch with reality, it's sad.

These 50 trucks will sell out the day they're up for sale.

I'm not in the market, but these are pretty bad ass.

The racing world makes the rest of the car world better because the parts trickle down the line.

I'd love to see Ford put this engine in the current Bronco, I'd be a buyer today if they did.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly this, most teams start out with numbers well into the millions.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
New Ford Broncos are junk.  Ford dealers are also screwing over those that ordered one.  Telling those that reserved them that they owe another $10,000 even though customers signed an agreement.  Dirtbags.
View Quote

That is when you contact FMCO and complain.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Can it run in the King of the Hammers from the showroom?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guys who think the DR is greatest thing ever probably don't even know what KOH is.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I read that is based on the Ford escape? That doesn't excite me.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

On a trailer because it’s not street legal.

View Quote

Its built to race but i see turn signals, throwing a Windshield and maybe a rear view mirror isn't that difficult.
Might just need to be wearing eye protection
Depending on your state. Maybe some mud flaps in the rear. You could drive that with a pair of sunglasses here and not be pulled over normally.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I read that is based on the Ford escape? That doesn't excite me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#18]
That would be a fun brand to bring back.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Its built to race but i see turn signals, throwing a Windshield and maybe a rear view mirror isn't that difficult.
Might just need to be wearing eye protection
Depending on your state. Maybe some mud flaps in the rear. You could drive that with a pair of sunglasses here and not be pulled over normally.
View Quote

It may not come with a vin, and then it becomes a pretty grey area.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Collector vehicle.

Less than 5% of the lot will ever see hard use.
View Quote

So no different than any other 4x4 vehicle?
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 9:01:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Looks small.
View Quote

LOL!
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I got excited when a new Bronco was on our lot here local a month or so back. We pulled over to check it out, looked awesome!

It was in the back lot here at Kendall Ford, and then I discovered why.... Looks like it had a small engine fire of some sort.. Doh!
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Ford knows how to hype! All of 50 of them and MSRP of 200 grand! The unwashed masses will go crazy over the regular edition with half the power and bolt on go fasters for about a hundred thousand.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ford knows how to hype! All of 50 of them and MSRP of 200 grand! The unwashed masses will go crazy over the regular edition with half the power and bolt on go fasters for about a hundred thousand.
View Quote

Sure was cool back in the 90s when we had an entire country releasing wild crap like this competing with each other, and then the 2000s hit and they all decided to sell slight variations of the Camry.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Meh, they'll just sit on the dealers' lots. Nobody will want one since they aren't street legal. Might be worthwhile to pick one up on end-of-year discount as a cheap alternative to a SxS.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What does that do better than a Tacoma? Nothing.
View Quote

Lol it will stomp its ass in a race.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've seen a few vids and photos of front tires pointing the opposite directions after encountering mildly tough terrain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've seen videos of the ONE Bronco that's done it which was also riding on 37s and it was not a mild trail.

The torque converter comment is also false as well or at least isolated as I've heard nothing about it. This is the same transmission used in Explorer and nothing new. It just reads like a guy that's bitter because he can't get one. You should have ordered early, boss.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have more details on the Bronco DR than the glamour shots posted in the OP?

Based on the pics it certainly appears to be targeting the SCORE/BITD off-road racing audience. I’d love to see the portfolio of comparable desert racing vehicles you have built for under $200k. A Class 9 or 11 isn’t comparable even if you might consider it funnier.

Class 3 with the other Broncos would be the natural class but it may exceed the wheelbase limit.  In the 2019 Baja 1000 the Bronco R was impressive- it was entertaining watching a team deal with way too many Ford engineers in the pits.

Even mentioning TT class with respect to the Bronco DR is delusional. What does Geissler Bros charge for a TT that can be driven out of their shop under its own power?
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Looks small.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I was drivn around and saw the sport edition a few days back. I was super disapointed. looks notin like what you posted Op. Looks like a fag mobile. I'll stick with my tacoma, thank you.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They need to make that with a diesel, manual trans , crank windows, leaf springs, manual lock hubs if they want my attention.
View Quote

Hand crank steam engine or it’s a no buy for me
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Damn, the Tacoma whores showed up real quick...you guys are quickly becoming the 10mm/Tikka/ Hi Power crowd...
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Do you have more details on the Bronco DR than the glamour shots posted in the OP?

Based on the pics it certainly appears to be targeting the SCORE/BITD off-road racing audience. I'd love to see the portfolio of comparable desert racing vehicles you have built for under $200k. A Class 9 or 11 isn't comparable even if you might consider it funnier.

Class 3 with the other Broncos would be the natural class but it may exceed the wheelbase limit.  In the 2019 Baja 1000 the Bronco R was impressive- it was entertaining watching a team deal with way too many Ford engineers in the pits.

Even mentioning TT class with respect to the Bronco DR is delusional. What does Geissler Bros charge for a TT that can be driven out of their shop under its own power?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on the pics it certainly appears to be targeting the SCORE/BITD off-road racing audience. I'd love to see the portfolio of comparable desert racing vehicles you have built for under $200k. A Class 9 or 11 isn't comparable even if you might consider it funnier.

It didn't say what class, but Ford is going to race the Bronco DR at the 2022 Baja 1000, and then start taking orders. Regardless of how well it does there, they're going to sell all 50 within in minutes.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's still just an overpriced shit box with a blue oval on it.  I like Ford but thats just stupid. Imagine the availability of replacement parts.
View Quote

It's not a fucking commuter.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Nobody's going to market that vehicle. Because it would sell about 5 units new, and be a huge money loss for the MFG. People who want a "simple, basic" truck or SUV usually aren't the ones buying brand-new anyhow. Car makers are making cars for people to buy new.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody's going to market that vehicle. Because it would sell about 5 units new, and be a huge money loss for the MFG. People who want a "simple, basic" truck or SUV usually aren't the ones buying brand-new anyhow. Car makers are making cars for people to buy new.

Agreed.  Why the hell would you want leafs on that?  Diesel is a lot less cool since this DEF shit, but otherwise a TD would be cool.  Crank windows suck.  Either way, he just described a 45k Tacoma these days.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

How does shitty dealerships make a car junk or not?  There have been like 3 total powertrain issues that I have seen.  And I have been looking.  People repeat this shit with zero actual information.  Post your sources.  I just took delivery of mine last weekend and I love it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

ARFCOM sponsor?
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Is it electric?
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Buy a 1999 Tacoma for $10k.
Get $10k of fabwork done for cage.
Install $6k of suspension.
$2k for tires and wheels

You now have a vehicle more likely to finish the Baja 1000 than that brand new Bronco. Spend the other $170k on hookers and blow in La Paz after you finish.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Kinda pointless with a total production of 50. No one is going to use those as intended.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Buy a 1999 Tacoma for $10k.
Get $10k of fabwork done for cage.
Install $6k of suspension.
$2k for tires and wheels

You now have a vehicle more likely to finish the Baja 1000 than that brand new Bronco. Spend the other $170k on hookers and blow in La Paz after you finish.
View Quote

You won’t even need to worry about blowing $170k on hookers & blow in La Paz since you’ll reach the finish line a week after the race was officially over…..

How many SCORE races have you entered?  How many have you finished?

What suspension are you installing for $6k?  What tires & wheels are you getting for $2k?  How many spare tire/wheels are you getting with that $2k?  IIRC we have at least 8 spares spread out across our chase trucks and the race truck carries two spares. And we’re a very low budget operation that does it for fun.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This right there ^^^^^^^ and have those window vents that you could open while going down the road to push air into the cab.....I miss those.
View Quote

Man I miss wing windows.

Link Posted: 11/3/2021 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most intelligent answer in this whole thread.  I laugh at these guys that think a Taco with a few bolt ons will finish the 1000.  I can't even get my truck ready this year for 60k. (Race prep, chase team etc.).
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Hoe many of those do you think will actually get used "off road"
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#45]
ARFCOM's dream truck

Link Posted: 11/3/2021 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Hoe many of those do you think will actually get used "off road"
View Quote

Probably more than a few. The company building and selling them look like they may be screening potential buyers.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Some of you are so out of touch with reality, it's sad.

These 50 trucks will sell out the day they're up for sale.

I'm not in the market, but these are pretty bad ass.

The racing world makes the rest of the car world better because the parts trickle down the line.

I'd love to see Ford put this engine in the current Bronco, I'd be a buyer today if they did.
View Quote

Many here know as much about cars as DU does about guns.  Almost comical.  lol  

That is one bad ass rig and I too am excited to see the 5.0 in it.  Gives me hope that we might be able to buy one of the lot someday.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where can you get a Taco for 19?
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Where can you get a Taco for 19?
View Quote

Gotta look for the ones with new frames.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top