Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL, Nixon was a duly elected president, and the only thing that happened was, we got Jimmy Carter.

The only thing that will happen is a lot of  edgy memes on the internet.
View Quote
Compare Nixon's base to Trump's base...
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:18:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Arfcom should register it as an alternative url

Someone posted in the NY hometown forum after the safe act passed "Even if someone shot Cuomo they'd just elect someone just like him"

You could almost hear the cussing as mags were reburied and rifles stuffed back in attics
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this Civil War II fantasy central?
Arfcom should register it as an alternative url

Someone posted in the NY hometown forum after the safe act passed "Even if someone shot Cuomo they'd just elect someone just like him"

You could almost hear the cussing as mags were reburied and rifles stuffed back in attics
Lulz
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The only thing they can even try is campaign finance laws. Weak.

Billionaire making his 100th payout for the same reasons has always has is hardly compelling. Make it illegal to enter into private contracts if its a big deal.

And someone trying anything to save their own ass isnt that credible

I am completely unmoved by these worthless revelations
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Now I see why it hangs around here, with all of the good friends it has.  Very popular. Not trolling incessantly. People love its contributions.

Sylvan for moderator!
View Quote
I agree.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now I see why it hangs around here, with all of the good friends it has.  Very popular. Not trolling incessantly. People love its contributions.

Sylvan for moderator!
I agree.
Seconded
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Mark Levin slams Michael Cohen's plea deal
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 1:01:43 AM EDT
[#7]
The easiest explanation is that he didn't have the resources to fight with the complexity of the charges and the likely outcome so a plea down from basically a life sentence made sense. But that doesn't seem highly probable.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LOL!  That's quite the conspiracy theory!

It's also premature speculation. (They have pills for that, ya know.)  There are still plenty of open questions around the Russia piece of this.  Like, why did the Trump Administration's story keep changing around the "adoption" meeting?  First it was they "primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children.  Then months later Trump said it "was a meeting to get information on an opponent."  And first Trump claimed he had no involvement whatsoever in the released statement about that meeting.  But then it was revealed Trump actually dictated the statement himself.

Why all the lies and obfuscation?

And here's an even better question: If all the facts were the same, but it was the Obama Administration doing this, would you still be adamantly claiming "There's nothing to see here!"

Tribal politics is a funny thing.
View Quote
@StephenNW implies or states I am peddling a conspiracy theory simply by stating the reality that prosecutors sometimes go after low hanging fruit with potentially harsh sentences to get them to take plea agreements to go after bigger fish and then immediately takes a segue into Trump maybe having something to do with Russian collusion/meddling ("the Russian piece") because the story about one specific meaning changed followed up with the implicit assertion that I am a hypocrite who is engaged in tribal politics.  

As for Obama; if the outlandish claim was made that he had conspired with the Russians to sway a presidential election and there was ZERO evidence supporting that theory, save for the ramblings of the ethically challenged who think one meeting with one person to dig up dirt on a political opponent somehow constituted collusion (Obama was an expert at this, by the way, not that you would know that), yes, I would say there is no evidence to support that claim and that Obama was innocent.

Of course that's relating to the facts and circumstances found here.   As for other facts and circumstances...

Obama open mic slip: 'After my election I have more flexibility'

Oh and you ignored my request for you to explain what it was that I posted that was wrong.    Why am I not surprised?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 1:26:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not so sure the verdict is in as to whether the president can actually pardon himself. While it has also been said that a president can pardon anyone he wants, it has also been said that if the purpose of the pardon is to let someone off so they do not give evidence against the president it can be challenged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not so sure the verdict is in as to whether the president can actually pardon himself. While it has also been said that a president can pardon anyone he wants, it has also been said that if the purpose of the pardon is to let someone off so they do not give evidence against the president it can be challenged.
The power of the pardon was specifically added so the president could forgive some of the worst offenses imaginable for the best of the country.   Imagine something like a war or a rebellion where the president offers a blanket pardon to get the combatants to lay down their arms (this has actually happened a few times).

I can't imagine the president has that power but not the power to pardon himself.    Well, except for impeachment.

Section 2.

The President shall be commander in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States; he may require the opinion, in writing, of the principal officer in each of the executive departments, upon any subject relating to the duties of their respective offices, and he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment.

He shall have power, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to make treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, judges of the Supreme Court, and all other officers of the United States, whose appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by law: but the Congress may by law vest the appointment of such inferior officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the courts of law, or in the heads of departments.

The President shall have power to fill up all vacancies that may happen during the recess of the Senate, by granting commissions which shall expire at the end of their next session.
USC Article II, Section II.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 1:26:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think technically that would be a "20 Million Ruble fraud scheme".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the Feds have your balls in a vice over a 20 million dollar fraud scheme the smart play is to cooperate and get that sweet, sweet downward departure at sentencing...
Was it a $20M Russian dollar fraud scheme to overthrow the election?

*Yawn*

Don't answer that, I don't care
I think technically that would be a "20 Million Ruble fraud scheme".
No, even the whores in St Petersburg don't work for rubles.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 1:27:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter what America thinks, if the Dems get enough votes in Congress this will be how Trump is impeached
View Quote
Yup.

Les des sont jetes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 1:39:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Question is, can this be an impeachable offence since it happened before he was elected?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Question is, can this be an impeachable offence since it happened before he was elected?
Unfortunately, the constitute gives a lot of leeway when it comes to removing a president; probably because the process itself is so difficult.

Section 2.

The House of Representatives shall be composed of members chosen every second year by the people of the several states, and the electors in each state shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the state legislature.

No person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the age of twenty five years, and been seven years a citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an inhabitant of that state in which he shall be chosen.

Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several states which may be included within this union, according to their respective numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole number of free persons, including those bound to service for a term of years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three years after the first meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent term of ten years, in such manner as they shall by law direct. The number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty thousand, but each state shall have at least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the state of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.

When vacancies happen in the Representation from any state, the executive authority thereof shall issue writs of election to fill such vacancies.

The House of Representatives shall choose their speaker and other officers; and shall have the sole power of impeachment.

Section 3.

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each state, chosen by the legislature thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote.

Immediately after they shall be assembled in consequence of the first election, they shall be divided as equally as may be into three classes. The seats of the Senators of the first class shall be vacated at the expiration of the second year, of the second class at the expiration of the fourth year, and the third class at the expiration of the sixth year, so that one third may be chosen every second year; and if vacancies happen by resignation, or otherwise, during the recess of the legislature of any state, the executive thereof may make temporary appointments until the next meeting of the legislature, which shall then fill such vacancies.

No person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the age of thirty years, and been nine years a citizen of the United States and who shall not, when elected, be an inhabitant of that state for which he shall be chosen.

The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no vote, unless they be equally divided.The Senate shall choose their other officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the office of President of the United States.

The Senate shall have the sole power to try all impeachments. When sitting for that purpose, they shall be on oath or affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no person shall be convicted without the concurrence of two thirds of the members present.

Judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States: but the party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to indictment, trial, judgment and punishment, according to law.
US Con, Article 1 Sections II and III.

Section 4.

The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.
US Con, Article II, Section IV.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 3:38:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cohen:"trump told me this would be a disaster for his campaign so I better pay her off"
View Quote
Unless there is a recording that's no evidence. Especially coming from a guy taking a plead deal in fraud charges..
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 3:56:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Love Levin
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 4:02:41 AM EDT
[#15]
lol what a shitty lawyer.  Trump should be a felon too but he just simply hasn't "owned up to it"? Is that how the legal system works now?

Oh and essentially he's claiming Cohen knew he was doing something wrong, but hoped Trump would do the wrong thing with him?  What? WHAT?
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 4:14:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Lanny Davis lol
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 4:24:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I didn't think buying some random whores story is a high crime.

And this was done before he was elected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

High crimes and misdemeanors mean much to you?
I didn't think buying some random whores story is a high crime.

And this was done before he was elected.
It’s kind of ironic that Congress has/had a slush fund to pay off women they sexually assaulted or were accused of doing so. But these same fuckers won’t hesitate to to try and take Trump down for doing the same - or at least to shut some whore down.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:01:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:05:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:10:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Pro TPP, Pro WTO, Pro NAFTA, Pro Amnesty, Pro Open Borders. Tried to get the party to make him the nominee when the Access Hollywood tape came out.
View Quote
You think Pence is pro-amnesty and pro-open borders? Cite?
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:15:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think that although Cohen isn't required to cooperate with prosecutors his plea deal says he could get credit at sentencing for cooperating with Mueller. So ha ha on "not required to cooperate", that's like saying if I stick a 38 in your ear and ask for wallet you aren't required to hand it over.
View Quote
From the media appearances of Cohen's legal team before and after the plea. It would seem that is the route he wanted to go all along, perhaps the reason Muller farmed this out to the southern district of NY was so Cohen would come back properly motivated with some federal time to work off.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think that although Cohen isn't required to cooperate with prosecutors his plea deal says he could get credit at sentencing for cooperating with Mueller. So ha ha on "not required to cooperate", that's like saying if I stick a 38 in your ear and ask for wallet you aren't required to hand it over.
View Quote
Indeed! Cohen's lawyer is saying this morning that Cohen is "waiting to cooperate with Mueller"... and also asking people to donate to Michael Cohen's truth fund.

Another element is that Cohen had spoken very carefully to limit admissions and hadn't contradicted his prior statements up until now. Now his attorney says he was lying because he was loyal to Trump, but what Cohen is saying now is the truth. Probably only matters what evidence he can lead people to directly or by explaining connecting dots.

If his story on Prague changes or he says that Trump admin was routing people who wanted influence to him and he has anything to support it, things could get interesting. On the other hand if all Cohen did was random fixer stuff in Trump Org then it could be annoying for Trump... but mostly held up until he leaves office.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Pro TPP, Pro WTO, Pro NAFTA, Pro Amnesty, Pro Open Borders. Tried to get the party to make him the nominee when the Access Hollywood tape came out.
View Quote
You think Pence is pro-amnesty and pro-open borders? Cite?
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's not an impeachable offense, because it's not a high crime or misdemeanor, and EVERY presidential campaign violates election finance laws. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Yes Obama's too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not an impeachable offense, because it's not a high crime or misdemeanor, and EVERY presidential campaign violates election finance laws. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Yes Obama's too.
Congress defines the "high crimes and misdemeanors" in their articles of impeachment, and they do not have to be tied to any particular standing statute.

As far as I know, there is no law precluding a sitting president from moving to a foreign country, as long as he paid for the relocation expenses himself.   But, that would rise to the level of impeachment by congress.  A slightly less extreme example would be a recently elected president deciding he didn't want to move to Washington, but instead, govern from his home, surrounded by his base - let's say he isolates himself in California.  There's no crime against living in California, but Congress could impeach and convict a president for this.

In the Clinton impeachment, there is not a single reference to any federal, state or local statutes that Clinton may have violated - this is because impeachment is broader than simple violation of statute - and it was always intended to be this way.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:39:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Cohen's lawyer claims Cohen would refuse a Trump pardon he also claims that Cohen has some kind of "muh russia" info, although he's so mealy mouthed that you could argue he's just claiming "he knows something"
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Trump/Russia stole the election
Trump colluded with Russia
Trump gave Russia state secrets
Trump obstructed Justice

Trump broke a campaign finance law   < we are here
Trump invaded taxes
Trump took a bribe
Trump's motorcade ran a red light
Trump littered
View Quote
Did you mean invade Texas?  Evade taxes?

I don't think he'll invade Texas, so it must be taxes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump/Russia stole the election
Trump colluded with Russia
Trump gave Russia state secrets
Trump obstructed Justice

Trump broke a campaign finance law   < we are here
Trump invaded taxes
Trump took a bribe
Trump's motorcade ran a red light
Trump littered

Sweet.  This is now a Jade Helm thread.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cohen's lawyer claims Cohen would refuse a Trump pardon he also claims that Cohen has some kind of "muh russia" info, although he's so mealy mouthed that you could argue he's just claiming "he knows something"
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
You can see Lanny (Clinton sycophant) Davis doesn't have his client's interest in mind.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You can see Lanny (Clinton sycophant) Davis doesn't have his client's interest in mind.
View Quote
First off Trump ain't gonna pardon him but if he did Cohen would accept it in a HEARTBEAT.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Unless there is a recording that's no evidence. Especially coming from a guy taking a plead deal in fraud charges..
Unless there is a recording[/b][/b] that's no evidence. Especially coming from a guy taking a plead deal in fraud charges..
View Quote
The dude taped everything, so I guess we'll see...
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The dude taped everything, so I guess we'll see...
View Quote
About Stormy Daniels ? I have yet to hear it...
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Section 4.

The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.
US Con, Article II, Section IV.
He was not in office.  And its not illegal to pay somebody for a non-disclosure.  Happens all the time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Paying a hooker so she doesn't ruin a political campaign can't be done with campaign funds?

Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
That face you make when you realize your lawyer screwed you . . . .  Oh, the irony.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Cohen screws Trump, Cohen's lawyer screws Cohen...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That face you make when you realize your lawyer screwed you . . . .  Oh, the irony.
Logically Lanny Davis should be looking over his shoulder, because his lawyer is about to screw him.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yeah I heard him on NPR this morning, he was not helping Cohen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys are attorneys so I can't question what you are saying much except for the fact that Trump is not going to pardon Cohen either way IMHO.

Davis, I assume assumed this and that made it convenient to say Cohen is taking the high road by refusing any future pardon...………???
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New York values.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You guys are attorneys so I can't question what you are saying much except for the fact that Trump is not going to pardon Cohen either way IMHO.

Davis, I assume assumed this and that made it convenient to say Cohen is taking the high road by refusing any future pardon...………???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like every stupid Clinton-obama sycophant lawyer they put on TV, they make comments such as this to imply that the "President's pardon is worth nothing compared to bringing the President to justice".

My tin-foil hat is buzzing that Hillary is directing this concert behind the scenes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

New York values.
View Quote
Met tC where you been ol boy?
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Like every stupid Clinton-obama sycophant lawyer they put on TV, they make comments such as this to imply that the "President's pardon is worth nothing compared to bringing the President to justice".

My tin-foil hat is buzzing that Hillary is directing this concert behind the scenes.
View Quote
Maybe but if Davis thought there was a scintilla of a chance that Trump would actually pardon Cohen I have my doubts that he would have said what he said.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Human centipede
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Logically Lanny Davis should be looking over his shoulder, because his lawyer is about to screw him.
Human centipede
Feed her!!!

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Except trump didn't make the payments and didn't report them as "campaign contributions"
View Quote
Lol.  Yup. A non-crime was committed.  Just like the collusion non-crime.  These people know that these arent crimes, but as long as the media will keep up the negative publicity its a win for democrats.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Maybe but if Davis thought there was a scintilla of a chance that Trump would actually pardon Cohen I have my doubts that he would have said what he said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely, it's all about attention.

"We are better than Trump and we don't need his stinking pardon."

The left and nevertrumpers- "Yay, go get em Lanny!"
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top