Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 358
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Obviously all final seasons are very important to how a tv show is ultimately viewed.  However, for GoT it is even more important because the show has been building towards these two major battles and their outcomes ever since the first episode 8 years ago.  Hell, the White Walker storyline was literally the very first one introduced on the show.

If they shit the bed writing these two battles and their outcomes or even if it’s simply “okay” not only is it going to feel like a colossal letdown, but, IMO, it will taint the entire series.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is little to no chance episode 6 is The Battle for Winterfell.

Most likely the first half of the season is the enemy to the north and the second half is the enemy to the south.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The run times for the episodes has been released.

Episode 1: 54 minutes

Episode 2: 58 minutes

Episode 3: 60 minutes

Episode 4: 78 minutes

Episode 5: 80 minutes

Episode 6: 80 minutes

So much for the “this season will be like 6 full length films” story.

https://i.imgur.com/knt6X5T.gif
The ballyhooed battle scene in Ep 6 is supposedly 40 minutes long. Won't be much storyline in that one other than battle outcomes and since it's the last episode, I'm betting there will be many unanswered questions.

Also, The episode is reportedly titled "The Battle for Winterfell". If that's the battle between the living and the dead, it seems like there may be some loose ends that won't get tied up. At least, not very well.

Most likely the first half of the season is the enemy to the north and the second half is the enemy to the south.
They're going to fuck this up.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ballyhooed battle scene in Ep 6 is supposedly 40 minutes long. Won't be much storyline in that one other than battle outcomes and since it's the last episode, I'm betting there will be many unanswered questions.

Also, The episode is reportedly titled "The Battle for Winterfell". If that's the battle between the living and the dead, it seems like there may be some loose ends that won't get tied up. At least, not very well.

If Episode 6 is indeed Battle for Winterfell, that probably means the White Walkers win
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If Episode 6 is indeed Battle for Winterfell, that probably means the White Walkers win
View Quote
That’s what I’m hoping for.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s not.  The guy that directed the battle only directed episodes 3 and 5.  Most likely the battle will be in episode 3.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Episode 3 is the battle.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
6 minutes.  Teary reunions.  
4 minutes.  Jon Snow almost expresses emotion.  
5 minutes.  Dragon CGI.
8 minutes.  Scary monster in crypt with Arya.
7 minutes.  Tyrion makes unfunny jokes which resemble funny jokes from Seasons 1-4.
5 minutes.  Floppy wieners.  
2 minutes.  Jamie says something snarky, but surprisingly wise.  
2 minutes.  Bronn, Sandor, and Tormund refer to everyone as "cunts."
3 minutes.  Bran stare-rapes a woman.  
6 minutes.  Dany says something stupid to universal acclaim.  
4 minutes.  Everyone tries to talk Dany out of doing stupid thing.  
2 minutes.  Plot advancement.  
View Quote

I believe it!
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I can get down with Jamie becoming the new Lord Commander of the Night Watch. To watch over the wall and plan til the next time the white walkers come.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
5 minutes.  Dragon CGI.
7 minutes.  Tyrion makes unfunny jokes which resemble funny jokes from Seasons 1-4.
View Quote
Dude, this part is getting so old. They are just there to make throw away jokes. "Buncha cunts" over and over.

I imagine its for all the chicks and kids "OMG they're sooo man-goofy!"

All Bronn does is add a comic line to Jaime's stuff. Tormund and is mentally retarded now. The Hound had so many classic lines, now all he does is bark at people and brood. LOL
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dude, this part is getting so old. They are just there to make throw away jokes. "Buncha cunts" over and over.

All Bronn does is add a comic line to Jaime's stuff. Tormund and is mentally retarded now. The Hound had so many classic lines, now all he does is bark at people and brood. LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 minutes.  Dragon CGI.

The Hound has gotten some great character developmwnt since his return from the (assumed) dead but I agree about Tormund.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Obviously all final seasons are very important to how a tv show is ultimately viewed.  However, for GoT it is even more important because the show has been building towards these two major battles and their outcomes ever since the first episode 8 years ago.  Hell, the White Walker storyline was literally the very first one introduced on the show.

If they shit the bed writing these two battles and their outcomes or even if it’s simply “okay” not only is it going to feel like a colossal letdown, but, IMO, it will taint the entire series.
View Quote
LOST all over again

Edit: Quote not reply. Thanks Evan Williams
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#12]
It's going to be rushed, no doubt about it. Several major story arcs are going to have to be tied up in a few hours and there's absolutely no way they catch all the minor ones.

Like someone said, after the white walkers were in S1E1 and all the hype about them, it's going to boil down to an hour-long episode in which some convenient plot twist will enable our heroes to overcome the dead. Yet, multi-episode plotlines exist for absolute BS plots.

As for Tyrion getting his creep on, I like to think that a dwarf as in-tune with drinking and knowing things is more worried about how it will play out in the long game, and not some twisted jealousy plotline.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
LOST all over again

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOST all over again

If they shit upon this series,  I won't be buying the DVDs.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOST all over again

We’vs already got seasons 5-7 but yeah we won’t be getting 1-4 in that case
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

1-4 are the best seasons since they (mostly) follow the books
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Eh true

But if they ruin the series I’ll have to think about it

Edit: LOST pissed me off I haven’t watched that since the finale either
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#17]
So are all these final battles going to be happening at night?

I'm really looking forward to this seasons battles (even if they are rushed) and I hope they'll be able to reach or surpass the Battle of the Bastards.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 11:18:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. Unfortunately.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, I was just thinking that.

S1-4 was some of the best drama tv I've ever seen.  S5 is where it went off the rails.  Unsurprisingly that was also when Dumb and Dumber ran out of great book material they could just copy and paste and instead had to come up with a lot of their own shit.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Just finished rewatching S7.

Bran and Sam are the only two that know who Jon really is and they only find out at the end of the season. Gilly did find a piece of the puzzle in the old Archmaester's private diary, but she had no clue what she was reading.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 4:25:44 AM EDT
[#21]
One month to go.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 4:32:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
One month to go.
View Quote
I can't wait!
Yet I plan to be disappointed at the same time
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Set your expectations suitably low!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One month to go.
I can't wait!
Yet I plan to be disappointed at the same time
Set your expectations suitably low!
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I'd be fine with that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So are all these final battles going to be happening at night?

I'm really looking forward to this seasons battles (even if they are rushed) and I hope they'll be able to reach or surpass the Battle of the Bastards.
View Quote
I’ll give D & D credit there because the battles the past couple of seasons, besides Stannis, have been superb.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I’ll give D & D credit there because the battles the past couple of seasons, besides Stannis, have been superb.
View Quote
Well-filmed and scripted battles don't make up for gaping plot holes. See the battle beyond the wall in season 7. Not that that's a great battle scene, but the plot holes were unsurpassed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Well-filmed and scripted battles don't make up for gaping plot holes. See the battle beyond the wall in season 7. Not that that's a great battle scene, but the plot holes were unsurpassed.
View Quote
You just don’t understand their artistic genius, and are incapable of appreciating the quality.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, the writers are terrible and they don’t understand the setting or surroundings they are in. Battle of Hardhome was one of the greatest scenes in GoT. They escape by boat but yet they are walking on land beyond the wall the next scene we see them in.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Interview with the actor who plays the Night King:

Do fans recognize you? What are their reactions?

Not often. Sometimes. Many people ask me: “Can you please kill Jon Snow?” It’s very interesting. Sometimes I watch YouTube reactions after the season airs. Fifty percent of people love the Night King and 50 percent of people hate him. And since I replaced Richard Brake, some people like how I play him and some don’t.

What can we expect from him in the final season?

People will see he has a target he wants to kill, and you will find out who that is. There’s also that moment [in “Hardhome”] when Jon Snow was on the boat and the Night King looked at him and raised his arms — there’s a similar and even stronger moment between Jon and the Night King this time.

Do you have an all-time favorite Night King scene?
That’s still coming.
View Quote
https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/07/night-king-game-of-thrones-interview/

Interesting how many want Snow dead.

Wonder who his target is.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Educated guess would be Bran.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Supposedly wherever Bran is, he knows cause he touched him?
I know of the one time, but would it follow him wherever?
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s too easy. Not enough of a twist.

He killed the children of the forest so maybe he’s after the direct decendants of the first men? Maybe he’s looking for a lover?

Maybe he wants to make Sansa his queen? That dumb cunt would probably go for it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#34]
The run time for The Battle for Winterfell episode has been changed from the reported 60 mins to now 82 mins.

This would make episode 3 the longest episode in the 8 seasons of the show.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The run time for The Battle for Winterfell episode has been changed from the reported 60 mins to now 82 mins.

This would make episode 3 the longest episode in the 8 seasons of the show.
View Quote
Internet outrage works?
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Tyrion will bring back First Night and impregnate all the women of Westeros. Within several generation the whole country will be nothing but dwarfs. They will become known as hobbits.
View Quote
Dude, you should so write the spin off
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Rewatching random episodes it is kinda annoying how Daenerys goes from having little to no control over her dragons to, without any explanation whatsoever, not only having total control over them but they seem to be telepathically linked to the point she doesn't even have to say anything or seemingly do anything to get the dragons to do exactly what she wants.

In the S5 finale Drogon is completely ignoring Daenerys when she last sees him.  He couldn't give a fuck.

Then THE VERY NEXT TIME she sees Drogon she's riding him and getting him to go exactly where she wants.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
He's after Sam.
He wants the baby (Gilly's son) that was stolen from him.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 10:26:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

He's after Sam.
View Quote
Oooooo... I like that!
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
He's after Sam.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's after Sam.
Little Sam will rule Westeros, with Sam as Hand of the King and Queen Mother Gilly as the true power behind the throne. His will be a long and prosperous reign until everyone dies of a massive plague grayscale brought in by hordes of unvaccinated Dothraki invaders immigrants.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Little Sam will rule Westeros, with Sam as Hand of the King and Queen Mother Gilly as the true power behind the throne. His will be a long and prosperous reign until everyone dies of a massive plague grayscale brought in by hordes of unvaccinated Dothraki invaders immigrants.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's after Sam.
He’s certainly inbred enough for the job.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#42]
All Hail Queen Arya!
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
All Hail Queen Arya!
View Quote
On a semi-unrelated note, doesn't she still have a name to name from when she named and then un-named the faceless man during their escape from Harrenhal? Might that come into play before the end? Or was that name collected when she killed the Waif (who arguably had no name to collect)?

Unless I am remembering something from that scene. It was an awfully long time ago.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
On a semi-unrelated note, doesn't she still have a name to name from when she named and then un-named the faceless man during their escape from Harrenhal? Might that come into play before the end? Or was that name collected when she killed the Waif (who arguably had no name to collect)?

Unless I am remembering something from that scene. It was an awfully long time ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All Hail Queen Arya!

She unnamed Jaqen H'ghar when he agreed to her help Gendry, Hot Pie, and her escape.  Any of the dozen or so guards Jaqen killed would have sufficed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's after Sam.
Maybe Gilly's baby is the "prince that was promised"?  Mance was a "king", and his son would then be a prince.  All of Mance's sons were "promised" to the Night King.....
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#46]
tyrion ends up sitting on the iron throne.

everyone else is dead.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Maybe Gilly's baby is the "prince that was promised"?  Mance was a "king", and his son would then be a prince.  All of Mance's sons were "promised" to the Night King.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's after Sam.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Mance was the wildling that was fucking his own daughters and giving the sons to the Walkers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
tyrion ends up sitting on the iron throne.

everyone else is dead.
View Quote
Tyrion would see Westeros burn if he could be king of the ashes?
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Except that the baby was Crasters son (Gilly's father), not Mances.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
you're confusing Mance with Craster
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top