Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 358
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Not me.  I swear.

Game Of Thrones Season 8 Episode 3 Is PROOF That D&D SUCK!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The fucking bigots that wrote that article completely ignore the genocide of the undead that occurred in episode 3. #WightLivesMatter
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The fucking bigots that wrote that article completely ignore the genocide of the undead that occurred in episode 3. #WightLivesMatter
We need to support causes like this until even the left gets tired of their own BS.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
As much as I complain about Dumb and Dumber, at least they know their limitations.  They know left to their own devices they are incapable of writing a show anywhere close to the quality of S1-4 (where they could just copy and paste from the books) so rather than attempt the fantasy version of Breaking Bad S5 they have basically turned the show into fan-fiction (with an emphasis on fan-service) on a massive budget which, at the very least, seems to please the majority of non-hardcore fans.

A man's got to know his limitations (HD)
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Has GRRM commented on the episode?  Was wondering if it turned out as he planned and he trolled us with a false prophecy from the beginning.
View Quote
Prophecy in the show Game of Thrones have proven to be very problematic.  A number of them didn't happen the way they were predicted, or at least interpreted.  
So, I think too much emphasis is being placed on the prophecy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think that her character has been set up to get cocky and get herself killed or maimed.  Or at least, that's what should happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just going to say this:

GoT is famous for killing off everyone's favorite and not sticking to usual tropes.
Arya is a badass and was a favorite of many viewers. NOW she's a freaking legend since slaying the NK. She fulfilled the biggest purposes of one the main plots.

Click To View Spoiler
This is the problem I have with Arya killing the NK. We are quickly approaching TLJ territory.

She is now the unstoppable supper assasain that kills everyone going forward and/or we get wonky shit that makes no sense.
I think that her character has been set up to get cocky and get herself killed or maimed.  Or at least, that's what should happen.
Sounds familiar.

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wonder how many seasons, and at what point it's been when the producers/writers/costumers realized that they couldn't

straps down those tits anymore and not cause her any real discomfort or pain?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on, they get high in the bathtub together. It's pretty much guaranteed that there's some scissor me timbers going on

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/177643/Screensho_png-930236.JPG

At least my dick is 100% sure
I wonder how many seasons, and at what point it's been when the producers/writers/costumers realized that they couldn't

I just don't understand why people keep saying she has such great tits.....I have seen men with bigger tits than what she has.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]
It would have been much cooler and more interesting if the Night King won and killed everyone

Instead not even one important character died from the "biggest threat" in the entire show
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Arya's jump is ridiculous unless it was magical.

Her not breaking her neck when getting caught mid air coming down is ridiculous unless it was magical.

Her ghosting past an unded horde is ridiculous unless it was magical.

She might as well have teleported. Which is fine in a work of fiction *if you admit it was teleportation*.

So, Arya is a wizard. That's pretty much the only explanation.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Also what kind of dumbass puts their artillery IN FRONT of their heavy infantry?

And have light cavalry charge straight ahead into an unseen enemy formation instead of flanking the sides?

Worst battle tactics ever. A retard could have come up with a better strategy.

They deserved to lose.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Right.  Directors have to do all sorts of things that look off, until the editing.  In the scene, it came out looking completely different.

https://thecrazywatchers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/anigif_sub-buzz-6273-1556511276-1.gif

In the scene, it looked right.  In its making it looked weird and contrived.  The final product is what counts.  You can even see the arc to her jump.  It appears she is no more than maybe couple of feet off the ground.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, she is tiny. They needed her that high just to get the camera shot.
Right.  Directors have to do all sorts of things that look off, until the editing.  In the scene, it came out looking completely different.

https://thecrazywatchers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/anigif_sub-buzz-6273-1556511276-1.gif

In the scene, it looked right.  In its making it looked weird and contrived.  The final product is what counts.  You can even see the arc to her jump.  It appears she is no more than maybe couple of feet off the ground.
HAR! not arya, but here are some womenz getting fairly high in the air. they just needed a running start

check out the (small) chinese girl at 3 minutes....

from what i can tell a LOT of posters on this thread need to stick to scientifically verified documentaries so as to not get their jimmies rustled with improbable story-telling.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just don't understand why people keep saying she has such great tits.....I have seen men with bigger tits than what she has.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on, they get high in the bathtub together. It's pretty much guaranteed that there's some scissor me timbers going on

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/177643/Screensho_png-930236.JPG

At least my dick is 100% sure

So man boobs are more appealing to you than B cups on a 21 year old girl because they are bigger?

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They're on a spring floor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, she is tiny. They needed her that high just to get the camera shot.

HAR! not arya, but here are some womenz getting fairly high in the air. they just needed a running start

check out the (small) chinese girl at 3 minutes....
They're on a spring floor.
everyone knows the godswood has a springy leaf mold covering.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah but he was a man, not a Stronk Woman
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you are attributing it to magical abilities no problem. If you think she has the actual physical skillz like continually insinuating no.

I call it to lazy writing while others here think its brilliant writing. Sorry, not sorry.
View Quote
The character has some level of metaphysical or "magic" ability. I thought everyone realized that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
So, does that mean you prefer men with bigger tits, over woman with smaller tits?

Not that there's anything wrong that.  I'm just asking.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Her not breaking her neck when getting caught mid air coming down is ridiculous unless it was magical.

She might as well have teleported. Which is fine in a work of fiction *if you admit it was teleportation*.

View Quote
We are talking about a scifi fantasy story with fire breathing dragons, wolfs as big as Shetland ponies and people being able to survive a knife to the heart.
Of course there is magic.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Also what kind of dumbass puts their artillery IN FRONT of their heavy infantry?

And have light cavalry charge straight ahead into an unseen enemy formation instead of flanking the sides?

They deserved to lose.
View Quote
What heavy infantry? They had only light infantry.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It would have been much cooler and more interesting if the Night King won and killed everyone

Instead not even one important character died from the "biggest threat" in the entire show
View Quote
I'm not saying I disagree with you.

But, consider how much controversy Arya's jump caused the Geekosphere.  If the Night King rolled over everyone and everything at Winterfell, the Geek rage would be so bad the internet would go down.

Though, that would have been the biggest surprise since the Sopranos famous black screen dinner ending.  I think GOT fans would experience a wide range of emotions from deep depression, to violent internet outrage.

Nobody would watch the remaining episodes to see all of humanity on Westeros wiped clean.  The writers, directors and producers would receive death threats.

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We are talking about a scifi fantasy story with fire breathing dragons, wolfs as big as Shetland ponies and people being able to survive a knife to the heart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess you agree that she's a wizard. That's cool.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They deserved to lose.
Looked like they were wearing heavy armor to me but it was too dark to see. Heavy....light....you get the point.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I totally believe she can wear dead people's faces as disguises, but no fucking way she can dunk a basketball.  No fucking way!  That shit is impossible.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Holy shit, 30 pages of arguing about someones long jump
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Not shown

Bran cutting up and doing a line of NK's ice crystals to acquire undead powers.

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I totally believe she can wear dead people's faces as disguises, but no fucking way she can dunk a basketball.  No fucking way!  That shit is impossible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure. So where do you draw the line? Next episode, she throws a fireball.. that's cool? Next episode, she has lasers coming out of her eyes like Superman. It's cool. Magic. Finale, she shapeshifts into Godzilla. I mean, there are dragons, amiright?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Sure. So where do you draw the line? Next episode, she throws a fireball.. that's cool? Next episode, she has lasers coming out of her eyes like Superman. It's cool. Magic. Finale, she shapeshifts into Godzilla. I mean, there are dragons, amiright?
View Quote
I mean... At this point, yes.  All of those things would be awesome.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love Godzilla!
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#29]
So, uh, did they get the gold into Kings Landing before the dragon attacked and destroyed the wagons?  
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The character has some level of metaphysical or "magic" ability. I thought everyone realized that.
View Quote
To change faces/identities yes...so your right the speed running to the tree and magical trampoline vault of destiny is not out of the question with no other plausible explanation.

Congrats I guess. They turned her into Captain Marvell.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, but how would she take her chili?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So man boobs are more appealing to you than B cups on a 21 year old girl because they are bigger?

https://media0.giphy.com/media/26uf2yOmys7Ae9uQo/giphy.gif
View Quote
That's an old photo, IIRC Maisie was about 18, her tits have bloomed a little bit since . . .
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Maisie was about 18 in that photo, her tits have bloomed a bit since . . .
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Knights of The Vale were dismounted on the left with Brienne.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Arya took a white walkers face and was in the crowd when she killed the NK.

Jon Snow sacrifices himself and pierces his heart with dragon glass to become the new night king to raise the Army of the dead to fight Cersei.

(A woman I work with stated these two things as an explanation and prediction)
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2000 mounted knights were on foot.  Makes about as much sense as the rest of their battle plan.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Jon Snow sacrifices himself and pierces his heart with dragon glass to become the new night king to raise the Army of the dead to fight Cersei.

View Quote
How do you think she took a White Walker’s face?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

2000 mounted knights were on foot.  Makes about as much sense as the rest of their battle plan.
View Quote
That was one of their better tactical decisions.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Don't think Jon could have taken the Night King anyway

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwxNHhOCV2M/?igshid=i2nckbg5o30p
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you put a green acorn under their tounge before stabbing them with dragon glass they turn soft instead of bursting into ice cubes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
We did, even picked up someone's satellite dish I'm certain i can refurbish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see that you and your trailer survived the tornadoes!

It pleases me.
We did, even picked up someone's satellite dish I'm certain i can refurbish.
HAHA! Sweet! You can use it to catch the next episode that I really hope they don't fuck up.
Ya know,
like they did the last one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'll kick the carcass of this horse...

From the maps of Winterfell I've seen, the library is adjacent to the godswood.

When Theon & Co first start seeing movement, it is my belief that the first movement they see is Arya coming from the library and taking up a position in the godswood in anticipation of the NK coming for Bran. She logically sees this as the best time to attack and in the end is proven correct. I have not taken the time to pause the scene in question and doubt that even if you did so that you could identify the person. She, of course, arrives just seconds before the dead and remains unnoticed during the entire fight between the dead and the ironborn.
View Quote
Since you brought it up, I'll ask you to look at it.
Another weird thing I (think) I noticed in the opening sequence of the show. If you watch it, when they get to Winterfell, they seem to go down to the crypts, through the library, and out to the Godswoods. Is it possible they are showing us Aryas path?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you put a green acorn under their tounge before stabbing them with dragon glass they turn soft instead of bursting into ice cubes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think she took a white walker's face.

Besides they weren't even in the castle by the time she was in place.  The Night King was still flying around on his dragon.  If she took anyone's face, it would have been one of the multitudes of undead just laying around.

But I don’t think she needed anyone’s face.  She was already in her desired position well before the second wave of the undead were raised, and well before the Night King and White Walkers even entered Winterfell.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Man, I really enjoyed the third episode. Good plot development and great ending.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Man, I really enjoyed the third episode. Good plot development and great ending.
View Quote
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Sorry I've been absent for a bit. The running/jumping discussion lead me to searching out videos of womens long jump. Some of those girls catch serious air, airborne for over 20 feet (womens world record is 24'8").

Which led me to Darya Klishina . . .

Which led me to my bunk.

ETA: Darya
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Okay guys (And girls?) Obviously we will not all agree on everything. But I think we can agree that this is probably the best thing to ever happen to television.
I wont speak for you all, but for myself, I'm a little sad that its coming to an end. As I posted earlier, we've got ten years invested in this show, and in 3 weeks its all over.
Bummer.
 This thread is fucked up.
I just want the next episode to air so we can quit arguing about this one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#49]
It's weird because when the dead show up to the godswood, they act differently than they usually act. It doesn't really make sense. Why are they running around in a circle versus coming straight at them?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
That would be pants on head retarded. So yeah I could see D&D writing it
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top