Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I clicked on one of the links and regretted it

No more spoilers for me!
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Sadly the last episodes will finish out with visuals over good story telling.  Bad decisions with impossible outcomes to advance the plot. A slow killing off of the remaining characters to advance the plot and wrap up the characters story line.

You will need to forget all you know about a character and act as if this season is a one and done.

There is spoiler video clips out there so .....
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol. What a shit ending to this series.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Lol. What a shit ending to this series.
This.
The ride has been fun, but the ending matters.
Now some of this might have been GRRM stuff, if it was his choice or D&Ds choice, a "blah" ending does affect the overall score.

Kinda mad that there was basically one pay-off in the show, and they gave it to the wrong character.

Quoted:
I clicked on one of the links and regretted it

No more spoilers for me!
Once I saw the first one, I realized I might as well start reading them all.
I might finish the season, but the "re-watch" impulse is way down.

Endings matter
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:55:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, her boyfriend said it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maisie Williams (Arya) after finding out Arya was going to be the one to kill the NK:

“It was so unbelievably exciting, but I immediately thought that everybody would hate it.  That Arya doesn’t deserve it. The hardest thing is in any series is when you build up a villain that’s so impossible to defeat and then you defeat them. It has to be intelligently done because otherwise people are like, ‘Well,  [the villain] couldn’t have been that bad when some 45kg girl comes in and stabs him.’ You gotta make it cool. And then I told my boyfriend and he was like, ‘Mmm, should be Jon though really, shouldn’t it?’”

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ZFJYcVE5lYvWE/giphy.gif
I'll drink to that!
I think it says it all when it's the actress herself is not only saying it, but saying it an interview that's supposed to be hyping up the show.

Kinda like how GRRM claims he doesn't have time to watch GoT (so he can't be asked if he likes it) but then tweets how great other shows are.
Well, her boyfriend said it.
Reread the quote.  She said her boyfriend said the last bit about Jon.  The rest was Maisie.

“It was so unbelievably exciting, but I immediately thought that everybody would hate it. That Arya doesn’t deserve it. The hardest thing is in any series is when you build up a villain that’s so impossible to defeat and then you defeat them. It has to be intelligently done because otherwise people are like, ‘Well, [the villain] couldn’t have been that bad when some 45kg girl comes in and stabs him.’ You gotta make it cool. And then I told my boyfriend and he was like, ‘Mmm, should be Jon though really, shouldn’t it?’”
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Episode 4 has leaked.

*removed*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Episode 4 has leaked.

*removed*
Everything under "Episode 4 has leaked" should be in spoiler tags.

Quoted:
It's been over 16 months since S7 ended and now we finally have the S8 premiere date.  The last season of Game of Thrones will start April 14.

PLEASE PUT ANY SPOILERS IN SPOILER TAGS.  DON'T BE A CUNT.

If you don't know how just copy and paste the following and remove the X's:

[spoilerX] type spoiler here [/spoilerX]
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Two interviews are causing me to have a very, very reserved modicum of hope that not only will Daenerys die, but she might even go somewhat Mad Queen and have to be put down.

- Dumb and Dumber said they plan to turn their cell phones off during and after the finale.  In their minds Dany is THE fan favorite and everyone loves her. So if she got killed off they'd think that would piss everyone off.

- There is also Emilia Clarke who said, after finishing shooting her Daenerys scenes, she couldn't believe that's how Dany will be remembered.  That doesn't seem like something she'd say if Dany honorably took the throne.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/GQT9tuAchaBG0/giphy.gif
View Quote
She said in an interview that she had to take a very long walk after reading the finale season script.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Martin has only been setting that up for at least two books now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two interviews are causing me to have a very, very reserved modicum of hope that not only will Daenerys die, but she might even go somewhat Mad Queen and have to be put down.

- Dumb and Dumber said they plan to turn their cell phones off during and after the finale.  In their minds Dany is THE fan favorite and everyone loves her. So if she got killed off they'd think that would piss everyone off.

- There is also Emilia Clarke who said, after finishing shooting her Daenerys scenes, she couldn't believe that's how Dany will be remembered.  That doesn't seem like something she'd say if Dany honorably took the throne.

Martin has only been setting that up for at least two books now.
https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Targaryen_madness

Daenerys Stormborn is not thought to be insane, though her merciless treatment of the slave masters in Meereen is a dangerous hint that she may not have totally overcome the Targaryen madness. When the slave masters besiege the city, Daenerys shows her ruthless streak again when she announces her plans to "burn their cities to the ground". Following the Battle of the Goldroad, when Dickon and Randyll Tarly refuse to bend the knee, Tyrion Lannister (now Hand of the Queen) is unable to convince her to imprison them; she instead has Drogon incinerate both Tarlys.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not necessarily.

Richard Madden (Robb Stark) talked about how after shooting the Red Wedding he left quickly to catch a flight to London.  There was so much fake blood that it was on his new clothes.  On the flight he was crying like a baby while wearing bloody clothes looking like he just murdered someone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She wore Nike shoes while she was filming?
Not necessarily.

Richard Madden (Robb Stark) talked about how after shooting the Red Wedding he left quickly to catch a flight to London.  There was so much fake blood that it was on his new clothes.  On the flight he was crying like a baby while wearing bloody clothes looking like he just murdered someone.
Uh, why was he crying?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Uh, why was he crying?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#12]
No way in hell am I clicking anymore spoiler tabs from here on out.

Are they just rumors or is it legit tho?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
She said in an interview that she had to take a very long walk after reading the finale season script.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't really tell us that much though.  It could mean she didn't like what they did with her character.  It could just mean she had to take a very long walk to try to wrap her mind around how Dumb and Dumber screwed the pooch this badly.  Maybe both.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
What's on video and screenshots is confirmed,
The rest is rumors
if the rumors are true, oh boy.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#15]
BURN THEM ALL! (this is not a spoiler, as far as I know)

I have a feeling these last 3 episodes are going to be crazy. And a lot of people said nothing would happen this episode. LOL
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#16]
PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL THE ENDING!!!

I'm about to check out of this thread until after the last episode.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Uh, why was he crying?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
She wore Nike shoes while she was filming?
Not necessarily.

Uh, why was he crying?
His character (the one he has loved playing the most) gets murdered, his tv wife gets murdered, his tv mom gets murdered, he gets written off a massive hit show, he no longer gets to spend months every year with the friends he has gotten to know over the past half decade, and isn't sure where his career goes from there or where his next paycheck will come from.

I'm not an actor so I don't know, but I imagine that has to be pretty emotional.  Especially if it happened like an hour ago and you literally still have your character's blood on you.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Those spoiler links are actual video clips from future episodes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The rest is rumors
View Quote
90% of the past episodes  spoilers from said site were true all i am saying Internet going to Implode tonight. If that 90% stays true hory shit.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Wouldn't it be an interesting plot twist if the Night King / White walker story arc was not over?

It kind of makes sense.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
90% of the past episodes  spoilers from said site were true all i am saying Internet going to Implode tonight. If that 90% stays true hory shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rest is rumors
Us after Ep3
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wouldn't it be an interesting plot twist if the Night King / White walker story arc was not over?

It kind of makes sense.
View Quote
No. It doesn’t.

But this is GOT.

Maybe Arya is pregnant with a NK baby.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Probably not a bad idea.

Some people want to seem like they are cool for knowing "inside" information so they drop spoilers outside of tags, but because they aren't being very specific they think that somehow doesn't count.

Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty understandable

I can't confirm if anything I read was real - it will be sort of interesting to see if any of it is?
but I look forward to discussing it with people once this is all said and done.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That doesn't really tell us that much though.  It could mean she didn't like what they did with her character.  It could just mean she had to take a very long walk to try to wrap her mind around how Dumb and Dumber screwed the pooch this badly.  Maybe both.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is true, but she didn't appear that excited or happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't click the spoilers,  but I'll take your word.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rest is rumors
So, shits about to go down tonight?

My body is ready.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

damn that would be badass.

The Hound is also on the list. Who else from the list is still extant?
View Quote
The Hound came off her list in season five when she trained at the House of Black and White on Braavos, at the temple of the Many Faced God. During a session where Jaqen would smack her with a stick for lying, she got smacked when she said the Hound was on her list.

ETA already addressed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm sure it's been said a dozen times in this thread already, but if it holds true that Kelly C does go insane and becomes a villain, I'm going to laugh my ass off with all those numb-nuts who named their children after her.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm not reading any spoilers.
I'm sure D-D can disappoint me enough without having the surprise ruined.

Also, I promise to TRY to not take pleasure in the anguish of the smug "Leave Arya alone" douchebags, when it's their turn.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah they clearly confused impotence with desperation.

Shamalamadingdong did this with Glass recently and was rightly slammed for it as well.

Just watch the Battle of Helm's Deep for a primer on how to do it right. For all of the talk about how GOT is so much more realistic than LOTR, the battles sure don't prove that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't.

The plot armor was just a little two heavy this last show.  If you want to save characters for the plot, don't put them in desperate situations where it's unlikely they could survive.

That was a writing/director flaw.

Major gripes with the episode:

1. military formations at the beginning and deployment of military assets.  
2. too much plot armor
3. needed to clearly show how Arya did what she did.

Before those, I personally think the Night King should have been the ultimate boss, not Cersei.  It'll be interesting how they make Cersei a more interesting threat, then the magical immortal hellbent on wiping out humanity.

I still enjoyed the episode, go figure.
They wanted to show desperation, but the writers could of done so intelligently.

Have the army set up properly, with the army behind trenches and barriers, with commanders and trebuchets in back. You can still show the death-rush overpower and overflow the barriers and front lines in an incredible tide. It shows the living being very prepared but still pathetically overwhelmed.

You can have the dead do unpredictable tactics. Maybe have dead giants launch handful of undead at groups of men, or up over the walls. When things start looking bleak, have Davos launch the signal for calvary. They are located on makeout point with D&J, and they come down charging at the side. Right before the moment of impact, NK dives out of the night sky and torches them.

The commanders beat the retreat when the army of the undead reaches the back lines. You still get the impact of a losing battle with devastation.
Yeah they clearly confused impotence with desperation.

Shamalamadingdong did this with Glass recently and was rightly slammed for it as well.

Just watch the Battle of Helm's Deep for a primer on how to do it right. For all of the talk about how GOT is so much more realistic than LOTR, the battles sure don't prove that.
Remember some people saying The Long Night was going to be better?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Also, I promise to TRY to not take pleasure in the anguish of the smug "Leave Arya alone" douchebags, when it's their turn.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:55:49 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/xT5LMvkyaGxyKPycLe/giphy.gif
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#35]
After seeing the leaks from ep4 I’m somewhat convinced that GRRM has the rest of the books written and is waiting for the show to end so he can pull a, “now that those two fucking idiots are done...”
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
After seeing the leaks from ep4 I’m somewhat convinced that GRRM has the rest of the books written and is waiting for the show to end so he can pull a, “now that those two fucking idiots are done...”
View Quote
I've expected the books to be released almost immediately after the show ends for a couple years now
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Pretty understandable

I can't confirm if anything I read was real - it will be sort of interesting to see if any of it is?
View Quote
Is it just episode 4 that leaked or is it episodes 4-6 leaked?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've expected the books to be released almost immediately after the show ends for a couple years now
View Quote
Which brings me to an interesting Question:
What show are we going to binge watch next

I don't know about anybody else, but I am NOT going to subscribe to Netflix
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone care to PM me the spoilers? I'm weak and have no patience. I must know what happens!
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Anyone care to PM me the spoilers? I'm weak and have no patience. I must know what happens!
View Quote
Arent they already posted in the spoiler tabs?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Which brings me to an interesting Question:
What show are we going to binge watch next

I don't know about anybody else, but I am NOT going to subscribe to Netflix
View Quote
Wow, you finally made a post in this thread that wasn't fawning over fake reaction videos!
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bad writing "subverted expectations."
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Folks will be bitching about this episode for decades.
View Quote
A week later, we still are.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Folks will be bitching about this episode for decades.
At least the music is pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty understandable

3 scenes from tonight leaked
Which had people going back and looking at who claimed to have spoilers about the show, and who has been correct up to this point.

I hope they're wrong or not real. And I hope the show does not end that way
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Cersie is the obvious choice to sit on the throne.

And she is the hottest bitch on the series.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

At least the music is pretty good.
View Quote
The music was incredible.
The theme from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly was a monster hit when it was released.  It had massive air time and the album sold tons of copies.
How much air time will The Night King have now

Music to have nightmares by

Game of Thrones - The Night King Extended Version (1 Hr Version)
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Personally I don't think she's even the hottest bitch in the series that engages in incest.

Imagine saying that for any other show.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Personally I don't think she's even the hottest bitch in the series that engages in incest.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a lock for every key.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#50]
I guess I'll just post them spoilers?

THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SPOILERS, SUPPOSEDLY, OF THE REST OF THE SEASON.

REPEAT: NOT JUST THIS EPISODE, BUT FOR THE SEASON.

NOT A MEME OR A SHIT-POST, BUT WHAT MAY BE A SPOILER.

Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top