User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dang. Not optimistic about this.
View Quote
How could anyone have been optimistic about the future of this franchise after TLJ?
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#2]
So here's how you fix it all.

Slow zoom on younger middle aged Luke meditating. Lukes eyes open. He rushes out of the room to talk to Han and Leia. He tells them he has been using the force to probe possible futures and what he has seen is pure crap and he knows how to avoid it all.

From there act like the last 2 main story star wars movies never existed. Rewrite all of it, there is a ton of great material out there about stuff after the empire. Use it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I am ready for the reboot.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm sure there are lots of things about the original Star Wars that have been kept secret.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/271112/helpmeokie_jpg-1157417.JPG
View Quote
I just laughed out loud.
Seriously, except for the original trilogy:
Bad casting
Terrible acting
Horrible directing
Atrocious writing.
That’s stuff that can’t be fixed.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Meh, Lucas is a shit dialog writer and has a cringe inducing sense of humor but at least he is capable of creating a proper story arc and setting up a "lived in" world.

His original idea for the new trilogy is a million times better than what we ended up with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When George Lucas is being called in to save Star Wars, you know you have serious issues.

I couldn't care less about this movie but I am excited for Mandolorian. Jon Favreau is Star Wars' last hope.
Meh, Lucas is a shit dialog writer and has a cringe inducing sense of humor but at least he is capable of creating a proper story arc and setting up a "lived in" world.

His original idea for the new trilogy is a million times better than what we ended up with.
Star Wars(A New Hope) would have flopped big time if Lucas' wife didn't unfuck his original editing.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Liberals are bad at everything. Except destroying empires I guess.
View Quote
Seent what you did.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Meh.  I stopped watching after TLJ.  TFA was bad, but not too bad.  It just wasn't good or original.  Rogue One actually restored a good chunk of my faith in Star Wars.  TLJ took all my restored faith and broke it in two, then sucked away a bit more.  I skipped Solo altogether and I'll skip TRoS.  These rumors are, in fact, just rumors but they sound just bad enough to be true.  We'll know for sure in a couple months, but the only Star Wars content I'll be consuming from now on will be market data and Youtube commentary.  I won't give Disney another dime.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Creates Star Wars, Fucks Star Wars, Sells Star Wars, Saves Star Wars?
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Why are liberals not more upset about them having to erase Rose from memory because the racist Chinese didn't want a black man kissing an Asian on  screen?
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hollywood just doesn't take writing seriously these days.  Can anyone imagine telling Shakespeare or JRR Tolkien to write different endings?  The ending is perhaps the most important part of the plot.  Either you hire someone talented enough to write a good ending or you're fucked.  Hollywood seems incapable of hiring talented writers.
View Quote
Holly wood has ALWAYS hated writers. I read the autobio of the writer of STII-TWOK, and he elaborates at length on it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Josh Robert Thompson is amazing.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When George Lucas is being called in to save Star Wars, you know you have serious issues.

I couldn't care less about this movie but I am excited for Mandolorian. Jon Favreau is Star Wars' last hope.

Phantom Menace shits all over your "proper story arc" theory.  "Lived in World," too, since it was a bunch of random, disjointed, but cool-looking settings haphazardly strung together.  Lucas was always only good at making cool looking stuff, and relied on an empowered staff to reign in his terrible writing and directing; not sure why this should surprise anyone.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I miss George Lucas. With the right people around him, he would have made the new trilogy great. I was one that made the mistake of thinking that Disney would do a great job keeping the spirit of the series alive, but I'm pretty sure that spirit is unique to Lucas.

I actually enjoyed the prequels and like them more than the originals. The new movies are garbage
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Heard this the other day.   I can’t wait for this shitshow.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#15]
the best movie franchise in my lifetime,  fucked over by SJW'ers.

it sucks.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Save room in that graveyard for the new 007 movie. Maybe bury them together next to Terminator
View Quote
Death comes in threes, right?

I'm not seeing any of that Trio of Crap-tastic films.  (that's after being a life-long fanboy of all three series :( )
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Star Wars, Terminator, Ghostbusters. How many awesome 80’s IPs are SJWs going to ruin?
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#19]
LOL, that franchise is unsavable after the last part of it
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Woman inherits the Earth?
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Star Wars, Terminator, Ghostbusters. How many awesome 80’s IPs are SJWs going to ruin?
View Quote
Don't forget Star Trek.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They need to start fresh and make a series of movies from the old republic era

Like a KOTOR movie
View Quote
Disney already threw all those stories out as non-canon.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Don't forget Star Trek.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Star Wars, Terminator, Ghostbusters. How many awesome 80's IPs are SJWs going to ruin?
Don't forget Star Trek.
Star Trek has always had a SJW vibe to it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Slow zoom on younger middle aged Luke meditating. Lukes eyes open. He rushes out of the room to talk to Han and Leia. He tells them he has been using the force to probe possible futures and what he has seen is pure crap and he knows how to avoid it all.

From there act like the last 2 main story star wars movies never existed. Rewrite all of it, there is a ton of great material out there about stuff after the empire. Use it.
View Quote
Would be nice, but since Fisher is dead and Ford has wanted Solo dead since the end of ESB, neva gonna happen. SJW fest marches on.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The only good entry in the new Star Wars universe is Rogue One. Every other movie has been abject and utter garbage. They should stop milking this dead cow and move on already.
View Quote
I disagree. They abandoned what made Star Wars famous to begin with: Telling a great story. The become so greedy. They forgot it's all about telling a great and compelling story. Instead they were more into the merchandising and fast bucks and screwed themselves.They were into gimmicks, went overboard on clownish characters like Jar Jar Binks when the already had a great robotic comedy duo to carry the humor. Then to top it off they had writers who just couldn't resist creating their own version of Star Wars instead of sticking to the story line. There were too many egos in the kitchen trying to make a 5 star gourmet main course and ended up serving a deflated soufflé.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I think there is enough creativity on this forum to produce a Star Wars movie people would pay to see
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Doomcock whether you like him or not broke this news
Rise of Skywalker Test Screenings DISASTER | Lucas to the Rescue?
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I get the reference to your screen name!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:35:09 PM EDT
[#30]
The only way to fix this is to scrap the last two movies and make it look like a horrible nightmare that Luke woke up from
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Return of the Jedi was the beginning of the end.

stupid 2nd graders in teddy bear costume Ewoks and a reused plotline (second death star) told me the franchise was out of steam already
View Quote
Of course they would build a second death star. They had 25,000 start destroyers. They probably planned to build 100 death stars. One getting destroyed was not going to stop the empire from building a fleet.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ya people hating on it for being for SJW are a bit thinned skinned.
View Quote
Solo may have been awesome, before KK intervened.

Shared a lot of the creative team of Into the Spiderverse.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
While a bit contrived it IS cannon and yeah is about the only way to save this shit show lol.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Star Wars yahoos will see it regardless.

The franchise is a steaming liquid turd.

Lucas ensured that the minute he signed the sale documents.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#36]
They turned the best franchise in movie history and wore it into the ground.

They should just end Star Wars with a Rick roll and kill it off for good.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
2 is thick but probably likes the buttseks
View Quote
1 looks like she likes EVERYTHING.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They spent a four billion dollars for something then wrecked it in 7 years. LOL
View Quote
ftfy
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Didnt think anyone ever was told what his ideas were?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didnt think anyone ever was told what his ideas were?
Some of his ideas were leaked. Some of it was trash as you'd have expected but a lot of it had potential. He was even taking characters from the EU. It was said that Darth Talon would have been one of the main villains and she would have literally seduced Han Solos kid to the dark side.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There it is.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#42]
At this point I’d rather let Bollywood finish the Star Wars saga. At least it’d be worth a laugh. They could reprise the Ewok song from RoJ and let the whole cast dance (including Force ghosts of Luke, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda).
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Star Wars ended in 1983. Everything since has been a weak attempt and a money grab.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Is George Lucas going to be given a lightsaber and allowed to behead the entire production group and all of the Disney executives after using the Death Star to destroy any and all copies of this movie in its current form?  
If not, he ain't savin' shit.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Maybe they could write in a mandatory buyback of all light sabers into their imaginary, purple-haired universe.

It's for the children. And the Ewoks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They just need more transgender actors doing lesbian scenes.  That will save the film by making it so woke that every SJW will have to see it five times.
Maybe they could write in a mandatory buyback of all light sabers into their imaginary, purple-haired universe.

It's for the children. And the Ewoks.
I just noticed that Ewok is an anagram for Woke. Star Wars was planning on this all along!
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Lucas needs to make a parallel timeline, title it “Star Battles” and film it the way it should have been done.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nah, that's crap; not Last Jedi crap, but still crap.  It'd be relieving to know all the crap is "undone," but a dream retcon wouldn't be entertaining.

Do a low-budget flick where the New Order finally annihilates the Jedi & Rebels that now run the franchise, along with all significant New Order characters still remaining, in like the first 30min of the film.  Maybe blow up the familiar planets in the process.  From there, entirely new badass Jedi remnants, who had been cast aside by the weak & feckless group the Skywalkers associated with for being too ruthless against evil, unite with new disaffected rebels in another sector against a different corner of the Empire than we've seen, that is committing terrible war crimes.

Recipe for awesome from all parties involved; bad baddies, big damn heroes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#48]
This is the Toney McGuire Spider-Man Of Star Wars.

They will reboot it
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#49]
My idea is they fix it by going Gundam on the last movie. Everybody dies, many of them in futile ways.

OR they just adopt the idea the Red Letter Media guys came up with in their last video: a hundred different cuts of the film custom tailored to the audience. When you buy your ticket you are given a questionnaire, and depending on how you fill it out you get a ticket to a specific cut of the movie that aligns with your wishes. Want to see Luke kill everybody? That's a cut of the movie. Want to see Rey on the toilet for two hours? That's a cut of the movie.

Then the argument over how terrible the new films are changes to be an argument over which of the hundred different versions is the worst.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#50]
It's dead Jim.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top