Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Meanwhile they all want to show compassion to murdering thugs as is their liberal bent.

We are in a war against seriously evil violent murderers,rapists,armed robbers,home invaders,car jackers,communists who would cave your head in
over your MAGA hat or bumper sticker...

And they want us disarmed
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see you didn't read that we had a process where felons could get their rights restored and then Gov. Rick Scott fucked it all up.
View Quote
Maybe they will make a process for you to get your gun rights restored. Get down on your knees and beg for the right to be an American. The Government likes you to love a system where rights are hand picked.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:21:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Just another reason why FL is not and never will be on my list of retirement states. I would not want to move all that distance just to keep living in New York.

Of course the US Constitution is still law of the land and if SCOTUS ever rules MSR's are protected, that amendment would be null and void.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Update in OP
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:21:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Maybe they will make a process for you to get your gun rights restored. Get down on your knees and beg for the right to be an American. The Government likes you to love a system where rights are hand picked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see you didn't read that we had a process where felons could get their rights restored and then Gov. Rick Scott fucked it all up.
Again, we had a process in place that was sensible and well tought out until Gov. Rick Scott fucked it up. Anyone could petition to get their rights back and it was a fair, straight, and quick process. But again, Gov. Scott cluster fucked it and now we have this damn Amendment that is automatic.

The original system was pretty much if a person truly reformed and kept clean. They got their rights restored.

Automatic restoration of rights is something even the Founding Fathers were against since ththeththey believed that committing a crime meant a loss of rights.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Ummm, what do you think Red Ralph will be doing after they kick the shit out of us again in '19? (hint: VA SAFE Act)
Va is gone broseph.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#7]
This should be a wake up call to even the idiots who support it that they are in it for total control of your life....... but sadly it won’t. One day people will find themselves under the boot heels of those in power and wonder how it happened.......
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Digging through the campaign finance records. A lot of the donations are from out of state.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Update in OP
View Quote
They will never stop Miami...…..been that way all my life.

They want full control over an unarmed and subservient populace.

That goal was always there and always will be.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:51:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Which is why it's important that we as well do not give up. Election victory means nothing. The fight still goes on.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:58:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Washington State, anyone?

They got the signatures by telling people they were signing something else and got the votes through outright lies.

It CAN happen there and very well may.

Florida isn't about Floridians any more. It's Damn Yankee retirees and Puerto Rican refugees.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Which is why it's important that we as well do not give up. Election victory means nothing. The fight still goes on.
View Quote
Our side does quit when we win elections because our side believes that nothing will happen. Yet our side won for twenty years in FL and we didn't pass anything.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I didn't see Camera Hogg's name on that list.  Is he now toxic to the cause?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Digging through the campaign finance records. A lot of the donations are from out of state.
View Quote
Imagine that.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#15]
@Supermoose
@NoloContendere
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:18:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I’m starting with writing to my representives.  I’m a two issuer voter, taxes and gun rights and I’ll eat them know that as a start.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Going to be fun watching to see which LEO's support this.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm not worried because I know the NRA's top person in Florida is on the case and will defend our rights!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#19]
What I'm noticing is the continuing trend of the new way gun banners want to define a so-called assault weapon and get it codified into law. The new definition is "a semi auto weapon capable of accepting a detachable magazine"

All of these different state proposals are obviously based on the same source material
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Gainesville, and Tallahassee area command staff will openly back this.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#21]
It's not just an AW ban but also makes whole new groups into prohibited persons.

Further, to protect the population of the state no person shall possess a firearm of any kind if: 1) they have been convicted of a felony; 2) convicted of three or more misdemeanors; 3) had their drivers license suspended or revoked for driving under the influence, careless or reckless driving, or excessive speeding; 4) has been the subject of two or more domestic abuse emergency calls or investigations; 5) they are a person whose mental condition has been affirmed as temporarily or permanentlY psychologically disturbed by a person with a medical degree; 6) or if they are a person who has made any substantiated threat of violence against another person.

So now you don't need to be a felon any more to have your gun rights stripped... just get a your driver's license revoked or be investigated 3 times for domestic violence.  As if that won't be abused.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#22]
No shocker. They saw the idiots vote en masse for amendments this past voting cycle. They know its their way to go full gung-ho.

That said, fuck them. I guess if it ever passes I'll be a felon. Oh the fuck well.

Turn reasonable and peaceful men into criminals overnight, and in the morning they wake up unreasonable and unpeaceful. At some point people just stop obeying the kings orders.

ETA: Our side should be pushing to ban out of state funding / donations for political activities within this state.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What I'm noticing is the continuing trend of the new way gun banners want to define a so-called assault weapon and get it codified into law. The new definition is "a semi auto weapon capable of accepting a detachable magazine"

All of these different state proposals are obviously based on the same source material
View Quote
Our side is focused on the Federal government. We think that Congress will be the path towards gun control. The NRA is built to fight gun control in Congress but is is inadequate to fight across various states since their resources are spread thin. Furthermore, the Left has discovered that the easiest way to win is to take over the states. It doesn't matter if there is one Federal Law or a patchwork of State Laws. It all achieves the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If you put a bill that would enslave the population of Florida to the sugar farms it would pass.

I believe the majority of people don't read nor understand the ballots and just knee jerk yes to everything.
View Quote
This has become painfully, frighteningly obvious.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would bet money that the commies will get a weed law on the ballot to turn out more leftists.
View Quote
That is what happened in Michigan this year, and everything went hard blue.

Maybe Florida  should just legalize it now to avoid this BS in two  years.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#26]
They want to designate the National Guard and Police as the militia...

Lets see what Madison and Mason have to say about that?

A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country.
View Quote
I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials.
View Quote
How are they not in violation of their oaths?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So..... you don't support people's rights to vote that did their time for their crime but expect everyone to support your right to bear arms?

Picking and choosing people's rights is the problem here to begin with.
View Quote
I think there is a difference,  one thing there is no guarantee of a right to vote. Nowhere in the USSC or the bill of rights is there a guaranteed right to vote.

State is free to set the rules about who can vote as long as it doesn't violate the additional amendments such as age, sex, race etc.

Not everyone should be voting,  it does not serve national or states best interest.

I do support felons gaining their 2nd amendments, it's an individual right and specifically listed in bill of rights.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Gainesville, and Tallahassee area command staff will openly back this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well they're just going to have to nuke us.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#29]
As if I needed more reason to hate this muggy, mosquito and pill addict infested shithole.

Ya'll may go to hell, I'm going to Texas!
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Sounds awful. It may ban essentially any and all semiautos that accept mags or have long tubes. Basically an all out semiauto ban. That actually may be it's downfall. Funny and sad is, if this was an AR15 and AK47 and its clones ban it would pass 100% assured.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I would bet money that the commies will get a weed law on the ballot to turn out more leftists.
View Quote
And this is the great lie. Marijuana legalization is not a left selling point, well it is because the right is dumber then shit and embracing via taxes with legalization is hard to understand.

If the 2A crowd would tie with the MJ, you might see some of our rights left alone. But again the right wants them dead, jailed or worse, gotta have the War on Drugs.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Florida has 1/3 of the country's felons. We had a system where they can petition to get their rights restored. Gov. Scott fucked it all up. That gave the Democrats fuel to push an Amendment that automatically restores their rights. Traditionally, felons vote Democrat since their rap sheet and social stigma of being a felon lowers their job options. So they rely economically on welfare and government dole.

It was a political play by the Left to get more Leftist voters to the polls in the future to tip Florida over.

I'm for felons getting their rights back, all of them. Through a process where they prove to society that they are reformed. Part of punishment for being a criminal is the loss of your rights. Simply being released from jail doesn't end the punishment. Even the Founders agreed with that. But to make it automatic after they're released is bullshit. Why was the Amendment solely about voting rights? Why not gun rights, or in Florida's case. The right to hold any professional business license. But it wasn't. It was all calculated for the sole purpose to get the Dems a bump in the polls.

Because guess what, felons still can't get professional business licenses or own firearms.
View Quote
And here again the right could have owned this. I swear the GOP is about losing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quite a few lawfirms contributed lots of money to them. Actually, most of the larger donors are law firms:

$5,000.00 - THE LAW OFFICES OF ANIDJAR & LEVINE
$10,000.00 SEARCY DENNEY SCAROLA BARNHART & SHIPLEY
$10,000.00 RUBENSTEIN ROBERT (Rubenstein Law Firm)
$5,000.00 MAHER MICHAEL C. (Maher Law Firm Orlando)
$10,000.00 HOGAN WAYNE (Law Firm Jacksonville)

Other big names in South Florida:

$25,000.00 BRAMAN NORMAN (Braman Auto)
$50,000.00 STIEFEL BARBARA (Local Libtard rich bitch)
$100,000.00 SUSSMAN SELWYN DONALD (Donald Sussman - Multimillion dollar financier of various dem campaigns. Millions to the clinton campaign)
$12,500.00 FRIEDKIN MONTE (Another dem financier - was chairman of the dems in Palm Beach and Jewish Democratic Council)
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's not just an AW ban but also makes whole new groups into prohibited persons.

Further, to protect the population of the state no person shall possess a firearm of any kind if: 1) they have been convicted of a felony; 2) convicted of three or more misdemeanors; 3) had their drivers license suspended or revoked for driving under the influence, careless or reckless driving, or excessive speeding; 4) has been the subject of two or more domestic abuse emergency calls or investigations; 5) they are a person whose mental condition has been affirmed as temporarily or permanentlY psychologically disturbed by a person with a medical degree; 6) or if they are a person who has made any substantiated threat of violence against another person.

So now you don't need to be a felon any more to have your gun rights stripped... just get a your driver's license revoked or be investigated 3 times for domestic violence.  As if that won't be abused.
View Quote
Wow that's overreaching, maybe it won't pass because of that.

Where is the text to the whole law ? I'd like to check it out. This concerns me greatly.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This has become painfully, frighteningly obvious.
View Quote
Is getting a pro gun protection bill of some kind passed in a similar ballot initiative an option?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
And here again the right could have owned this. I swear the GOP is about losing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Florida has 1/3 of the country's felons. We had a system where they can petition to get their rights restored. Gov. Scott fucked it all up. That gave the Democrats fuel to push an Amendment that automatically restores their rights. Traditionally, felons vote Democrat since their rap sheet and social stigma of being a felon lowers their job options. So they rely economically on welfare and government dole.

It was a political play by the Left to get more Leftist voters to the polls in the future to tip Florida over.

I'm for felons getting their rights back, all of them. Through a process where they prove to society that they are reformed. Part of punishment for being a criminal is the loss of your rights. Simply being released from jail doesn't end the punishment. Even the Founders agreed with that. But to make it automatic after they're released is bullshit. Why was the Amendment solely about voting rights? Why not gun rights, or in Florida's case. The right to hold any professional business license. But it wasn't. It was all calculated for the sole purpose to get the Dems a bump in the polls.

Because guess what, felons still can't get professional business licenses or own firearms.
Rick Scott made a clear, straightforward procedure for reinstatement of rights to being a cluster fuck because of his ego and petty fiefdom rule. That in turn gave the Left the fuel needed for the fire that was this last election.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
And here's the kicker - That would have stopped any of the past shooters.... how?

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Is getting a pro gun protection bill of some kind passed in a similar ballot initiative an option?
View Quote
Thaat would mean gun owners get off their asses and do something. They don't.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Where is the text to the whole law ? I'd like to check it out. This concerns me greatly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe. Or maybe they put in a little bit of obvious crap that way they could "negotiate" back down to what they really want. That way they can claim that they are willing to compromise.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Will this need 60% approval by the voters rather than 50% ? If so it's probably going to hard for them to get 60% esp with the drastic changes in prohibited persons.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
I got 4 speeding tickets in the 90s....
Guess im fucked
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Start a petition to change the state constitution to end women’s sufferage.

That will be a good way to start the conversation about why changing the constitution doesn’t allow you to take away natural rights...
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Nothing but a Scotus  miracle will save us
View Quote
Don't hold your breath on that happening anytime soon.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Was expecting this after seeing all the amendments pass this past election.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:16:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Nothing I can do from PA other than send prayers, if there is anything let me know and I will do it. I will call Sen. Toomey right away and start suggesting preemtion law.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Ummm, what do you think Red Ralph will be doing after they kick the shit out of us again in '19? (hint: VA SAFE Act)
Va is gone broseph.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Va is gone broseph.
Thank you for reminding me to update my location.

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#47]
This will not hold up in court as written, they plan on taking your 2a rights if you have had your license suspended for excessive speeding, even CJ Roberts will smack that down.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This will not hold up in court as written, they plan on taking your 2a rights if you have had your license suspended for excessive speeding, even CJ Roberts will smack that down.
View Quote
Or two calls to your house for domestic violence not even arrest but merely a call to your house your neighbor could call  twice because he doesn't like guns.

I don't see that passing muster at all
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Theres another one that doesnt pass the scotus smell test "has been the subject of two or more domestic abuse emergency calls or investigations" so if i have a crazy ex who used to punch herself and threaten to call the cops, I was investigated and easily cleared I would have my rights taken away.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Or two calls to your house for domestic violence not even arrest but merely a call to your house your neighbor could call  twice because he doesn't like guns.

I don't see that passing muster at all
View Quote
Yup just responded, i think there is hope that this is so badly written and restrictive that it gets slammed in the courts and FAST. even if voted in
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top