Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

RP has some that are okay, certainly a step above Ghurka but neither of which I'd ever seek out.

Serino, Drew Estate, Regius, Perdomo, Black Label, Caldwell, Southern Draw, etc... etc....
View Quote
My favorites would have to be Alec Bradley and Camacho, with Oliva and Rocky Patel being my second tier choices. Some Patels are real solid choices but alot of them are just "meh" for the price.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Smoking a Ghost right now and honestly not a bad cigar I just wish gurkha was more consistent.
View Quote
Gurkha is the 'Lucy with the football' of cigar manufacturers. You find something and it is good. Enjoyable even. Then everyone that you buy after the first three has the flavor of a dog turd with hints of Louisiana road tar and refinery smell, plus a subtle touch of burning tire pile.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
its like guys who spend a bunch of money on liquor.
View Quote
Go be poor with bad taste somewhere else.  I bet your anderson build is just as good as a KAC.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I've smoked very few ghurkas, I had a decent one just the other day though.

I've always been of the opinion that if they spent some of the packaging budget on ... tobacco...  they would have a much better product.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a coolerador full of cigars (most were a variety of Gurkhas).

Most are still in the back of my main coolerador.

I smoked the Warpigs.
They were not too bad.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My favorites would have to be Alec Bradley and Camacho, with Oliva and Rocky Patel being my second tier choices. Some Patels are real solid choices but alot of them are just "meh" for the price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RP has some that are okay, certainly a step above Ghurka but neither of which I'd ever seek out.

Serino, Drew Estate, Regius, Perdomo, Black Label, Caldwell, Southern Draw, etc... etc....
The Oliva Serie V Melanio
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I prefer H. Upman, Macanudo, or Cohiba cigars, myself. Never heard of the Gurkha. One cigar I do want to try is an Avo .
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#8]
TheRealGhurkaSmoke
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I like the burbon infused ones. I'm more of a flavor cigar type. Cognac I haven't tried since it's about 20 bucks a pop. People always ask me if it's cuban.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like the burbon infused ones. I'm more of a flavor cigar type. Cognac I haven't tried since it's about 20 bucks a pop. People always ask me if it's cuban.
View Quote
The Gurkha rep handed out several of the bourbon infused cigars once.   They didn't taste like bourbon to me, but they had a very mellow and rich flavor that was complex and delicious.   I personally like fuller-bodied sticks but that one was excellent.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Gurkha is a no from me, but I don't smoke LOTS of cigars so when I do burn one I tend gravitate towards the higher end offerings like Liga Privada's, Opus X's, Davidoff's or a legit Cuban (going to Cabo in June for fish and stogies)
If you like flavored sticks try the Drew Estate Tabak or Java lines they're pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Graycliff G2 is my go-to.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
always lol at cigar connoisseurs who think they can tell the difference
View Quote
Do you smoke cigars?

The ignorant often laugh at things they don't understand, out of insecurity.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Yup.  The new ones should be out soon and I need a box for a graduation gift.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Never a big fan of them, and it's been years since I've had one.   Back when I did smoke, Avo were some of my favorites.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Gurkha...

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Like the ones on top?
View Quote
Holy shit.

I just decided whose house I'm going to run to when the zombies come, boomboxing "Careless Whisper" outside until you just have to let me in if for no other reason than to shut me the hell up.  WHAM!
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, I've learned something from this thread.  I thought Gurka just made knives.  Now I've learned that they make cigars as well.

Of course, I used to think Coach just made shotguns.  From a girl friend, I learned that Coach make purses as well.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yeah they should be shipping for father's day.

Hope you have a source for a box. They're rare as fuck. I got my 4 for MSRP plus shipping. So can't complain.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Holy shit.

I just decided whose house I'm going to run to when the zombies come, boomboxing "Careless Whisper" outside until you just have to let me in if for no other reason than to shut me the hell up.  WHAM!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Holy shit.

I have a cigar problem.

But I basically gave up drinking, lost 105lbs so far, and ditched a terrible ex girlfriend.

So I'll trade one bad habit for 3 bad life styles.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have a cigar problem.

But I basically gave up drinking, lost 105lbs so far, and ditched a terrible ex girlfriend.

So I'll trade one bad habit for 3 bad life styles.
View Quote
NET GAIN MAN!
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Padron 2000 maduro by the box.
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I wouldn't buy them. I'd smoke one if it was a gift, but I'd never pay for one. Got a sampler from CI a fewyears back and really didn't like any of them.
My favorites at the moment is Ramon Beuso "Genesis The Project".
View Quote
Ramon Buesos are pretty good. I picked up a bunch at $1 a piece.

Weren't you smoking a My Father the other day op? What are you doing smoking a ghurka?

Here is my delivery for the week. I already have all of these already but these were good enough to add to my collection. No reason to chance ghurkas when you can get these for two bucks a pop. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Weren't you smoking a My Father the other day op? What are you doing smoking a ghurka?

Here is my delivery for the week. I already have all of these already but these were good enough to add to my collection. No reason to chance ghurkas when you can get these for two bucks a pop. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/322675/rps20190509_125849_357_jpg-939624.JPG
View Quote
I love those Oliva 2nds... great price for a tasty cigar.  The RP 1990 and 1992 2nds are pretty good, too.

Might not look the best, but that doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I love those Oliva 2nds... great price for a tasty cigar.  The RP 1990 and 1992 2nds are pretty good, too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is my delivery for the week. I already have all of these already but these were good enough to add to my collection. No reason to chance ghurkas when you can get these for two bucks a pop. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/322675/rps20190509_125849_357_jpg-939624.JPG

I've had mixed luck with the Oliva seconds. I've got some that like to blow up and some where the taste just didn't cut it for my personal taste.  The lancero/panatela pictured though just works for me. I think these are seconds because of the larger veins in the wrapper. Other than that I've had no problems with them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Had a Ghurka Beauty last week. Enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Rocky Patel is a good cigar.  Never cared for the Ghurka's.
View Quote
I had a RP the other day, enjoyed the gurkha i had more..
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a Padron 1964 sitting in my humidor for a party im attending saturday
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Every one I've ever had was a dog rocket.
Good news is if you hate Gurkha, they'll come out with 50 more stupid named cigars soon. Very soon.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I prefer H. Upman, Macanudo, or Cohiba cigars, myself. Never heard of the Gurkha. One cigar I do want to try is an Avo .
View Quote
Avo Domaine is g2g.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Holy shit.

View Quote
Solid plan there!
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#33]
It wouldnt surprise me if they werent made with scraps that fell on the floor. Garbage cigars
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's been said that people with a low IQ have very basic taste receptors.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Horrible sticks
View Quote
This is the God's honest truth.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#36]
GHURKHA is the NCStar of cigars.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#37]
They're dog rockets.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
GHURKHA is the NCStar of cigars.
View Quote
Hardly.  NCStar is at least priced low.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Solid plan there!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit.

Solid plan there!
Haddaway what is love might work better.

At least it did in Night at the Roxbury.

Yeah I'm bored in a tree stand down in Texas...
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#40]
When I was smoking cigars Ghurkas were the most consistently disappointing ones I tried. I eventually convinced myself that the whole damn thing was rigged. Take 'Kuba Kuba' for example. Drew Estate put them out under their 'Acid' brand and at first they were great. Then like all the others, suddenly you get a box of stinkers. After that, they're never the same again. I simply got sick of the rat race and just quit. Every so often I'll smell one and the old yearning comes back but all I have to do is think about how much I grew to hate the cigar companies and its no longer a problem. :)
I smoked cigarettes for probably 30 years before that. You have to admit, with cigarettes you at least can count on getting the same thing every time. With cigars, you keep running into the stinkers that have a tight draw, seem to be packed with sweepings off the floor, split, burn unevenly and taste like crap. Ghurkas did that for me more often than any other brand.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Haddaway what is love might work better.

At least it did in Night at the Roxbury.

Yeah I'm bored in a tree stand down in Texas...
View Quote
Hehehe I'd invite you in. I'm a sucker for 90's music.
Others might shoot you
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:31:35 PM EDT
[#42]
I’ve had some in my humidor for almost 11 years. I’m hoping that in another 15 they will taste good.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
there is a difference between a GOOD cigar and a dog turd simulator.
the main point is that there isn't a a price difference between a Gurkha and something like the R&J or Brick House which are consistent plus a decent smoke
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#44]
i just bought my first humador this week and ive been chasing cigars trying to find one as delicious as a Cuban Cohiba

So far I've really enjoyed:
-Bespoke Super Belicoso
-Oliva Melanio V

I also have these just delivered sitting in the humador waiting to smoke:
-Romeo y Julieta 1875 Bully Belicoso
-Cohiba Red Dot Toro Tubos
-CAO Columbia, Italia, Brazil, Black

Can anyone suggest delicious cigars like a cuban cohiba?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:23:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
i just bought my first humador this week and ive been chasing cigars trying to find one as delicious as a Cuban Cohiba

-Bespoke Super Belicoso
-Oliva Melanio V

View Quote
I keep in my humidor:

Opus X Lost City and Davidoff Late Hour for special occasions.

Diamond Crown Julius Caesar and Maximus for the not so special occasions.

Caldwell Blind Mans Bluff and Long Live the King for a regular day.

I dont smoke daily, maybe once or twice a week, so I dont keep bargain smokes in my humidor.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#46]
In my opinion Kirkam might be the best tasting least consistent cigar ever. I have smoked just about everything. Many of the Gurkhas hole out. I’ve heard that is because there is worms in the cigar.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

-Bespoke Super Belicoso
-Oliva Melanio V

View Quote
Looks like you enjoy the mild cigars, Right?
One of my favorites (very affordable) is Ramon Beuso. I've never seen it in a shop, only online. But it's a good smoke. Very mild and easy to smoke.
The ones you already have, are good...personally not a fan of CAO, but I can't say anything bad about them either.
The way I started out was by getting the brown bag specials from CigarsInternational...let's you try many different cigars - obviously not the premium stuff, but a lot of variety.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#48]
I smoke cigars everyday. I've tried Gurkha. I bought them at cigar events and they alway gave cool things with.

Tactical back packs, knives ect.. that's the only reason I bought them.

I'd keep them as give away cigars without the band on them. To people that visited and were no cigar smokers. But wanted to try one.

I use to give guest real nice cigars. But I'd find practically whole to half cigars in my yard the next day.

That said there was one gurkha I did like somewhat. It was an aged cigar 12 or 15 years.

Was not bad. But most are just too inconsistent. I don't buy them anymore. I gave up on them.

There use to be a cigar I bought many years ago. I loved for an everyday smoke. It was a Hoja Cubana Yellow Band. For some reason they stopped making them. Maybe changed the label.

But I'd love to smoke another.

I have around a 500 cigar humidor cabinet. I like them aged where they get the real fine grey to white bloom  on them.

I leave them in wrappers if they have them. I cut just the end of wrappers off. To where they are open on one end.

But I buy them on sale on line for hugh savings. Sometimes 50% off or more. I buy alot then.

But Gurkha.......you could do alot better. But hey they are OK if you drunk and that's all you have.

OP you could have done worst though. They make a barbecue cigar. Tried it once, it was free. Did not get past but a few draws.

Like El Rey del Mundo cigars for the money on sale as a fishing cigar and just a outside bum around smoke.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#49]
I want to make one of those lined in Spanish cedar.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The Oliva Serie V Melanio
View Quote
Just bought 6 boxes of those.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top