BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 107
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By onealphay2k:

Thanks!  I bought one.  $329 shipped to FL is hard to beat.  Looks like Westinghouse sells the same one with good reviews.  I bought the HF one last week but haven't opened the box yet.  Once this one arrives in good shape I am going to return the HF and save $100. I did notice that the seller has horrible feedback, but I am willing to take my chances.  eBay always sides with the buyer.  I am in no rush so I will play this out if necessary.
View Quote
please expound/educate me on the feedback, it looks terrific to me, am i looking at it wrong?

Top Rated: Seller with highest buyer ratings
..with over 300k feedback/sales(?)
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be much cheaper to run if you put the elbow on the other side of the meter.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CVO:
Solved my gas can problem.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL488/1126801/24697153/413556988.jpg
View Quote
Do tell....how much, where from?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:47:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CVO] [#4]
Originally Posted By Thump_rrr:
It would be much cheaper to run if you put the elbow on the other side of the meter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I don't like using multiple plugs, it just another area of resistance and voltage drop.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Hitman9921:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hitman9921:
Originally Posted By CVO:
Solved my gas can problem.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL488/1126801/24697153/413556988.jpg
I paid $785 OTD for local pickup, 110 gallon tank and electric pump.

http://atitank.com/products/dot-refueling-tanks/square-rectangle-refueling-tanks/
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Would the gas company give you any crap for doing this?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By slack_out:
I purchased my Pred2000 on 13th thanks to the OP. After hearing all the backorder rumors and not getting any emails from HF, I expected to be one of the "back to the drawing board" group.  To my surprise my long-lost Pred2000 was delivered today!   I had to run out and get a qt of oil (synth) to break it in tonight.  

IMO it looks well put together inside the panels, which are secured with screws on each side (3 per panel, 2 panels), but the plastic is not the typical stuff you're accustomed to in the gun industry. Kinda soft plastic and the entire gen is basically covered in plastic.  Nature of the beast.

After spending way too much time surfing for a potential replacement, its nice to have a fuel tank gauge, breakers, and option of parallel attachment on the Pred2000.  BUT, this design is missing a pet cock which can be a big deal and def a convenience when dealing with carburetors and lengthy storage times.  Happy with it, regardless.
View Quote
I ordered mine on the 13th also.  Haven't heard a word from HF.  The order status states. "Shipment # XXXXXXXXX"  What the hell does that mean?

If the sale ends today I may go local and see if they have any in stock before cancelling my online order.  Then again maybe I'll keep both.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Looked in 4 Harbor Freights for a 2000 today.

No dice. Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Mech2007:

No dice. Oh well.
View Quote
Did you ask if there are any in the back? Mine looked OOS too, but asked and they had lots.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By medicmandan:
They're now $429 locally with the coupon.  Anyone still getting them for $399?
View Quote
This coupon is good until the end of the month.

https://www.harborfreight.com/2000-Watt-Super-Quiet-Inverter-Generator-62523.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNDY2NDQ5NTYiLCJza3UiOiI2MjUyMyIsImlzIjoiMzk5Ljk5IiwicHJvZHVjdF9p%0D%0AZCI6IjExNzg4In0%3D%0D%0A

https://www.harborfreight.com/savings_coupons.html
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JoseCuervo:
Did you ask if there are any in the back? Mine looked OOS too, but asked and they had lots.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/79749/IMG_6690-314881.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mech2007:

No dice. Oh well.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/79749/IMG_6690-314881.JPG
And call the stores.  Just have the part number handy.  They have been very helpful for me...
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I started my Champion 6800/5500w genny today and ran it with a little load for a couple of hours.

I need to come up with a tow bar system to pull it up the hill with my lawn mower.  I guess I'm going to have to make something...
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By uwp:
please expound/educate me on the feedback, it looks terrific to me, am i looking at it wrong?

View All Quotes

Thanks!  I bought one.  $329 shipped to FL is hard to beat.  Looks like Westinghouse sells the same one with good reviews.  I bought the HF one last week but haven't opened the box yet.  Once this one arrives in good shape I am going to return the HF and save $100. I did notice that the seller has horrible feedback, but I am willing to take my chances.  eBay always sides with the buyer.  I am in no rush so I will play this out if necessary.

You need to click on the 99.1% Positive Feedback, it will take you to a page that has all the feedbacks and you can click on just the positives, negatives or neutrals and read them.  He has 43 negatives for the last 30 days and over 200 for the last 60.  If you read the comments you will see that he never responds and basically ignores customers.  Maybe he does Cerakoting on the side.  However, there are a lot of sales and a lot of happy cusromers, but that many negatives and neutrals for any seller is excessive.  Here is a direct link to his negatives  https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=cpo-outlets&iid=282606848712&de=off&items=25&searchInterval=30&which=negative&interval=180&_trkparms=negative_180

I still think it's worth taking a chance as long as you use PayPal.  If he doesn't deliver just open a case and be patient.  Chances are that he never touches the inventory and is brokering for a drop shipper.  I did not see any negative feedbacks for this generator.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:00:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#15]
The 99% is misleading.  Read the feedback.  He has hundreds of negative and neutral reviews.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282606848712?rmvSB=true

Mmmm.....The seller linked is showing 99% positive feedback with over 300,000 sales.  Are we looking at the same seller?
The 99% is misleading.  Read the feedback.  He has hundreds of negative and neutral reviews.
Wow.  Good catch.  Guy is obviously slipping.  Not worth the risk in my book.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:03:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: frankiebagadonuts] [#16]
I finally made my decision and ordered the Champion Digital Hybrid (an open frame inverter generator with 3,500 running watts).  $599 plus tax from Tractor Supply (order online and pick up in store).  If you don't happen to have a TSC close enough to pick up in store, shipping would have only been $12.  

I think that the 2000 watt would have been adequate, but getting double the power for only $130 more (than the Champion 2000) seemed like a no-brainer.  Since noise isn't my primary concern, I didn't feel like paying the high premium for the fully encased inverter.  Plus, maintenance will be easier with the open frame design.  I liked the weight of the Honda EG2800i (the only other open frame inverter) better, but couldn't justify the extra $400.  At 82 lbs, it might not be comfortable to move around but it is manageable.  

I'll post an update once I get it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought two of them for $409 out the door each.

Runs my LG Portable A/C on Eco Mode. 

The other one is going with me to Puerto Rico to give to family later this week. American Airlines will allow it since it is new in the box. 
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BIKECOP29:
Sale ends tomorrow.
Pretty solid reviews on Amazon and Newegg.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:

I'm seriously considering ordering one of those too, since it looks like its a clone of the Predator... $359 with free shipping and no taxes.... that kicks the shit out of the HF deal for the same Gen.
Sale ends tomorrow.
I am taking the chance on this one.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Mine has 3 hours on it now. Doing an oil change.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#21]
For the guys running on wells what size genny are you needing I've got a small champion 2000 and will probably be grabbing a 2nd so we can use the ac in the camper. But next spring we're going to be moving into a new home on acreage and it's well and septic and I'd like to have a genny capable of using the well as needed if we were to lose power. 
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 5:10:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: miker84] [#22]
Originally Posted By gman82001:
For the guys running on wells what size genny are you needing I've got a small champion 2000 and will probably be grabbing a 2nd so we can use the ac in the camper. But next spring we're going to be moving into a new home on acreage and it's well and septic and I'd like to have a genny capable of using the well as needed if we were to lose power. 
View Quote
My Champion 3500 runs our 1hp deep well pump with room to spare It pulls about 9 amps at 230v according to the specs....probably a bit more at startup.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 5:10:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoseCuervo] [#23]
Originally Posted By MRW:
Im having a bit of trouble with my new HF 2000. I'm running it today for the second 8 hours and it quit after 4 hours. Still has over half a tank of gas. The load is about 400 watts. When I try to restart it takes about 10 hard pulls to get it to catch, and then it dies after 2 seconds. It's full of oil.  Any thought?
its sitting on the porch under a bit of cover and it rained here a half hour ago. If it got wet, would that cause the trouble?
View Quote
Is the fuel cap vent open?

ETA: If warm restarting, start it in run not start as it generally doesn't need choking. 
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 5:43:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: itstock] [#24]
an even lower price?
a clone of a clone for the duromax on ebay for $330 and free shipping and no tax(?)?

Quip-All 2,200 Watt Gas Portable Inverter Generator (CARB) 2200I

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quip-All-2-200-Watt-Gas-Portable-Inverter-Generator-CARB-2200I-New-/282606848712

apparently from this company near Atlanta:
http://www.cpooutlets.com/quip-all-2200i-2-200-watt-gas-portable-inverter-generator--carb-/qpln2200i,default,pd.html

who collects tax in (if purchasing direct from them I guess):
California, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi and Tennessee
View All Quotes

I'm seriously considering ordering one of those too, since it looks like its a clone of the Predator... $359 with free shipping and no taxes.... that kicks the shit out of the HF deal for the same Gen.
Sale ends tomorrow.
an even lower price?
a clone of a clone for the duromax on ebay for $330 and free shipping and no tax(?)?

Quip-All 2,200 Watt Gas Portable Inverter Generator (CARB) 2200I

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quip-All-2-200-Watt-Gas-Portable-Inverter-Generator-CARB-2200I-New-/282606848712

apparently from this company near Atlanta:
http://www.cpooutlets.com/quip-all-2200i-2-200-watt-gas-portable-inverter-generator--carb-/qpln2200i,default,pd.html

who collects tax in (if purchasing direct from them I guess):
California, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi and Tennessee
I bought a Quip-all to put on one of the work trucks.  CPO is legit to deal with, excellent company.  I buy a lot of tools from their CPO stores and on the handful of occasions that I have had problems, it was a no questions asked policy.  For $6.99, I also added a 1 year protection plan.    I NEVER buy them, but it's $7.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By miker84:

My Champion 3500 runs our 1hp deep well pump with room to spare It pulls about 9 amps at 230v according to the specs....probably a bit more at startup.
View Quote
Awesome thanks I'll know more as the building process goes on like pump size and what not but figured the more info I ha em the better 
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Im having a bit of trouble with my new HF 2000. I'm running it today for the second 8 hours and it quit after 4 hours. Still has over half a tank of gas. The load is about 400 watts. When I try to restart it takes about 10 hard pulls to get it to catch, and then it dies after 2 seconds. It's full of oil.  Any thought?
its sitting on the porch under a bit of cover and it rained here a half hour ago. If it got wet, would that cause the trouble?
Yep - Speaking from personal experience, that's a very common noob mistake.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuel cap was properly open. And yes, restart on RUN not START
View Quote
And Eco-mode was off?....:-)
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Fuel cap was properly open. And yes, restart on RUN not START
View Quote
At this point I would just drain the fuel and return it for a replacement. You don't want to depend on "questionable" equipment.

I hadn't planned on running mine just yet, but I think I will just to make sure it works as it should while within the 90 days standard return policy.

Keep us posted on how things pan out, I have been loving the generator threads lately. Kind of a hobby it appears..

Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes, eco is off. 
View Quote
Do you normally run electrical equipment where it can get wet?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:
If I get one of the 2000 watt models, it is going to be the Champion.  Excellent customer service reputation, 3 year warranty, 1700 (vs 1600) running watts for less than $100 more than the HF makes it a better deal IMO.

I'm still leaning towards a more powerful one, but I can't do an interlock (no extra breakers) and my wife doesn't want me to do a suicide cord.  Since I'm stuck with using extension cords, I'm not sure that a larger one will provide much of a benefit.

Of coarse I was talking to one of my neighbors last night, and he showed me his 15 year old Honda 2500 generator.  He says that he fires it up once a year and it starts on the first pull and purs like a kitten.  He ran 2 refrigerators, a toaster, coffee maker, chargers and box fan on it last week during Irma.  I kind of took it as a sign to go buy the Honda...
View Quote
@frankiebagadonuts

If your breaker box is full, could you install a couple of double breakers to make more room?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:50:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Igloo87] [#33]
Yes, eco is off. 
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drmgallen:

And Eco-mode was off?....:-)
Yes, eco is off. 
Mine did that after it ran out of gas after running for over 16 hours.  I put more gas into to restart it so I could warm up the oil to change it.  It would not start.  I tried everything to get it to start.

I took it in the garage and changed the oil.  Took it back out side and it started on the second pull.

I left the same genny outside last night.  In the morning it was 24 degrees outside when I went to see if it would start.  Started on the first pull...

I have no idea...
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
@frankiebagadonuts

If your breaker box is full, could you install a couple of double breakers to make more room?
View Quote
Only if the breaker panel allows it.
My SquareD does not accept dual breakers. But the single breakers are set up to take two wires.
So I swapped some 15A lighting breakers to 20A and combined them into one breaker.  
All of the wiring in my house for the 15A circuits is 12AWG so I can do this safely.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Mine did that after it ran out of gas after running for over 16 hours.  I put more gas into to restart it so I could warm up the oil to change it.  It would not start.  I tried everything to get it to start.

I took it in the garage and changed the oil.  Took it back out side and it started on the second pull.

I left the same genny outside last night.  In the morning it was 24 degrees outside when I went to see if it would start.  Started on the first pull...

I have no idea...
View Quote
A sticky low oil cutoff switch can cause that.

Typically, you can "bypass" it by temporarily unplugging the wire to it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:51:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Andielouroo] [#36]
Breaking in my new predator with movie night in the backyard.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By feedmyAR:
Champion generators have been distributed by Costco for years, with their *forever* money back guarantee to club members you wont keep a product on their shelves for 90 days without tier one customer service to everyone, even the most difficult of personalities.

Sorry the big mean CS rep at Champion singled you out of thousands of happy owners to take a giant shit on you there snowflake.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jefflebowski:

They wouldn’t help me on a one year old unit.
Champion generators have been distributed by Costco for years, with their *forever* money back guarantee to club members you wont keep a product on their shelves for 90 days without tier one customer service to everyone, even the most difficult of personalities.

Sorry the big mean CS rep at Champion singled you out of thousands of happy owners to take a giant shit on you there snowflake.
Ok brainchild, please show me where the fuck I said “Costco.” I’ll wait.  I spent a couple hours on the phone with your much beloved and oh so adored Champion, I ended up fixing my problem myself with the help of this forum.  I have no idea where you got the Costco thing, nor do I understand your condescending tone.  I like my Champion now that I fixed it and I’m telling the truth.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:11:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Igloo87] [#38]
Originally Posted By Skibane:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skibane:

I have no idea...

"They" are running fine now...They always had oil in them...I am still impressed that one generator was able to power my 15Amp Circular saw....

Anyways...I am trying to find the article about how this engine has a good steel cylinder liner, and hardened rocker arms and valves...Just like the Yamahammer...solid copper windings in the inverter.....
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:49:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Is there a parallel kit out for the HF 3500 yet?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:57:51 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
Build one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:11:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Desert_AIP:
Build one.
View All Quotes
Build one.
Along those lines, who willing to sacrifice a 3 or 4 of their HF generators and follow the advice of a couple of Burning man fans to parallel more than 2 of the inverter generators ?

https://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?p=258776&highlight=&sid=e963b9f0a5f57c826fa32531816f671c
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:12:14 AM EDT
[#42]

Ok brainchild, please show me where the fuck I said “Costco.” I’ll wait.  I spent a couple hours on the phone with your much beloved and oh so adored Champion, I ended up fixing my problem myself with the help of this forum.  I have no idea where you got the Costco thing, nor do I understand your condescending tone.  I like my Champion now that I fixed it and I’m telling the truth.
View Quote
You never mentioned them, I used their years of continued success with Champion products to illustrate that they don't treat customers the way you say they do, reading comprehension is fundamental brainchild. They'd go bankrupt distributing a product that long with vendor service as you described.  

You can swing your butt hurt purse all you like but no one that's dealt with that company would believe your BS. Or in other words, go be an asshole somewhere else that company stands behind their product and their customers and you reaped what you sewed with them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:14:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Any opinions on this: Sportsman 2800 / 3000 $ 429 ?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:23:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Fired up my Predator tonight...ran great !  I will put a few more hours on it tomorrow and then change the oil and press on with the break in process.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:26:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Well, this thread convinced me to give the HF Predator 2000 a try.  I had been wanting a Honda, but the price is just so high.  I had the coupon for the Predator 2000 for $399 so I stopped by HF today, half expecting them to be out of stock...  It went something like this:

Me: <looking around the store>
Employee: "Can I help you find something?"
Me: I'm looking for a generator, but it looks like you're out of stock.
Employee: The quiet one?
Me: Yes, the 2000.
Employee: Let me check the back. <goes away for a few minutes>  We're out of stock.  Do you want me to check the other HF?
Me: There's another HF?
Employee: Yes, it went in about 6 months ago the next town over.
Me: Sure
Employee: <disappears for a few minutes> Looks like they have four in stock.
Me: <Rushes to next town 20 minutes away>

I haven't had time to open the box yet, but I'm excited to try it out!
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:34:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Fired up my Predator tonight...ran great !  I will put a few more hours on it tomorrow and then change the oil and press on with the break in process.
View Quote
Did the same with mine. Ran awesome for the few hours I had it going and it's really quiet. I'll change the oil soon and see how it looks. Very impressed for the money. 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#47]
You never mentioned them, I used their years of continued success with Champion products to illustrate that they don't treat customers the way you say they do, reading comprehension is fundamental brainchild. They'd go bankrupt distributing a product that long with vendor service as you described.  
You can swing your butt hurt purse all you like but no one that's dealt with that company would believe your BS. Or in other words, go be an asshole somewhere else that company stands behind their product and their customers and you reaped what you sewed with them.
View All Quotes
So how long have you worked for Champion?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Got in at 399$. What oil are you all running for warm climate (FL)
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Sew, emotional attachment much?  
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Build one.
View All Quotes
Build one.
https://t.harborfreight.com/RV-Ready-Parallel-Kit-62564.html
Page / 107
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top