Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Lowes Military discount, pays our 9.87% tax plus some fuck The orange box store
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lowes does not have the Ego 56V string trimmer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know. I always considered Home Depot to be the Wal Mart of home improvement stores.  Lowes has all the same shit but with less felons and illegals  shopping

Lowes does not have the Ego 56V string trimmer.
Ego, is that a
Electric string trimmer for the metro's?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm done with Home Depot, their return policy sucks. Was refused a refund to my credit card because they said I had brought in too many items for exchange or credit. No warning , no nothing. It was a 50 miles round-trip and even had the receipt. Fuk Home Depot.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]
OP is not wrong.

Having worked at both establishments, I was amazed at Lowe’s desire to keep things visually pleasing.

Bagged goods in outside garden would be pulled and marked for a loss if the labels were faded. I asked why we were zeroing them out of the inventory and was told, “Our shoppers expect a fresh and pleasing looking product.”

IT’S FERTILIZER!!!

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Both suck ! In VA , MD and WV . All you will find is overweight moms who cant answer any questions and dont know anything about a trade ! 20years ago homedepot was awesome .  I find more knowledgeable, helpfull and happy people at Ace
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#6]
It’s a true statement. I’ve worked for both companies. HD’s strategy was to focus mostly on contractors, which is mostly men. Lowe’s said they were focused on the matriarch of the family as most big home improvement decisions are made by them.

Just two different marketing strategies.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a lot closer to drive to Lowe's.
Almost an extra hour in driving.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#8]
HD is like Blackthorne. To often they sell shit.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:  Lowes has all the same shit but with less felons and illegals  shopping
View Quote

This, HD is my last resort.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#10]
OP is either 16 or super insecure.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#11]
For those that don't agree with my factual statement, think about this: HD sells individual sockets and bits; Lowe's sells them in sets. That's just one of many examples.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For those that don't agree with my factual statement, think about this: HD sells individual sockets and bits; Lowe's sells them in sets. That's just one of many examples.
View Quote

The only reason you would need an individual socket or bit is if you 1) lost it or 2) broke it because you used it wrong.

Neither seem particularly manly.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Both carry cheap-ass Made in China crap for 90% of items.

Same with Tru-Value.

I’ve started buying tools & drill bits online if I can find “Made in America.”

‘Cause, ‘Murca!
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Prove me wrong.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh look, another "prove me wrong thread."
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I like Home Depot far more than Lowes but I go to Lowes about 70% of the time because my Lowes is 2.5 miles from the house and HD is 9+.  If I'm gonna buy a lot of stuff for a project I'll make the trek to HD, if I need a PVC fitting I'll go to Lowes.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Normally I'd agree with you, but with all this wuflu crap, I've given up on HD.  They don't give a crap about contractors, while Lowes is going out of the way to help people that need supplies to make a living.
View Quote

This.  And Fuck Menards mask requirement too.

I'll be giving my business to Lowes from now on.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Home Depot = Walmart

Lowes = Target
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

We aren't in high school anymore.
I know I am wasting my time saying knock off silly shit in GD, but knock off the silly shit or no chicken tenders for you!
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve never been into Lowe’s
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe this varies by region, but Lowes sucks. Constant inventory shortages and limited selection. My Lowes ran out of pressure treated lumber. How the fuck does that even happen?

Plus they are pushing the new Craftsman junk hard.

Home Depot has been solid, with none of these issues.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I can't find shit in Home Depot.  Lowe's is laid out better for me.  Same with shopping at Ingles versus other grocery stores.  I can always find what I need.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#23]
It's amazing what people will grasp at or cling to.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I use both depending on what I want, I find the HD store here has very narrow isles and not much room to move around.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The one they both offer, you mean?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That veteran discount tho...

The one they both offer, you mean?

The one that Lowe's allows you to use for store pick up and home delivery, but Home Depot requires you make a production of asking for it each time, and only allows for when buying in store?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Lowe's let as many people in as they wanted during the shutdown.

HD limited hours and numbers of people entering the store.

How do you explain that?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The only reason you would need an individual socket or bit is if you 1) lost it or 2) broke it because you used it wrong.

Neither seem particularly manly.
View Quote
Or because I'm working on something that requires a 10mm hex bit and I don't feel like paying three times the amount for a complete set.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Torn.

Lowes has Husqvarna stuff.

Home Deportation has Milwaukie, Ridgid, Ryobi, and Ego
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Real men go to their local mom and pop building supply store.
View Quote

This is true.   But, around here lowes is the contractor place and the new HD is a bunch of fag face mask wearers and have higher prices.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
OPNI. And Ace Hardware is for retired boomers who have all day to do whatever.
View Quote
And want to pay 22% more for the same thing you can find elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Local HD is kind of a shithole.  Too many shady-looking "contractors", way understaffed, generally messy.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lowes does too.  They're bagged and in pull out drawers in the tool dept.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Menards is my go to, despite their mask bullshit.
View Quote

They don't make you wear masks at my local menards.  (ND)
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Both suck about equally, but they at least have ample locations and decent hours for the DIYer or even pros working an emergency job on the weekend - something that can't be said for supply houses, lumber yards, and some independent stores. I find that I usually end up going to both stores anyways since something I need is usually out of stock at at least one store. More annoyingly, the web sites often show things in stock that you can't find when you get there, though some of that is because the ridiculously high theft that happens at those stores, especially for small items like plumbing fittings.

One big difference between them: Home Depot seems to have the better web site. The search function on the Lowe's site is terrible. Functional web sites are important especially when the employees are poorly  trained on what they sell, which is an issue at both places.

The customer base between the two seems to reflects more on the area than the store itself.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#35]
IDC, I go to whichever one has the best price and is the shortest drive.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#36]
In Florida Lowe's speaks English. Home Depot doesn't.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was at Home Depot and asked the tool guy (an older white guy, probably early 60s) if they had those drill bits for making large holes. He insisted no such thing existed.

I found a set on the Lowe's website and they were delivered to my front door three days later.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Prove me wrong.
View Quote
That's because Lowes is placed near Karen's neighborhoods. While Home Depot isnt.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Lowe's wins.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That's because Lowes is placed near Karen's neighborhoods. While Home Depot isnt.
View Quote

Negative around here.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Fuck Fag Depot.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Meh.  Lowes is 10x closer to my house.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lowes here sells individual sockets, wrenches, and bits.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Both Lowes and HomeDepot.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Fact: I live 1.5 miles from Lowes. Yesterday I needed some stuff from the hardware store and I drove to a home depot about 10 miles away.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I was at Home Depot and asked the tool guy (an older white guy, probably early 60s) if they had those drill bits for making large holes. He insisted no such thing existed.

I found a set on the Lowe's website and they were delivered to my front door three days later.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A guy in the tool department was wrong, therefore women shop at the store where the guy was wrong.

Holy fuck what a bunch of girls. No wonder antifa runs wild in the streets. College kids confused on whether their buttholes are vaginas or their penises are feminine are burning our cities down, and we're talking about the manliness of home depot.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Prove me wrong.
View Quote
truth
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#48]
This is actually factually correct.  

Lowe's basically became what they are today when they purchased Eagle Hardware. Prior to that Home Depot had been basically kicking their ass in every market. They bought Eagle because Eagle was kicking Home Depot's ass in every market -- including a few locations in which Home Depot built specialized stores in an effort to take out Eagle.

Lowe's wanted those stores, the racetrack store layouts Eagle had pioneered, the computer systems, and the business model. One of the critical factors in Eagle's success -- and one of the few things that Lowe's actually managed to take away from the merger (other than locations, mega box stores, and expert staff) was women are actually the ones making the final home improvement purchase decisions. Eagle built stores and layouts (and trained expert employees) specifically to target women and make it easy and fun for them to shop.

With the racetrack layout a woman could enter the big box store, make a lap, and see every department. The race track was lined with product displays showcasing the products in home environments -- complete down to high end decore. The stores offered everything from lower end Home Depot level products all the way up to the most expensive brands on the market -- all depending on the location of the individual store. Store employees were actually trained in their departments and the products that they sold. They could instruct the customers in exactly how to do the job or at least use the product properly -- and they were encouraged to try and help.

A woman could go into an Eagle with nothing more than an idea for a home improvement, and they had staff that would help design and build the entire project all the way through to providing plans and contractors to complete the job properly.

Eagle's entire business model was based around customer service. Items were ALWAYS in stock (a big deal to them), the stores were wide open and easy to navigate, and they had helpful trained staff waiting to wisk a woman through the entire process. And women loved it.

Lowe's wanted to buy that success, but they didn't understand what made the model actually work and most of it has been forgotten.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OP is either 16 or super insecure.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Why would anyone care? Go to the closest one that has what you need. Lowes is 2 blocks from me, the nearest Home Depot is 7 miles. Even Ace is closer to me than HD. If Lowe's doesn't have something I need then it's over to Ace which at least is in the same direction from my house as Lowes.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top