Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That same majority was satisfied with their minivan though, so there's that.  
View Quote
Grew up on a farm/ranch....hauling trailers full of cattle or grain.

Best vehicle ever made for hauling a family....the minivan
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
My 2019 has 23,000 miles on it now.

By far favorite vehicle I've owned.

It does everything I need it for (and more.)

Only gripes:

Gas milage is a bit low.  The dash says it gets 24-6 every highway tank, but doing the math on miles driven to gas to fill shows that is full of crap.  I average around 22mpg in actuality.

I had to get a new hood for a known issue with flutter.

A fuel pump cover had to be installed for a recall issue.

The cruise control (on normal mode) is sometimes as much as +/-2 mph which is annoying as all hell.

No Air Conditioned seats.

Intended to buy the Tacoma, but hated driving it.  I test drove three different ones, but the seat position sucks for me and hated how they drove.

The only one I didn't try out was the Ranger because it hadn't been released yet.   Impressive numbers, but I actually think the Ridgy looks better.   Also, I think they overpriced the Ranger, when the F150 is so close.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thoughts ...............don't need a full size truck so...... Toyota owner now
View Quote
Then a car like those ridgeline things should work well...
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
OMG, how do you put up with that?
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 9:48:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The minivan is MORE practical than the Ridgeline, that's just a fact.  Either get the van, or get a truck, but if you get the "truck", you're only getting it to say you have a "truck".  Anything you could put in the back of the Ridgeline or tow with, you can do with a mini van.  Accept it or dont, I truly don't care, even if that means I'm a mouth breathing knuckle dragger.  
View Quote
Dumbest post ever...

I have a Honda Odyssey and a Honda Ridgeline.

I've put a washer and dryer, dirt bike, and 14 bags of mulch with several concrete blocks in the back of my Ridgeline.

When my buddies 2017 Ram was in the shop for the 4th or 5th time (I've lost count), I helped him bring home a trailer and move several large items. He no longer has anything to say about my Ridgeline because at least my Ridgeline runs...

Please post videos of you doing any of that in a minivan and more importantly, post videos of you doing any of that without removing the pain in the ass kids seats that are in the Odyssey or messing up the interior... I'll wait...
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#6]
My 07 has about 150k miles and nothing big has broken. I take it on elk hunts in the mountains north of Ellensburg WA, but won’t push my luck. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you never had them?   Do you enjoy swass?

In general, people buy a Ridgeline for the better driver experience than other midsize trucks.  AC seats are almost standard on 40k vehicles now.  The Ridgeline should have had them as an option.   I THINK the 2020 was supposed to have that option now.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would buy a Ridgeline but I really need something that gets a lot better fuel mileage.
View Quote
Gas mileage is really the only thing I don't like about my Ridgeline.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#9]
My God, these things cause some serious butthurt with big truck drivers.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Go drive one.

If you don't like push-button transmissions, get a '19.  They're changing them over to the push button trans with engine shut-off in '20.
View Quote
Two of the most retarded features ever to be introduced in the automotive industry.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My 2019 has 23,000 miles on it now.

By far favorite vehicle I've owned.

It does everything I need it for (and more.)

Only gripes:

Gas milage is a bit low.  The dash says it gets 24-6 every highway tank, but doing the math on miles driven to gas to fill shows that is full of crap.  I average around 22mpg in actuality.

I had to get a new hood for a known issue with flutter.

A fuel pump cover had to be installed for a recall issue.

The cruise control (on normal mode) is sometimes as much as +/-2 mph which is annoying as all hell.

Intended to buy the Tacoma, but hated driving it.  I test drove three different ones, but the seat position sucks for me and hated how they drove.

The only one I didn't try out was the Ranger because it hadn't been released yet.   Impressive numbers, but I actually think the Ridgy looks better.   Also, I think they overpriced the Ranger, when the F150 is so close.
View Quote
If you are comparing MSRP, then yes, the Ranger is close to the F-150. With incentives and rebates, I paid $29k for my very well equipped XLT FX4 which was $13k off MSRP.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Absolutely zero options vs Honda standard electronic goodies.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Put 220k on my 2011 RL. Sold it and bought a 2017. It does exactly what I need it to do.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:38:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Your wife will enjoy it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Your wife will enjoy it.
View Quote
She actually does. Wouldn't you know it if that wasn't one of my decision criteria. It drives so similarly to her CRV that she is perfectly comfortable driving it, so now on inclement weather days I send her to work in the Ridgeline and I take the Tundra.

You guys keep saying these things like they are supposed to be a detraction.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks ridge line owner, I’ll get right on that

You all enjoy your ridgelines, I’ll stick with my original advice to OP.
View Quote
I don't have a Ridgeline.

I don't have a minivan, either.

You do you, though.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
These threads always go well. I say go for it. The Ridgeline is more "truck" than most people need nowadays, while being a pretty comfortable and more affordable daily driver.
View Quote
How much “truck” is it that most people need?  No transfer case, shitty towing capabilities, no 4wd, no real off road capabilities.  What “truck things” does it do?
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My God, these things cause some serious butthurt with big truck drivers.
View Quote
LOLOLOL  YES yes they do!!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It beats a lot of other similar sized trucks in head to head comparisons.  Wont beat much off road though.  Very nice and comfortable ride.

Its basically a Pilot with a bed...and the Pilot is quite nice.

I think it looks good too.  Better than the previous model.  I say go for it.  Coworker has one and I envy the trunk.
View Quote
My stepdad has one. Bought a new Tacoma and hated it. When I saw the trunk I told him that would be awesome for a keg. He’s been sober for 30 plus years
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Again, I'm talking less numbers and more feel/real world capabilites. FWD based anything always sucks for towing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shits and giggles i looked up the stats. The truck can tow 1500 pounds more.
Again, I'm talking less numbers and more feel/real world capabilites. FWD based anything always sucks for towing.
You do know that when towing the Ridgeline goes into AWD so it is not just FWD while towing...
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My 07 has about 150k miles and nothing big has broken. I take it on elk hunts in the mountains north of Ellensburg WA, but won't push my luck. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7207/F5FC4970-7335-4B92-A1D9-9C2170D50967_jpeg-1209983.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7207/04CB4CFD-6C5D-455F-9F00-D2B672612958_jpeg-1209986.JPG
View Quote
Ah Ellensburg....CWU grad here...miss that place
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:32:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:40:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Everyone here hauls 15k daily for their 7 figure job. I suggest you find another source for gathering data.
View Quote
True.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:46:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a Tundra but would seriously consider a Ridgeline if they offered like an extended cab version or something with more bed space.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:15:52 AM EDT
[#25]
A Ridgeline will do 95% of the stuff a tacoma will, only with more comfort and WAY better mpg.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:18:43 AM EDT
[#26]
LOLOLOLOL

Which one will still be running in good condition in ten years?

And I say that as a recent FCA buyer.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:46:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:49:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Ridgeline = 21st Century El Camino without the V8.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:56:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Get your Honda if you want.  All those F150s and F250s will be in the junk yard while yours is rolling.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:34:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ridgeline = 21st Century El Camino without the V8.
View Quote
This is a fairly good analogy but the Ridgeline is much more robust. I think the last year of the El Camino was around 1984/85. I would be surprised if the 1985 V-8 in the El Camino put out 268 HP  like the V-6 in the Ridgeline.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:38:43 AM EDT
[#31]
New Ridgeline looks like complete ass.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:09:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
New Ridgeline looks like complete ass.
View Quote
Yeah the old style looked more butch.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:22:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The minivan is MORE practical than the Ridgeline, that's just a fact.  Either get the van, or get a truck, but if you get the "truck", you're only getting it to say you have a "truck".  Anything you could put in the back of the Ridgeline or tow with, you can do with a mini van.  Accept it or dont, I truly don't care, even if that means I'm a mouth breathing knuckle dragger.  
View Quote
How difficult is it to load a dirt bike in an Odyssey?  I’ve seen Ridgelines hauling dirt bikes w/o a trailer.....
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:25:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I am asking you what this does over a mini van...and by definition, it is not a truck
View Quote
Define “truck”.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:28:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Except for better ride, better day-to-day livability, nicer interior, locking trunk-in-bed, side-or-down swinging tailgate, in-bed audio system, etc.

If you're not planning on off-roading or towing/hauling extremely heavy loads, the Ridgeline is a sensible choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not about a man card, it's about what you get for the money when you DON'T include emotion. There is nothing worthwhile or noteworthy about a Ridgeline.
Except for better ride, better day-to-day livability, nicer interior, locking trunk-in-bed, side-or-down swinging tailgate, in-bed audio system, etc.

If you're not planning on off-roading or towing/hauling extremely heavy loads, the Ridgeline is a sensible choice.
Yep.  I found the Ridgeline very comfortable when I test drove one for the hell of it. The price for one is pretty reasonable, as well.

That said, the Ridgeline is a compromise.  The truck guy in me says it can't do any serious off roading, won't tow a 10000 lb trailer, and has a smallish bed and low payload.  The car guy in me says, slow, thirsty, and relatively shitty handling.

This is why I own both a car and truck.  I don't like compromise

And yes...  The truck guys will be snickering at you for owning one, including me.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:33:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How difficult is it to load a dirt bike in an Odyssey?  I’ve seen Ridgelines hauling dirt bikes w/o a trailer.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've crammed two dirt bikes in my old Dodge Caravan.  Removed the rear seats completely, which made for a huge cargo area.

I wouldn't want to do that with a nice minivan, though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was in the same boat and bought a new Ranger last week and love it. It has plenty of power, room, 4WD, 7500lb towing and nicely optioned. With all the rebates and incentives, it was a very good deal. The Ridgelines just look horrible to me.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358028/61271007-242A-4188-B847-EE02CA9F7D34-1201646.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358028/CBEF9A6A-D5C5-421D-9DF8-F86EA083EBEF-1201645.jpg
View Quote
The new Ranger looks very similar to the Ridgeline.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is a fairly good analogy but the Ridgeline is much more robust. I think the last year of the El Camino was around 1984/85. I would be surprised if the 1985 V-8 in the El Camino put out 268 HP  like the V-6 in the Ridgeline.
View Quote
Well like just like almost every other V8 of the time period, probably about 180-200 HP. Stock V8s sucked after the early 70's.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:06:26 AM EDT
[#39]
One more complaint...

The bed is pretty damn shallow.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:38:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Get your Honda if you want.  All those F150s and F250s will be in the junk yard while yours is rolling.
View Quote
Yet I rarely see 1st Gen Ridgelines driving around.

Tacomas on the other hand...
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Gross.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#43]
I’d never get a ridge line but you folks that say you can hit the rates tow capacity of an F150 or Ranger....hook 7,500 to the Ranger or 11,000 to the F150, it’s no damn fun.

I tow 5-7,000 pounds everyday with an F150 and it ducks because of how big the F150 isn’t, I need a an F250.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#44]
My 06 had almost 300,000 still a great truck. I gave  it away to a family in need. So crucify me for owning one.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
How many did they sell of each again?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot less Ridgelines. Still, I rarely, if ever, see a first gen driving around.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
A lot less Ridgelines. Still, I rarely, if ever, see a first gen driving around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe we should give the average human more credit than we have been?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I see tons of gen 1 and 2 around
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not up here in salt country. Must be that Odyssey minivan build quality isn't what some here claim it is.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top