[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I will need to save that, I think.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Ok, serious question(s).

What do use brush with to get those pearly whites to glisten in the sun like that? Do you floss and use mouth wash as well?
View Quote
Reported as a personal attack.

Dental hygiene  is not a joke.

@joker581.

You are the only guy giving me warnings so why do you allow 40xb to be so harsh?
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I arrived almost 5 hours ago.
View Quote
I never get invitations to the good parties.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@joker581.

You are the only guy giving me warnings so why do you allow 40xb to be so harsh?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, serious question(s).

What do use brush with to get those pearly whites to glisten in the sun like that? Do you floss and use mouth wash as well?

@joker581.

It's all those SEALs you hang out with. Stealing their mouthwash and dental treatments.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Which doesn't show anything about how Litz handles gravity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83091/2018-11-22_13_26_42_jpg-747458.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83091/2018-11-22_13_25_34_jpg-747459.JPG

Note the flight time, the less dense air makes for less velocity  loss, less velocity loss makes for shorter flight time, shorter flight time means gravity pulls the bullet down over a shorter period therefore less drop over a given distance.

The station pressure at 10k is 20.58 in/hg, 29.92 in/hg at sea level all other atmospherics are unchanged in the above.
Which doesn't show anything about how Litz handles gravity.
The difference is inconsiquential and too little to worry about. A 0.1% change is not worth worrying about, maybe an inch on 600" drop
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you even physics? Acceleration due to gravity is a constant.
View Quote
The further one goes from the surface of the earth, the less the effect of gravity but at terrestrial altitudes the effect on acceleration due to gravity is negligable.

The effect of the reduced the air resistance on a projectle however, is not.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@joker581.

View Quote
He should be setting an example, but nooo, the guy with dental plan has to bring teeth into it...
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He should be setting an example, but nooo, the guy with dental plan has to bring teeth into it...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@joker581.

Example has been set.

Guess again?

LOL.

Not helping.

That said look at that retards teeth shine.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 9:02:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He means above bore axis. They never rise above the axis of the bore. Period.
View Quote
I have seen enough youtube gun reviews to know that you are wrong.
It is "bore access", evidently.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 9:12:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
... this thread is a complete waste of bandwidth. There's almost zero value in it
View Quote
We haven’t even begun to talk about Fibonacci sequencers on higher end scopes. It was Groucho Marx greatest contribution to shooting sports.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
While 10,000 feet makes no difference on ballistics as far as gravity is concerned it makes you wonder about the ballistics in zero g.

If you shoot a bullet in space would it have a flat trajectory?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Note to self; Never let @40xb get his photoshopping mitts on my picture!
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:39:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
And another thing-the Earth has a rotational speed at the equater of about 1,000 mph.

So if you climb to the top of a really high mountain you will be flung into space by centrifugal force.

That's why nobody lives on top of those mountains even though the street value of all that pure snow must be incredible.
View Quote
Relative to what?
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:07:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a geologist, so I actually know something about this.

There is a tiny bit less gravitational attraction at altitude. More importantly, there is some difference in the gravitational constant from place to place, independent of altitude, having to do with the density of the country rock and what is happening with tectonic plate/plates beneath your location.

In other words, there is very, very little (read: almost nil) difference between shooting at altitude due to gravitational effects over shooting at sea level. I suspect the reduced air pressure is far more influential than the reduced gravity.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:18:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I see a lot of bullet drop compensation computations but cant recall seeing a bullet rise computation.

With gravity being less effective at really high altitudes above sea level (10k' or more), I would think that we should have a book to help shooters account for this.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:24:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
... this thread is a complete waste of bandwidth. There's almost zero value in it
View Quote
There's plenty of value in entertainment
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:28:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's all those SEALs you hang out with. Stealing their mouthwash and dental treatments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, serious question(s).

@joker581.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 5:41:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Relative to what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And another thing-the Earth has a rotational speed at the equater of about 1,000 mph.

So if you climb to the top of a really high mountain you will be flung into space by centrifugal force.

That's why nobody lives on top of those mountains even though the street value of all that pure snow must be incredible.
Relative to what?
The Earth spins on an axis.  This axial rotation relative to the Sun is what creates the day and night seasons.

A side note is that the Sun's gravity attracts objects on the Earth.  So during the "day", most notably when the Sun is directly overhead, everything on the surface of the Earth is pulled towards the Sun.  We call this direction "up".  Ever shoot at a distant target and not hit it?  Have no idea where the shot went?  Yep, that's right, it's on it's way to the Sun.

This little-known fact is great news for dieters.  Simply weighing onesself in the middle of the day can take several pounds off.

Isn't gravity great?  People don't think it be like it be but it do.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
but less dense air and other factors. They fall at the same rate yes and they don't "rise" if shot horizontal. However, if a bullet has thinner and other factors it will have a "flatter" trajectory.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What happens in real life does not always correlate to what the guy in the wheelchair tells us it is
View Quote
Are you a Democrat?

"Science is really important! Unless I disagree with it!"
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Does higher humidity increase or decrease air density?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if this isn't a parody thread, the Hornady 4dof ballistic calculator takes into account altitude

https://www.hornady.com/team-hornady/ballistic-calculators/#
Because of air density.

To calculate trajectory, you need to know elevation and temperature. On a hot, dry day in AZ, a bullet will hit higher than on a cold day. Density altitude is a real thing, and if you fly a small plane, you know all about it.  Thin air vs thick air.
But if it’s raining it lubricates the bullet, reducing the coefficient of friction, and it accelerates.
Does higher humidity increase or decrease air density?
Increase because if it was all the way humid you’d be underwater.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
OPs not lying, guys, haven’t y’all seen this chart??

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/293861/EE40D193-4421-479D-9D15-286275D94091_png-747230.JPG
View Quote
Yes, in Basic Training. The stupid sergeant drew a similar diagram on the blackboard to illustrate 'bullet rise' with an angle break at the muzzle. Even at the age of 20 and never having fired a real gun, I knew better than that. And they wonder why soldiers generally can't hit shit. As already stated, the bullet is always falling from the centerline of the bore extended except in absolute vertical shooting where it theoretically tracks the bore centerline all the way up and all the way down.
Shooting in mountainous country, your shot will be many times more affected by the angle of the bore to the horizontal than by any other factor. Shooting up and down hills is an art that requires study and practice. There might be ballistic charts for this in certain hunting rifle calibers but essentially you can miss by a mile if you don't have a pretty good idea of what you're doing.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why are you a fool?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see a lot of bullet drop compensation computations but cant recall seeing a bullet rise computation.

With gravity being less effective at really high altitudes above sea level (10k' or more), I would think that we should have a book to help shooters account for this.
Why are you a fool?
Pipe down with the personal attacks please.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why are you a fool?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you a fool?
So i guess you cant help with my bullet rise data sheet.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you a fool?
Help us help you.  What in hell are you even talking about?
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#37]
The gravity effect is negligible. At 10,000 kilometers, it's a little over 0.3%.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#38]
It is clear from this thread that GD doesnt understand how gravity works.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It is clear from this thread that GD doesnt understand how gravity anything works.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can’t help you out with your dope sheet but I will say you’ve helped me out s BUNCH!

I just know that after all the holidays I’m going to want to lose weight. In the past I’ve never been as successful as I’d like so thanks to you & this thread I now know exactly how to proceed.

I’m going to start the ‘diet’ at the seafood buffet at The Shepherd on Clearwater Beach FL, then get my stating weight.  I’ll then eat my way towards Pikes Peak Co where I’ll get my finish weight.

Quick snack after & then look forward to a year knowing I’ve lost weight!
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Dumbass troll thread.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
While 10,000 feet makes no difference on ballistics as far as gravity is concerned it makes you wonder about the ballistics in zero g.

View Quote
Yes, gravity disappears in space. That is why the planets don’t just fall into the sun.

I love these threads, I learn so much they never taught me in physics.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Astronauts experience 90% of the gravity that we do.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'd come crashing right back to earth if they weren't in free fall.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Newton's law of universal gravitation says otherwise. It is *assumed* constant at or near the earth's surface, though reality differs slightly from this assumption. Elevation does make a slight difference.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Astronauts where?  An astronaut on earth experiences 100% of the gravity that we do on earth.  An astronaut on the moon experiences about 17% of what we do.  An astronaut in the International Space Station experiences about 90% of our gravity.  If we ever land on Mars, it will be about 38% of earth's gravity.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yes, gravity disappears in space. That is why the planets don't just fall into the sun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, gravity disappears in space. That is why the planets don't just fall into the sun.

I love how you walked in here thinking how smart you are and say something completely wrong. Gravity absolutely doesn't disappear in space. The reason the planets don't go flying off into space is because of the sun's gravity.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Because the bullet's path will be some form of arc, it will intersect the line of sight on it's way to it's highest point, and again wherever it is zeroed.  If zeroed at 200 yards, it will be below the line of sight at the muzzle because of the scope's height over the bore, then it will intersect the line of sight around 25-50 yards, then it will be an inch or two high at 100 yards, and strike the line of sight at 200 yards (roughly).
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top