Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
If they don't want to be in the military, then they have no business being in it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Myself and Alexander Haig have the Whitehouse covered.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As I have gotten older and seen just how corrupt the worlds politicians are and how much they benefit from war, my son will not be going to fight for them.  

View Quote

This.  Make no mistake, had Clinton gotten elected this Ukraine War would have started around 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I’ve already fought my war.

My step son is in the Air Force, my daughter is currently in Navy boot camp, and my other step son is joining the Army when he gets old enough.

If you aren’t a leech, you serve.  Give back to the country that gives you what you have.

Or hide under a stairwell and let others fight for you.

View Quote

I agree about fighting for our country.

That's not what this thread is about.
Why should we go and die fighting for countries when we can't even spend money and time here?

American first, the rest can fuck off.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Holey-moley
Its amazing any of you survived the pandemic. If the government tells me to go to Ukraine I'm going to start working out and get ready. You're a coward if you won't do what the goverment tells you.  I bet you'd have a problem with them drafting your daughters into the military too. You guys are why our democracy is failing.
View Quote

You should've quoted Clarinath when you posted that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd have a really hard time putting my ass on the line for this current Administration.
View Quote

I'd have a hard time putting mine on the line for any of them that have been President in my lifetime, starting with Johnson and up to this very minute, except maybe Reagan, and he was far from perfect. At least I believe he cared about this country. Possibly Trump as well. The rest of them can suck my ass through a straw.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't care if TelAviv was under attack I wooden fight for the guvment.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Uh... smart?

You have me entirely fucked up if you think I'm going off to Bumfuckistan or Slovistan to fight the next round of brown (or white) people that the government say are my enemy, "because we said so."

9/11 & Afghanistan, okay. Had I been 18 when it happened I probably would've gotten my ass in shape and gone because I'd have (ignorantly) believed we were going there with the intention of WINNING. By 2008-2009? Meh. Looking at how we left? Thankful I never went.

Iraq? Meh.

Syria? Meh.

Ukraine? Meh.

Actual peer enemy who attacked us first? I wouldn't get drafted at my age/with my ailments, but I'd be about that fight, at least. I'm well past the age where I desire to play America, World Police anymore.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'll go along with this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#10]
When I took the oath, I don't remember the part where I swore I had to agree with what I was being told to do. You go where you're fucking told to go and fight who you are told to fight. If you can't live up to your word, you're not worth the paper your dishonorable discharge is written on.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Heroes. No more foreign wars or entanglements.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
When I took the oath, I don't remember the part where I swore I had to agree with what I was being told to do. You go where you're fucking told to go and fight who you are told to fight. If you can't live up to your word, you're not worth the paper your dishonorable discharge is written on.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Count me as one that would never serve the Federal Govt in military service ever again.  I have spent enough time in Iraq.  I will not support involvement in a war where all involved are corrupt and the losers are citizens in all countries involved.  Our Fed Govt can f-off.  Anyone that would refuse to obey this traitorous regime is good by my book.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There is loads of talk in the country about the Ukraine.

Many in the government and on the news want to have a war with Russia.  The propaganda is intense in order to get America involved in a shooting war.

There are many Americans who do not believe the government any more or that we should be involved in foreign wars.

If a war in the Ukraine, or any new foreign war, started and Americans who were drafted or in the military refused to fight in it how would you view them?

View Quote

It is not our battle and not our responsibility to go pick sides in a war. Stop with the ‘but if Ukrainian wins then america will…’ bullshit. That’s old logic. How bad has it been since we pulled out of the Middle East? I haven’t noticed anything different than the past 20 years.  

I would look at those people and say ‘good.  Fuck politicians picking sides and saying you have to fight for what THEY say is right. YOU pick what is right.’
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cowards and traitors.
View Quote
Send your kids to die for someone else's cause.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've already fought my war.

My step son is in the Air Force, my daughter is currently in Navy boot camp, and my other step son is joining the Army when he gets old enough.

If you aren't a leech, you serve.  Give back to the country that gives you what you have.

View Quote

Holy shit, that's retarded. What are you bumming off the country that you feel you have to "pay for?" Are you on welfare? I can't think of single damn thing I get for free that I'd have to "serve" in the military to not be a leech.

You want to go "serve" and make the fucking politicians who don't do shit for us even more rich, AND groom your kids to do the same, have at it.

I don't give a shit what goes on on the other side of the world. Those people don't pay my bills, provide for my family, or secure my future wellbeing. Why should I go fight for them? What do they do for any of us? Not a single fucking thing.

Now if you want to talk about fighting here, on our soil, where OUR families live, then let's talk about that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If they don't want to be in the military, then they have no business being in it.
View Quote
The funny thing about that whole Oath deal, is that you swear to uphold the United States Constitution, not some other country's government, or way of life.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The funny thing about that whole Oath deal, is that you swear to uphold the United States Constitution, not some other country's government, or way of life.
View Quote

Correct.  Protect and defend the United States and the U.S. Constitution.  If I am to fight again, it will be against the enemy within this nation.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cowards and traitors.

The two boys are currently in thank you.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just follow orders...right?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Welcome,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did my duty. Never again will I be a pawn so the political elites can get richer off of American lives. America has not won a war since WW2 because of  politicians not wanting to win.

Welcome,

Thanks never went online much until I retired a few months ago. Worked all the time. Found this site registered to buy two gold coins off of EE that was at a great price. By the time I got an email that worked to register, the coins had sold.

I read alot of topics but do not post very much. But thank you again.

Oh yeah..I do own ARs, SCARS and alot more. Hunt hog with a SIX8 and Trijicon IR HUNTER. Going to start reloading more and shooting again. I was lucky, bought ammo and reloading components when it was cheap and stacked it very deep.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Holy shit, that's retarded. What are you bumming off the country that you feel you have to "pay for?" Are you on welfare? I can't think of single damn thing I get for free that I'd have to "serve" in the military to not be a leech.

You want to go "serve" and make the fucking politicians who don't do shit for us even more rich, AND groom your kids to do the same, have at it.

I don't give a shit what goes on on the other side of the world. Those people don't pay my bills, provide for my family, or secure my future wellbeing. Why should I go fight for them? What do they do for any of us? Not a single fucking thing.

Now if you want to talk about fighting here, on our soil, where OUR families live, then let's talk about that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've already fought my war.

If you aren't a leech, you serve.  Give back to the country that gives you what you have.

Hey clarinath..... isnt it great the way these free spirit keyboard warriors call you a fool for doing what you said you would do when you signed up?
Thank you for serving. My respect to your family as well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#23]
If you are already in and signed up for it? Live up to your commitment and do what you said you would.

If the US started a draft to go fight Russia? Forcing people to go fight and die to boost corporate profits and maintain the "elite's" stranglehold on the world to preserve their fortunes and power. Fuck that noise, suck not just my dick but a whole bag of others too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Wise
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Follow lawful orders and live up to your word. It's really very simple. It's called honor and duty. Don't want to be in that position? Don't sign up and register as a conscientious objector.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Follow lawful orders and live up to your word. It's really very simple. It's called honor and duty. Don't want to be in that position? Don't sign up and register as a conscientious objector.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or go the Hunter Biden route and smoke crack until you fail your piss test and get discharged.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#27]
It is worth noting that we didn’t push the King’s shit back in all in our own. Fair chance that we wouldn’t be the USA without some foreign help.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It is worth noting that we didn’t push the King’s shit back in all in our own. Fair chance that we wouldn’t be the USA without some foreign help.
View Quote

I wouldn't have been born without my dad fucking my mom, doesn't mean I'm gonna fuck her too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#29]
My Dad was in WW2 .  And in Korea .  And basically in Vietnam only stateside .   He saw plenty of death . 19 year old combat medic .  North Africa , Omaha Beach , Battle of the Bulge .

i don't even know the where of Korea.  During Vietnam he dealt with the wounded coming back from overseas .

He full filled his commitment .

But he also said , " let the politicians of any and all sides fight the wars ".  Then maybe there would not be so many of them.

He saw the waste first hand .  I've seen the waste of friends and family in recent times .

Stay out of foreign wars .  To easy to get entangled .

gd
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Given the current woke levels in our military, I would say they are smart.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll fight to defend our country on our soil. Not dying for politicians. Dgaf about the draft
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Oh and

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
These threads went very differently 19-20 years ago.
View Quote

This.  Not sure about 20 years ago, but even 10 years ago GD hated draft dodgers.  Now they celebrate them.

We live in interesting times, that’s for sure.  I would never have guess “conservatives” would shift so hard.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This.  Not sure about 20 years ago, but even 10 years ago GD hated draft dodgers.  Now they celebrate them.
View Quote

What draft are you talking about?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s the hypothetical question being posed here.

Quoted:

If a war in the Ukraine, or any new foreign war, started and Americans who were drafted or in the military refused to fight in it how would you view them?

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Do whatever turns you crank.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#37]
It’s an all volunteer force, they signed up for it.

I only support a draft for defense of the homeland in the event of an existential threat to the homeland.

In that case everyone should fight.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
There is loads of talk in the country about the Ukraine.

Many in the government and on the news want to have a war with Russia.  The propaganda is intense in order to get America involved in a shooting war.

There are many Americans who do not believe the government any more or that we should be involved in foreign wars.

View Quote

Earlier in my life, I'd have viewed them as Cowards. I signed up for Selective Service and took my chances.

But I'm a lot older and wiser now and can't think of a single time in my life where the .gov told me the truth, even when it would have served them better. I'm totally against Conscription and Drafts now. If you want to fight and believe in a cause worth dying for after researching it yourself, I'll shake your hand and send you off if I'm not going myself...... But, the days of old men making wars for young men to fight with no say-so need to end. Politicians ultimately don't make war and they don't send sons off to die-parents do, families do. The greatest veto to war is refusing to participate in one you don't think is unjust and it takes an incredible amount of Courage to be the one to stand up and say "No.".
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:37:05 PM EDT
[#39]
LMFAO seems like you care more for Ukraine's (GOD bless them BUT!!!) then you do for US citizens! No I would not fight for EUROPE while are borders are being eroded and INVADED!! We should have never entered  WW1!!! Then none of this shit would have happened ! Funny how all you POS's  who care more about Ukraine then they do about the US borders!!! It's all good to send weapons and ammo to Ukraine, but not US citizens!!! FUCK THE EUROPEONSE!  LET THEM FIGHT AND PAY FOR THEIR OWN WARS!!!!!!!!!!! How many EUROPEON'S Trash  Have come to protect the US borders??? Where is the support of the EU LMFAO!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Today? I wouldn't look down upon anyone who didn't want to do that at all, especially as our own border is ignored by the fools in charge. The .gov and especially the media have burned up their credibility and it's hard for me to fault those who don't believe the narrative we are being fed. It has been constant lies over and over again to justify foreign wars and bombing people thousands of miles away, yet the same people won't do their basic job that they swore to do and fortify our own border, or even deport illegals...fuck that.

Put troops on our southern border, deport illegals, and get a wall built...our own country should be put 1st.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

And what happens when those giving the orders tell you to fight your own countrymen????
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#42]
There's this guy that wrote a book about his city a long time ago. Went by Livy I believe. While the beginning of his tale is far beyond his time and perhaps bordering on mythical, as the times he is relaying get closer to his own you get a pretty accurate picture of what was going on in the world he was describing.

I found it very interesting. For centuries various cities would march their young men out to war against the neighboring town. Year after year. In between planting and harvesting of course. Little towns. Like 10-20k and their kids were forming up and going at it all the time. When one side or another got crushed badly enough the victor would approach the walls and attempt to storm or siege (although pay was pillage, so sieges weren't like later with paid soldiers) to take the town or not. The male population or a huge portion of it would be involved in the direct defense of the city. You may laugh and say 'well of course, the fricken barbarians are literally at the gates' but you will find that is the point of my monologue...as it changes.

Cities fight year after year, century after century until one city, as always, beats up its neighbors and now has a block of power. In this book it turns out this guy is wringing about the little local city that came out on top as the big dog.

Next you had all the cities pretty much in one regional block or the other of which there were many. Many different peoples, languages and cultures. So of course, more war. It's what we do. Another century. Cities are besieged now. There's pay involved and armies are able to be kept in the field year round. The fights for the cities are brutal. Once again the male population (or a huge percentage) is directly involved. When i say directly involved I mean whatever armor and shield you can scrounge up and a spear. And they did it. All of them.

Now we have what we would consider country sized political units forming. Keep in mind this is all from this old guy writing from the perspective of that first little city he had started his tale with. Turns out that cities little power block came out on top and now is controlling a big chunk of land. It's doing so in a Republican manner with no king (although admittedly a strong aristocracy). With a draft. Against other folks that were fighting as a people.

Now that its a big boy it meets the other BIG boys and then...you know...wars.

That little city comes through victorious and before you know it those citizen soldiers, run under a republican system of government conquered or crushed in the field the civilized world. Ironically enough the writer is writing at a time when a king has taken over and the conquests are basically over. Probably for the best due to the, you guessed it, massive corruption that arrived with the wealth and power of victory. While that city was at the height of it's glory at the time the old dude wrote it was already over for it's citizens. They were no longer required to bear arms, chose not to and finally were incapable of doing so due to such a soft life.

It went from every male in the city fighting to cities surrendering immediately if there wasn't a strong garrison. Those people are gone. Their language is dead. When the ability and willingness of the average male to take up arms was gone the days of the people are numbered. The writer was Titus Livy and the city of course was Rome. Keep the fire in your heart. Pass it to your sons and keep our people alive forever. It is your responsibility.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Civil war and WWII dodger I'd have a negative opinion.

I have developed a less harsh stance toward avoidance of wars of choice, police actions, nation building, propping up select economic interests, and most foreign entanglements.

All to often it seems like a scam where our boys pay for other men's folly.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#44]
if you have to go into organized crime for some reason you may as well get in with the biggest player around, the government.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Civil war and WWII dodger I'd have a negative opinion.
View Quote

Would it make a difference which side they were trying to dodge?  Either way they're going to send you to kill Americans.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
These threads went very differently 19-20 years ago.
View Quote

Thanks to the magic of the interwebs, we are now privy to just how fucking corrupt our politicians are.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And what happens when those giving the orders tell you to fight your own countrymen????
View Quote

First, I retired. Second, it would be an unlawful order posse comitatus and all.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#48]
FYI guy's Open Borders are a good thing remember!!!! LMFAO how would all the illegals get their fentanyl shipped???????
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

First, I retired. Second, it would be an unlawful order posse comitatus and all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And third you chose a side and fight.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point...and it's already happening to a extent, at least with the Police. They stood around and followed orders to let BLM / ANTIFA attack people and burn down cities, but then got their billy clubs out if a Trump supporter dared to fight back - all on the Democrat Mayor's orders of course. Looking at the people running the Military today, it's probably even more corrupt than that.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top