BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The plot thickens. Just received multiple replies through text that my old number is active. It was hijacked last night and a new customer already had it by 1030 this morning.  Poor folks will be getting No heat and no A/C calls and texts at 2 AM.  What a ClusterF@$k
View Quote

Why don't you get a cheap burner phone and call them.  Possibly at Walmart.    Explain the situation and see what they say.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I am sorry to hear about the OP’s woes..I have had the same # with tracfone for 15+ years with zero issues.  Why the hell would I go with anything more expensive?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Maybe don't use Tracfone? I don’t trust these fly by night carriers and prefer Verizon. Zero issues in over 24 years.
View Quote

Tracfone is owned by Verizon.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

LMAO!

In 2021, Verizon acquired TracFone Wireless, Inc. from Mexico-based Am rica M vil (owner of Claro) in a deal worth up to $6.9 billion, involving 20 million subscribers. The deal was approved by the Federal Communications Commission on November 22, 2021, and closed the following day.[4][5][1]

In 2022, the TracFone portfolio of brands, including Straight Talk, Safelink, and Total by Verizon, became part of the Verizon Value organization, led by Angie Klein.[6] The organization is part of Verizon's Consumer Group and houses its value and prepaid brands.[7]

View Quote
shhhhhhh........  Don't tell them that Flyby night company started in 1996
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Jesus Christ, please tell me this is a joke of some kind.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe don't use Tracfone? I don’t trust these fly by night carriers and prefer Verizon. Zero issues in over 24 years.
View Quote

Not to be a jerk about it - but kind of this.  If your phone number and service are vital to your business and lifestyle - ....and...  Tracfone?   Really?   As to but ... but... They started a long time ago and got bought by a major - that means absolutely nothing.  They're a known fly-by-night company.  And do you think Verizon is going to invest resources to keep TracPhone running well?  It's in their best interest to fuck up Tracphone; which apparently they did.

As others say, I'd go jump to a real carrier ASAP and port the old number over - so you can potentially actually still keep the number.  Since Verizon broke TrackPhone to force you to them, and AT&T can burn in Hell forever; I guess that leaves Sprint?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would just pick a different cell provider and have them port your number over to them.
View Quote

This.  If the number is still active get the account number and transfer pin and port the number before its lost for good.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#8]
lol Tracfone, are you replacing it with a Jitterbug?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would just pick a different cell provider and have them port your number over to them.
View Quote
This.   Simple solutions to complex problems.
That said, I had a TracFone number.   I was planning to drop it anyway, but they apparently failed to process one of my 90-day automatic renewal payments (I think it was because the card number had changed).  Without contacting me and without any notice, they simply dropped the account I'd had for several years.   Good riddance.

Given OP's hassles with Customer Disservice, I'd say good riddance again.   Get a better, mainstream provider.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I had been with one of the resellers. Can’t remember which name. Switched to Xfinity Mobile (runs on Verizon towers and you have to also have Xfinity home internet). The switchover to Xfinity wasn’t easy. I finally had to go into an Xfinity store and they got me straightened out. They had to call the reseller’s customer service for assistance. I’ve had the same number since 2008. I will never go with a rinky dink reseller again. Xfinity Mobile is a different an animal since they’re a huge company ans have stores you can go into for help.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:27:01 PM EDT
[#11]
If you get a burner phone, do you have a website or an email list that you can advise your customer base of the issue and the temporary phone number?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Tracphone?

What are you, a drug dealer?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They verified my phone SIM and previous phone SIM. I have been on auto refill for years and years using a Chase Credit Card. Got a QVC Black Friday Deal with an upgraded Samsung Galaxy A54 and an annual service plan for 249.00 Sometimes deals are too good to be true. What could possibly go wrong???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As long as they are sure it isn't sim swapped.  

But I still don't understand how a 'glitch' causes this.  When you have tracfone do you have a standing account?  Or is it month to month and minute by minute?
They verified my phone SIM and previous phone SIM. I have been on auto refill for years and years using a Chase Credit Card. Got a QVC Black Friday Deal with an upgraded Samsung Galaxy A54 and an annual service plan for 249.00 Sometimes deals are too good to be true. What could possibly go wrong???

Wait…

Tracphone

QVC

This is the most boomer thing I’ve seen.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I beg to differ.
I have a tracfone, with a totalwireless plan, both owned by and ran on Verizon.

Absolutely nothing wrong with nor different from any other phone or network service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. It’s still tier 3 CRAP.

I beg to differ.

Absolutely nothing wrong with nor different from any other phone or network service.

Well, until you run into problems like OP. Then you get to talk to 10 guys in Bangalore and spend nine hours on the phone, only to be told to eat shit.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Why don't you get a cheap burner phone and call them.  Explain the situation and see what they say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The plot thickens. Just received multiple replies through text that my old number is active. It was hijacked last night and a new customer already had it by 1030 this morning.  Poor folks will be getting No heat and no A/C calls and texts at 2 AM.  What a ClusterF@$k

Why don't you get a cheap burner phone and call them.  Explain the situation and see what they say.
Chapter 2
You will not believe this story.  Another  gentleman  had their number hijacked . He has been trying to get his number back for the last 2 days. Come to find out the number he originally had is only one digit different than the number I originally had.  Safelink(Tracfone) ported my number to a guy who lost his number 2 days ago. The guy doesn't want my number,  he wants his number. SMH. So you know  what happens when you call tech support and try to explain all this to an injun? Hilarity insues with no resolution in sight. Life is way to short for these shenanigans. So it was Tracfones fault (glitch) that caused all these issues and it could have easily happened to any of us on a Verizon tower. We are going to try to contact corporate on Monday to see what happens next.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:46:32 PM EDT
[#16]
If they also have your email address, then they can try to change the password on your email account.  Once they have access to your email and text messages, they will start working on things like getting access to your bank accounts.

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If they also have your email address, then they can try to change the password on your email account.  Once they have access to your email and text messages, they will start working on things like getting access to your bank accounts.

View Quote
OMG. I have changed the pin and password to my Tracfone account.  At this point it could be too late.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Chapter 2
You will not believe this story.  Another  gentleman  had their number hijacked . He has been trying to get his number back for the last 2 days. Come to find out the number he originally had is only one digit different than the number I originally had.  Safelink(Tracfone) ported my number to a guy who lost his number 2 days ago. The guy doesn't want my number,  he wants his number. SMH. So you know  what happens when you call tech support and try to explain all this to an injun? Hilarity insues with no resolution in sight. Life is way to short for these shenanigans. So it was Tracfones fault (glitch) that caused all these issues and it could have easily happened to any of us on a Verizon tower. We are going to try to contact corporate on Monday to see what happens next.
View Quote

Contact the guy and offer to buy the account from him.

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Chapter 2
View Quote

If your account was current and paid up, you should immediately get an account with a new carrier, and port your old number over. Your previous carrier must accept your port request. They'll have to give you a PIN & account number to provide to the new carrier.

FCC, BBB, AG, nobody's going to help you.

Maybe should have tried to port out when this first happened. Accepting a new number was not the solution. If you accepted a new number, you may be SOL.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What the fuck? Who runs a business with a tracfone (other than drug dealers and pimps)?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138374/zoomin-428901-768826.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:04:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Chapter 2
View Quote

Maybe that is good.  If you have talked to him perhaps you can have him work with you and whoever (carrier) to make sure that you get your number back.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I have Tracfone and love it.  But it is a burner phone NOT a business phone,
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:09:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Chapter 2
View Quote

So how did you get in touch with this guy? Calling your old number?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:29:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:41:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I didn't know TracFone was still a thing.
View Quote

My 12 year old had one until her mom got her an iPhone for Christmas. They work ok, it's not anything a serious adult would use though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:54:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So how did you get in touch with this guy? Calling your old number?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:06:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Might be worth it to try a ATT burner phone just to see what happens next
View Quote

facepalm

good luck OP I think you might be beyond saving
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:09:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

FPNI

Not using Tracphone is something that should have been learned in 2007

You can get a AT&T prepaid phone for cheap as well with service that is almost as good as the normal service for half the price.
View Quote

2007 was 17 years ago, and is an AT&T prepaid just as good? It wouldn't surprise me if you get shit support with it as well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
But its not Verizon.  

And know you know
View Quote

What do you mean it's not? Are you saying OP can't get the exact same service for way less money?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:11:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I beg to differ.

View Quote

Seems the OP proves you wrong.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:18:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Howard Forums was going to be my first suggestion, but @RTX has that covered.

(1) First thing Monday morning, call Tracfones Corporate office.

Monday to Friday 8am to 5am

305-640-2000 ext 1029
800-626-4883 ext 3324

You might not need the extensions. See what the phone system tells you.

You can call after hours and use the extensions, but you'll still end up with a call center.  Not sure if they are any better than the "normal" call center.

For some things, the online chat is very useful.  Not talking to some foreigner makes it less painful.

(2) If that is unsatisfactory, file a complaint with the FCC online.  That should get you a response.  (A HowardForums frequent suggestion for even lesser issues).

(3) Ignore the worthless immature fucks around this place.

I've used Tracfone for 20+ years.  Service was through AT&T for a long time, and then changed to Verizon a few years ago.  When 3G was phased out, they gave me a $75 credit towards a new phone. HSN offers some great prices for phone packages.

View Quote

After that you need to go to the hair dresser the CEO goes to, and collect some of her hair, and make a voodoo doll, and then.....

Or you could just get service from a not bullshit company so you don't have to stand on your head, and do flips to get decent service
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:19:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I am sorry to hear about the OP’s woes..I have had the same # with tracfone for 15+ years with zero issues.  Why the hell would I go with anything more expensive?
View Quote

As long as your cool with possibly getting fucked like OP then no reason.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:22:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Chapter 2
View Quote

I don't think that means what you think it means.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:24:06 AM EDT
[#34]
I lost the phone number I had since high school.... no problem right? I got locked out of every account that was important. I'm still locked out of coinbase. I had to go to my bank in person to get back in.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:52:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Wait…

Tracphone

QVC

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As long as they are sure it isn't sim swapped.  

But I still don't understand how a 'glitch' causes this.  When you have tracfone do you have a standing account?  Or is it month to month and minute by minute?

Wait…

Tracphone

QVC

While the Boomer tag gets way over used - if there's a Bob Hope wallpaper involved I'm out.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:04:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Like the dudes that STILL use the same yahoo email they were using in '97.

"Why do I get sooo much spam?"

LoL
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:33:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Lots of recent bad reviews on Tracfone here.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/tracfone.com
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Lots of recent bad reviews on Tracfone here.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/tracfone.com
View Quote

Tracfone is the only thing that puts me one Tier higher than old people buying Jitterbug flip phones with the Emergency Response button.  Stop attacking my lifestyle choice!
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Tracfone is the only thing that puts me one Tier higher than old people buying Jitterbug flip phones with the Emergency Response button.  Stop attacking my lifestyle choice!
View Quote

k, boomer!
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I lost the phone number I had since high school.... no problem right? I got locked out of every account that was important. I'm still locked out of coinbase. I had to go to my bank in person to get back in.
View Quote

So much is tied to our phones these days.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

And how did you lose it? Context is important.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Land line master race checking in here.  Same number since December 1985 and not one problem.    Even during the ice storm of 1991 it ran flawlessly for the several weeks it took to get power restored to everyone.  I keep it today as my number of record on sales.  That way all nuisance calls go to that phone and I check for messages a few times a day.    

For cellular service I use Verizon Wireless.  They have been pretty good.  

What a clusterfrack you got on your hands.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#45]
How does one access accounts that require 2 factor authentication with text code if you suddenly lose your phone number and can't get it back?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's always in the last place you look.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How does one access accounts that require 2 factor authentication with text code if you suddenly lose your phone number and can't get it back?
View Quote

Depends on the account. Some give you the option of getting authentication code via email.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

That seems like a good idea. HTF does this happen anyway. I've been with straight talk for years. Other than no kiosk  to go to I'm happy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Is Tracfone a fly by night carrier? They've been around longer than you've been with Verizon.
View Quote

Verizon is a merger between Bell Atlantic Mobile, GTE and Vodafone.  They’ve been around in the US for a really long time.  My first cellular service was Bell Atlantic Mobile and still my current phone.  

Tracfone has been around for a while too, but discount services usually lead to discount service problems.  Why go with pre-pay phone for crack dealers and their baby mommas if you can afford to pay for regular service especially if impacts your livelihood?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
See if you can port it to Google Voice. You can set it up to ring to your current number/phone.
View Quote

Good idea.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top