Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly I would get a used CPO about 3 years old when they are coming off lease.  Luxury cars depreciate about 40% just off lease so you usually pay what a similar consumer grade of the same size.  Audi CPO get factory warranty out to 6 years or 100k miles
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Another thing I’d offer is an Audi SQ5. Test drive one and they are nice. Decent speed and will go anywhere in almost any condition. Plus the interior is much stepped up from standard Audi interiors.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Lexus will have the best reliability and resale value, but they aren’t the most fun to drive.

The IS is a smaller exec style sedan, the GS is bigger, and the RC is a coupe. All of these should be available new in your budget.

Adding fun makes things problematic. BMW is probably the best bet, but they are not exactly known for a trouble free long term ownership experience.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Geo Metro
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:01:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geo Metro
View Quote
My first car was an '87 Chevy Sprint, the predecessor of the Metro. 3 cylinders of raw power. The best car a 16 year old could have asked for. Alas, at 42 I am afraid my Metro days are behind me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have work trucks I can use for when I need a truck. My 5'2" wife doesn't want to have to crawl up into a vehicle every time we stop.

I guess I should have put one or two more qualifiers...while I have wanted a 911 for probably 25 years I live in very rural SouthWest Virginia. So things like Bentleys and Porsche not only stand out in an outrageous and ostentatious way there would also be issues taking them to a dealer of need be which is a minimum of hours away.

I do appreciate all options to consider though.
View Quote
I had the same problem of not wanting to stick out in the back woods of East Texas.  That is part of the reason I went with Audi.  The interior is probably the best in the business, but the outside could be mistaken for a Kia.  Those that know will appreciate it while those that don't know will ignore it.  The perfect classy stealth ride.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Used BMW 550 or CTS-V depending on your style.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Volvo S90 Inscription.

Understated yet very refined.  Not ghetto flashy or ostentatious.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#9]
FPNI

Also, Volvo S60
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Honestly I would get a used CPO about 3 years old when they are coming off lease.  Luxury cars depreciate about 40% just off lease so you usually pay what a similar consumer grade of the same size.  Audi CPO get factory warranty out to 6 years or 100k miles
View Quote
Yup. My Lexus' sticker price is over 60K but I got it for 33k CPO with 34k miles and a six year unlimited mile warranty.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

2015-16 Range Rover Sport.
View Quote
This. Range Rover Sport. Or Discovery. Discovery Sport if you are super poor (like $35k poor). Spend the remainder on ????
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Hold off a year or two then pick up a gently used Porsche 718.

EDIT; Guess thats not luxury though. As said earlier, Audi RS5. Older one with the V8, not this new V6 nonsense
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#14]
New: That price range puts you BARELY at E class and 5 Series.  Probably better off getting a Lexus GS or Infiniti Q50 with decent options

Used: The world is your oyster. For 60k, you can get a 2016-2017 Escalade, Higher end E class or 5 series, ~4 year old S class or 7 series (both sticker for 100k new).
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:31:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I really liked my Infiniti G35.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:32:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Genesis.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:35:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
ETA: quote fail

Equus now Genesis
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ETA: quote fail

Equus now Genesis
Genesis is now the  G70, G80 and G90
I believe the G80 is the old Genesis, The G90 is the old Equus and the G70 is a new model.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:38:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Lexus LS
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:40:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Talk about tone deaf.  K900 sounds like the robot dog from the old Buck Rodgers show.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've got one of these. THIS is one of the best answers. The car is sublime. Unlike anything you expect to wear a chevy badge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've got one of these. THIS is one of the best answers. The car is sublime. Unlike anything you expect to wear a chevy badge.
I love mine too.  2017 with the manual 6 speed.   It’s sick.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:46:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fuck gd. And thier millennial eurotrash.

Buy American!
View Quote
I’d like to have a beer with you sir
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Puts you in low milage '16-'17 years for a Jaguar XJ with the supercharged 5.0
Nice cars, comfortable and a delight to be in. Fantastic road manners.

Cheaper to buy and own than a high end luxury car.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:57:39 PM EDT
[#24]
You could get a 2015ish S class Mercedes for that, or a E63 AMG sedan if you wanna go fast. Check out Mercedes'  CPO listings.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#25]
VA? Any chance of snow? E300 4Matic. You can still find 18's on the lot and beat them up a little on price. Nice car in the lowish to mid 50's.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:06:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Maybe you would say that isn't possible but what would be a good decked out car in that range. Mercedes? BMW? Something my wife and I can go to town or on trips in.

I wouldn't care about massive hp as much as a fun and comfortable car to drive. 2 door or 4. I don't care about a convertible.

I would consider used but only low miles so keep that in mind for recommendations in that price range.
View Quote
Op... Seriously. You can get a Bentley Continental GT with less than 50K on it for this price tag. Possibly less than 40K miles if you look. Supreme luxury, Twin Turbo V12. Lots of power and sexy as heck.

Here's a good example. 50K. under 25000 miles. Will be reliable and you'll likely be one of very few people to have one. Maintenance on them is pretty straight forward.

Continental GT
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#27]
I have  both the Audi S4 Avant and the RS5, so I'm a bit partial to them.  They aren't my only cars though, allthough all my cars have V8s in them including the 69 Bronco and F-550.

In that price range there is a lot of low mile used available, not a fan of Lexus as I find them boring as fuck to drive. I would recommend test driving a bunch of cars before you decide.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#28]
2018 Audi clearance

OP, check the link out, it should be pertinent to your interests.

Personally I'd be looking at CPO Lexus as many have mentioned, if you intend to buy and keep it.  Many of the others are great to lease, but not what you want to buy and keep.  But those deals that are being discussed in that link would be very hard to beat especially considering you don't care about the big motor performance trim levels.

$50 - 60k is plenty when you don't care about the high performance models.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:09:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Lincoln Continental Black Label

Here's why the $83,000 Lincoln Continental Black Label should cost even more
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:14:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Acura TLX A-spec
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:17:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Audi A7 would probably be in your range.

Maybe an s7 if you stretch a bit or get one that’s a few years old with lower miles. I love mine, very comfortable ride and the s7 has plenty of get up and go.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:35:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Maybe an s7 if you stretch a bit or get one that's a few years old with lower miles. I love mine, very comfortable ride and the s7 has plenty of get up and go.
View Quote
A7 starts at $68k
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
She would love that honestly but reliability is absolute Shit by all accounts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2015-16 Range Rover Sport.
She would love that honestly but reliability is absolute Shit by all accounts.
I have a ‘16. And love it. Not a single problem with it. It is great on gas. And the warranty is better than the Ford Explorer we were also looking at. It had better options,
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:41:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Puts you in low milage '16-'17 years for a Jaguar XJ with the supercharged 5.0
Nice cars, comfortable and a delight to be in. Fantastic road manners.

Cheaper to buy and own than a high end luxury car.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82945/ITMY4Z3BJERXNKCJ2DCTBXBRRM-600_jpg-843680.JPG
View Quote
It needs a leaper on the damned hood to be a real Jag!
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#35]
In your price range, you can get damned near anything you want other than extreme exotics if you guy 3 year old CPO. Most will be in the 30-40k mileage range.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:10:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A7 starts at $68k
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe an s7 if you stretch a bit or get one that's a few years old with lower miles. I love mine, very comfortable ride and the s7 has plenty of get up and go.
A7 starts at $68k
Didn’t he say used with lower miles was ok? They take a large depreciation hit the first year or two. I’m sure he could get a 2-3 year old one with less than 30k on it for less than 50k.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:34:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lexus LS.
View Quote
This.

I don't understand why but they depreciate like crazy despite being rock solid vehicles.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:36:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Newest Aston Martin V8 vantages you can find for 50-60k.  The cheap ones are low 30s now
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:43:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Op... Seriously. You can get a Bentley Continental GT with less than 50K on it for this price tag. Possibly less than 40K miles if you look. Supreme luxury, Twin Turbo V12. Lots of power and sexy as heck.

Here's a good example. 50K. under 25000 miles. Will be reliable and you'll likely be one of very few people to have one. Maintenance on them is pretty straight forward.

Continental GT
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe you would say that isn't possible but what would be a good decked out car in that range. Mercedes? BMW? Something my wife and I can go to town or on trips in.

I wouldn't care about massive hp as much as a fun and comfortable car to drive. 2 door or 4. I don't care about a convertible.

I would consider used but only low miles so keep that in mind for recommendations in that price range.

Continental GT
Cheaper ones in the link I posted on 1st page
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:53:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This.

I don't understand why but they depreciate like crazy despite being rock solid vehicles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lexus LS.
This.

Full size luxury sedans are pretty much dead.

People who want something that big and expensive will most likely buy an SUV.

The LS starts at $75k. The GX starts at $52k, and the LX starts at $86k. I don’t know about you, but if it were my money, I’d get the GX or LX before I’d get the LS.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:59:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Continental GT
What is does it look like to maintain one of these beasts? V12 TT... Sounds crazy expensive and breakable.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:04:54 AM EDT
[#42]
You could get into a used Audi R8 or Nissan GTR in the 60s... High end of your range though. And more sports car than luxury car.

I see Porsche Panamera Turbos pretty cheap these days. Picked up an Audi SQ5 for the wifey, well with in your price range and quite nice, fast, and capable.

New Q8 is sweet, maybe could pick up a used one in your price range in the next several months. I also see Audi RS7s in the high 60s.

I've also seen some used Austin Martin Rapides (4 door V12) in that price range... Not sure how reliable though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:09:11 AM EDT
[#43]
New

Infinity and Lexus are well optioned in the prince range

Used RWD

Jaguar XJR is a bargain with a CPO.  Super nice and fast.

CTSV are a bargain used 2nd and 3rd gen.

2014 CTS v-sport are a bargain

ATS V are a super bargain but small

Higher end AWD

I’m very happy with my Panamera Turbo S.  It blows away pretty much all other options on luxury and performance.  The XJR is the only one that compares on the interior.  You’d have to get to 2011-2013 model years for the turbo shot n your price range.  You might find a 2014 GTS 2014-2015 in that range.

E63 S 2015 ish have really dropped on the used marker and are a heck of a car.

Audi S6 is a bargain used with low miles but they have some turbo issues with higher miles
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:09:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Used Porsche Panamera

Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Newest Aston Martin V8 vantages you can find for 50-60k.  The cheap ones are low 30s now
View Quote
Lol no.  No you can’t.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:12:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Problem with the Bentley is although very luxurious, the tech looks years behind in those price ranges and repairs are $$$$ even compared to the German big 3.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:18:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
A new K900

@Canoeguy
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:48:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Problem with the Bentley is although very luxurious, the tech looks years behind in those price ranges and repairs are $$$$ even compared to the German big 3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Tech is years behind?

What the fuck are you talking about? It's a W12 layout 4 banks of 3 twin turbo. same design as the Passat W8 and the Bugatti W16. Except the bentley is easier to take care of then a bugatti and is a hell of a lot nicer than a Passat.

The Panamara or a Porsche would be fun too. Both are good options.

Quoted:

I saw. just different ones. Lots of options for an amazing car. I got to drive one a few years back and was VERY impressed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 3:18:38 AM EDT
[#49]
You can get a used maserati for under 20k. But it'll be a few years old.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 3:19:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Early 90s Lexus LS for about 10k. Wish I would have bought this one.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-lexus-ls-4/

Want something a little more sporty? E34 M5...about 20-25k for a nice one. Currently bid at 16k

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-bmw-m5-57/
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top