Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol at this thread's poverty mindset.

People with $100 Million:
A) don't keep it in the bank
B) don't touch dirty things with their hands. That includes towing and hauling things.
C) rent out tracks and supercars when the urge to go fast hits them.
View Quote
Bless your heart....20'er

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd get that Camry I've been dreaming about.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
DOGE coin

And a Camry
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I would have a custom built 1979 F350 super cab in ranger green rebuilt to my specs for hard farm/hunting/hauling use. An exotic car would be about 6th place on my list of things to do with that 100m.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I would buy a Raptor to go pick up my new Aston Martin.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nice.

I'd buy a F250 and have installed F350 front/rear axle/springs.  
View Quote

That’s exactly what an F-350 is lol
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#8]
My state is full of people who don't have $2 in the bank, but that doesn't stop them from buying top trim pickups left and right.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Pick-up.
Most likely restore my 68 F250 4x4 highboy and find more of them.
Also a nice dsl dually.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#10]
i'm a big dude so i'd get a full size truck/SUV.

if i were normal sized i'd get a fun sports cah or some shit like that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe a regional lingo thing but I think mule tape is called bull rope here?!? Flat white woven strap material about 1/16" thick by 5/8" wide, lubricated with something slippery. I have miles of the stuff. The ISP than ran fiber optics through my parent's rural neighborhood was installing conduit that had it pre-loaded in the conduit and they just left piles of the stuff laying in the ditches all over when they were done and had left the job. Probably 40 miles of it if I had to guess. I have a couple miles I rolled up on a spool.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Maybe a regional lingo thing but I think mule tape is called bull rope here?!? Flat white woven strap material about 1/16" thick by 5/8" wide, lubricated with something slippery. I have miles of the stuff. The ISP than ran fiber optics through my parent's rural neighborhood was installing conduit that had it pre-loaded in the conduit and they just left piles of the stuff laying in the ditches all over when they were done and had left the job. Probably 40 miles of it if I had to guess. I have a couple miles I rolled up on a spool.
View Quote

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

B) don't touch dirty things with their hands. That includes towing and hauling things.
View Quote

Well I'm not gonna turn into an opulent fag just because I get money in the bank.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am getting the pickup.  And it remains to be seen if I would even ever buy a sports car, cause I just don't care enough.  Even they are really cool when other people own them.
View Quote

Have you never driven a Porcshe?
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Sports car, its a no brained when you have fuck you money.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Do rich people get greasy foreheads
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sports car, its a no brained when you have fuck you money.
View Quote
college kid down the street from me toots around in one of these:

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Really nice truck for daily driving / toy hauling then a sports car later on. Sports car wouldn't be all that high on my list of things to buy.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd pay someone else to pick up my groceries.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A car wouldn't be the first thing on my mind.  I'd be looking for a nice ranch.
View Quote

You and me both. No people for miles, open carry all day long. The Queen of all I survey.
Would be nice.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.

I'd buy a F250 and have installed F350 front/rear axle/springs.  

True, but you don't get hassled as much by DOT in a F250 towing.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Truck, tow exotics with it to places
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

When the solution for "how are we going to get around emissions for this build" is solved with "well, the wife did want a lake house. we'll buy that and just register it there".
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fuck that. I've lived on many Islands and the cool factor wears off quickly. I like to take weekend drives 4-500 miles on occasion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Private island in the Caribbean.  

and a fishing pole.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vladi-private-islands.de%2Ffileadmin%2Fislands%2Fcaribbean%2Fsell%2Fpierre_island%2Fpierre_island_002.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

edit: This one is 16 acres and "only" 5 million. So, plenty left. Or, get a bigger one.

Fuck that. I've lived on many Islands and the cool factor wears off quickly. I like to take weekend drives 4-500 miles on occasion.

Fine. I was looking for a caretaker for my harem house, but I guess I'll just do it myself, as usual.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I would pick #3, ramp truck    
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#27]

It’s in Toronto, last I saw 124k, but you can put a decent b6 package on a pickup for $45kish, the B7 Suburban 3500 is ~ 250k from Alpine,

Inkas LX570 is the best value IMHO
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol, no.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#29]
What i want has to be built not bought.

I’d find a premiere off-road fabrication shop to build my regular cab tacoma into a jeep killer.  Solid axle swap air lockers front and rear.  35” tires.  Dual transfer cases.  Have the 2.7L sent off to be built into stout supercharged setup with as much HP as can be had without sacrificing reliability.  Full roll cage, maybe turn it into a truggy.  

Step 2 - buy an F450 and an enclosed trailer to haul it and my buddy’s jeep out west where we spend the next year hitting all the 4x4 trails we can find.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Truck first, out of those 2 options.
Then to a toy hauler lot, and then to the Porsche dealer.

However, the real answer is a body on frame SUV. With that kind of money? AMG G wagon or Land Rover. Nice, comfy, capable, eminently useful... the rest of the stable can be had later.
Trucks
Sporty cars
Motorbikes
Trailers
Toys

I've often wondered what I would buy first if I had a lot of money, as in walk-in-and-write-a-check money.
The answer is always the same: luxury body-on-frame SUV. Everything else (sans TheAustrians advice) is afterwards including my next meal, etc.

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#31]
lol

$100 million is well into "get both" territory while getting a couple more just for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

However, the real answer is a body on frame SUV. With that kind of money? AMG G wagon or Land Rover. Nice, comfy, capable, eminently useful... the rest of the stable can be had later.
Trucks
Sporty cars
Motorbikes
Trailers
Toys

I've often wondered what I would buy first if I had a lot of money, as in walk-in-and-write-a-check money.
The answer is always the same: luxury body-on-frame SUV. Everything else (sans TheAustrians advice) is afterwards including my next meal, etc.

View Quote
hookers, blow, hairless 20 year old soul cycle instructors, etc.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Sports car - more so a drag car.  Once you go 10’s in a 1/4 mile there is no substitute but to try and go faster..,
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Would be a pick up for me safer than a sports car .
Never owned either, probably never will afford one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#35]
I'd need a pickup to haul the stuff I'd be needing for building a couple cars.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#36]
I've always been a truck guy so my money would first go to a nice truck.    Eventually I'd find a fun car to drive at times.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Just being practical.  An island would be nice but it would need to have an area to build above ay potential storm surge height. Any structures could be reinforced to protect from just the winds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Private island in the Caribbean.  

and a fishing pole.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vladi-private-islands.de%2Ffileadmin%2Fislands%2Fcaribbean%2Fsell%2Fpierre_island%2Fpierre_island_002.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

edit: This one is 16 acres and "only" 5 million. So, plenty left. Or, get a bigger one.

You're just asking for a hurricane to sweep that away. It looks like the highest point is about 12 feet.

I think its been there a very long time. You must be a hoot at parties.

Just being practical.  An island would be nice but it would need to have an area to build above ay potential storm surge height. Any structures could be reinforced to protect from just the winds.

Easy. 29 acres for $5.5M in a non hurricane zone.

Spend $15M to build a castle. 4-5 stories total, probably 20k sqft or so. $500k annual maint cost, so $35M until I die.

~$60M total. $40M left over gives me a $120K monthly allowance. Probably squeeze the 2 boats and 2 helicopters out of that.

Once the castle was complete, the plan would be to build/buy a functional race track on some desolate area in the fly-over area somewhere, NV/UT-ish... and that's where the sports cars would live. Not that I wouldn't have a bad-ass go cart track on the island for the fam to have a vacation spot with fishing, racing, hiking, watching sunsets, cooking with my brothers in a massive kitchen, and a mini concert hall for my musically inclined fam.

Castle, bro, castle.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Truck...

Not a fan of being behind the wheel of a cigarette lighter with wheels...

Plant a truck against a car in an accident and guess who has a higher probability of surviving....
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#39]
SUV.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Give only those two choices and not having any other cars per OP, I'd get the truck first.  I don't even particularly like daily driving a truck, but it makes the most sense.

The other nice thing about going truck first is that its a little less of a shopping experience.  Its going to take me a while to figure out what sports car(s) I'll want.  I have the most driving experience with Porsches, but with 100m sitting around, I may want something more exotic, and that's not a decision you make in a day.
View Quote

And what to drive while you're shopping around? The truck (or if the OP had the option, the luxury SUV).

I'd be tempted to buy an E60 MT M5 as my scoot around vehicle to do that, but getting in and out of the SUV for a couple weeks? So much nicer.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
lol

$100 million is well into "get both" territory while getting a couple more just for the hell of it.
View Quote

$100 million is buy a pickup to tow your supercar when the gas tank is empty into a field and run over it with your recently acquired tank, then shoot the pickup with an incendiary round territory of money
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You and me both. No people for miles, open carry all day long. The Queen of all I survey.
Would be nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would be nice.

Put me on that list. I would put most of 100 million into a stable passive income, and live off that. I would do what I could to give myself some kind of safety net in case that failed. I would make sure I could live on a fraction of that original 100 million.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trucks
Sporty cars
Motorbikes
Trailers
Toys

You Gorram mind reader.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Put me on that list. I would put most of 100 million into a stable passive income, and live off that. I would do what I could to give myself some kind of safety net in case that failed. I would make sure I could live on a fraction of that original 100 million.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would be nice.

Assuming you didn't have to pay taxes on that $100M...

Your allowance would be about $350k every month... without messing with the original amount. Forever, or until the world's governments become insolvent.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Lots of other toys would be considered as well.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Your allowance would be about $350k every month... without messing with the original amount. Forever, or until the world's governments become insolvent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would be nice.

Yes. I assume 100M is after taxes. 350k is a month is more than I'd ever need.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#47]

And have a mechanic on retainer to keep it running.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#48]
A one ton diesel pickup. I'd likely get a Ram.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#49]
With these responses I can tell some of you guys will be lottery winner poor before long
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I’d buy a third or fifth generation El Camino.  Then I’d take it to whoever’s the current incarnation of Carrol Shelby and tell them to turn it into a high performance road car. “Do what you gotta do. Oh, and by the way, have someone build me a two-speed rear end in case I want to pull 1500 pounds of trailer now and then.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I don’t give a damn.  Just do it.  Here’s a hundred grand.  Call me when that’s gone.  Now get cracking, Sugar.”

Then I’d go to the DMV and order up a set of vanity plates: KMAMF.
View Quote

My uncle basically did that but with a ranchero
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top