Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is pretty crazy and obviously they have no problem killing someone. Which has to be a really rare event for them honestly. We have two fishermen, a missionary, and I think that may be all of the actual documented deaths. Was there another?
View Quote
There were visits by anthropologists about 30-40 years ago and while no one was killed they were chased off by the islanders and had arrows fired at them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The isolation and lack of contact is a modern construct.  It wasn't always that way.  In fact, prior outside contact was withdrawn.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Any attempt to bring them into the modern age, would likely kill them via disease.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You can see a ship wrecked there on Google maps, it’s kinda neat.
View Quote

What happened to the crew?
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:58:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There were visits by anthropologists about 30-40 years ago and while no one was killed they were chased off by the islanders and had arrows fired at them.
View Quote

Yea, but they kept going back and eventually would meet face to face.

But that was authorized. Its fine if some people go, just not random interactions that would inevitably lead to more and more of the modern world infiltrating. Its their choice to keep and use the steel from the ship wrecks. They could throw it back in the sea, but they don't. They also kept some pots and pans given to them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#6]
No. We should have never shared our technology with the world in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What happened to the crew?
View Quote

An American helicopter rescued them after the natives came on the beach and were threatening them. But there were 30 crew apparently and they were there for like two days prior I think.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Obesity and alcoholism in 3... 2... 1... and go!
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:02:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:05:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Are we really keeping them in the stone age?  They know something else exists, and they have boats.  Have they left the island in search of something else?  If so, I can't find any reference to it, nor of people forcing them to stay on the island if they tried.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#11]
They are our starter pack, the next time we get destroyed they will begin anew.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:07:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:07:52 AM EDT
[#13]
OP sounds like a californian or new yorker who thinks they should move to the midwest and south to educate the dumb natives.

Personally, I think they should be left alone.  Same with the south and midwest states.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:11:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Alright, you guys can solve this one from here on out. While I am gone you can guess if I have gone to bed or have left to storm the beach of North Sentinel to bring them the evil knowledge of Ipads, internal combustion engines, and marrying outside of your immediate family.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:12:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OP sounds like a californian or new yorker who thinks they should move to the midwest and south to educate the dumb natives.

Personally, I think they should be left alone.  Same with the south and midwest states.
View Quote

Actually I think they should kill anyone they want but as I have said that five times you are just trying to be clever and recycle the same joke.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:13:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Alright, you guys can solve this one from here on out. While I am gone you can guess if I have gone to bed or have left to storm the beach of North Sentinel to bring them the evil knowledge of Ipads, internal combustion engines, and marrying outside of your immediate family.
View Quote
If you add a poll this thread will still be going when you get back.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:23:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

But…we are intervening by keeping everyone away. We intentionally keep them as some sort of anthropology project.

ETA: and really it’s not very remote at all which makes it all the more strange that it has remained this way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We “the modern world” have given all you have listed to numerous peoples and unfortunately with all of that they still behave worse then these tribesman on a remote fucking island. So no, we don’t need to intervene.

But…we are intervening by keeping everyone away. We intentionally keep them as some sort of anthropology project.

ETA: and really it’s not very remote at all which makes it all the more strange that it has remained this way.

They don't need the modern world. They try to kill anyone that gets close.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:24:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you add a poll this thread will still be going when you get back.  
View Quote

Just for you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:24:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I am posing a philosophical question.

We don’t know how they would actually react if people weren’t actively kept away. The choice is being made for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They want to be left alone. What's your issue with leaving them alone ?

We don’t know how they would actually react if people weren’t actively kept away. The choice is being made for them.

Read up on them. India stopped trying to contact them in 97.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:32:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Reminds me of the story about the American Indians who had all day to fish and hunt while the women did all the work.
Until modern man changed their life and now the same Indians have to go to work every day and only have weekends off for hunting and fishing.
ETA found story:
Where Did The White Man Go Wrong?

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."
The Chief nodded in agreement.
The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"
The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."
Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:47:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Maybe we should just send all the guilty gals that are teacher having sex with students to this island. They can add to the gene pool there
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:52:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They are keeping themselves in the stone age by killing anyone who lands on the island.

We are not doing it.
View Quote

But if we gave them modern weapons, they could be even better at killing anyone who lands on the island.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Maybe we should just send all the guilty gals that are teacher having sex with students to this island. They can add to the gene pool there
View Quote

i wonder if they'd shoot fat white women or welcome them with extremely open arms
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:59:22 AM EDT
[#24]
They opted out. Probably the only people on the planet with no jab policy.

Amish gonna amish.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:02:01 AM EDT
[#25]
If they're killing anyone who comes near, how are "we" keeping them isolated?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:02:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They opted out. Probably the only people on the planet with no jab policy.

Amish gonna amish.
View Quote

have you not been paying attention?
their only policy is jabs

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:44:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Evidently Jesus won't return until the gospel has been preached to every people group in the world.

So these folks are basically holding back Armageddon

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:08:26 AM EDT
[#28]
They don't have anything the rest of the world wants and they don't want to have anything to do with the outside world.

Just leave them alone.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:28:31 AM EDT
[#29]
The contact of outside diseases would kill them. Immune shots since the 50s, a lot of them.  Best to just leave them alone.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:29:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They don't have anything the rest of the world wants and they don't want to have anything to do with the outside world.

Just leave them alone.
View Quote

People that believe this way must have been raised on woke and avatar movies. So pure and untouched. And non-white.  Right.  The second that island becomes strategically or otherwise important, it's goodbye to a relocation island.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:55:01 AM EDT
[#31]
What do you mean "WE"?????
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 4:01:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Haven't you heard of the Prime Directive? We can't interfere with their civilization until they discover twerking, usury, and gender transformation therapy.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 4:01:50 AM EDT
[#33]
I find it hard to believe that an island just about 5 miles square can have enough wildlife and resources such as fresh water to support the tribe living there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 4:07:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

People that believe this way must have been raised on woke and avatar movies. So pure and untouched. And non-white.  Right.  The second that island becomes strategically or otherwise important, it's goodbye to a relocation island.
View Quote

Uh huh.

When do you expect that to happen?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 4:13:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Uh huh.

When do you expect that to happen?
View Quote

Any time. Nothing keeps them immune from exploitation.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 4:35:08 AM EDT
[#36]
They should host the next Olympics.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:50:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Just leave them be.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ask the Red Man how that worked out for them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 6:03:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Honestly, I'm surprised the Twitter/Tiktok dumbasses haven't discovered these guys and made a concentrated effort to visit the island.
View Quote

Hmm. Doesn't sound like such a bad idea.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#40]
If someone flew a drone over them, would they think it’s aliens?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No. We tried to turn Afghanistan and Iraq into Mayberry RFD.  How did that work out?

People just want to be whatever they are.
View Quote

Funny, but the Democrats Communist are trying (successfully)  to turn Mayberry RFD & the rest of America into North Sentinel Island.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They want to be left alone. What's your issue with leaving them alone ?
View Quote

They have made that perfectly clear. Would have thought killing everybody who has tried would have been a clue.

ETA: Although it is a shame, they probably don't even know which pronouns to use. Disgraceful!
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#43]
So a bunch of people live on an island and want to be left alone.  You have some kind of problem with leaving them alone, and then what?  You want to go and kidnap them from their island and force them to live like you?  

I have no issue with leaving them alone, but I do have an issue with your view on this.  Why do you think you should be able to chose how other people live?
I think maybe we should have a poll about what civilization should do with people like you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#44]
My understanding is that they are extremely inbred at this point. Sadly the only way to modernize them would be go full conquistador on the island. Nobody is in that business anymore so….
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Leave them be…….. I’m shocked a typhoon or similar natural disaster has wiped them out
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#46]
OP is right. I now feel morally obligated to give them nukes. Let's all get together with FJB to start this "reparation program" rolling!
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#47]
They have the balls to enforce a strong border policy.

Maybe we should try learning something from them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#48]
If agents of the WEF ever come to AR and attempt bring us backward people up into their “superior, modern” ways, then I hope we would greet them in the same manner as the N. Sentinel Island Natives do their guests.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, but that’s not correct. They have formed relationships with anthropologist who would bring them coconuts and other food.

They have killed I think two people decades ago, shot another in the leg. The may have killed others but that is the ones that got them their reputation.

They killed a guy much more recently than that!

Had to look him up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Allen_Chau

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/03/john-chau-christian-missionary-death-sentinelese

Looks like progress was made in the 90s with a series of increasingly friendly contacts.  Then the government of India abruptly called a halt to the expeditions, and the next people to land there, by accident, were brutally murdered.  Some think the islanders got pissed when the friendly visits and gifts stopped.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So a bunch of people live on an island and want to be left alone.  You have some kind of problem with leaving them alone, and then what?  You want to go and kidnap them from their island and force them to live like you?  

I have no issue with leaving them alone, but I do have an issue with your view on this.  Why do you think you should be able to chose how other people live?
I think maybe we should have a poll about what civilization should do with people like you.
View Quote

You obviously didn’t read my thread because you have no clue of what my view is on this. I absolutely think they have a right to keep people off their island. My problem is that a third-party is doing it for them without their knowledge whatsoever hence keeping them in the Stone Age intentionally.

I don’t give a shit if they wanna be left alone that’s perfectly fine. They should kill everyone that steps full on their island if they want to.

But they’ve been kept out of history, essentially kept away from what would have actually happened, which is far more contact with the modern world, because of a government that they know nothing about, or even know it  exists. A government that treats them like a pet project and allows certain scientists to go there, but keeps any other random person away but you’re cool with that?

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top