Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Israel currently under attack (Page 367 of 953)
Page / 953
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Halberdier:

The border region of Texas is all desert.

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs22/22796/images/fig2.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Halberdier:
Originally Posted By ValleyGunner:
Originally Posted By xciapup:
Looks a lot like South Texas.  Dark skinned military age men walking up thru the desert.  The only difference is we don't use tear gas on them.  We give them water and a court date in 2035.

South Texas is subtropical, not a desert.

The border region of Texas is all desert.

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs22/22796/images/fig2.jpg
ValleyGunner is right (note screen name)
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
looks like a direct hit on vehicles behind them and that camera looks like an ATGM.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Solace22:
honest question on a scale of 1-10 how big of a deal is war with Iran?
1 being desert storm level push over, 10 being complete nuclear war across the globe, end of civilization likely.
View Quote

6? Iran isn't going to be a pushover and has allies in Russia and China. They have drones reverse engineered from our own. Add to that the force projection issues that far out. We'd probably lose a carrier unless very lucky. They can also close down the straight of Hormuz which would play havoc on the global economy.

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Gentlemen, I do believe we are at the brink.
View Quote

That means a very strong possibility of US boots on the ground ........
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:

I don't see how Israel can mount a ground war against Iran.  They simply don't have the logistics capability, much less the war assets.
View Quote

I dont know either. I figure they will just start pressing red buttons if they have enough evidence that they were directly involved. I dunno.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:33:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#6]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:
Other part of the video of the Reuters scene

View Quote

Poor women. Looks like she expired from shock? I don't see a ton of blood so it wasn't from blood loss?
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Video at link

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
posted >20 mins ago
View Quote

I think Hezbollah is waiting for the ground ops in Gaza to begin before going full on attack in the north.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:
Originally Posted By 69cutlass:
1 being desert storm level push over, 10 being complete nuclear war across the globe, end of civilization likely.

I’m curious about this as well

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MIR:

View All Quotes

Gentlemen, I do believe we are at the brink.

I believe everyone will have boots in this war.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

6. We would destroy them conventionally while also taking losses, then the political leaders would fuck it all up with endless mission creep and no clearly defined end states. See: Iraq.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:36:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#12]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
Only if provable... and the world is bending over backwards to give Iran a pass at the moment.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By FMJ0311:
Pure speculation.  Iran smuggled a crude nuke into Gaza.  They plan to draw as many IDF in as possible and detonate.

That would cause Tehran to get flashed.
Only if provable... and the world is bending over backwards to give Iran a pass at the moment.

Without going too far down the OPSEC violation path, every type of uranium and plutonium used for either power generation or weapons is pretty much traceable not only to the country of origin, but to the particular plant/location where it was mixed/refined/enriched.  Think of them as molecular/atomic "fingerprints".  Sort of like great-grandma's Christmas cookies, where all the aunts have the same recipe but they all use different brands of ingredients, slightly vary the proportions of the ingredients, and mix them a little differently, and bake them in different types of ovens.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#14]
posted ~2 mins ago
View Quote

Guess we're going to loose most of the streams?
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:
Video at link

View Quote

He/She/Them would rapidly become was/were.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By realwar:

Poor women. Looks she expired from shock? I don't see a ton of blood so it wasn't from blood loss?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rebel31:
Other part of the video of the Reuters scene

Poor women. Looks she expired from shock? I don't see a ton of blood so it wasn't from blood loss?

I don't see anything that says she was killed.

The photographer with her was killed. His name is Issam Abdallah.

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:

View Quote

Nah some of them have starlink surely
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By jwr6:

If Iran had a master plan it would be to steal one of Israel’s nukes that came from the US and set it off in Mecca.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jwr6:
Originally Posted By FMJ0311:
Pure speculation.  Iran smuggled a crude nuke into Gaza.  They plan to draw as many IDF in as possible and detonate.

If Iran had a master plan it would be to steal one of Israel’s nukes that came from the US and set it off in Mecca.  

The Israelis have their own nukes, which are slightly different than ours.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#19]

I believe everyone will have boots in this war.
View Quote

Looks like WW3  coming then.......
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:
looks like a direct hit on vehicles behind them and that camera looks like an ATGM.
View Quote

Al Jazeera reporter per Newsmax
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Iran has plenty of experience (through proxy) with fighting Americans asymmetrically. I think that an occupation would probably be an even bigger nightmare than Iraq was, even at the worst of the sectarian violence.
View Quote

Yeah. They have a ton of experience fighting us asymmetrically in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan to name a few places.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:39:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#22]
Originally Posted By fike:

WTF. You have taken this off a cliff to the absurd.

I apologize for making the mistake of talking about pictures of guns shown and wanting to discuss the specifics. Once upon a time we did that on this site dedicated to firearms.

Carry on with whatever the fuck it is you are doing. I’ll bow out on the subject to not further disrupt the thread.
View Quote

No carry on, I’ll bow out. I have a bad tendency to want to move on to the big picture. I’ve received that criticism is my past OERs and still haven’t learned my lesson in civilian life.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Who woulda thought reporting from a war zone came with the distinct possibility of getting killed??!
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Gaza civilians vow 'death is better than leaving' as many refuse to evacuate 'hellhole' despite Israel saying Hamas use them as 'human shields' and UN warning the 'noose is tightening'

Gazans who refused to evacuate after Israel gave them 24 hours before launching an all-out assault have claimed they would rather die than leave their homes. While some heeded the call to leave, by Friday afternoon there was little sign of a mass exodus, despite the UN warning the area is 'fast becoming a hellhole'. 'Death is better than leaving,' said Mohammad, 20, standing in the street outside a building reduced to rubble in an Israeli air strike two days ago near the center of Gaza. 'I was born here, and I will die here, leaving is a stigma.'

With power supplies cut and food and water in the Palestinian enclave running short after a week of retaliatory air strikes and a full Israeli blockade, the U.N. said Gaza's civilians were in an impossible situation. 'The noose around the civilian population in Gaza is tightening. How are 1.1 million people supposed to move across a densely populated warzone in less than 24 hours?' U.N. aid chief Martin Griffiths wrote on social media. Hamas, which controls the densely populated Palestinian territory and slaughtered Israeli civilians in Saturday's attacks, vowed to fight until the last drop of blood and told residents to stay put after Israel said they should leave to escape the onslaught because Hamas 'is using you as human shields'.  

More
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#26]

I know for a fact you are wrong, yes we did supply 155 to Ukraine from there but we left a huge strategic reserve there. And on top of that we have a shit ton of other munitions there. Strategic reserves were not touched when it came to Ukraine so you gotta stop spreading lies. Those are facts.@GoldenMead

And we are sending small diameter bombs (250lb).. that's what Israel asked for.. so it's obvious you don't know.. so please stop spreading false info
View Quote

@arokie please link your sources and first hand knowledge you have.  Did you work in the DoD and handle this kind of thing? Did you serve in the US military and worked at any of COCOMs so you have a good idea what’s where?  If not, you have no place in telling me I’m spreading false information.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By LarpHard:

6? Iran isn't going to be a pushover and has allies in Russia and China. They have drones reverse engineered from our own. Add to that the force projection issues that far out. We'd probably lose a carrier unless very lucky. They can also close down the straight of Hormuz which would play havoc on the global economy.

View Quote

Depends on how we approach it.  Take out their air defense, MOAB all military bases, take out all power plants.  Sit back and watch?

or

Boots on the ground Afghanistan/Iraq all over again?
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#28]
1:30 video in tweet. Posted an hour ago.
View Quote

Unless I'm not understanding, he says everything they did is forbidden by their religion. They did it anyway.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By texashomeserver:

About the same here. G19 season.
View Quote

Plate carrier, carbine with spare mags in the back seat. G19 still primary
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Now claims that one was killed, graphic photo shared of a dead woman wearing press body armor with a shredded calf
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
idea in tweet.
No visual of what happened, but it sounds real bad.

Female voice: Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.  What happened what happened what happened what happened what happened what happened what happened!  I can't feel my legs!  I can't feel my legs!  I can't feel my legs!

Male voice: Okay, okay, okay, okay, OH FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!
Now claims that one was killed, graphic photo shared of a dead woman wearing press body armor with a shredded calf
Click To View Spoiler

Maya gabeily she's the chief of staff for Reuters in lebanon
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

Yeah. They have a ton of experience fighting us asymmetrically in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan to name a few places.
View Quote

Did not the US say if Hezbollah joins the fight, the US will come in......  Is there a strike group in the Persian Gulf right now.....  I wonder if troops will be sent to Iraq as a staging ground to go into Iran.....

One way or another----  IRAN has to be dealt with, if not, this is going to happen again, then we risk the next time it happens they may have nukes.......

Non of this is looking good.......   we may just be on the brink of WW3.......
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Iran has plenty of experience (through proxy) with fighting Americans asymmetrically. I think that an occupation would probably be an even bigger nightmare than Iraq was, even at the worst of the sectarian violence.
View Quote

Triple the size of Iraq, mountainous with double the population {although many youth oppose the regime} but regardless I think OIF - Iran will happen regardless
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:

I don't see how Israel can mount a ground war against Iran.  They simply don't have the logistics capability, much less the war assets.
View Quote

See Israel Times - they can’t do much without US support or read Senator Tom Cottons webpage and skim for his Israel related stuff
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:46:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#34]

Did not the US say if Hezbollah joins the fight, the US will come in......  Is there a strike group in the Persian Gulf right now.....  I wonder if troops will be sent to Iraq as a staging ground to go into Iran.....

One way or another----  IRAN has to be dealt with, if not, this is going to happen again, then we risk the next time it happens they may have nukes.......

View Quote

Iraq would probably not allow us to invade Iran from their country without another fight and our troops currently there would be in severe danger.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:

6. We would destroy them conventionally while also taking losses, then the political leaders would fuck it all up with endless mission creep and no clearly defined end states. See: Iraq.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:

No boots.

F22, F35, B2, B21, etc.

Destroy all Military infrastructure.

All.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:46:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#36]
Gaza civilians vow 'death is better than leaving' as many refuse to evacuate 'hellhole' despite Israel saying Hamas use them as 'human shields' and UN warning the 'noose is tightening'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/10/13/17/76529037-0-image-m-24_1697213649089.jpg

Gazans who refused to evacuate after Israel gave them 24 hours before launching an all-out assault have claimed they would rather die than leave their homes. While some heeded the call to leave, by Friday afternoon there was little sign of a mass exodus, despite the UN warning the area is 'fast becoming a hellhole'. 'Death is better than leaving,' said Mohammad, 20, standing in the street outside a building reduced to rubble in an Israeli air strike two days ago near the center of Gaza. 'I was born here, and I will die here, leaving is a stigma.'

With power supplies cut and food and water in the Palestinian enclave running short after a week of retaliatory air strikes and a full Israeli blockade, the U.N. said Gaza's civilians were in an impossible situation. 'The noose around the civilian population in Gaza is tightening. How are 1.1 million people supposed to move across a densely populated warzone in less than 24 hours?' U.N. aid chief Martin Griffiths wrote on social media. Hamas, which controls the densely populated Palestinian territory and slaughtered Israeli civilians in Saturday's attacks, vowed to fight until the last drop of blood and told residents to stay put after Israel said they should leave to escape the onslaught because Hamas 'is using you as human shields'.  

More
View Quote

"We find the terms of your proposal acceptable."

Israel needs to simply state "If you stay, you die" and go HAM on all of Gaza.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By craig19:
ABC has a Palestinian journalist cock sucker on there right now.  These people are completely delusional. He says the news is lying and no got raped, etc.  GTFO.
View Quote

Guys, GUYS!!! There is no one dying in Gaza right now. Those bombs are all cgi. Power is still on and everyone is dancing and singing together...
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

@arokie please link your sources and first hand knowledge you have.  Did you work in the DoD and handle this kind of thing? Did you serve in the US military and worked at any of COCOMs so you have a good idea what’s where?  If not, you have no place in telling me I’m spreading false information.
View All Quotes

I know for a fact you are wrong, yes we did supply 155 to Ukraine from there but we left a huge strategic reserve there. And on top of that we have a shit ton of other munitions there. Strategic reserves were not touched when it came to Ukraine so you gotta stop spreading lies. Those are facts.@GoldenMead

And we are sending small diameter bombs (250lb).. that's what Israel asked for.. so it's obvious you don't know.. so please stop spreading false info

Your welcome to do your own research, and I don't need to explain my sources to you. You are nobody. But stop spreading lies. It does not help anything.   But my statements are facts, what you do with them is on you.   You are the one making accusations so show your proof.  Don't make false statements like that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Voland:

Guys, GUYS!!! There is no one dying in Gaza right now. Those bombs are all cgi. Power is still on and everyone is dancing and singing together...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Voland:
Originally Posted By craig19:
ABC has a Palestinian journalist cock sucker on there right now.  These people are completely delusional. He says the news is lying and no got raped, etc.  GTFO.

There are members here pushing same agenda
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

I made the mistake of getting off topic over North Korean rifles, I’ve avoided Ukraine / Israel news like Zelensky wanting to go to Israel this week so thread can stay on topic so let’s all try to do our best to keep 87% of thread on Israel including myself. I keep drifting off into the weeds over and over.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Ive said from the beginning the religious aspects of this make it a whole other level than the Ukraine & Russia stuff.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

And the USA also has a HUGE store of weapons there for our own use in case of a major Middle East war. So I think that shipment is just for optics, as in "look at us! We are helping!"

I know for a fact that the majority of our stockpiles of small arms and artillery we keep in Israel went to Ukraine.  We have iron dome interceptor’s there that we already released to Israel and we are now flying our stockpiles of them in the US to there as well.  The US no longer has huge stockpiles of artillery rounds anywhere that can be released to Israel.  Now we are going to deplete are reserve of 500lbs bombs.

Your “facts” on ground ordnance is wrong.  We have been telling all of you guys that for a while but you guys keep stick your fingers in your ears and accuse us of being Putin supporters and propagandists.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Al Jazeera correspondent and a cameraman: Hit by Israeli shelling in South Lebanon

Al Jazeera correspondent and a cameraman: Hit by Israeli shelling in South Lebanon

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#45]

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/10/13/17/76529037-0-image-m-24_1697213649089.jpg

More
View Quote

Everyone gets to choose. Won’t stop the inevitable
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:
Originally Posted By DCV_117:

Being a transmitter, starlink is very easy to target, especially when your drones rule the air.

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 4thUSMC:

Sorry, they don't risk their military personnel just to entertain you.  If you have ever been a part of any military planning you'd understand but otherwise just keep looking at the screen for updates.
View Quote

I haven't been, hence the question. I would assume given what happened they would have acted quickly and forcefully.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By JASIRR:

View Quote

One or two clicks above Bad, Really Bad.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

Conventionally they are probably the modern equivalent to Iraq at it's peak but occupation would be a nightmare on another level with terrorism and suicide bombers galore. Not to mention they might pop off a dirty bomb or other radiating weapon at Israel or another regional enemy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

Conventionally they are probably the modern equivalent to Iraq at it's peak but occupation would be a nightmare on another level with terrorism and suicide bombers galore. Not to mention they might pop off a dirty bomb or other radiating weapon at Israel or another regional enemy.

It definitely would put war with Russia in play as well. The world is going to go nuclear at some point this seems like a pretty likely possibility of it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

Iran is using Hezbollah to start a war with us,  we are being drawn right into there plans. Iran's leaders need to be taken out. Because Irans population does not want war, you take out the leaders the population there will do the rest.
Page / 953
Israel currently under attack (Page 367 of 953)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top