Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Israel currently under attack (Page 509 of 953)
Page / 953
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:11:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:13:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#2]
[Deleted]
Start a new thread
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JamPo:

This isn’t a let’s discuss the possibilities post. This is definitely an accusatory post. Here..let me remind you.

Originally Posted By MKSheppard:
https://twitter.com/yousuf_tw/status/1714367757968384106

“It's looking from this video that the IDF fucked up when setting up their Iron Dome engagement zones in the system software -- if they had correctly entered a PROTECTED AREA/DENIED AREA into the software with the hospital, the battery would have waited to engage the missile until it was at a point where missile debris wouldn't fall onto the hospital.

Whoops.”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JamPo:
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

Going the mile to cover up, just to eat crow.

LMAO, accusing me of of being an operative for the Palestinians. Now that dawn has broken and we've got better footage, Option A (Failed PIJ missile) is what clearly happened. But with what we had last night (vague video), Option B (Intercept, falling fragments) was a possibility.

This isn’t a let’s discuss the possibilities post. This is definitely an accusatory post. Here..let me remind you.

“It's looking from this video that the IDF fucked up when setting up their Iron Dome engagement zones in the system software -- if they had correctly entered a PROTECTED AREA/DENIED AREA into the software with the hospital, the battery would have waited to engage the missile until it was at a point where missile debris wouldn't fall onto the hospital.

Whoops.”

I'm serious, with Hamas' track record, I could easily believe a report of them setting off a strong munition in the children's ward of the hospital and then blaming it on the Israelis.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:13:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By realwar:
The hospital is having a presser surrounded with dead children.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/10/18/01/76687527-12642403-image-a-84_1697590472336.jpg
View Quote

Using the bodies of dead children like that.

That's just sick.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By gotigers:

one of the dumbest statements of the week.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gotigers:
Originally Posted By trails-end:

Trump moved the US embassy to Jerusalem.  That's when all of the problems started in the ME.

one of the dumbest statements of the week.

Damn guys.  That was sarcasm in response to the quoted post about it being blamed on Trump.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#6]

LMAO, accusing me of of being an operative for the Palestinians. Now that dawn has broken and we've got better footage, Option A (Failed PIJ missile) is what clearly happened. But with what we had last night (vague video), Option B (Intercept, falling fragments) was a possibility.
View Quote

Dude, you were called out on your inane ramblings last night by many people, including myself, with just the video that was available at the time by using logic and reasoning. You don't know half as much as you think you do. Keep digging that hole you are in or just go away. Preferably the latter.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Klee:

That's just sick.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
The hospital is having a presser surrounded with dead children.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/10/18/01/76687527-12642403-image-a-84_1697590472336.jpg

That's just sick.

It most certainly is.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:18:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Harmonic_Distortion] [#8]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

lol there was no way 500 people were killed.  i doubt even 50 were.. It was a hamas rocket that did it and the friggin world needs to stop the bitching now. ffs
View Quote

Pali Bonus: Now they can absolutely store munitions/etc. at the "hospital" and Israel can't do shit about it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:21:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

View Quote

No interception shown in this thermal footage
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Some news outlets saying a ground incursion is on hold. Well no shit.

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:25:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mal_means_bad] [#11]

Prove that Iron Dome does not intercept over Gaza, especially since the distances from defended cities in Israel (Sderot) to Gaza launch sites are only 850 meters and the minimum public range of Iron Dome's Tamir interceptor is 5 km, enabling intercepts over Gaza.

The equations of Missile Defense are that the earlier you intercept the inbound missile, the greater the defended area each ABM site can defend -- and thus the cheaper to run your ABM system.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:28:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Backscatter] [#12]
Originally Posted By mac130:

View Quote

I doubt that footage is of the same incident. In the live footage from Al Jazeera at the time, there doesn't appear to be that many rockets fired in that quick of succession and the thermal does not show the inflight failure/explosion of the rocket motor. Plus that thermal footage ends before any impact showing an explosion. But I agree that there was no interception of the rocket in question.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:31:30 AM EDT
[#13]

I was actually about to post that photo. You can use trignometery to figure out intercept points from that, given that ranges are so short from Gaza to Israel.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:31:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Backscatter:

I doubt that footage is of the same incident. In the live footage from Al Jazeera at the time, there doesn't appear to be that many rockets fired in that quick of succession and the thermal does not show the inflight failure/explosion of the rocket motor. Plus that thermal footage ends before any impact showing an explosion. But I agree that there was no interception of the rocket in question.
View Quote

It may not be from the incident. It does show that the rockets were not being intercepted in the initial launch phase. That was more my point.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:32:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Bloviator:

How many cars have you sold to Hamas?
View Quote

Probably around 10.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Joe hath spoken.  Foxnews has a banner saying “Biden says it appears Israel did not bomb the hospital” or something like that.

Joe has fixed it. War is over. Lol

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:34:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Backscatter] [#17]

It may not be from the incident. It does show that the rockets were not being intercepted in the initial launch phase. That was more my point.
View Quote

Ok... I see what you were getting at now. I misunderstood your point. My mistake.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#18]

That's just sick.
View Quote

What the fuck ?
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:39:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

That is dangerous thinking because the democrats, the federal bureaucracy, and the radical left are by far our biggest threat. Lets not forget that just because is other enemies out there getting loud as well. They'd most likely use other international crises to further their own agenda which isn't in our best interest anyway.
View Quote

Largely the same enemy...
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#20]
A strong benefit of threads like this is seeing where people land, both in sympathies and analysis capabilities.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

And it's gone. It's really amazing how quickly anything anti-Pali gets taken down by X.

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Prove that Iron Dome does not intercept over Gaza, especially since the distances from defended cities in Israel (Sderot) to Gaza launch sites are only 850 meters and the minimum public range of Iron Dome's Tamir interceptor is 5 km, enabling intercepts over Gaza.

The equations of Missile Defense are that the earlier you intercept the inbound missile, the greater the defended area each ABM site can defend -- and thus the cheaper to run your ABM system.
View Quote

^^ This guy must work for the CIA because he has the same motto.  "Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations."  David
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
Joe hath spoken.  Foxnews has a banner saying “Biden says it appears Israel did not bomb the hospital” or something like that.

View Quote

I heard what the potato said in real time during his meeting with Bibi. He referred to Ham Ass as “the other team.”

God help us all.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Shoresy:
A strong benefit of threads like this is seeing where people land, both in sympathies and analysis capabilities.
View Quote

I agree 100%
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#26]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/WXZEAZk-635.gif

More to the point, what if they have cluster munitions or chemicals/bio in their warhead? Congrats, that stuff is still coming down on Israel. Shooting it down as far forward of your defended zone as you can is clearly the optimal solution.
View Quote

I wish Isreal could/would shoot down hamas rockets over Gaza. But it hasnt been possible. The Iron Dome batteries are set up outside of Israeli cities not outside of Gaza. Since a hamas rocket takes only a few seconds to leave Gaza, and it takes longer for Iron Dome to see, track, and prioritize it, there is no way to shoot it down before it leaves Gaza.

If there was a way to shoot them down over Gaza, that would be great and much preferable.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#27]
posted about 4 hours ago. Of course they deny it and blame Israel.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I wish Isreal could/would shoot down hamas rockets over Gaza. But it hasnt been possible. The Iron Dome batteries are set up outside of Israeli cities not outside of Gaza. Since a hamas rocket takes only a few seconds to leave Gaza, and it takes longer for Iron Dome to see, track, and prioritize it, there is no way to shoot it down before it leaves Gaza.

If there was a way to shoot them down over Gaza, that would be great and much preferable.
View Quote

They should just launch a big explody thing at the launch site as soon as the first rocket is spotted.  100% of the time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
posted about 4 hours ago. Of course they deny it and blame Israel.
View Quote

Now israel should really drop a big ass bomb on another hospital to show them the difference.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Skywarner:

I heard what the potato said in real time during his meeting with Bibi. He referred to Ham Ass as “the other team.”

God help us all.
View Quote

Coach Biden
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#31]

God help us all.
View Quote

Likely because he couldn't remember who the players are, it's "our team" and "the other team".
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

IDF fucked up by blowing up the explosive projectiles fired at their country in the wrong place?  What about the people firing the explosive projectiles in the first place?

I’m sorry, but that is some fucked up logic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

It's looking from this video that the IDF fucked up when setting up their Iron Dome engagement zones in the system software -- if they had correctly entered a PROTECTED AREA/DENIED AREA into the software with the hospital, the battery would have waited to engage the missile until it was at a point where missile debris wouldn't fall onto the hospital.

Whoops.

IDF fucked up by blowing up the explosive projectiles fired at their country in the wrong place?  What about the people firing the explosive projectiles in the first place?

I’m sorry, but that is some fucked up logic.

Yeah, that's like ...

"If you weren't driving your bike legally on the side of the road, the drink driver would never have been able to hit you..."

Some people are just fucking stupid.  Their mental gymnastics to frame the world the way they want to see it is a mental illness guised as creative thinking.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Imagine 500 dead from that missile. Then sell that thought to the world before the sun comes up and they see how bad your imagination is.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#34]

Air Defense Artillery systems (at least modern ones) have defined KEEP OUT zones for various reasons -- i.e. what happens to spent SAM boosters after you launch your missile to intercept an inbound target? The booster comes down. You want to define "drop zones" for that, so you don't drop a 1000 lb spent smoking rocket motor into someone's house.

Likewise, what is approaching you at 1000 MPH won't just vaporize after you hit it, especially for in atmosphere engagements. There's gonna be a lot of missile fragments/bodies coming down, especially with relatively low velocity intercepts such as this. It does you no good to shoot down a rocket for example, if the warhead breaks up and falls down into an orphanage.

By defining the Orphanage as a KEEP OUT zone, the system will not engage an inbound target if it thinks that (ballistically) the inbound threat will pose a threat to the KEEP OUT ZONE from debris. So it either engages before or after the keep out zone.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lockinload:
What the fuck are you babbling about?

Air Defense Artillery systems (at least modern ones) have defined KEEP OUT zones for various reasons -- i.e. what happens to spent SAM boosters after you launch your missile to intercept an inbound target? The booster comes down. You want to define "drop zones" for that, so you don't drop a 1000 lb spent smoking rocket motor into someone's house.

Likewise, what is approaching you at 1000 MPH won't just vaporize after you hit it, especially for in atmosphere engagements. There's gonna be a lot of missile fragments/bodies coming down, especially with relatively low velocity intercepts such as this. It does you no good to shoot down a rocket for example, if the warhead breaks up and falls down into an orphanage.

By defining the Orphanage as a KEEP OUT zone, the system will not engage an inbound target if it thinks that (ballistically) the inbound threat will pose a threat to the KEEP OUT ZONE from debris. So it either engages before or after the keep out zone.

That's great if your zones are in friendly territory, but what fucking retard risks their own people to make an enemy's territory safer?  They were warned to GTFO of that area, and they hide behind (probably not) civilians (most male military aged).  I'm sure they need some time to import some dead women and children from areas they were forbidden to evacuate.  Seriously, how much DERP can you get in one post?  You have got to be at the limit.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Video posted earlier in this thread this morning clearly showed the projectile failed. You see a bunch of rockets before and after it fire normally while the one that hits the hospital is falling short immediately. Likely something in the rocket engine failed, didn't give it the usual velocity and then catastrophic failure occured and it fell to the Earth.

Not that it matters if it failed on its own or because it was intercepted. Israel is not at fault for the innocent people that were killed either way.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#36]
doesn't matter if it wasn't Israel- the meeting with Biden is dashed, the Saudi's say any hope of a "peace plan" is over, the Arab world is riled u and the "ground invasion" is delayed even more. Additionally, Hamas can now run whatever ops they want out of that "hospital" and nobody can do anything about it.

It was the perfect intentional/unintentional (depending on your point of view) act.

The pali's/Hamas/Islamic Jihad/Arabs will NEVER admit that it was actually them. Never.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

Likely because he couldn't remember who the players are, it's "our team" and "the other team".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:

God help us all.

That stupid mofo couldn’t take an order at a McDonald’s drive thru with fu**ing it up and he's over there shot calling possibly WW 3.

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
does not intercept over gaza.. not sure why thats hard for you, but ok keep making up "theories"

wow, anyways, iron dome doesn't have launchers right next to the border.. they are quite far back from Gaza, surely you knew that but I guess you didn't.   The 4km minimum range still protects Sderot since they are not launching the iron dome interceptors from Sderot but much further back.  Lol.  Basic math but whatever. But they do not intercept over Gaza.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

That's great if your zones are in friendly territory, but what fucking retard risks their own people to make an enemy's territory safer?  They were warned to GTFO of that area, and they hide behind (probably not) civilians (most male military aged).  I'm sure they need some time to import some dead women and children from areas they were forbidden to evacuate.  Seriously, how much DERP can you get in one post?  You have got to be at the limit.
View Quote

Tell me you know absolutely nothing about mission planning without telling me you know nothing about mission planning.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#40]
reported 20 mins ago
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Breaking News Statement from Hamas confirms that the death toll in the hospital incident WAS accurate, and they were able to provide such an accurate figure so quickly, as the 13 dead in the car park fire figure was easy to calculate and they already had the total number of bodies in the morgue tallied up on the clip-board inside the morgue door....
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/WXZEAZk-635.gif

More to the point, what if they have cluster munitions or chemicals/bio in their warhead? Congrats, that stuff is still coming down on Israel. Shooting it down as far forward of your defended zone as you can is clearly the optimal solution.

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#43]
reported 20 mins ago
View Quote

Good.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Hamas pretends that Israel bombed the hospital and the whole Middle East and most of the media pretends to believe them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:39:46 AM EDT
[#46]
I hear Hamas is working on their own anti-rocket system called the Wooden Dome
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:

View Quote

Being that the hospital is the important topic of the day, fjb did a miserable fucking job of pointing out that it was a rocket launched from inside of gaza.

Mumbled right thru all 20 seconds of his addressing the issue.

Fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#49]

Good.
View All Quotes
reported 20 mins ago

Good.

Lol, what a clown show

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Saddler:
Breaking News Statement from Hamas confirms that the death toll in the hospital incident WAS accurate, and they were able to provide such an accurate figure so quickly, as the 13 dead in the car park fire figure was easy to calculate and they already had the total number of bodies in the morgue tallied up on the clip-board inside the morgue door....
View Quote
I suspect the total Palestinian dead according to Hamas at the end of the conflict to number in the 15 to 40 million range. Devastating to a population of 2 million.
Page / 953
Israel currently under attack (Page 509 of 953)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top